Australian Money Tournament Circuit - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM   #151
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AMT Circuit; Wilson AMT #4 - Evie Dominikovic is playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Is the pic Dani? If so she looks much healthier than the AO wildcrad playoff.
Yes that picture is of Daniella, but that picture is from around the end of 2005, unfortunately.

I went to the University Open in Brisbane today, at UQ Tennis Centre. SeanyQ did you go, if so, what did you think of the standard?

I thought that the strength and the depth of the women's field was quite poor. Monika Wejnert was the only one worth watching, and she struggled to concentrate against a 12 year old girl, Ashleigh Barty. Barty is quite crafty for her age, but Monika was too strong and won in like 30 minutes.

The number of girls who seem to have given up school and are instead doing home schooling is ridiculous. It is too early to say how far Barty and Lyann Hoang can go, but Monika looks like the only one with a decent shot of making the WTA Tour. These girls that are doing home schooling are setting themselves up for a bleak future IMO. They really need some advisers on hand...

Think I saw Isabella Holland sitting at the cafe, but not too sure, didn't get a close enough look.

Oh and Sophie Ferguson is playing this weekend at the Sawtell RSL Seaside Open in Sawtell. Hopefully she can get some form, her only road bumps should be Lizaan Du Plessis and Lucia Gonzalez
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #152
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

If she loses to Du Plessis or Gonzalez something is very wrong..
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #153
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Wilson AMT #4
SF (3) Evie Dominikovic d. (8) Stephanie Lim 6-2;6-1
SF (1) Daniella Dominikovic d. (7) Jo-Anne Karaitiana 4-6;6-2;6-0
QF (8) Stephanie Lim d. (14) Deeon Mladin 7-5;6-3
QF (3) Evie Dominikovic d. (9) Karen Filippou 6-1;6-1
QF (7) Jo-Anne Karaitiana d. (4) Kimberley Ruxton 6-3;5-7;6-2
QF (1) Daniella Dominikovic d. Chelsea Te Tai 6-2;6-1
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #154
country flag OZTENNIS

Evie and Daniella

They are so far above the rest of the field it is ridiculous. Evie should win the title tomorrow without losing a set
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #155
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Evie and Daniella in the final, how interesting! Wonder why they didn't play doubles together..
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #156
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Wilson AMT #4: F - Evie def, Daniella 6-3 7-5

Wilson AMT #4

Final
Evie DOMINIKOVIC (AUS) (3) defeated Daniella DOMINIKOVIC (AUS) (1) 6-3 7-5

Imagine what she could do if she was training full time and back on the circuit
Please think about it Evie
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #157
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Evie
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #158
country flag OZTENNIS

I went to the 'Rebound Ace University Open' again today.

Some 3rd Rd results and match reviews:
Monika WEJNERT (AUS) (1) defeated Yuri NOMOTO (JPN) 6-4 6-0.

Monika started rather slowly. She hit a lot of unforced errors and double faults in the first few games and only sort of found her rhythm towards the end of the first set. After being down a break at 3-4, she soundly found her game, put the foot down and won the next nine games in about 20 minutes. She is so intense, so focused, it is impressive and really great to see. Her serve has improved a lot, even since January, and as always her groundstrokes were strong and relatively reliable. She loves hitting down the line forehands and backhands, and reminds me a fair bit of Dokic. No one can come close to her this week.

Alice WATTER (AUS) (2) vs. Lyann HOANG (AUS)
Alice Watter, quite tall, strong and powerful. Age, 17. Lyann Hoang, tall, strong and powerful. Age, 12. Unfortunately I had to leave this match in the third set as I had to get home, but all I can say is Lyann Hoang is AMAZING. I have never seen a 12 year old girl play so well before. She has a great forehand, a good backhand and can actually volley. Her weaknesses are her serve (mainly second), movement and consistency, but that's to be expected. I was amazed that she was actually able to match Watter from the back of the court, and Alice wasn't holding back. She was giving it everything she had. I hope that Lyann won, and I know that even by taking a set off Watter, she was creating a bit of a stirr around the centre.

Too early to say how far Lyann can go, but honestly, I am seriously impressed. Hope she plays some ITF Junior events next year.

Other winners were Cody Morris, Amy Barton and Jennifer Nguyen. Nguyen is a 15 year old from Sydney, and she has a nice game. Short but fiesty, she needs to get some more power and accuracy in her game.

No results in yet from Sawtell
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #159
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

come back Evie ! We need you!
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #160
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

ARGH! i miss her soooo much!!
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #161
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

How are Miss Watters line calls going these days?? Has she learnt on the line is IN??
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #162
country flag OZTENNIS

I wasn't following the match close enough to tell, but from what I could see, it looked like a pretty fair match
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #163
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
ARGH! i miss her soooo much!!
Davenport, Bammer and Lee-Waters show that it is possible to balance motherhood with a tennis career. If Evie could get that second serve organized be great if she could give it another shot!
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 04:56 AM   #164
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
If she loses to Du Plessis or Gonzalez something is very wrong..
She better not! I saw her draw, and i'm sure no-one can stop her!

Seriously, why isn't she playing any tournaments in USA? Silly choice. Guess what, she'll never lose her no.1 fan

Last edited by Brett. : Jul 28th, 2008 at 05:10 AM.
Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #165
country flag scottsue

Good luck to Sophie. Great chance for the fans on the Mid North Coast to see Sophie play.