2014 December Showdown - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 01:00 AM   #1
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
2014 December Showdown

Australian Open 2015 Wildcard Play-off 15 – 21 December
18/u Australian Championships 6 – 13 December
16/u Australian Championships 16 – 21 December
14/u Australian Championships 6 – 11 December
14/u Australian Teams Championships 12 – 15 December
12/u Australian Championships 16 – 21 December
12/u Australian Teams Championships 12 – 15 December

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 01:09 AM   #2
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 December Showdown

We can already expect to miss Bains, Mendez, Hon and Aiava from the December Showdown who will be playing a Mexican G1 during the last week of November, and would probably make sense if they played Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl as well.

I'm thinking the lineup will look something like this for WC playoff

1. Rodionova, An
2. Rodionova, Ar
3. Sanders
4. Adamczak
5. Patterson
6. Moore
7. Bai
8. Holland
9. Rajicic
10. Sumner
11. Myers
12. Peers
13. Hives
14. Tjandramulia
15. Birrell
16. 18s champ

I think it will be like this as Rogowska now US based, Barty taking a break, Hadzic retired, Harris and Perez in college, Aiava, Hon, Mendez and Bains in North America.
Only person I would take out of that list is Peers, she sucks atm and doesn't deserve to be there, but TA will still put her in. If Alexandra Nancarrow actually comes home and is invited to play this, I think TA would take out Peers. Don't see anyone else deserving to make the list, maybe Ryan or Baric but they've had a poor Aussie tour so far (apart from Karis' fluke SF).

Other people on the list I would probably question due to injuries are Sanders, Patterson and Adamczak.

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 02:10 AM   #3
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Gavrilova maybe?
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2014, 02:11 AM   #4
country flag Kəv.

Oh yes! woops forgot about her as I was just going down the AUS rankings. She'll definitely get a spot. Perhaps replacing Peers

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 02:25 AM   #5
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Maddison Inglis will get a spot I would think.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2014, 02:56 AM   #6
country flag Kəv.

oh yes, forgot about her too

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 08:38 AM   #7
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ And if she is in town, Sara Tomic would probably be selected as well.

You'd expect Rajicic, Peers and maybe Sumner to make way. Or Patterson, particularly if still injured. Pity about Viki, even just playing locally she still has the game to match players ranked around 200.

I expect Bai and Holland will be rewarded for their consistent efforts recently and get spots.
Old Nov 1st, 2014, 08:50 AM   #8
country flag Kəv.

Tomic? I doubt it. She's had bad results this year and now her (family) relationship with TA is at its worst probably

Old Nov 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM   #9
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

If the relationship is that bad I'd expect she'll be given a spot even more. Imagine the uproar if she's snubbed considering TA felt her talented enough to be given an AO qual w/c earlier in the year.

She may turn it down, but TA will put her ahead of the three I've mentioned and probably alongside Hives, Tjandramulia.
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 01:20 AM   #10
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

If they piss off John and Sara Tomic then she will ditch Australia for Croatia I'm sure.
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 01:21 AM   #11
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's great that more juniors are opting to play in the big end of year events in the States. Usually we have one or two that play there but they are mostly here for the showdown. So this may be the biggest contingent we have over there in quite a while! On the one hand it's a shame we don't get to see them perform at home, but long term I think it's better for them to get as much international experience as possible. Besides, they'll get their share of wildcards in January I'm sure.

I love how Mendez has scheduled this year. Has barely played at home and has carved up a nice year. Could be a break out star one day

As for the play off field, I'll comment on my thoughts once we have confirmation of who is here and who isn't.

Btw, the 16s event is always such a non event. It clashes with the play off and all the really talented under 16 players never play it as they are actually playing the play off at the same time. Didn't Bollweg make the final last year? Enough said.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 01:30 AM   #12
country flag Kəv.

The final for 16s last year was Dokic def. McPhee. But Bollweg was the 1st seed

Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 01:31 AM   #13
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe ok. Oh well, doesn't change my argument much
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 01:33 AM   #14
country flag Kəv.

I think Nancarrow will actually come home in December. No Clay events apart from 2 in Turkey and others in South America (doubt she will go there)

Unless she stays in Barcelona and trains there... but then in December in Barcelona it gets cold and wet, meaning the only courts she can train at are indoor ones why not just come home to the sun here?

Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM   #15
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Cant wait, hope Des can play
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote