"Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #451
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Re: "Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Noppawan Lertcheewakarn has been on the radar for some time, thanks to her fine career in the juniors, which included beating Kristina Mladenovic for the Wimbledon girls' title in 2009 and holding the No.1 ranking. Turning her attention to the tricky transition to the tour, the young Thai nicknamed Nok ('bird') won a third ITF singles title in 2010 and played her first Grand Slam main draw - appropriately at the All England Club.

We caught up with one of Asia's brightest hopes during the recent BMW Malaysian Open, where the 19-year-old was runner-up in the doubles with Jessica Moore - her first WTA final of any kind.

How did you get into tennis?
NL: Everyone in my family played tennis - my mom, my dad, and my sister Apinya. We had our own court at home in Chiang Mai, so, I got used to being a ballgirl for my parents! But quite soon I started to play - I was only around four years old at the time.
What's your coaching history and situation at the moment?
NL: My dad was my first coach. After that I had about five or six coaches and I use a Thai coach right now.

How do you describe your playing style?
NL: My style is to play fast from the baseline. I like to play a flat ball, and play aggressively.

Did you have a tennis idol when you were growing up?
NL: When I was very young, I liked to watch Monica Seles play, with two hands off both sides - just like me. She played very well and I like the way she is. Now I like Federer... he's so good on the court and off court too. He knows what he's doing.

If you could steal a shot from another player, what would it be?
NL: I'd like Serena's backhand.

Favorite surface, tournament, city?
NL: I like to play on hardcourts and grasscourts. Last year I voted the BMW Malaysian Open to be my favorite tournament. I like the city of Kuala Lumpur also. But of the Grand Slams I like Wimbledon.

What are your goals in tennis?
NL: My goal for this year is to make the Top 100. Right now I'm around 160, so hopefully it's not too hard, not too much to aim for. My ultimate goal at the moment is to be Top 10 in the world.

Who has been your toughest opponent to date?
NL: Actually there are a lot… all of the Top 100 players are my toughest opponents! Sometimes our games can be much the same, but they have more experience and that makes the difference.
What's your best tennis memory to date?
NL: Winning junior Wimbledon is still the best, especially because the previous year I lost in the final. So to come back and win it was a great feeling.

How far did you go in your schooling?
NL: Hopefully I'm in my last year of high school right now. Because of my focus on tennis, I'm two years later than other pupils.

What do you like to do for fun?
NL: I like shopping, going to the movies - I like everything from The Notebook to Rocky - and a little karaoke! On TV I like to watch Glee and Gossip Girl.

What kind of non-tennis skill do you wish you had?
NL: Something to do with music. I love singing… I know almost every song but I'd like to be able to sing them better.
What sort of music do you like?
NL: I listen to Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, R&B and rap songs.
If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
NL: Aggressive, just like on court!
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you like it to be?
NL: I'd like to meet the American actor Channing Tatum. I liked him in Dear John and Step Up.

What might you have done if you hadn't become a tennis player?
NL: I'd want to be a fashion designer or businesswoman.
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Gettin...325039,00.html
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM   #452
Michael.
days are gone

Michael. has disabled reputation

(Q)Ani Mijacika (CRO) d. (7)Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) 61 75

SHUAI ZHANG («) STEFANIE VÖGELE
peng / niculescu / pliskova / hantuchova / li
vesnina / wozniak / hsieh / pliskova / cirstea
Michael. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #453
Michael.
days are gone

Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) d. Katie O'Brien (GBR) 64 67(6) 60

Old Apr 14th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #454
Michael.
days are gone

(2)Petra Cetkovska (CZE) d. Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) 64 61

Old May 16th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #455
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why she didn't enter any of clay tournaments and just went for RG for qualifying matches She really needs some advice on planning schedule.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #456

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Women's Qualifying Singles - 1st Round
Noppawan Lertcheewakarn(THA) vs. Karolina Pliskova(CZE)

she'll play on court 11 after the other Pliskova's/ Zhang match I guess it'd be around 11:30 in Paris time

I pray she could bring her best tennis in this match here, Pliskova is a dangerous opponent

-"Still On The Road"
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #457
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Nok. I'm not really expecting much.

Her form seems to have stagnated lately. But after this week she's moving on to her beloved grass.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #458

Nok lost well I expected this anyway, just too sad that she wasted all her weeks to practice on clay courts instead of entering tournaments and get some points

Pliskova girl just aced it like a motherf***** Nok did a nice job took that second set, and almost got a chance to comeback in the final set, but I guess this turd hasn't gotten into her groove yet, hopefully the new constructed clay courts in Thailand would help many Thai players to have more experience on this and get some great results from these red clay tournaments.

And now let's the grass season begins

-"Still On The Road"
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #459
Michael.
days are gone

Expected. Bring on the grass!

Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #460
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbly qualies:
R1: def. Ijima 61 75
R2: lost Chang 46 46
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #461

Nok/ Moore won the double match,next Ula/Arina

-"Still On The Road"
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #462
country flag TTomek

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #463
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP!
After a super disappointing summer, Nok got a great win today in the US Open Quallies over Kucova.

Hope this has given her confidence and she can keep this up.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #464
Michael.
days are gone

Nok won against Weinhold?.

I think she has a good chance against Krystina Pliskova too.

Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #465
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Keep going
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote