2015 Australian Summer - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #1
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of
2015 Australian Summer

AO MD WC:
Olivia Rogowska is locked in if she needs one (Hope she doesn't)
Daria Gavrilova is locked in.
Storm Sanders is locked in.
Anastasia Rodionova has been left out the past couple of years, I feel after her US Open results and her ranking, and due to lack of other contenders.. she should get one this year.

Who are we left with for the fifth?
Arina, Tammi, Naiktha, Priscilla… None of them have 2014 results to warrant a chance in a Slam main draw. But I'd probably throw Arina one. I feel these young girls aren't there yet. They don't even win sets in qualies.

Sorry to start this thread so early. You all know you wanna put your thoughts down already.
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #2
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Re: 2015 Australian Summer

I agree with you Daniel. I hope that someone has a standout in the satellites and challengers and has us all delighted and therefore can't be overlooked for a spot.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #3
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Priscilla has won a set in qualies v Solovyeva

I feel the "external" players will miss a WC and TA faves like Hon might get one

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #4
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Since there are hardly any legitimate candidates to give wildcards to, I wonder if international players will get one or two thrown at them? I'm thinking of a couple Russians in particular - Zvonareva and Kirilenko?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #5
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

NOOOO!! NO! I do not approve.
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #6
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

It might happen.

I can't remember the WC situation being this dire

Even Sanders shouldn't be considered a lock, but due to her injuries I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I think she will have a good summer anyway and probably earn it on lead up form. Johnny come lately Gavrilova shouldn't be considered a lock either. Needs to get the ranking up a little bit more, which she's capable of doing. I'd prefer the Rodionova sisters over her to be honest. No one else, aside from Rogowska of course, should be considered. None of the juniors deserve it unless they spring a major surprise over the next couple of months
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #7
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

From the sounds of that more recent article on Ashleigh, there's a chance that she could feel like coming back by then.

On another topic, I was reading the AO ticket guide the other day and it sounds like there's no reserved seating on Hisense anymore!!?? MCA now has reserved seating (to be expected given the revamp), but to take it away from Hisense seems absurd! Anyone else checked it out?
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #8
country flag TS

Ooh I haven't checked. Does that mean Hisense will be a massive free for all like the old days??? I might do MCA next year, I always like the matches on there. Now that it's a better court, they might have bigger players there as well.

Hisense was good this year, but I prefer the other side of the park. I'm getting too old to keep walking from one side to the other to check outside court action
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #9
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh its a bummer to walk to the other side. I haven't been in Hisense yet, but this year we would always go there for the air-con, less crowded area and no queues

The other day on the train I saw part of MCA, it looked great from the outside. They've built an indoor area surrounding it. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the 2nd main court.

This means there will be no shaded seats anywhere now for ground pass people

Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #10
country flag TS

They're starting to advertise concerts there too, so it's become Melbourne's newest concert venue. I don't think it will become the second major court though - not enough seats. But it's an awesome addition
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #11
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Reserved seating on Hisense was my "thing". I'm lost without out. The gate near there opened an hour earlier than the main gates. In the 1st week you get 4 matches instead of 3 like on RLA. The roof guaranteed play. You could avoid the masses if you wanted to. I hate that they're taking it all away from me!!
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #12
country flag TS

I agree that Hisense matches are always better than RLA.
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #13
country flag Kəv.

What do you guys mean by Reserved Seating?

As in if you guys book tickets, those seats are for you the whole day??

Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #14
country flag TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
What do you guys mean by Reserved Seating?

As in if you guys book tickets, those seats are for you the whole day??
Yes
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #15
country flag Kəv.

Oh wow, surprised they are taking that off Hisense