Anna articles and interviews - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #76
country flag Pink Princess
I'M AN IMPORTANT PRINCESS!!!

Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna articles and interviews

An interesting article!!!
{{{Princess Anna Chakvetadze}}}{{{Princess Alla Kudryavtseva}}}{{{Princess Nadejda Guskova}}}{{{Princess Danielle Konotoptseva}}}{{{Princess Sofiya Kovalets}}}{{{Princess Aleksandra Zenovka}}}{{{Princess Josie Kuhlman}}}{{{Princess Kristyna Rouckova}}}
Pink Princess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:31 AM   #77
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

now that article gives me great hope. the fact that shes practicing regular with a world class player, has her new coach and a physical trainer (something i felt shes needed) are all good signs. another great thing is her going to australia early, that shows good commitment which i feel has been lacking last year (she openly admits training and practice haven't always been top of her list).

if shes putting in the hard work like seems to be protrayed in this article my hopes for 2010 are much higher, top 20 is something she could easily be back inside given her game.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #78
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Time of Change for Chakvetadze

Reuters
CHANGE: Anna Chakvetadze's decision to play in Auckland next month is all about change.

Aside from the standard platitudes about really wanting to see New Zealand (although she at least doesn't throw in the usual lines about hobbits and our beautiful countryside), and getting an early start to the year because of the injury-disrupted nature of her 2009, what world No69 Anna Chakvetadze's decision to play in Auckland next month is really about is change.
As that perma-tanned motivational gibberer Anthony Robbins would have it: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got."
Two years ago, the 22-year-old Russian was fifth in the world, having won four of seven career titles and had made the quarterfinals of the Australian and French Opens and the semifinal of the US Open. But her ranking began to plunge the day a gang of masked men broke into her Moscow mansion, pistol-whipped her father, tied and gagged the whole family and stole $US300,000 in cash and valuables.
"I think I am completely over it," she tells the Sunday Star-Times on the phone from her training base in the Russian resort city of Sochi, where she has spent the past month hitting indoors with world No23 Elena Vesnina.
"I don't think about it at all. After a week, I really did not think about it," she says.
This is a rather staunch version of events. As a result of the robbery, Chakvetadze needed acupuncture to correct a loss of feeling in her hands caused by the tightness of her bonds, didn't sleep for three nights, moved house and acquired bodyguards. She couldn't train, but in an effort to clear her mind, went to the Australian Open.
"Physically, I was not ready," she says. "Mentally, it was also very tough, and that's how it started.
"It was very tough for me."
Of her tormentors, she says: "They are not in prison, I don't know where they are."
The two years since have been a procession of injuries and early exits from tournaments, the result, she says, of not being physically ready for a full tour schedule.
"Sometimes I had a tough time, I didn't want to practise, I just wanted to throw down my racquet somewhere and I didn't want to see it again," she says.
"I didn't want to see the court. Now I like to practise, I like to compete. That's why I am doing this and it is important to enjoy it and that's what I am doing now."
She has changed coach and her hitting partner and acquired a physical trainer to toughen up, saying: "I felt I had to change something."

But the one constant remains her father, Djambuli, who travels everywhere with her. Her mother, Natalia, is also a regular on the road. "Sometimes they try to coach me, but they haven't been professional tennis players. They just help me with support, I need the support of my family and I like to have them stay around me.
"My dad, he keeps talking to me during matches but I can't hear him. My mum – she is quiet, just cheering and clapping."
After a stress fracture in her foot ended her 2009 season back in October, Chakvetadze spent two months in Moscow, her longest spell at home since she was 16. "I had a great time, of course, but you get used to the travel and already, during the second month, I was saying `OK, I want to go somewhere'. I was getting kind of bored ... but I couldn't go to the nightclubs because I was wearing this big ugly boot. It was pretty embarrassing."
Now she's ready to hit the road again. Having completed a psychology degree last year, Chakvetadze would be well placed to assess her own mental fragility, and agrees it has helped her game, saying: "I feel I am a completely different person."
Auckland may be her chance to prove it. She will be one of the earliest arrivals for the ASB Classic, which starts on January 4 – missing New Year celebrations in Russia – and says: "Next year, I think I can change some things. It will be good to change some things ... every year is different."
Great article!
This article makes me optimistic! I REALLY hope these are not just words and she will indeed improve in 2010! I want good results again!
One thing I really don`t get: How can somebody that has a psychology degree be mentally so fragile?! I don`t get it, I just don`t get it.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:15 PM   #79
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Great article!
This article makes me optimistic! I REALLY hope these are not just words and she will indeed improve in 2010! I want good results again!
One thing I really don`t get: How can somebody that has a psychology degree be mentally so fragile?! I don`t get it, I just don`t get it.
same question here !?
I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #80
country flag GeorgianFan

GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis ace is back

ADAM SMITH
January 10, 2010 08:38am
http://www.themercury.com.au/article...port-news.html

ANNA Chakvetadze's renewed passion for the game has put her back on track to claim a second Moorilla Hobart International title.

Three years ago the Russian claimed the Hobart crown the only No. 1 seed to do so in the tournament's 16-year history kick-starting a 2007 season in which she broke into the world top-10 for the first time.

Chakvetadze followed her Tasmanian success by reaching the quarter-finals at the Australian and French Opens and the semi-finals at the US Open, culminating with a career-high ranking of No. 5 in September 2007.

Since then she has gradually slipped down the rankings as injuries and form took their toll, and her motivation for the sport started to wane.

Now the 22-year-old is back and beginning to recapture her best form.

Competing in qualifying yesterday, the world No. 67 brushed aside countrywoman Elena Chalova 6-2, 6-2 in a little over an hour to move within one win of clinching a main-draw berth.

"It was pretty tough conditions today, lots of wind, but I knew what to expect and sometimes it's good to play qualifying to get some matches under your belt," Chakvetadze said.

"I'm here to get my confidence back and to also play a few matches. To be in the final again would be great.

"I had a few injuries last year and it was a pretty bad time but now I feel almost 100 per cent healthy; this year I feel much stronger physically and I think it will help me.

"Last year I was a bit tired of everything, I didn't really want to practice and it was tough, but now I feel like I want to be here, it's like my job and I enjoy my job.

"Especially the Australian Open, which is one of my favourite tournaments."

One of three former Hobart champions in qualifying, Chakvetadze will meet Elena Baltacha this morning, with the victor moving into the strong main-draw field.

Who Dares Wins
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
GeorgianFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM   #81
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/n...256076_2098623

Quote:
Anna On The Rise Again?

July 21, 2010
PORTOROZ, Slovenia - Sara Errani had been one of the best players at the Banka Koper Slovenia Open over the last few years, winning 10 of her last 11 matches at the event; but what happened Wednesday night was a far cry from that, as the No.4-seeded Italian crashed hard to Anna Chakvetadze.

Errani won here in 2008 and made the final in 2009, barely losing to Dinara Safina, then the No.1 player in the world, 7-5 in the third set. She won her first round match this year in straight sets but against Chakvetadze in the second round was totally outclassed, losing 61 62 in only 58 minutes.

"I was expecting more from her side, but I don't think she played her best at all," Chakvetadze told reporters after the match. "I just took my chances and I'm happy to be in the quarterfinals playing in my first year here."

Chakvetadze was ranked as high as No.5 a few years ago but in the spring fell out of the Top 100 after a disappointing last 12 months; she is showing improved form as of late, and now is in her second quarterfinal of the season.

"I want to get back to the top, but it's tough to say," the Russian added. "I haven't played the Top 10 players a lot recently. I played Serena a few weeks ago and lost pretty easily. I have to play more to get the feel again."

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM   #82
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She is realistic.thanks rucolo.
I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #83
country flag rucolo

Article about Portoroz SF:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/n...256076_2101460

Quote:
Anna & Johanna Into Final

July 24, 2010
PORTOROZ, Slovenia - In what has become the theme for her in Portoroz, Anna Chakvetadze overcame the odds to make the final, rallying from a 6-0 first set to beat Polona Hercog in front of her home crowd, 06 62 62.

Chakvetadze, who saved two match points to beat No.6 seed Vera Dushevina in the quarterfinals, lost the first seven games of her match against No.7 seed Hercog on Saturday before making her move, eventually grinding past the aggressive Slovenian in an hour and 48 minutes in their first career meeting.

Chakvetadze will be playing her first final since New Haven in August 2008, where she was runner-up to Caroline Wozniacki.

"I'm very excited. It has been almost two years with no final, now finally here," Chakvetadze said. "In the beginning I didn't know what to do. I didn't know her game too well. She was hitting the lines and making almost no mistakes, but in the second set I changed my tactics a bit and it worked."

Hercog was the only seed who made it to the final four but was aware Chakvetadze isn't a typical No.103 in the world: "She was a top player, Top 5, and much more experienced than I am," the Slovene teen said. "I should have played phenomenally but I'm missing these kinds of matches."

Awaiting Chakvetadze in the final will be Johanna Larsson, who reached her first career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour final when another Russian, Ksenia Pervak, retired with a right wrist injury from the second semifinal while trailing, 62 10.

"This place is like a fairytale. It's so pretty in Portoroz," Larsson said. "I'm always happy to win, but I feel sorry for Ksenia. It's a part of the game though, and I was feeling good out there. It's my first final - I'm going to go out there and enjoy the match. Tomorrow is a new day and we'll see what it brings."

Chakvetadze and Larsson will be playing each other for the first time.

In the doubles final, Maria Kondratieva and Vladimira Uhlirova upheld their No.2 seeding with a 64 26 107 win over Chakvetadze and Marina Erakovic. Kondratieva and Uhlirova were playing together for the seventh time but had a losing record together before this week - now they win their first title together (it was Kondratieva's first Tour doubles title and Uhlirova's fourth).

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #84
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

awww i like that article.
you can tell she's thrilled to be in a final after almost 2 years.
you deserve it Anna so go out there and takeee it!!
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #85
country flag GeorgianFan

GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute

Chakvetadze New Queen of Portoroz
http://www.sloveniaopen.si/en/chakve...queen-portoroz

A shower that delayed the start of play for nearly two hours was just a prelude to the storm that Russia's Anna Chakvetadze created on court in blowing past Sweden's Johanna Larsson 6-1 and 6-2 to lift the Banka Koper Slovenia Open title on Sunday.

The 23-year-old Russian, who was ranked as high as No. 5 in 2007, showed much of the form that made her a top-ten player as she raced to her first WTA title in nearly two years and the eighth of her career in a mere hour.

“Of course I’m not at the same level that I used to be but I’m close,” the Russian said of her performance in Portoroz, where she beat three seeds en route to succeeding fellow Russian Dinara Safina as the champion.

Chakvetadze showed no symptoms of the slow start that hampered her previous two outings, when she rallied from a set down to win the quarter-final and semi-final. "Today I was very concentrated, I felt the rhythm of my strokes and I saw her weak spot - her backhand - and played the ball there.”

Breaking her opponent for the first time in the fourth game, the Russian then fought off a counter-attack and responded by stepping up her game another notch to wrap up the set in just 22 minutes.

The Swede, who entered the tournament ranked 19 places higher than the Russian in 84th, never truly threatened, as anything she produced was met with a swift and decisive response from Chakvetadze.

Larsson momentarily regained her composure to win her service game at the outset of the second set and pressured Chakvetadze's service in the next game, only to see that attempt quashed by the relentless Russian.

This would prove the turning point in the second set, as Chakvetadze used the momentum to break in the next game and then press ahead to 5-1.

The Swede summed up the state of affairs on the court after the match: "Anna played really well today. I thought I was fighting out there and I did everything I could, but she was just too good."

Fittingly for a tournament in which she dug her way out of a hole time and time again, the Russian closed out the match having saved three-break points to win her service game.

"I hope this will give me some confidence so that I can play better against the top players," she said of her efforts to get back to her former glory.

Her sights are now be set on the US Open, where she first broke into the top five three years ago. “If you do well at a grand slam, you kind of start to believe that you can do really well.”

And while Chakvetadze looks for the form to return to former glory, 21-year-old Larsson, for whom this was the first final, is ecstatic about her newfound success on the WTA Tour.

"I'm really happy, obviously, even though I might not look happy right now. I’ve started playing really well - the quarters last week [in Prague] and a final this week. If someone told me this a month ago, I would not believe that."

Who Dares Wins
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

Last edited by GeorgianFan : Jul 26th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.
GeorgianFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #86
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

seems she is so confident about her level.
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #87
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

i love her remarks after this win!!
here's hoping for a good hard court swing!!
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #88
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i want to know chaks schedule beyond the danish open?

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #89
Setsuna.

love her post.
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #90
country flag rucolo

Quote:
"I'm not at the same level I used to be... but I'm close."
True. Anna played brilliant tennis.

Anna back in Top 100 now!
Ranking jump from #103 to #74.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !