Anna articles and interviews - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #211
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna articles and interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibari Kyoya View Post
IIRC, that photoshot was taken in Rome 2008 with JJ. They were good friends even though Anna was owning her in most of their matches.
Yeah, I remember, Anna always loved playing JJ. Good matchup for her. JJ loves to defend and draw errors out of players who try to hit through her, but Anna used to be so accurate with her shot placement. She hit the ball early and precisely so she could make JJ run all over the place without making the errors JJ was looking for. Anna's also quite quick so JJ's counterattack (e.g. her bh dtl) tended not to catch her out. Unlike some of the bigger hitting girls (e.g. Sharapova) JJ couldn't really take advantage of Anna's slight lack of heaviness in her shots.

I can't quite remember why they got on so well though. Maybe it's because they both like emotional stuff. And are both slightly crazy (in a good way).

Last edited by HowardH : Dec 28th, 2011 at 05:04 AM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #212
country flag _inocencia_

_inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all

Chakvetadze says she's completely healthy
Ticker - Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Former Top 5-player Anna Chakvetadze says she is completely over the inner ear infection that caused dizzy spells and nearly sidelined her for almost the entire 2011 season.

Chakvetadze is using her special ranking to enter 2012 tournaments and will open her year in Hobart. "I'm 100% healthy now. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'm completely over it," the No. 232- ranked Russian told the WTA. "Of course it's going to be physically tough to start playing tournaments again because I wasn't training at this level for a long time, and right now I can't do three practices a day like I used to, but I feel so motivated to be back. I miss playing, I miss hitting the ball, I miss competing. I've found my motivation again and if I didn't think I could do well again, I wouldn't be coming back."

In December, Chakvetadze ran for a seat in the Russian Duma with the Right Cause Party but was not elected.
_inocencia_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #213
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Anna Chakvetadze: Recovered & Ready

MOSCOW, Russia - It has been a difficult last couple of years for Anna Chakvetadze, with several problems on and off the court being thrown at her - the latest being an inner ear inflammation that sidelined her for almost the entire 2011 season - but the talented Russian is over it all and feeling strong for 2012.

At the start of 2011, Chakvetadze seemed on her way to the upper echelon of the WTA. She had already been there, after all, making it as high as No.5 during a breakthrough 2007 season that saw her win four WTA titles and reach her first Grand Slam semifinal at the US Open. But adversity struck in Dubai, as she was leading the No.1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki in the second set of their second round match when she collapsed and had to retire due to illness.

"When I got sick in Dubai I was in very good shape," Chakvetadze said. "I was finally enjoying the way I was playing. I was feeling the ball great. I had found my game again and was really ready to compete. But then I got sick."

The illness would soon be diagnosed as dizziness, and Chakvetadze would end up playing just three complete main draw matches the rest of the year, retiring from two matches and withdrawing from 11 other events due to the ailment. Never one to back down from a fight however, Chakvetadze continued to look for the root of the problem, and was eventually able to put an end to it.

"Doctors found an inflammation in my ear and connected it with the dizziness. I had to take medication for it, for a while actually. I didn't expect that it would take so long to get over it, but I did it. When I felt ready to play again it was already almost the end of the season, so I just decided to wait until the new season to play again. It was disappointing, but my health is the most important thing, and I hope I'll be able to do some good things in the new season.

"I'm 100% healthy now. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'm completely over it."

With her ranking down at No.232 it could be a steep climb, but just like any player who misses an extended period of time, she will have some help.

"I can use my special ranking for eight tournaments, so I'll be doing that in the first part of the year. Then we'll see what happens," the Russian said. "Of course it's going to be physically tough to start playing tournaments again because I wasn't training at this level for a long time, and right now I can't do three practices a day like I used to, but I feel so motivated to be back. I miss playing, I miss hitting the ball, I miss competing. I've found my motivation again and if I didn't think I could do well again, I wouldn't be coming back.

"I will be leaving Moscow on January 2 to go to Australia. My first tournament will be in Hobart. I have good memories from there. Again, I understand it will be tough, but I have nothing to lose and will try my best."

There will be at least one thing different about Chakvetadze upon her return: she is now involved in politics. "While I was away from the game I wanted to try something else besides tennis. I was always interested in politics, but if you told me a few years ago I'd actually be involved with it, I would never believe it! I was working with the Right Cause Party in Russia. I met some new people and really enjoyed myself. It was great to try myself in a different world.

"While I will do something if my party asks me to, right now my priority is sport. I spend my days on the tennis court. Tennis comes first for me."

wtatennis.com
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #214
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i found this, it is a short interview with anna from hobart after a practice session including picture of her hitting from a few days ago

http://www.themercury.com.au/article...port-news.html

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #215
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Russian hopes for lift in Hobart

January 05, 2012
MOTIVATION has not always been Anna Chakvetadze's strongest suit but the talented Russian has a renewed spring in her step as she embarks on her 2012 season.

The former world No.5 has battled injury and illness not to mention documented problems off court for the past two years, in which time her ranking has slipped to outside the top 200.

However, Chakvetadze has put the horrors behind her and is looking to again push her way back into the top echelon of players on the WTA Tour.

Last February the 24-year-old was serving for the second set against world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki in their match at Dubai when she collapsed and had to retire.

Chakvetadze ended up completing just three main-draw matches for the rest of the season, was forced to retire from two and pulled out of 11 additional tournaments.

Doctors eventually found an inflammation in her ear, but by the time it had been treated the season was almost over.

"I never had so much time off in my career. I didn't play for five months, didn't do any physical exercise either," she said after a practice session in Hobart yesterday.

"So it was tough to find my rhythm again, to practise every day was hard for my body, but I got used to it.

"I liked it, which was the most important thing. I hope it will help me to compete."

She says she can definitely produce her best tennis, "otherwise I wouldn't be back".

"I have to say I missed competing, and I'm more motivated than a year ago actually. Maybe it's a good thing."

With the use of a protected ranking, Chakvetadze will start 2012 at No. 59 in the world.

She begins her Australian trek at the Hobart International, which provides familiarity and good memories.

It will be her fourth consecutive visit to the Apple Isle. Back in 2007 the Russian claimed the title the only No. 1 seed in the tournament's history to do so and used it as a springboard to a career-best 12 months.

By the end of 2007 Chakvetadze was No. 6 in the world and had reached the quarter-finals at the Australian and French Opens and the semi-finals at the US Open in the process.

"I was working pretty hard during the off-season. I have won here in Hobart but other times I have lost first round, so I hope I get past the first round this year," she said.

"There is no ranking in mind, I just want to test myself to see how I play at a different level.

"Practice and matches are always different. I don't want to look too far.

"I'm happy I'm back and happy I can play again."
All the best in 2012, Anna!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #216
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #217
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

wish the interview was longer and asked her what she thinks about her game ect, not silly questions about the tournament itself.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #218
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

Is it an interview after the 1st round match? Looks like that.
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #219
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8402212
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #220
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Chakvetadze forced to retire in Hobart

Gutsy former world No.5 Anna Chakvetadze was forced to retire from her quarter-final against sixth seed Shahar Peer at the Hobart International on Thursday night.

Chakvetadze called it quits early in the third set after suffering from what officials said was severe cramping.

The Russian had looked impressive in winning the first set 6-4, suffering the injury late in that set, but succumbed 6-4 to Israel's Peer in the second.

She lost her opening service game in the third set and signalled she couldn't continue after bravely playing for more than an hour and a half.

The 24-year-old had struggled through the match, barely able to run and stretching between points.

She received a time violation warning after stalling in an attempt to be able to complete her serve.

The 2007 champion called on the trainer three times and left the court after the second set for treatment.

Currently ranked No.234 in the world, Chakvetadze was playing her first tournament since Wimbledon in June last year after illness and injury setbacks.

Her comeback had appeared on track as she heads into next week's Australian Open, the last grand slam tournament she made the quarters at back in 2007.

Peer will play top seed Yanina Wickmayer in Friday night's semi-final.

Fourth seed Angelique Kerber meets German compatriot Mona Barthel in the daytime semi.

Chakvetadze was hopeful the cramping in her left leg would not jeopardise her Melbourne Park campaign.

"Hopefully not," she said.

"I will see the physio tomorrow in Melbourne.

"I think it will be fine."

But she was regretting playing the second set.

"With me, I always want to try until the end but it was not necessary to stay there," she said.

"I didn't really want to play through the pain anymore, that's why I decided to stop the match."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8402212

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #221
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She such a fighter. I'm really proud of her.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #222
country flag krul

krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all krul is a name known to all

Anna Chakvetadze: "The very warm
feel it will all end "
01/17/2012
TENNIS

Anna Chakvetadze, conceded in the first round of Australian Open Elena Dokic (2:6, 1:6), admitted that she could finish the meeting early. In this case, according to Russian women, it is not going to make a break due to injury, reports from Melbourne correspondent "SE" Eugene FEDYAKOV.

"Unfortunately, last week in Hobart, I was injured - said Chakvetadze. - I have had seizures, but doctors decided that it was due to the fact that the displaced vertebra. I went to the bone setters, but could not recover. Yet But today, very much like to come here, and although I already felt warm, it will all end, decided to still finish the match to end. Of course I'm upset because I feel that I am in good shape. But no - the season is long. Now, after two week going to try to go through the qualification in Thailand. And here in Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami going to start in the main grid, using a secure rating rule (this rule helps players who missed some time due to injury and disease in some as to compensate for lost time. - Comm. EF). "

http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-01-17/487600/
krul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #223
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

UP ONE end of Margaret Court Arena stood a blonde veteran of many years and grand slams, a woman who has known heady rise and miserable fall. Who has inhabited the world's top five, battled personal and physical ills, spent time away from the game, drifted deep into triple-figure obscurity.

And up the other end stood Jelena Dokic. Calm, collected, healthy, happy Dokic, a beacon for all that Anna Chakvetadze must hold true to.

The Russian was so awful yesterday that John Fitzgerald - who in commentator guise doesn't usually tread an inflammatory path - questioned whether she was even trying. ''Should you fork out first-round prizemoney for this performance?'' Fitzy said on Channel Seven. ''I'm not sure.''

''Oh really?'' Chakvetadze responded, eyebrow cocked, after her 6-2, 6-1 capitulation in 48 minutes. ''Nice.''

She cited for her meek performance a back injury suffered in Hobart last week, which restricted her movement and made her contemplate a pre-match withdrawal. ''I could not turn, side to side.'' But she bristled at the notion she turned up to collect the $20,800 loser's cheque.

''I was trying to play with an injury … I wanted to try to play today, but unfortunately it didn't work out.'' Chakvetadze said.

Did the accusation hurt? ''No, it's very difficult to offend me.'' She has needed to develop a thick skin.

The plot details behind yesterday's combatants differ but there are thematic parallels. Dokic was a Wimbledon quarter-finalist at 16 and world No. 4 while still a teenager; Chakvetadze reached her points-driven pinnacle at 20, yet began this year aged 24 and ranked 240.

Dokic has recently reconciled with father Damir, but for much of her 28 years their relationship has been so strained that to conclude it damaged only her tennis is a gross trivialisation. She spoke warmly yesterday of the benefits working with coach Louise Pleming have brought - settling nerves, getting her physically fit, adding clearance and kick to her serve.

And crucially, greater evenness to her disposition.

''I think you have to, to be honest with you, just chill a little bit,'' she said, with a laugh that has too often been suppressed by burden. ''You know, things come a lot easier when you do that.''

This is a state Chakvetadze longs to revisit. In late 2007, when she was 20 and in the world's elite, her family's Moscow home was robbed in the middle of the night. Reports abound of hooded intruders, the daughter being bound, father Djambuli beaten, thousands of dollars taken. Her rankings slide began soon after.

Last year, she collapsed on court in three consecutive tournaments. A cynical audience formed an unflattering picture. Yesterday, Chakvetadze recalled an inner-ear inflammation, for a long time undiagnosed; she missed six months of tennis, did nothing at all for four of those.

''I actually miss it so much, I miss to compete,'' she said, insisting that her love for the game has never diminished. ''I like to play, you know. I really miss to play the tournaments.''

Of the struggles she and Dokic have known, Chakvetadze says you cannot compare people. ''Everyone has their own story.''

Dokic's is again being reworked for a new audience, although for the time being not so dramatically as when she stormed to the quarter-finals here three years ago (beating Chakvetadze in a third-round epic along the way) at a time when her grand slam resume in the previous four calendar years featured only a 2006 first-round Australian Open loss. Tomorrow, ninth-seeded Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli awaits.

Her goals are measured - to continue working on Pleming's plan, to accept the bad days and get out on the practice court the next morning ready to go again. And most of all, to stay healthy.

''Hopefully have a full year with no injuries … that's the most important thing,'' Dokic said. ''Yeah, if all goes well, hopefully top 20.''

There is a last word, in response to the observation that life hasn't always been easy.

''But what can we do, you know? Sometimes this happens. You have to stay positive.''

It is Chakvetadze who speaks, for both of them.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/austr...117-1q4nt.html

Dont you just like people who can look at a match and automatically see who is tanking
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #224
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

No.1 Oprandi Continues Winning Ways

Although she dropped her first set of the tournament in today’s final, Romina Oprandi scored a convincing victory over unseeded Anna Chakvetadze 5-7, 6-3, 6-3 to win her 22nd ITF title at the 20th annual EmblemHealth Bronx Open.

Oprandi is in excellent form heading into the US Open which begins in two weeks. This is her second title in 2012 coming less than a month after her win at the $100,000 Biarritz ITF Tournament.

When she reached her first final of 2012, Chakvetadze was bidding to become the first repeat winner of the EmblemHealth Bronx Open.

The three-set match showcased dueling forehands and strong first serves. Oprandi frustrated Chakvetadze with her well-executed drop shots, while Chakvetadze approached the net effectively thwarting Oprandi.

Oprandi took control of the match at the end of the second set winning seven games in a row taking a 3-0 lead in the third set before Chakvetadze mounted a final challenge.

EmblemHealth Manager of Events, Denise Shearer, presented Oprandi with the winner’s check in the amount of $7,315. This is the eighth year of EmblemHealth’s sponsorship of the tournament which has been played in the Bronx for 20 years.

The match will be broadcast by Cablevision on its neighborhood journal program. Cablevision sports anchor Charlie Cornacchio and World TeamTennis Commissioner Ilana Klass provided expert commentary.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:18 AM   #225
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

"Just cause" loses eminent supporters: party left the famous tennis player Anna Chakvetadze

Moscow, 23 January. /ITAR-TASS/. Famous Russian tennis player Anna
Chakvetadze, which ranked fifth place earlier in the world ranking, withdrew from
"just cause". As the site is held by activists of the party, its withdrawal
She explained that after the failure of the elections to the State Duma and the
regional zaksobraniâ "right" fell short of its expectations.
After the scandal with the departure of Mikhail Prokhorov and his party
companions, Chakvetadze was invited to be in the top three
the electoral list, with which the party went to the Duma elections. "Unfortunately, on
following the elections to the State Duma party received and interest. Many of those
who has initiated and participated in the elections, withdrew from the other party,
a more successful political projects, "said Chakvetadze.
"I'm not one of those people who make sudden or hasty decisions. I'm up to
the latter had hoped that the party still can express ourselves and come back
the political arena of the country. However, this did not happen. Finally
disillusioned with the party, I sent a statement about its withdrawal from the
"Just cause". I realized that we no longer need each other, "
entered into it.
Soon, Chakvetadze, according to supporters of the party's site
intends to concentrate on sporting matters. Today international
sports channel Eurosport, invited Anna as an expert
comment on the broadcast of the Australian Open. In addition, tennis player
is actively engaged in projects on the development of children's sports, which in
the near future will be presented to the public.

http://www.itar-tass.com/c12/629194.html

Father: Anna Chakvetadze dejected in the "Right", but not in politics

Saint Petersburg, Jan 23-r-sports, Taras Barabash. Russian tennis player
Anna Chakvetadze pulled out of "just cause" as the banana pancakes
the party, not in politics in General, said the Agency "p-sport" father
ex-fifth World Jamal. However, in the "Right"
argue that professional tennis has never been a member of the party was not.

Chakvetadze took third place in a federal list of candidates
"Just cause" in elections to the State Duma of the VI convocation. The party did not
was able to overcome the 5% barrier and getting into Parliament.

"Anna very dejected, not so much in politics as in" Right
case ". She's not in the policy, dejected, and in particular the party
the structure, "said the father of the tennis correspondent of the" r-Sport "
the phone.

In addition, Jamal Chakvetadze stressed that Anna had the "Right
case ", even when the party was led by Mikhail Prokhorov. The businessman was removed
as President of the "right-wing" in the fall of 2011.

"It turned out that Prokhorov, and Anna in this party.
Not to spoil this picture, although it was known that nothing
will not win this party without leaders and dejected, she stayed in
"The Law" and from there came out, "explained the father of female players.

In turn, the Chairman of the "just cause" Andrei Dunaev said RIA
News that Chakvetadze never had been in the party, "was only
the list in the elections to the State Duma, but it was not a member of the party. "

Chakvetadze is narrated by Australian Open tournament matches on the channel Eurosport.