Australian Money Tournament Circuit - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #76
country flag brissy

brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts
Re: Australian Money Tournament Circuit

As i say, i think when nick bollettieri said she was a bright prospect i would have to agree as he has seen most of the world's best. She has travelled overseas actually. She was selected in the tennis australia young stars tour and did better than isabella on that tour when she went on it. She also was selected in the team to tour the U.S and she reached the semi finals of one of the biggest tournamnets over there, with wins over the top girls in ukraine and belarus. I understand you think one should conduct themsleves well on court. She is quite vocal i must say! but if that's what works for her, then so be it. She has had phenomanal results internationally and as I am one of the tennis australia coaches daughters-i know everyone is saying she is someone to be watched. She does need to watch her time between points though! but i think she has a great future ahead of her. If you look at pat rafter-who does a bit of work with her, he never even made a queensland team-so you don;t have to peak when you're a junior. it's all about the pro tour.
brissy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #77
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissy View Post
As i say, i think when nick bollettieri said she was a bright prospect i would have to agree as he has seen most of the world's best. She has travelled overseas actually. She was selected in the tennis australia young stars tour and did better than isabella on that tour when she went on it. She also was selected in the team to tour the U.S and she reached the semi finals of one of the biggest tournamnets over there, with wins over the top girls in ukraine and belarus. I understand you think one should conduct themsleves well on court. She is quite vocal i must say! but if that's what works for her, then so be it. She has had phenomanal results internationally and as I am one of the tennis australia coaches daughters-i know everyone is saying she is someone to be watched. She does need to watch her time between points though! but i think she has a great future ahead of her. If you look at pat rafter-who does a bit of work with her, he never even made a queensland team-so you don;t have to peak when you're a junior. it's all about the pro tour.

Well to be honest, Isabella didn't actually tour with Harriet last year. Isabella was already playing on the ITF Junior Circuit and did the Young Stars tour at the age of 13 the previous year...

An ITF Junior Ranking of 1847 doesn't exactly highlight phenomenal results internationally...There is a big step up from 14&Unders in America to the international ITF Junior Circuit week in, week out
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #78
country flag brissy

brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts

yes isabella went on the previous tour the year before. But harriet has actually played international tournaments. Isabella is good, i watched her at traralgon at the start of the year-she must have had a bad day, because she played horrible tennis and lost to a swedish girl quite easily. But everyone has those days. I think it is very unfair to judge harriet by her itf ranking-if you researched tennis and was around the international events-you'd know that 13 of the top 40 men atp never played an itf-pat rafter had a worse ranking than 1800+ and a lot of the top girls in the wta didn't even play itf's. Most of them just go straight to the junior ranks of the WTA. I'm not quite sure how long isabella will last-there has been rumor that she is not totally dedicated to her tennis. But again that is just rumor. Why is everyone so concerned with the itf's? who cares if you're a top junior-no one will understand that as you get older. But if you're a top wta player-then you'll get recognition. Again I know for a fact bigs companies have tried to sign her and she is very well respected internationally-i think you need to put less importance on that itf circuit. It's not the be all and end all-let's see who is in it for the log run-it's not really a battle of who get's there first. Sampras was 16 and had never won a nationals in the states-i think that says it all-don't you? I think i'll agree with all the pros who think she is fantastic>i know john fitzgerald was very impressed-he said she had the best serve he had ever seen since alicia molik-that's a pretty good wrap-don't you think? he has seen all the girls you have at the bottom of your page-and he thinks harriet has a hell of a lot of potential. Also harriet would know about playing week in and week out-she did the young stars tour, then went to the states for 3 months straight,and then played the nationals and some grade 1 itf's straight after that. then went on to the NZ itf's. No wonder she got injured! So she does actually know what it's like to travel and play week in and week out. i think you might need to actually get some facts about her-you're disagreeing with professional opinions-i think i'll take their view. I should say isabella is a fantastic prospect for australian tennis and i wish her all the best-she is a delight to watch!!!! agree to disagree hey? who are you picking for the french?
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #79
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm picking Justine Henin to win the title, R/U hopefully Jelena Jankovic with another strong showing from Serena...u?

I don't consider it to be ''unfair'' to judge Harriet by her ITF Junior Ranking. In oppoistion to ur statement the ITF Junior Circuit is, in the vast majority of cases (Henin, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Jankovic, Hingis, Clijsters etc), the first step to building a successful career. You simply cannot compare the men's circuit (Rafter included) with the girls. Girls develop earlier than boys, with many of the top women having achieved great results at a young age. Isabella is certainly set for the future...why, do u think, is Isabella doing the European Development Junior Circuit (incorporating both the French Open and Wimbledon Juniors), and Harriet is playing AMT's around SE QLD - with relatively little success? I;m sure Isabella wouldn't be playing anything if she wasn't serious about her tennis...although she is keen to finish her education to a certain level...

It's a bit much to be saying that nobody cares about juniors. U most establish urself as a legitimate player before u can get a look into the WTA circuit. Even though, as u say, Sampras and Rafter never achieved all that much in their junior careers, they obviously showed talent, otherwise they wouldn't have achieved the success that they have. Rafter was the captain of a Queensland school boys team in the 80's...and he trained frequently under the guidance of top aussie coaches in Brisbane.

I never said Harriet didn't know what it was like to play week in week out, but rather, that izzy has played frequently week in, week out for well over a year at the international ITF level - izzy has a WTA ranking...Harriet does not...Isabella is one of the highest ranked players (1992 born) in the world, on both ITF Junior and WTA Tour rankings...once again, Harriet is not...
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #80
country flag brissy

i don't dispute that- i really don't but harriet had heart surgery last year and fractured her hip. so i know u probably haven't had that-i think that's a pretty stelar effort to actually come back! i don't think a lot of people would do that. once again you haven't disputed what the pros have said about her. so isabella is developing faster than harriet-does that really matter? harriet has been through a lot of trauma recently - hence the bad ranking and up and down results. she'll bounce back-i know she will. if all these people think she is good - and you're the only person disputing harriet's talent-you should take a real good look at her - i don't izzy hasn't had to deal with anything like harriet has. we should try and give her confidence, instead of being so negative - i think in many aspects she's ahead of the girls mentally. everyone goes through something bad in their career-harriet has experinced these things before izzy has, so she would probs be more mature in that area. you should know that people develop at different times- i think you should seriously take that into account, before trying to cut down a fighter like harriet. her mum also had very bad cancer - give her a break. she's just started training again, she'll work her way back - just give her a bit of time. i'm picking henin as well - she is amazing to watch. i'd like to see vaidasova do well, also along with jankovic. i would like to see mauresmo do well - i think the pressure could get to her - let's hope not
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #81
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
i don't dispute that- i really don't but harriet had heart surgery last year and fractured her hip. so i know u probably haven't had that-i think that's a pretty stelar effort to actually come back! i don't think a lot of people would do that. once again you haven't disputed what the pros have said about her. so isabella is developing faster than harriet-does that really matter? harriet has been through a lot of trauma recently - hence the bad ranking and up and down results. she'll bounce back-i know she will. if all these people think she is good - and you're the only person disputing harriet's talent-you should take a real good look at her - i don't izzy hasn't had to deal with anything like harriet has. we should try and give her confidence, instead of being so negative - i think in many aspects she's ahead of the girls mentally. everyone goes through something bad in their career-harriet has experinced these things before izzy has, so she would probs be more mature in that area. you should know that people develop at different times- i think you should seriously take that into account, before trying to cut down a fighter like harriet. her mum also had very bad cancer - give her a break. she's just started training again, she'll work her way back - just give her a bit of time. i'm picking henin as well - she is amazing to watch. i'd like to see vaidasova do well, also along with jankovic. i would like to see mauresmo do well - i think the pressure could get to her - let's hope not
I'm not disputing Harriet's courage or tenacity, but since u mention it, Isabella had a debilitating virus a couple of years back. It could have derailed her career, thankfully, it didn't...Other players like Monika get minimal help from TA and TQ, and have to fund their own development

I'm also not disputing her talent, but rather, I disagree with u that she has enough talent to become a wimbledon champion
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #82
country flag brissy

yes i think i'll just stick with the opinions of the pro's, and the tennis australia coaches. the virus bella had wasn't actually that bad - we are very close to her mother's sister, it was a bad virus, but certainly not anything like harriet had to deal with. and according to monica-harriet played her in her first tournament back and harri just lost to her, which was very good considering monica is extremely match fit. i don't think monica has what it takes to get to the top-she doesn't have the dedication-i know this for a fact as my father is one of the head coaches and he says people think she has missed the boat-and that she is probs as good as she is going to get. it is sad because if TA and TQ had put money into her earlier-she could've been great. also her family is more well off then they let on-again i know this for a fact. Harriet is one of those rare players who just keeps plugging away at her game and she is so lucky to have sooooo many people who believe in her. i have yet to hear a bad thing about her-she is very popular with the kids,and a lot of people think she could be great-let's hope she is. She is a great person-she does a lot of work with disadvantaged ppl - especially with speech impediments. So i think she is just a champion-and i can say she is on track to get dux of her grade, as she is a straight a/a+ student. i don't think there are many players out there as accomplished as she is. what is going on with shayna mcdowell? i heard she is fed up with tennis-do u know anything of this? i haven't seen her name around and a lot of people have said that she hates the travelling-and that she's as good as she'll get. do u know what's going on? it would be a horrible shame to see her go
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #83
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
what is going on with shayna mcdowell? i heard she is fed up with tennis-do u know anything of this? i haven't seen her name around and a lot of people have said that she hates the travelling-and that she's as good as she'll get. do u know what's going on? it would be a horrible shame to see her go
Shayna has been in Asia for a month, gaining points to build her WTA Ranking. As far as I know, Shaz is keen to get into as bigger tournaments as possible this year, and so far has built her ranking from 858 after the Aussie Open, to 551...

She will be in Asia playing for another few weeks as well.
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #84
country flag OZTENNIS

Caboolture AMT:

Draws and Results:
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/defau...4&pageId=12306
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #85
country flag OZTENNIS

3rd Rd
(1) Wiltshire def. (15) Ferguson 6-1, 0-6, 7-5
(9) Wejnert def. (8) Ricketts 6-2, 6-2
(14) Rich def. Assef 6-0, 6-4
(7) Watter def. (11) Cook 7-5, 6-3
(10) Morris def. (6) Sinclair 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
(3) Binnie def. Letcher 1-6, 6-2, 6-3
(12) Sumner def. (5) Houpapa 4-6, 6-1, 7-5
(2) Benad def. (15) Parsons 7-5, 7-6
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM   #86
country flag OZTENNIS

Q/F
(9) Wejnert def. (1) Wiltshire 7-5, 2-6, 6-1
(14) Rich def. (7) Watter 7-5, 1-6, 7-5
(3) Binnie def. (10) Morris 6-4, 6-3
(2) Benad def. (12) Sumner 6-1, 3-6, 6-4
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:16 PM   #87
country flag OZTENNIS

S/F
(9) Wejnert vs. (14) Rich
(3) Binnie vs. (2) Benad
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #88
country flag OZTENNIS

And just for the record, Harriet Sheahan lost 4-6, 2-6 to Kristy Sinclair in Round 2
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #89
country flag brissy

haha yes she did. she also partialy dislocated her left hip-i was there. She was 4-1 up against kristy-and still managed to play on. Why are you so negative of her-she's only in her second tournament back. And for the record, shayna mcdowell isn't going to make it. she's getting through qualies, then losing in the first few rounds of low level wta events-if she was going to make it then she should be playing higher grade wta events and doing well in them-all of the top pros were way ahead of her at her age. but i guess we shouldn't judge people on their late development should we?
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #90
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

A bit off topic (back to Jess Schaer). She just took 9/467-Lisa Sabino (ITA) to a 6-2,7-6(3) scoreline in Q1 $25k Italy. Not a bad effort!!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote