Anna articles and interviews - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #121
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna articles and interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakbelle View Post
Never as simple as that
it was in 2006/7, she simply got a high 1st serve percentage in, went for placement on the serve and let her ground strokes back her up.

now she goes for bomb 1st serves, misses a large percentage and it results in her very short df prone 2nd serve being far to relied upon.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #122
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe when her whole game is working together. This year she has been getting around 70% 1st serve and still losing. She was getting some nice velocity at Copenhagen, around 160km/h which was surprising to me.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 04:44 AM   #123
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Press-conference with Anna Chakvetadze 19.10.2010

Q: Can you call this victory the most important this year?
A: Canít say that it is the most important, but itís the best. I have not beat anybody top 20 this year.

Q: Was it an easy match for you? Donít you think that Li burnt out?
A: Yes, I think she didnít show her best tennis, and that really helped me.

Q: How can you comment why the beginning of the tournament was so unsuccessful?
A: It is tough to say. Itís the end of the year, players are tired. It is not so easy to maintain the high level of tennis .There is always the slump at the end of the year, even top players lose.

Q: Did it help you playing doubles yesterday? Did you get the chance to get used to the court?
A: I like to play doubles. 2years ago I stopped playing doubles and lost my position. I would like to start again. Unfortunately I canít use my rankings to enter the main draw. So I have to choose the partner with higher ranking, not with those whom I prefer. I hope to improve my ranking.

Q: Kalevod mentioned that something new appeared in your technique. Is that true?
A: Yes, my new coach works on my serve. I had problems with my serve today. It is rather tough to change the serve technique and to implement it in the match. Serve is not my strong point. I agree with the coach that I have to change something. But I canít always put it into practice during the match.

Q: Can you tell us about your new coach? What were you talking about today on the court?
A: Coach canít teach you to play tennis, that is more of psychological support. He points out strategic thinks, it is not possible to get tips about tactic in half a minute. He can turn up and give advice. We started to work with my coach accidently . He is very positive. He does not make any dramatic change. I had many coaches before. But unfortunately they couldnít find an approach to my game. And they started to change it a lot. But it wasnít the way out. And we decided with my current coach my old game which I used to play and improve it a little bit. I think Iím on the right way.

Q: As concerns the doubles, who would you like to play with?
A: Itís tough to say. Itís better to play with who you are in good relations. If you have such strain relationship, it would be tough to play.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM   #124
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Very nice interview
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM   #125
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

glad it seems she will play a fullish doubles schedule in 2011. her doubles ranking would be easily top 75 if she played more

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM   #126
country flag Melange

Why is her volleying in doubles so good and in singles her net game is
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM   #127
country flag Melange

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
i missed the on court coaching she had at the end of the 1st set, was it cordasz that came on?

thanks for the articles, i still think the serve needs work, i watched her yesterday thinking if she had a solid 65/70% 1st serve she would be back to being a great player again.
Didnt see anyone coming on court after the first set. She might have changed the angle that she stands at, apart from that cant see any change in her service.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM   #128
country flag sammy01

for me i just wanna see her serve smoother, right now i feel it is very jerky and it is good when it all connects together, but far too often it doesn't.

though im glad shes using the shortened serve than the long service action she was using in pattaya and early in the year.

Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM   #129
country flag Melange

Anna Chakvetadze: “I want to find my game”

In spite of the “easy” score Anna wasn’t satisfied with her game. “I had some problems with my serve. Besides I felt a little bit nervous at the beginning of the match and couldn’t concentrate and I’ve made a lot of double faults”, - said Anna after the match.
Speaking about Vera Dushevina, her opponent in the quarterfinals Chakvetadze said: “Vera has a higher ranking that’s why she is the favorite. We have known each other since our childhood – I really don’t know how many times we played. Last time I beat her in a very close match after saving two match points. Vera is in a very good shape now. It will be a tough match”.

According to Anna, she wants to “find her game and get a higher ranking” next season.

I like her saying she need to start the match better and identifying the problem. I think her next two opponents she knows their game very well and it will be a matter of her being in her best form and playing her own game. If she can play to her own style I think she has is favourite to make the final.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 08:20 PM   #130
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Recent interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmRDN...&feature=share
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM   #131
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

love it.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM   #132
country flag Melange

I am satisfied that she want to do better at GS events. Her hair looks "Well...you need a lot of patient....to be calm" *flashes cute grin*
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM   #133
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Anna wants to be more consistent in 2011!

Her attitude reminds me a bit of Anna Lapuschenkova. And that`s not a good thing!

Thank God, Anna thinks more positive.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #134
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

Chakvetadze to headline day one

Former champion Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) will headline day one of the 2011 Moorilla Hobart International when she meets world No.43 Sara Errani (ITA) in the first round tomorrow.

Chakvetadze won the tournament in 2007 before reaching the semifinals of the US Open and quarterfinals of the Australian Open and French Open in the same year, and will be hoping to reclaim the form which saw reach her highest singles ranking of No.5 in the world.

No.7 seed Errani will start 2011 in the top 50 for the third consecutive year, and will prove to be a tough first round opponent for Chakvetadze after reaching the semifinals of the tournament last year.

http://www.hobartinternational.com.a...adline-day-one

Last edited by dornik : Jan 8th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #135
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She should write this herself.

Anya Chakvetadze
Anna arrived Safely in Moscow late this afternoon ( New York Time) in another airport . Upon hearing the tragic event in the Domodedovo Airport Bombing, She sends her Thoughts and Prayers to the Victims and their Families . She would also like to Thank her Fans here and Australia for the Overwhelming Love and Support. She Plays Doha and Dubai Next
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote