Suicide Tennis - Rules 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #1
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute
Suicide Tennis - Rules 2014

Concept

1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).

2. This is where the twist comes in. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Clijsters or Sharapova to win in early round matches.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the first match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.

For Example:

On DAY 02 Meelis chooses Petra Kvitova. From that point on, Meelis (assuming he qualifies) is unable to choose Mandy Minella again. It is especially significant when on the semifinal day, you are choosing who you believe will win in the semifinals, but also lose in the final.

4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
You can also have more than 1 backup.

Replacement picks must be identitified like this:

BACK-UP PICK - Ana Ivanovic

If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.

For Example:

Hobart - 2014 - Day 1 Matches:

Roberta Vinci vs Sara Errani
Daniela Hantuchova vs Alja Tomljanovic
Madison Keys vs. Simona Halep

Richie's chooses Sara Errani and "Back-Up Pick - Simona Halep"
Monzanator chooses Daniela Hantuchova and "Back-up Pick - Madison Keys"
smokovec chooses Simona Halep and "Back-up Pick - Daniela Hantuchova"

Day 1 Match Results:

Tomljanovic def. [LL] Mandy Minella (Minella replaces Hantuchova in the main draw, due to her withdrawal)
Sara Errani def. Roberta Vinci
Madison Keys def. Simon Halep

Richie's pick of Errani is correct, he has qualified for Day 2.
Monzantor's pick of Hantuchova is invalid, due to her withdrawal. However, because his back-up pick is correct, he has qualified for Day 2.
smokovec pick of Simona Halep is incorrect, therefore he has not qualified for Day 2.

Despite Richie's and Monzanator qualifying for Day 2, they are not allowed to choose their picks from Day 1 for the remainder of the tournament (for Richie's that would be Errani, and for Monzanator that would be Keys).

5. As you get deeper into the draws, you have to start picking based on not only who you think will win, but who is likely to lose down the road. And remember, if you are still alive come semi-final time, you are not only picking who you think would win a semi, but also who would lose the final, since you could not pick the same player again.

Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...

Game Play

1. You have until the beginning of a match to pick your player. Once a match is started, you cannot pick a from that match anymore so you should pick another match.

2. Pick one player per day (not per round) to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.

3. If you pick a player whose match is rescheduled for the next day, your original pick still stands.

4. No changing your mind! Once you've picked a player, it sticks.

5. Please make your pick in a timely fashion. Game host reserves the right to disqualify a participant if he feels that the late pick rule is being abused.

6. In order to avoid confusion, please name your pick by the player's last name. NO nicknames or first names. In the case where players share the same last name (e.g. Williams) please use the player's first initial as well (e.g. S. Williams).

7. No sick/off days allowed, nor are stragglers allowed in after the first day of match play has commenced.

8. In some tournaments players will receive a bye. The best 8 or 16 ranked players (depends of the tournament). In this case you don't necessarily have to pick for day 1. (your day 1 pick is only for a tiebreaker to decide the tournament winner)
But you do have to pick for day 2. If you don't pick for day 2 you will lose your bye and can't play the tournament. The bye goes to the next player in the ranking. So it's important for players who are really close to have a bye for day 1, that they pick for day 2. Even if you have an invalid pick for day 1.

i) Tournament Schedule

1. Each player is allowed to play only one tournament each week. As soon as he has make a pick for day 1 , he has confirmed his commitment.

2. The tournament thread will be entitled:

Suicide (Insert Tournament Location)

And will be found within its respective tournament forum.

3. The tournament schedule will mimic the WTA Tour 2014 Calendar. All tournaments will be played.

4. You may compete in as many weeks of the WTA Tour season as you wish, noting that you only compete in one tournament each week.

ii) Winning

1. There are two ways in which a player can win a tournament:

- If you are the only player to have correctly chosen the winner for each day's play through the final day.

- If in a tournament , you have lasted the longest, albeit Day 2, Day 4, Day 6, etc.

ii) In the event of a tie the following will occur

a) The player who had more picks during the tournament is deemed the winner.

For example:

Chris 84 and Gavnich77 are both eliminated on DAY 04 of Suicide Bangkok. However, Gavnich was eliminated because he had no picks remaining, while Chris 84 was eliminated because his pick was incorrect. Therefore, Chris 84 is announced the winner.

b)If still in the event of a tie for first and second place, the player whose picks lost fewer games (ONLY in the round that they were selected), will be determined as having won.

For example:

Buitenzorg and qczi have both lost on Day 5 in Suicide Sydney. In order to determine who is the winner, and who is the finalist, all of the games lost by their picks are tallied up. This includes their pick who lost her match, thus eliminating them.

qczi's picks have lost a total of 36 games, in the rounds chosen by him.
Buitenzorg's picks have lost a total of 22 games, in the rounds chosen by him.

Because Buitenzorg's picks have lost fewer games, he is declared winner of Suicide Sydney.

c) In the event that they are still tied, the picks who lost fewer sets when they were chosen, including the round in which the pick had lost, will be tallied. The tally which includes fewer sets lost, will be deemed the winner.

d) In the event that they are still tied, we're gonna look at the backup's. First we look at who has the most winners. If't that tied, we look at fewer games lost and as last at fewer sets lost.

e) Slightly there's a chance that it's still tied, but if it is we go to the main picks again.
The highest total amount of the ranking of all choosen players wins. If that's still a tied we're do the same with the backup's.

f) If none of above gives a solution then the player who pick first at DAY 1 wins.

iii) Rankings

1. Rankings are based upon how far each person survives in a tournament, with each day you survive, the greater number of points you will receive.

2. The rankings will be completed in similar format to the "WTA".

The mandatory tournaments include:
Australian Open
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
US Open
Indian Wells
Miami
Madrid
Beijing

Those 6 mandatory counting tournaments, will be combined with your 8 best tournament results.

3. If at the end of the season, you rank amongst the Top 8 players of Suicide Tennis, you will qualify for the Year Endings Championships.

v) Absenses

1. I realize that it is inevitable that trips, or inabilities to reach the computer will arise. As a result this will be the approaches

a) If you know you will only be away for the following day:

- If the OOP is not yet out, choose who you believe will win based on the draw. Make a list of 3-4 players maximum that you believe will win, if they are to play tomorrow. It should appear like this:

" I won't be able to predict for DAY 2, as a result if I am to qualify these are my choices:

1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova "

It is assumed then, that if Serena's match is to be played, then you have chosen her as your pick for that day. If she doesn't play then Azarenka is your pick, and etc. In the occurence that one player withdraws, the player immediately following that player in your list, will be considered the "Back-Up Pick".

b) If you are to be away for more than one day:

- You have no choice, but to use the above example, and then list your picks as match winner over match winner. It should appear like this:

" I won't be able to predict for DAY 2, DAY 3, or DAY 4, as a result if I am to qualify these are my choices:

DAY 2
1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova

DAY 3
1. Winner of Ivanovic/Pennetta over Bouchard/Stosur
2. Winner of Cibulkova/Wozniacki over Pavlyuchenkova/Wickmayer
3. Winner of Kirilenko/Safarova over Muguruza/Cirstea

If your picks are opposite each other (e.g. predicting Muller over Pennetta and Pennetta over Muller in the same day), then whichever is labelled 1, will be considered your choice. Thus leaving, #2, invalid.

Be careful not to abuse the system above, if it is becoming more and more frequent, I'll recommend you take a break from the game.

Furthermore, if there are anymore questions, concerns, or inquiries, please PM me, or post it in this thread. Thank-you.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova

Last edited by DAVAJ MKirilenko : Jan 8th, 2014 at 12:00 AM.
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #2
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future
Re: Suicide Tennis - Rules 2014

What is the exact rule for seeds who send for day 1 but don't send for day 2? Is their seeding taken by the next highest ranked player? Thanks.
histery is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #3
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God there is a sticky thread for rules
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian's) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #4
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
What is the exact rule for seeds who send for day 1 but don't send for day 2? Is their seeding taken by the next highest ranked player? Thanks.
Yes, that's correct.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #5
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Sjoerd thanks for using me as one of the rules example
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #6
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future

What is the exact points distribution for premier event that last 6 days (e.g. Sydney). I'm interested mostly in day 4 points. Currently I'm using :

1:1
2:30
3:60
4:90
5:200
6:320
6:470 - winner

People say I should give 120 pts for day 4. Thanks
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #7
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think there is a huge gap between 90 (day 4) and 200 (day 5)...I reckon 120 should be awarded for day 4
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #8
country flag histery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg View Post
Personally, I think there is a huge gap between 90 (day 4) and 200 (day 5)...I reckon 120 should be awarded for day 4
I would think so too, need a confirmation though
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #9
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
What is the exact points distribution for premier event that last 6 days (e.g. Sydney). I'm interested mostly in day 4 points. Currently I'm using :

1:1
2:30
3:60
4:90
5:200
6:320
6:470 - winner

People say I should give 120 pts for day 4. Thanks
Nope, 90 points is correct.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #10
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

Hi!

If someone post their picks (including the back-up) before the OOP is posted and both are from matches that will not be played today, what I should do?

Strasbourg Champion

Current live ranking: #50

Paula Badosa Gibert
Davidspell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #11
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
Hi!

If someone post their picks (including the back-up) before the OOP is posted and both are from matches that will not be played today, what I should do?
If the matches are not from the OOP, both pickes are invalid. The player should make a new pick.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 08:25 PM   #12
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

Hi!

Is last day at Acapulco and some players doesn't have valid picks for posting. They should post:

Day 6:

Pick: No-one (Invalid),

for having Day 6 Invalid points, and if they don't post they will receive Day 6 (No Pick)?Or, they don't need to post and will receive Day 6 (Invalid)?

Strasbourg Champion

Current live ranking: #50

Paula Badosa Gibert
Davidspell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #13
country flag Buitenzorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
Hi!

Is last day at Acapulco and some players doesn't have valid picks for posting. They should post:

Day 6:

Pick: No-one (Invalid),

for having Day 6 Invalid points, and if they don't post they will receive Day 6 (No Pick)?Or, they don't need to post and will receive Day 6 (Invalid)?
Seems like there is not a respond for your questions; I think best to PM Sjoerd (DAVAJ MKirilenko)
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 08:43 AM   #14
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you have no pick left then there's no need to post.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #15
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Quote:
For Example:

Hobart - 2014 - Day 1 Matches:

Roberta Vinci vs Sara Errani
Daniela Hantuchova vs Alja Tomljanovic
Madison Keys vs. Simona Halep

Day 1 Match Results:

Tomljanovic def. [LL] Mandy Minella (Minella replaces Hantuchova in the main draw, due to her withdrawal)
Sara Errani def. Roberta Vinci
Madison Keys def. Simon Halep
My choice:
Day1 Alja Tomljanovic
Back-Up Simona Halep

Whether there will be I in the second round?
Thanks in advance
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote