Peng Shuai News from China media Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #1
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Peng Shuai News from China media Thread

Chinese members: You get so many stories from the newspapers and other news media about Shuai's status, and we really appreciate you keeping us up to date. Let's use this thread to post the stories here in a running list. Thanks a lot!!
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #2
country flag wubenzhimu

wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold wubenzhimu is a splendid one to behold
2006/4/18
sina.com.cn
the Fed Cup Team left shanghai for INA this morning,
25,Apirl_____back to shanghai
27/28,Apirl_____go to beijing
wubenzhimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #3
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1star
Dont believe in what newspaper and other news media have to say. Many of them are lying.

By the way, Jie/Zi left for INA yesterday but Peng is still in Shanghai practising on clay courts.
She wouldn't leave until two days later.
Dont understand why the doubles team had to go earlier.
What about Na?
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #4
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Na, Ting and TianTian are also in Shanghai now.
I think the singles team will leave in one or two days.

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM   #5
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute
Shuai withdrew from Estoril Tier4.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #6
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Reminder: please post info from the Chinese news here, because a lot of people would like to see it! Thanx!!
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #7
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781
Reminder: please post info from the Chinese news here, because a lot of people would like to see it! Thanx!!
They kept saying whether Peng would play Fedcup or not was unsure untill Feb.14.

Now it's confirmed Peng will not play Fedcup this weekend due to injuries at Winbleden

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #8
country flag 1star

http://sports.qq.com/a/20060925/000378.htm

I would like to translate part of an interview about Peng after China Open.

Q: Many years later, will you find the year 2006 very important, not only for your tennis but for your life as well?

PENG: I started playing tennis at 8 years old. I had an operation at 12. Till now I’ve played for 12 years. I’ve experienced not only this single year. Sometimes I think I’m lucky and sometimes I fell I’m unlucky. At juniors, I played very well. Then i was held up for 3 years. It had thought of giving up when i was 18. But two years later, I suddenly reached top 30. Now I only hope to walk well step by step.

Q: What role is your present coach playing dragging you out of the plight?

PENG: I think the help is not superficial, it is psychological. Karl(卡尔) used to be my fitness coach, but I cannot desire more pro coaches like (technique) coach, specific fitness coach and hitting partners. It is very expensive to hire coaches for pro tennis players. For me, it is enough now. Karl is a stable person. He does not make me feel any pressure so that I can train peacefully.

Q: Before US open, Jiang Hong-Wei said you did not submit your relevant schedules to him. Is that required by National Team?

( Jiang Hong-Wei did say that: http://sports.tom.com/2006-08-02/070S/86229183.html
“As stipulated, Peng Shuai’s schedules should be submitted to me but I haven't seen any of her schedules, I will talk to her when we meet in US.” )

Peng: All my tournament schedules are open and can be found on WTA website. Those are not things I can cover up. What I wanted to do is to play good tennis so as to raise my ranking.

Q: Can we say it this way, you still belong to National team but you do not train with the National Team?

PENG: I thanked a lot of people that day. Could have included CTA (She thanked Parents, fans, Tianjin Team etc. but did not mention CTA in the after match interview.). I think my thanks were not one side directed. You media was also included since you were supporting me when I was in greatest difficulty.
To tell the truth, usually I would like to see my photos, some tennis info and other interesting messages. But at that period, I dared not to get online. I felt horrible, fainted. There was a kind of pressure beyond description.
The most painful was not my downward ranking but not being understood by people.
(Because her clash with officials to wrest control over her own training and schedules caused a sensation)
I'm getting much better now. I know there's no way to make everybody understand me, but it is enough if some people understand me.

Q: There is a method that in order to make you move faster, you need to reduce weight. Do you agree with the idea?

PENG: It is okay to reduce weight but it will certainly affect my trainning. Those power hitters like Daveport and Kuznetsova are not slim. I look a little fatter on TV. I think it makes me look like 5kgs more.
On TV, my face looks very big like a basin. In fact, some people are strong (fat) in body but their faces are small. It gives people a different (wrong) impression.

Q: You struggled in the past seasons, but you played well in Beijing Open. How do you see that?

PENG: At the beginning, I didn’t know if I could be in the main draw. Then I got a wild card according to my silver player ranking. Thus I saved a wild card for TianTian. I think it is good. I felt inspired by the enthusiasm of the crowd, especially in the 1st round match, they were cheering for me all the time.

Q: We found you blew kisses to the crowd around with double hands like Assasi What did you mean?

PENG: In fact it was the 1st time I did that. Just wanted to show my thanks to everybody, to all those who support me.

Last edited by 1star : Oct 15th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #9
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks 1star!!! That's very nice of you to translate the interview.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #10
country flag drake3781

^^ Thank you 1star!!

I find the questions and answers quite funny .
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #11
country flag 1star

Well, I just added some questions and answers as the first and middle paragraphs above.
Seemingly it is a relaxed interview but it conveys a lot. It is actually well prepared and organized.
I think it is “Pro Peng” Paper.

Old Dec 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM   #12
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peng Shuai News from China media Thread

shuai peng is training in U.S and then reunite with other Chinese players in doha

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #13
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1star View Post
I think it is “Pro Peng” Paper.

Is she really that controversial?

Only in the media, or among the people too?

Our dear little rebel!!.......
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #14
country flag zhangxian22

zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold

Peng Shuai missed her match in a national tournament because she did not receive any notice of the time change from the officials in advance. At that time she was processing her visa in Shanghai since the CTA is not helping her. Zi as her opponent walked over and met with Jie in the single's final. In spite of the warning from the CTA, Peng held a news conference with the journalists to express her opinion on this issue. She also mentioned that there may be some conspiracy here. Don't know whether this might bring some new challenges for her since she just relieved the tensity with the CTA.
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #15
country flag Eldoth Kron

Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all Eldoth Kron is a name known to all

PENG