Alison Bai - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Alison Bai go?

Top 50 1 11.11%
Top 100 0 0%
Top 200 3 33.33%
Top 400 5 55.56%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #181
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alison Bai

Ali up 5-3 in the 3rd set and serving
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #182
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

...and she beats Gianna Doz of Croatia 1-6 6-1 6-3

It's great that she is winning several matches in overseas qualifying events. She's doing it the hard way and it's paying off She may not be the most talented of our young kids, but she's one of the steadiest and most consistent. Her scheduling ever since she was about 16 has been very good - much better than her contemporaries. Well done and good luck in the main draw!
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #183
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Well done Alison!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #184
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Alison. Good luck
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #185
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Alison

Unfortunately she has drawn the 7th seed from Bosnia Herzegovina in the first round. Unlikely that she will win, but good luck nonetheless

Oh, and with her qualifying for another 25k main draw, her ranking should rise slightly to No.515. If she somehow won her first round match, she would rise to 479.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM   #186
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that against Martinovic, or someone else?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #187
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
Is that against Martinovic, or someone else?
Mervana Jugic-Salkic.....
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #188
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Mervana JUGIC-SALKIC (BIH) (7/#299) defeated Alison BAI (AUS) (Q/#527) 6-4 6-4

Nice and close, bad luck Al
Mervana was ranked as high as No.99 in 2004
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #189
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Bugger!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #190
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

1r: 2-Bai/Buzarnescu (Aus/Rou) d. Mascherini/Schaefer (Ita/Ger) - 6-1,6-3
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #191
country flag OZTENNIS

Alison looks like she is having a breather now until the Aussie 25k's (maybe). And rightly so. She has been pretty busy this season, but doesn't really have all that much to show for it because her results this year have basically just covered her results from last year. But she only has 1 more point to defend for the entire season, so, with an injury and illness free end to the season, I can see Alison close to, if not in the top 400...
She seems to have picked up her form since February/March where she lost a fair few tough matches, so hopefully she is primed for a few QF's at the 25k's
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #192
country flag OZTENNIS

$US25 000 Rockhampton ITF Women's Circuit Event - Rockhampton, Australia
Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Alison Bai, unseeded

R1: versus Remi TEZUKA (JPN) (#501)

Played Remi twice in her career, lost once back in 2006, and thrashed her earlier this year 6-1 6-0. Hopefully they both remember this encounter and Al can come away with another win. I think a win will see her back into the top 500, and set up a second round match with Monique Adamczak.

Good luck

***EDIT***
R1: Tezuka (JPN) (#501) defeated Bai (AUS) 6-0 6-2

Need I say more

Last edited by OZTENNIS : Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #193
country flag OZTENNIS

$US25 000 Kawana ITF Women's Circuit Event - Kawana, Australia
Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Alison Bai, unseeded

R1: defeated Tiffany WELFORD (AUS) (Q) 1-6 6-4 6-0
R2: lost to Yi-Miao ZHOU (CHN) (4/#288) 6-2 6-3

I'm actually surprised TJ took a set off Alison. I was expecting a pretty cruisy win here, but (hopefully) TJ picked up her game and is getting back to where she should be. Nevertheless, glad Alison won and she toughed a three setter out. Good for the confidence, and looks like she ended well. She will need to start and finish well against Zhou to have any chance. Seems the young Chinese is playing great, especially after a crushing win over Scivetti in the opening round. Good luck Al, you'll need it. Oh, and welcome back to the top 500

***EDIT***
Clearly Yi-Miao was in another league. She is seriously going to be a good player. A future No.1 Chinese, and probably top 20 player. She has great intensity and a powerful baseline game. Obviously too much for Alison, but I much prefer this week's results to last week's. Couple of weeks off for her now before another group of 25k's. She only has 1 point to defend for the rest of the season, so a good opportunity for her to get into the top 450 or so by the end of the year

Last edited by OZTENNIS : Sep 19th, 2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #194
country flag OZTENNIS

Alison today achieved a season's best ranking of World No.482
She is now the tenth highest ranked woman in Australia, and one of eleven Aussies to be ranked in the top 500.

Congratulations and good luck over the next few weeks, hoping to see that ranking inside the top 450 soon
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #195
country flag OZTENNIS

^^^^
Since my last post, Alison has struggled. She hasn't won a main draw match on the ITF Women's Circuit since September in Kawana. She was overlooked for an Australian Open qualifying wildcard and has not taken advantages of her good starts in matches against Viratprasert (Mildura) and Maekawa (North Shore City). Her ranking has slipped to 516, meaning she has also fallen from being the No.10 Aussie to No.17.

Don't know if she is still involved with the AIS, but to me she has stagnated. Maybe she should play some 10ks in Asia to boost her ranking rather than go to Europe this year.