Alison Bai - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Alison Bai go?

Top 50 1 11.11%
Top 100 0 0%
Top 200 3 33.33%
Top 400 5 55.56%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #151
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alison Bai's Fan Squad!!

She has lost her first two matches in 25k qualifying events in the last two weeks in straight sets...
But this week, she was smart enough to enter in the WTA event in Palermo, a Tier 4, and has gotten into the qualifying draw
But you wouldn't believe who she has to play...Gajdosova !
Good luck, just do your best and that point will help a little with your ranking
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #152
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

she got smashed 61 61
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #153
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Alison won her first match in qualifying for a 100k in Biella, Italy overnight. She played and beat an unranked Italian, 6-1 6-2.
She now places the top seed, Karolina Plishkova, the 16 year old Czech who knocked Molik and Kanepi out in Prague...
Good luck, still don't know why you don't play some 10k's to improve your ranking
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #154
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Here is hoping for an upset!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #155
country flag OZTENNIS

She won, albeit 4-0 ret. inj.
In the final round of qualifying now, might score a win, hopefully she can

GOOD LUCK
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #156
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Good luck Alison. This has been a pretty scrappy season so I am hoping that she will be able to turn it around soon.
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #157
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

does she get any points for these qualifying wins ??

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #158
country flag OZTENNIS

Yes, because it's a 100k, she gets two for making the final round of qualifying, and if she makes the main draw, she will get three ranking points
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #159
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

A bit lucky I guess. But who cares, she needs some luck!

Good luck tomorrow Alison.

She is pretty talented, I can see her making around 100-250 is she starts playing consistently well.
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #160
country flag OZTENNIS

$US100 000 Biella ITF Women's Circuit Event - Biella, Italy
Women's Singles, Qualifying Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Alison Bai, unseeded

1st Round: defeated Valentina FRANCHINI (ITA) 6-1 6-2
2nd Round: defeated Karolina PLISKOVA (CZE) (1/#402) 4-0 ret. inj.
3rd Round: defeated Frederica QUERICA (ITA) (7/#484) 6-4 3-6 6-3

Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Alison Bai, unseeded qualifier

1st Round: versus Mara SANTANGELO (ITA) (WC/#282)

It was good to see Alison come through a tough part of the draw and qualify for the main draw of a $US100 000 ITF event. That means she has now plays in the main draw of $US10 000, $US25 000, $US50 000, $US75 000 and now $US100 000 events.
For her efforts, she gets three WTA points. She won't beat Santangelo (unless Mara is injured), but it will be a good experience for Alison to play against another former top 100 player overseas. I wasn't a fan of her keenness to play these bigger events, but I suppose in the long run, it is more beneficial for her.
It must also be pointed out that her win in the final round of qualifying was a good one, especially considering her recent 3 set record.
Now good luck in the main draw
She is also playing doubles, with Bilijana Pavlovic. Good luck to them both.

SCHEDULE
Week of 21st July, 2008
$US75 000 Petange ITF Women's Circuit Event - Petange, Luxemborg (ALT #7)

Week of 28th July, 2008
$US75 000 Rimini ITF Women's Circuit Event - Rimini, Italy (ALT #81)
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #161
country flag scottsue

That is a great result and a bit unexpected so I am really happy for Alison. I wonder if Jelena should be stepping up for these bigger tournaments soon?
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #162
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Alison Have fun against Santangelo!
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #163
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt be totally shocked if Alison got a set off Mara........they both can be so random!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #164
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

God whenever I see Mara I wonder how she ever wins a match. That forehand looks like it will hit the back fence all the time! But it goes in often enough - but hopefully Alison can draw a few errors and win a few games. Great effort to get this!
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #165
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Alison is on court now, if anybody wants to follow a live scoring of her match here it is: http://www.e-tennis.net/itfbiella/index.htm
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote