Australian Money Tournament Circuit - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #61
country flag Sammy 4 eva!!!
GA GA OOH LA LA.

Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Money Tournament Circuit

Nice report OZTENNIS!!!

◊ Casey Dellacqua ◊ Olivia Rogowska ◊ Monika Wejnert ◊ Jelena Dokic ◊
◊ Laura Robson ◊ Sabine Lisicki ◊ Timea Bacsinszky ◊ Dinara Safina ◊
Sammy 4 eva!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #62
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Rachel H would need some matches to get used to the courts, she is a fast court player and im sure you will change your mind next time you see her!

Emelyn Starr is a good player too, obviously a bad day, as she should of won this hands down, if she played anything like she did at Perth ITF!

Sarah Benad...No comment
Sarah Benad!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #63
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all, im back to finish my report;

In the bottom half of the draw, I expected Monika Wejnert to come through. After an 8-1 blitzing of Natalie Petaia, she almost came undone against Sheahan, with Harriet serving for victory at 7-6 and 8-7. It was amazing to see that every time Harriet hit a winner, the people watching clapped loudly, but when Monika won a point, no one ever clapped . Just when Sheahan needed to believe in herself, she faltered, with Monika cleaning her up fair and square in the tiebreak.

Unfortunately, Wejnert fell to Schaer (who is unimpressive), who overpowered Monika. Monika played some really nice touch shots, but seemed a little flat. Schaer went on to beat Alice Watter 6-0, 6-1 in the semi final, before outing an ill Stephanie Wiltshire in the final, 5-7, 6-1 10-7. Watter was far from impressive, and was helped along by an easy draw, as was Katie Lee who upset Sarah Benad

This wraps up my report
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #64
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say reading through this thread brings back heaps of memories of seeing a number of the players in the G4 event here earlier in the year

Rachels big weapon when she was down here was to simply do the right things time after time - not making any silly errors on important points (which lets face it a number of juniors do make those silly errors)
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #65
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
thanks all, im back to finish my report;

In the bottom half of the draw, I expected Monika Wejnert to come through. After an 8-1 blitzing of Natalie Petaia, she almost came undone against Sheahan, with Harriet serving for victory at 7-6 and 8-7. It was amazing to see that every time Harriet hit a winner, the people watching clapped loudly, but when Monika won a point, no one ever clapped . Just when Sheahan needed to believe in herself, she faltered, with Monika cleaning her up fair and square in the tiebreak.

Unfortunately, Wejnert fell to Schaer (who is unimpressive), who overpowered Monika. Monika played some really nice touch shots, but seemed a little flat. Schaer went on to beat Alice Watter 6-0, 6-1 in the semi final, before outing an ill Stephanie Wiltshire in the final, 5-7, 6-1 10-7. Watter was far from impressive, and was helped along by an easy draw, as was Katie Lee who upset Sarah Benad

This wraps up my report
Thats because Harriet is so cute and nice!
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #66
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachaisastar View Post
Thats because Harriet is so cute and nice!
hardly, she has a reputation for cheating...and that reminds me, the number of people who crossed the net to check a ball mark on their opponents side was amazing, none more so than chelsea te tai....my god she is one overrated player. terrible backhand, rushed looking forehand and not much of an impressive serve. and oh yeah, she can't move very well...i'm not expecting her to achieve very much in her career...
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:27 AM   #67
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Has alice watter learnt to win without hooking yet???
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #68
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
Has alice watter learnt to win without hooking yet???
no

every match she played (that I saw), there was a huge amount of controversy...talk about a bad sport
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #69
country flag kittyking

Quote:
hardly, she has a reputation for cheating...and that reminds me, the number of people who crossed the net to check a ball mark on their opponents side was amazing, none more so than chelsea te tai....my god she is one overrated player. terrible backhand, rushed looking forehand and not much of an impressive serve. and oh yeah, she can't move very well...i'm not expecting her to achieve very much in her career...
Since when does she have a reputation for cheating (or were you trying to make a joke )

Maybe you should look closer at Chelsea - she hits the ball early on the forehand side if you were trying to mean that, this is becuase she likes to be the attacker in most ralleys. Alright her backhand isnt the best (she clean missed a few that I saw) but its definately improved in the past 12 months.
Shes been out of form for awhile now, I think shes getting homesick honestly....but once she can get over that barrier she can definately reshow promise of being a top 500 player in the future.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #70
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachaisastar View Post
Since when does she have a reputation for cheating (or were you trying to make a joke )

Maybe you should look closer at Chelsea - she hits the ball early on the forehand side if you were trying to mean that, this is becuase she likes to be the attacker in most ralleys. Alright her backhand isnt the best (she clean missed a few that I saw) but its definately improved in the past 12 months.
Shes been out of form for awhile now, I think shes getting homesick honestly....but once she can get over that barrier she can definately reshow promise of being a top 500 player in the future.
No seriously, in Australia she has a reputation for cheating (this is Sheahan)...the umpire was called out for her match against Monika Wejnert...it wasn't pretty.

In relation to Te Tai I doubt very much she has any top 500 potential...sorry
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #71
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no

every match she played (that I saw), there was a huge amount of controversy...talk about a bad sport
No suprise then a mate of mine played against her last year and said she had never been hooked so much in all her life.............Watter must go down! I will come umpire the trolls match
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #72
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
No suprise then a mate of mine played against her last year and said she had never been hooked so much in all her life.............Watter must go down! I will come umpire the trolls match
but

it's amazing how many times even i;ve been hooked in my matches too...but alice watter when will she ever get off
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #73
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:

This wraps up my report
Thanks for the reports!!
I saw Jess Schaer play at the end of 2005 & I really liked her game.
She's playing qualies in a $25k in Italy this weekend.......
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #74
country flag brissy

brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts brissy is infamous around these parts

I saw Harriet Sheahan training recently and it was absolutely amazing to watch. I think people have been a bit unfair on her recent form. She has just come back from a terrible injury-i heard it was a fracture in her leg and she was out for a while with it. She also had a pretty rough year last year with illness in her imediate family, so i think people need to consider other factors when it comes to her form. I have heard so many great things about her - i know for a fact that she cleans up the grasscourt nationals! hopefully a wimbledon champion one day. She's a fighter- and has had it pretty tough. She has an amazing serve, i watched her in the states and nick bollettieri said she was one of the brightest prospects in female tennis! apparently she has a problem with knowing when to stop, which is the main cause of her injuries. She works too hard. I've been watching her at the AMT's recently-and i am very impressed with her. That information about her being known as a cheat is completely false. There was no problem on court in her match between monica-the ref came on and talked to her about taking too long at change of ends-thats all it was. Hopefully people can try and look past the here and now, and see that she is only 14, and one of the most respected players on the junior tour at the moment-she has got a few years up her sleeve, and it's all about the pro tour isn't it? let her improve she is only so young.
brissy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #75
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissy View Post
I saw Harriet Sheahan training recently and it was absolutely amazing to watch. I think people have been a bit unfair on her recent form. She has just come back from a terrible injury-i heard it was a fracture in her leg and she was out for a while with it. She also had a pretty rough year last year with illness in her imediate family, so i think people need to consider other factors when it comes to her form. I have heard so many great things about her - i know for a fact that she cleans up the grasscourt nationals! hopefully a wimbledon champion one day. She's a fighter- and has had it pretty tough. She has an amazing serve, i watched her in the states and nick bollettieri said she was one of the brightest prospects in female tennis! apparently she has a problem with knowing when to stop, which is the main cause of her injuries. She works too hard. I've been watching her at the AMT's recently-and i am very impressed with her. That information about her being known as a cheat is completely false. There was no problem on court in her match between monica-the ref came on and talked to her about taking too long at change of ends-thats all it was. Hopefully people can try and look past the here and now, and see that she is only 14, and one of the most respected players on the junior tour at the moment-she has got a few years up her sleeve, and it's all about the pro tour isn't it? let her improve she is only so young.
Hello, good to see a new Aussie poster

I have heard a number of people complain not just about her line calls, but also about her general demeanor on court, not from just players, but also spectators and referees. A lady needs to know how to carry herself on court, and if she is taking too long on the change of end, and in between points (which she was), she should have to suffer the consequences.

Whilst she may have had a tough time with personal problems, I hardly consider her an outstanding prospect. If she had potential, she should be overseas like Isabella Holland, competing in international events. She is 15 this year, and if she wants to make a decent career out of tennis she has ro do a hell of a lot of improvement.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on this one