Elena Dementieva's Tokyo Blog - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM   #16
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elena Dementieva's Tokyo Blog

Friday, February 2, 2007
It was hard to wake up today. We went to bed very late last night. Vera Dushevina and her coach came up to our room and we were just talking and enjoying the view; our room is very high up in the hotel and we have a beautiful view, especially at night. But then we realized it was 12:30am! I had lost track of time, and so this morning I had trouble waking up. But I realized I'd be late for the breakfast if I didn't get up. Breakfast ends at 10 here. I had to have my favourite, leche, which you can get in the buffet here. I love it. I eat a lot for breakfast here actually, because my mom forces me to. I know I have to, so she's right.
When we came to the tournament today it was a very long first match - Sugi against Sharapova. It was like two hours. I was watching a little bit of the first set. It was funny - Sugi asked for her mom to come to the court at the end of winning the first set, then she lost the next two sets. We were laughing a bit about that. We were waiting and waiting for that match to finish, then Martina finished really fast. I went on court at about 6pm and won in straight sets, so I was pretty happy about that. I was trying to be fast because I didn't want to miss my dinner!
If you go down the streets here there are so many restaurants and bars - it's all about food here. They all put pictures of the food up in the window. All you have to do is point to the food to get it; you just want to take all the samples too because it looks so good. But the food in the windows is plastic so I guess you can't eat those. It's getting pretty late tonight, though, so we're probably just going to order room service.
We went out for dinner last night, though. Before seeing them at the hotel, we went out with Dushevina, her coach and my doubles partner, Olga, to get sushi. Dushevina was leaving to go back home and we were saying our goodbyes, although we'll probably see each other in Moscow in a week or so!
I'm playing Martina Hingis in the semis. She says she loves this tournament because she loves the city, that it's like home here. It's funny, last year in the first round I played a three hour match with Katarina Srebotnik, I even had a match point against me, then Martina came off the court after winning 60 60 and said how much she loved playing here. I was like 'What? How can you love it here!' Of course I was telling her how difficult it was to play here. But, after I won the title, I can now say I love it here too. I wouldn't say it feels like home, but I really like it becaure it's very different and interesting, and the people are so polite. They are all so supportive. It's really a pleasure for me to play here.
I'll talk to you all after my semifinal!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:47 PM   #17
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

adorable!

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #18
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I eat a lot for breakfast here actually, because my mom forces me to. I know I have to, so she's right.
heh heh, lena. you're 25!
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM   #19
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Elena can't choose for herself how much breakfast to have.

I eat a lot for breakfast here actually, because my mom forces me to.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM   #20

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

stop picking on her!

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM   #21
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Would anyone mind if I move this to the appropriate forum (i.e. Lena's subforum)?
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM   #22

I think its cool Lenas got two threads in this Forum ,seeing as shes the most important player an all

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM   #23
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well unfortunately not everyone would agree.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:42 PM   #24
country flag goldenlox

This is something I should have done when Nadia did her Moscow blog.
When a Russian player is doing a daily blog for the WTA's website, it deserves it's own thread in Russian Roulette.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
Yeah, well unfortunately not everyone would agree.
Do I look like the sort of person who cares what other people think? I think not!

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM   #26
country flag goldenlox

The other players might be interested in it. Most of them write occasional blogs, and they all go through similar situations.

This deserves a thread here. Same for when other Russian players write a daily WTA blog.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM   #27

so there you have it Slokid ,leave it where it is! the Lox as spoken ,and I agree with her also.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM   #28
country flag goldenlox

Saturday, February 3, 2007
Hello everyone,
Although I'm disappointed that I lost today, I was happy to win the tournament's ACES Award for the off-court work I've done this week. At least I did something good for the tournament! It's very nice, and I'm happy to have won such a gift. I think I'll work harder for every other tournament now! It makes me feel a little bit better, especially after such a disappointing loss.
I was very disappointed in my game today - I made so many unforced errors. I was really expecting something better from today's match and I really wanted to defend my title... but, I guess I'll try next time.
I still have some good memories from this tournament, though. I met so many good people and friends here, and after my matches the fans were even giving me stuffed animals. But now I guess it's off to the next tournament. Today will be my last day to get some sushi in Tokyo!!
Thanks for reading my blog this week and I'll talk to you all soon!
Elena

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM   #29
country flag goldenlox

Nothing about Paris