Anna articles and interviews - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #181
country flag smokovec

smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna articles and interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lang26 View Post
So Wait she Not coming back till 2012 & she not playing Tashkent & Guangzhou
The interview is from the last Monday and Anna says she need 2 weeks of full training before return on tour, the question is if she is already training right now or not and probably Tashkent is too early for a return.

But from the photos in the article I see a happy Anna and so probably the worst is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornik View Post
And she says that it's ok having relations with a man at least 10 years older, no matter if he's got a belly but he's has to be...
So maybe I have a possibility with Anna, I'm just 10 Year older. and she also love italian food...

Hampton * Radwanska

Cibulkova * Diyas * Hsieh * Muguruza * Paszek * Puig * Vesnina * Zheng
smokovec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #182
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokovec View Post
The interview is from the last Monday and Anna says she need 2 weeks of full training before return on tour, the question is if she is already training right now or not and probably Tashkent is too early for a return.

But from the photos in the article I see a happy Anna and so probably the worst is gone.

So maybe I have a possibility with Anna, I'm just 10 Year older. and she also love italian food...
Where are you from? What do you think of Russians? It matters, ask jessy balan. He is the Guru. He def. teaches you. Sorry. He'll never do it. He's the owner.
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #183
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

The only one owner who lets the toy to play by her own. Peace out
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #184
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornik View Post
Sorry if I failed to make it clear - my English is weak
She does not spend all the time partying. Not at all. The question is: what is she doing the rest of the time
Nevermind.
Well, hopefully she is working on her fitness.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #185
country flag Rafa_thebest

Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all

I hope she'll comeback this year, may be just playing the european indoor season (Linz, Moscow and Luxembourg) if she's not ready for Asia!
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #186
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Anna Chakvetadze, 2007 US Open semi-finalist, stands for Right Cause party in Russian parliamentary election

* From correspondents in Moscow, Russia
* AFP
* September 27, 2011 7:55AM

Anna Chakvetadze is to try her hand at politics, standing for Right Cause party in coming elections for Russia's lower house of parliament, the State Duma.

The 24-year-old, formerly ranked in the top five in the world, and winner of eight WTA Tour titles, has not played since Wimbledon because of poor health.

She had previously retired from five tournaments in April and May due to a mystery illness.

Chakvetadze, a semi-finalist at the 2007 US Open, said she wanted to "try something new" and focus on women's rights and children's sports.

"I joined the Right Cause party because it's a young party," she said.

"All of its members are young people, who have many fresh ideas.

"I believe I also can bring some fresh ideas into this project.

"I'd like to be involved in deciding the questions concerning the sports sphere in case we manage to enter the State Duma.

"I am especially interested in children's sports. I believe the state should support the children's sports activity, making it completely free of charge."

Right Cause, a pro-business party in the country, has little popular support, with political pundits saying they have the support of only about 2 per cent of the population.

And the party is in disarray after billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov was ousted as leader last week.

Maria Sharapova, meanwhile, said that Chakvetadze's decision to run for the Russian parliament would make it "tough" on her compatriot's tennis career.

"I think it obviously takes a lot of time, so it's tough to do two things, two pretty big things at the same time," Sharapova said.

"But if she feels strong about it, obviously it's a personal choice."

Sharapova said she was "not really sure" whether Chakvetadze, world No.5 in 2007, was still going to play or commit herself to politics.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/r...-1226147466784
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #187
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I read this Gosh hope she don't retire any news on if she playing moscow
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM   #188
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

What's the name of her political party? Does someone know?
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM   #189
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Hope that she will be back to tennis next season...
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 07:16 PM   #190
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Moscow (CNN) -- If a country's standing can be measured by its sporting ambitions, then Russia's status as a superpower is once again on the rise.
Its big-spending football league is attracting top international stars, and the next few years will see it host major sporting spectacles for the first time since the Soviet-era regime staged the 1980 Olympic Games that were notoriously boycotted by the United States.
And ahead of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and the 2018 soccer World Cup, one of Russia's prominent athletes has put aside her sporting dreams to concentrate on contributing to the politics of the Kremlin.
Anna Chakvetadze was one of Russia's seemingly never ending line of top female tennis players when she burst onto the scene as a 17-year-old in 2004.
A junior finalist at Wimbledon the previous year, she stunned compatriot and world No. 3 Anastasia Myskina at the U.S. Open and went on to reach a career-high fifth in the rankings, winning eight tournaments and almost $4 million on the WTA Tour.

However, she has now turned to politics after sliding outside the top 150 following a combination of injuries and illness.
"I would like to develop youth sport. I was a sportsman myself so I know about problems in sport," the 24-year-old told CNN.
"I would like youth sport in our country to be affordable to people from all social classes. We have to give the same access to sport for kids from poor families. Ideally, my goal is to get the majority involved in sport activities ... sport should come to every family."
Chakvetadze has chosen the fringe "Right Cause Party" as she stands for Russia's lower parliament in the December 4 elections, with parties needing 7% of the total vote to earn seats. Former top-ranked men's tennis player Marat Safin will also be standing, seeking one of 450 places.
And they'll both be hoping to join fellow sports figures Svetlana Khorkina and Alina Kabaeva in the State Duma after the two former Olympic champion gymnasts won respective elections in 2007
Formed in 2008 from the ashes of three other parties, Right Cause has positioned itself as "anti-old guard" and dismissed the relevancy of former president Vladimir Putin and other longtime political stalwarts who have stood for decades.
"It's a challenge for me. I have joined Right Cause because it's a young party with fresh ideas," Chakvetadze said.
"I was invited to join it when (Mikhail) Prokhorov was in it. But even now all the basic ideas that the Right Cause stands for haven't changed and I share the program and idea of the party."
Billionaire businessman Prokhorov stepped down in September after a few months as party leader, dismissing Right Cause as a "puppet party" of the Kremlin.
It is an accusation Luke Harding -- a reporter for British newspaper The Guardian and the first Western journalist to be expelled from Russia since the end of the Cold War in 2011 -- supports.
Over the last decade-plus under Putin there has been a restoration of the classic authoritarian model
Journalist Luke Harding

"Russia was a quasi-democracy under Boris Yeltsin in the 1990s. But over the last decade-plus under Putin there has been a restoration of the classic authoritarian model, with the squashing of independent TV, proper elections, and opposition forces," Harding, the author of "Mafia State: How one reporter became the enemy of a brutal new Russia," told CNN.
"Today's Russia does have political 'parties,' like Right Cause. But they are not parties in the real sense -- their role is simply decorative, to create the illusion of voter choice and to legitimize decisions taken behind closed doors in the Kremlin.
"There's a long tradition in Russia of getting sportsmen and women to stand for parties: they help to enthuse a weary and cynical electorate."
Prime Minister Putin has announced that next year he intends to again stand for president, a position he held for two consecutive terms -- the maximum allowed -- before endorsing the campaign of his 2008 successor Dmitry Medvedev.
While her fellow Right Cause candidate Andrei Bogdanov has listed Putin among the Russian establishment "we have had enough of," Chakvetadze said the 59-year-old -- who is a strong supporter of sport -- is popular with the people.
"The real opposition is a constructive one that has something to offer to authorities [other than] beautiful election campaign slogans. I guess the Right Cause is able to become a constructive opponent," she said.
This year was really a tough one for me. There were several traumas and I decided to take care and restore my health
Anna Chakvetadze

"As for the next president, Putin is really significantly supported by Russians. If he is elected he will take the real steps for further development of the state and improving lifestyle for citizens, which is a good thing. The main thing is to keep on moving."
Chakvetadze said sport is an important part of becoming a healthy nation, and acknowledged that improvements need to be made before the big events in 2014 and 2018.
"First we should develop the infrastructure -- build new stadiums, hotels, additional railway service and air travel," she said.
"We have to provide our guests and citizens with the highest level of security service. We must not lose face. Big sport forums like this will definitely increase interest in sport and will contribute to the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
"On the other hand it will make our authorities move and develop the infrastructure of territories where these competitions will take place, attract new investment into our country."
Chakvetadze has struggled to maintain the peak levels of 2007, when she reached the U.S. Open semifinals and was also part of Russia's successful Fed Cup team, but she has not closed the door on her tennis career.
"This year was really a tough one for me. There were several traumas and I decided to take care and restore my health," she said.
"It doesn't mean that I'm over with my sport career. I just took a pause for an unknown period of time. So all my goals now are related with this party project."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/sport/...iref=allsearch
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM   #191
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Anna
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM   #192
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Hope she come back next year
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM   #193
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't mean that I'm over with my sport career. I just took a pause for an unknown period of time. So all my goals now are related with this party project."
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM   #194
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Big sport forums like this will definitely increase interest in sport and will contribute to the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM   #195
country flag Reiken

Reiken has disabled reputation

http://sport.ria.ru/interview_sport/...479598417.html

Translated from Google:

Famous Russian tennis player Anna Chakvetadze in an interview with sports news agency "R-Sport" Alexander told about Vladimirova, who brought her into politics, why she decided to change the activity and whether the return to tennis.

- Anna, you announced that in the near future on the court will not go. What is the reason this decision?

This year in sports for me has been very difficult, primarily because of the large number of injuries. It is because of health problems, I decided to take a break for an indefinite period.

- Indefinite period of time may be delayed, say, a year?

In Women's Tennis Association (WTA) is a rule that you can freeze your rating for two years. I did it. For two years I can go back and use their ratings in eight tournaments. But when I get back and come back if at all, I hesitate to say so far.

- So, you already have thought about retirement?

I still only 24 years old, so I do not want to put an end to the career. But everything will depend on many factors, first of all, from my physical condition. And now I have changed the scope of activities, decided to enter politics. My ambitions and goals are related primarily to her.

- Why politics?

So there were certain set of circumstances. To be honest, politics is always interesting to me was, and wanted a taste not only in sport but in another field. Now I'm a new in politics, and I do not care what's happening in Russia. I travel a lot for other countries, I see how people live there. I would like to bring something new in our lives, to achieve some progress.

- Who brought you into politics?

As I said, it really turned out totally by accident. In the game "Just Cause" I was approved on the lists in July. We talked a lot about what is happening in the country, about life in Russia with my friend - Andrei Bogdanov. He is currently second in the federal lists. The proposal came just from him. Since I was interested, I thought about it and agreed.

- Do you think it will help if you are in a political career that you are famous tennis player?

Sport and politics, in my view, are closely related. Between them a lot in common. I think it would help me. I have experience, there is a character. I can fight.

- What tasks do you like to achieve in the political arena?

Since I am myself an athlete, then a party, I would like to engage in sporting matters, the development of children's sports. I would love to sport came in every family, by 2020 about 40 percent of our population engaged in sports. We painted a specific program for the development of sports and the development of this public-private partnership in building sports facilities. The positive experience already - it's "Gazprom", which revolutionized and brought about 600 objects.

We also plan to work to increase excise taxes and prices of tobacco and alcohol production. We do not encourage smokers to 20 years of experience to quit smoking, it's more designed for young people. Now a lot of young people, unfortunately, smoke and drink alcohol. If prices rise, the youth may finally will sport. We also want to increase the maternity capital to one hundred thousand rubles, and that this money has been spent on training the child in sports clubs. This will create additional competition between sports schools.

- If your political career will be developed successfully, it will remain there incentives to return back to the sport?

Hard to say. Sometimes it's hard to find motivation for any business. If I find the motivation, everything can happen.