Stosur Cheering Thread '14! - Wuhan, Beijing & Osaka - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2014, 11:54 PM   #1
country flag PinkTape

PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of
Stosur Cheering Thread '14! - Wuhan, Beijing & Osaka

This is cheering thread 3 since no-one bothered to make one

Haven't quit being a Stosur Fan yet!

Ashleigh Barty - Casey Dellacqua - Jarmila Gajdosova - Venus Williams - Laura Robson - Svetlana Kuznetsova

Last edited by PinkTape : Yesterday at 08:15 AM.
PinkTape is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #2
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tornado Sam ABOLISHES Genie's Haven!

^I've posted a link
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #3

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what to expect in the Sam-Genie match. It's good in any case that they get a rest day, because otherwise the much longer time Sam spent on court could have been a problem for her. Given the rest day, I don't think the differences in their R1 scorelines will matter match. It may even help Sam to have come through a tough match.
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:49 AM   #4
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

You can't expect anything from us PinkTape

Although I didn't see what was wrong with the old thread. Is 5000 posts the magic "too long" marker?
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM   #5

I'd rather that PinkTape opens this thread than have Zamboni come crashing in and closing the old thread without warning like (s)he usually does. At least now we have time to tie up loose ends on the old thread and ease into the new one on our own terms
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #6
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future
Newwww thread, newwww Amanda?
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvaker81 View Post
We can always hope
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #8

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'd rather that PinkTape opens this thread than have Zamboni come crashing in and closing the old thread without warning like (s)he usually does. At least now we have time to tie up loose ends on the old thread and ease into the new one on our own terms
True

Although that was a legitimate question before; I remember there was some figure the moderators had about a thread being too long, was it 5000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvaker81 View Post
Let's hope so

Old Aug 19th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
True

Although that was a legitimate question before; I remember there was some figure the moderators had about a thread being too long, was it 5000?

Let's hope so
I think it is actually. In any case Zamboni often barges in and closes them when they're in the 5000+ range
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #10
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Nice to wake up to a Sam win this morning even if it sounded like a little bit of shitfest. Sounded like the Bouchard match was crap even if the score suggests a rout. Funny that we forget Sam and Nara are only 6 ranking places apart!

Most pleasing was that Sam won a three set match from a set up and the disappointment of choking away match points. Surely this will give her some confidence.

On the topic of rankings and an earlier post about Casey, it is strange that Sam is now ahead of Casey in the race. I know it was mentioned that Sam would be in real strife without her FO 4th round, but no different than Casey without her 4th round AO. In any event, nice to see Sam move up in the race rankings.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 03:30 PM   #11
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty-Eyed Dog View Post
Fixed
Thanks!
B.
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #12
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTape View Post
This is cheering thread 3 since no-one bothered to make one
Note to PinkTape: Your signature+baseline seems to point to the outdated thread to the moment.
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #13
country flag Shifty-Eyed Dog
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future

"Abolishes" doesn't make sense. Maybe you mean "demolishes"
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #14
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I did expect that Sam would demolish Nara. If you take a look at her results for 2014 it's clear that she has been fortunate in her draws as the only top 30 player she has beaten is Madison Keys. If you look further at her 2014 record there are only a handful of wins against top 50 players.

I think what was most promising about the match yesterday was Sam was in a deep hole in set 1 down 1-5 and she managed to win it. How many times this year have we seen her win the first, lose the second and then it's all over? So maybe this will be a change of gears for her.

Fingers crossed she demolishes/abolishes the Princess tomorrow.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 02:52 AM   #15

Samantha Jane on fourth at about 7pm New Haven time, centre court.

Good time for me.

Hope it's still hot and sunny. I think it should be…it's 10pm and 19 degrees now, so should be alright. Probably sunny all of tomorrow it seems.