Anna articles and interviews - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #151
country flag VitorTA

VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all
Re: Anna articles and interviews

Two pieces of news...

----------------------------------------
First one from AP:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110419...ruschakvetadze

Dizziness forces Chakvetadze out of tennis tournament

STUTTGART, Germany (AFP) – Russia's Anna Chakvetadze was forced to retire from her third straight WTA tournament on Tuesday when she collapsed during her first round match in Stuttgart due to a mystery illness.
The 24-year-old qualifier, ranked 50th in the world, was in the third set of her match against Slovakia's Zuzana Kucova when she dropped to the clay-court floor during a break in the third set of her first round match.
She needed medical attention before retiring from the match with the score at 1-6, 7-5, 4-4 to Kucova.
The 24-year-old also had to retire for a similar reason in February's tournament in Dubai and again at Indian Wells last month as doctors struggle to identify the problem.
"I started the match feeling fine, but I knew the dizziness was coming and started to feel worse in the second set," said the Russian.
"It was the same feeling as the two times before.
"I have seen a doctor and I don't really have anything more to update with at the moment."
The Russian said she had sought medical advice on whether to play in Stuttgart and her future plans remain unclear as she looks for the cause of the problem.
"I saw a doctor before the tournament and they told me everything would be ok, which is why I decided to play here," she said.
"But now it's the third tournament in a row I have had to retire with this dizziness problem.
"It seems the doctors don't have all the answers yet, so I have to rest.
"Hopefully we will find a solution."

Second one an interviwe with Anna's father to Sport-Express newspaper reporter Vladas Lasitskas:
http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/13257/
Google translation:

Chakvetadze had lost consciousness on the third tournament in a row

On Tuesday in Stuttgart at a major tournament WTA Tour with a prize fund of 721,000 dollars to fifth former world number Russian woman Anna Chakvetadze for the third time in the past two months, lost consciousness during the competition.

It happened in the third set match 1 / 16 finals against Susan Kutsov from the Czech Republic with the score 6:1, 5:7, 4:4. By the time an opponent had on the court for nearly two hours. Similar cases have occurred with a 24-year-old Muscovite from the previous two tournaments - in Dubai (February 16) and Indian Wells (March 12).

It is worth noting that in the main draw of the tournament Porsche Tennis Grand Prix Chakvetadze, who is now in the world ranking of 50 th place, made its way through the qualification. In other words, has won three matches, including those held on Monday, the most persistent three-hour duel with a Ukrainian Mariya Koryttseva.

Two hours later, after being right on the tennis stadium was a medical examination, the correspondent "SE" rang in Stuttgart her father Jamal Chakvetadze.

- You still here with her daughter at a tennis center?

- Yes, there are going to a council of physicians, but I'm not sure that I will hear from them something new. All say the same thing: that everything is normal, you can take Anya home. Her heart was in the order a blood test - too. Yet she did a brain scan. According to the doctor who did the procedure, no abnormalities were found.

- In preparation for the tournament in Stuttgart, it was all right?

- We trained almost a week, and Anna felt fine. The first two qualification matches went well, she won them in two sets. The first bad signs I noticed after the final qualification. I look at Anna, but she was all pale. After three hours of stay on the court, any player, of course, experiencing fatigue, but this lethargy and pallor on her face usually does not happen. I ask: how do you feel? She answers: Yes like normal. But I can see - that something is not right. Now it is clear: a duel with Koryttseva she won only through faith.

- And what you now do you?

- Did not even know where and to whom to go. We have passed the examination in the U.S. and Russia, and now - in Germany. Everywhere say the same thing - everything is in order. But that does not happen! Why, then, my daughter fainted right on the court?

- A doctors' recommendations are the same everywhere?

- Judge for yourself. Recently, doctors put Anya special rubber leggings, which are adhesive qualities feet, and from that blood circulates better through the veins. She wore them here. And today, the doctor said do not need and sent her on a brain scan. In any case, you have to find the truth, to understand why these syncope occur. Can this somehow be treated or should finish his career?

Vladas LASICKAS

They sound a little depressed, and it seems they lost faith in the doctors...
I don't think she will play until she gets a different diagnosis.
She might really retire
VitorTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM   #152
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/453291

[Dzhamal] To [chakvetadze]: [Anya] can pass “[Rolan] Of [garros]”

To Anna [Chakvetdaze] it decided to make interruption in its career to the complete explanation of the reasons for faintings, which happened of the tennis player at three last tournaments contract.
Let us recall that the ex-fifth racket of peace lost consciousness directly on Kort in Dubai, Indiana- Wales and Stuttgart.

- Doctors say that everything in the order and by it can be played in [Ani] with the health. But what sense to be declared to the tournament, if sooner or later it does end for you by fainting? - explained the motives of this decision of sportswoman her father Of [dzhamal] To [chakvetadze] in the telephone conversation with the correspondent “Soviet sport” by Nikolai [MYSINYM]. - Therefore we decided to make a pause and to pass complete inspection. Although I, honestly speaking, even do not know, where it to make. In America, in Europe, and in Moscow doctors establish one and the same - heart, blood, liver in daughter within the standard. But they recognize that of 100 reasons for faintings accurately it is possible to establish only 4. remain 96 more. Themselves you understand, to risk by the health Of [ani] we do not can.

- When you do plan to renew appearances?

- I do not know answer to this question. If it is required, it is necessary to pass “[Rolan] Of [garros]”, which starts in the month. Again I will be repeated - what sense to leave on Kort, if not the first, then second- third match at the tournament does end by the loss of consciousness? Now we are situated in Moscow and examine the versions, where to pass sequential inspection. Thus far we have on the sign four leading clinics capitals.
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #153
country flag dornik

dornik has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/453291

[Dzhamal] To [chakvetadze]: [Anya] can pass “[Rolan] Of [garros]”

To Anna [Chakvetdaze] it decided to make interruption in its career to the complete explanation of the reasons for faintings, which happened of the tennis player at three last tournaments contract.
Let us recall that the ex-fifth racket of peace lost consciousness directly on Kort in Dubai, Indiana- Wales and Stuttgart.

- Doctors say that everything in the order and by it can be played in [Ani] with the health. But what sense to be declared to the tournament, if sooner or later it does end for you by fainting? - explained the motives of this decision of sportswoman her father Of [dzhamal] To [chakvetadze] in the telephone conversation with the correspondent “Soviet sport” by Nikolai [MYSINYM]. - Therefore we decided to make a pause and to pass complete inspection. Although I, honestly speaking, even do not know, where it to make. In America, in Europe, and in Moscow doctors establish one and the same - heart, blood, liver in daughter within the standard. But they recognize that of 100 reasons for faintings accurately it is possible to establish only 4. remain 96 more. Themselves you understand, to risk by the health Of [ani] we do not can.

- When you do plan to renew appearances?

- I do not know answer to this question. If it is required, it is necessary to pass “[Rolan] Of [garros]”, which starts in the month. Again I will be repeated - what sense to leave on Kort, if not the first, then second- third match at the tournament does end by the loss of consciousness? Now we are situated in Moscow and examine the versions, where to pass sequential inspection. Thus far we have on the sign four leading clinics capitals.

Jamal Chakvetadze: Anya may fail to attend RG

Anna Chakvetadze decided to make a break in her career to clarify the reasons of syncopes which happened during the last three tournaments fully.
We should remind, that former #5 fainted on court in Dubai, Indian Wells and Stuttgart.

- the doctors say that everything is ok with Anna's health and she can play. But does it make any sense to participate in a tournament if sooner or later it will end with a faint? - explained the reason of the decision athlete's father Jamal Chakvetadze during a phone interview to the "Sovsport" reporter Nikolay Mysin.
- that's why we decide to make a break and undergo a complete checkup. To tell you the truth I even don't know where it should be conducted. In the US, Europe and in Moscow the doctors ascertain the same - my daughter's heart, her blood, liver are normal. And the same doctors admit that from 100 reasons of the faint one can determine only 4. There are 96 remain. We clearly can not risk Anna's health.

- when are you planning to resume participation in tournaments?
- I don't have an answer. We may not attend RG, which starts in a month if it's necessary. I should tell you once again - there's no sense in coming out on court in a tournament if the first, second or third match will end with faint. We're in Moscow now and check the variants of the next examination. We've got four best Moscow hospitals in view right now.
dornik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:12 AM   #154
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care about RG..Her health is the most important

Anya
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #155
country flag VitorTA

VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all VitorTA is a name known to all

And, as Vladas Lasitskas promised, here are some news:

http://news.sport-express.ru/2011-05-18/439089/

--------------------------
Google translation:

Discovered a possible cause of syncope Chakvetadze

Former world number-fifth Russian woman Anna Chakvetadze, who this season in three consecutive tournaments (Dubai, Indian Wells, Stuttgart) during the match lost consciousness, continues to undergo a rehabilitation course in Moscow. In an interview with the correspondent "SE" father of 24-year old tennis player Jamal Chakvetadze said that still does not know when his daughter will return to the court:

- Anya four weeks she lay in a metropolitan hospital, where he again took a full survey. It once again confirmed: the heart and blood daughter is all right. But doctors have found inflammation of the inner ear, which could affect the operation of vessels and cause fainting. We are going to treat. To answer the main question - why Anya was losing consciousness, we go by process of elimination. Say that the season is over for Annie, it is premature. Now the main task - to cure. And only then we will think about when to return to the WTA Tour. ( Vladas LASITSKAS)

Inner ear infection is the answer they found after a quite lenghty investigation...
Hope that they are right! It doesn't sound so serious
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #156
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least they found something. Now she can have a treat it.

Get well soon, Anna!
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #157
country flag GeorgianFan

GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute

inner ear infection can really cause fainting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinthitis

Who Dares Wins
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
GeorgianFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #158
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. At least they found something.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #159
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

Wow, if that's in fact the cause, then that's great! That sounds treatable.
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #160
country flag VitorTA

New News !!

http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20110531/382276353.html

------------------------------
Google translation:

MOSCOW, May 31 - RIA Novosti, Natalia Mescherikova.
Russian tennis player Anna Chakvetadze, was treated after a series of fainting spells, began training and plans to play in a tournament in June, the athlete's father Jamal Chakvetadze reported to the R-Sport agency.

In late April, Chakvetadze was forced to take a break in the performances because of the fact that the tennis player three times in two months, fainted during the game.

"Anna is at home in Moscow and has already started training - told the father of the tennis player on the phone. - It was only the third day training, and yet nothing is clear. But doctors say that the game is already possible. I think that we should try to declare at a some of those tournaments that are played on grass. "

According to Father of the tennis player, Chakvetadze had inflammation of middle ear. "She treat and has already passed the test. It seems, everything is normal. Now we must verify it hurt or something else" - he explained.

At present, 24-year-old Chakvetadze took 48 th place in the ranking of WTA. On account of eight titles in the tennis singles.

------------------------------

I think we can get what the article means, she is cured for the inner ear infection, has started practicing for 3 days now. If the original diagnosis was correct, and nothing happens, she might play a tournament in the grass season (Eastbourne?).
Good news all around, i think
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM   #161
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Great News!
Comeeeeee on Anna.
Rosmalen I think not Eastbourne
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:26 PM   #162
country flag Rafa_thebest

Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all Rafa_thebest is a name known to all

YES!! Anna + grass is
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:31 PM   #163
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG yesssssss
Thank god she's finaly okey.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:31 PM   #164
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa_thebest View Post
YES!! Anna + grass is
Yup.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM   #165
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope they are right. Cant say anything until she plays some matches
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote