Mr. Mirza: One dad who's good for tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Mr. Mirza: One dad who's good for tennis

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...1-3162,00.html

UNLIKE Jelena Dokic, Indian sensation Sania Mirza enjoys the happiest of relationships with her coach-father.

Revered in her homeland as a Sachin Tendulkar with a tennis racquet, Mirza safely progressed to the second round of the Open yesterday before revealing a refreshingly productive partnership with her father Imran.

Mirza, 20, said she had no plans to ditch her dad in favour of a more established mentor.

"I always say never fix what's not broken," Mirza said after her 6-3 7-5 defeat of Ukraine's Olga Savchuk.

"When I have a bad patch, or if I do, then maybe we can work on getting a coach.

"My dad's always been the super coach. I mean, he's always been around since I was kid and I think he understands me, obviously, on a personal level.
"He's my father. We get along great. He's very easygoing. That helps it a lot because he's very relaxed after a match, before a match.

"He takes tennis only as a sport and I think that's what's important.
"He doesn't think that this is it. It's part of life.

"I think we both understand that's what makes the relationship work."

Mirza's drama-free relationship with her dad is something of a rarity in women's elite tennis.

We all know of Dokic's troubles and, before her, Mary Pierce, Jennifer Capriati and the Williams sisters have all had to endure overbearing fathers in their corners.

Mirza will continue to focus on inspiring other Indian women to take up tennis.

"It's a great feeling when people come up and say, 'I picked up a tennis racquet because of you and because of what you've done'," Mirza said.
"You need a role model to look up to, I guess. When you look at someone doing it from your own country, from your own city, you start believing that you can do it too.

"Tennis right now is growing in such a big way. It's not close to cricket but it's catching up." - AAP
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #2
country flag skumars

skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all
Re: Mr. Mirza: One dad who's good for tennis

I sincerely feel she should look for a more accomplished tactician and coach. An unexpenrienced and unseasoned coach can take you only up to this level. To make further inroads into the ranking chart, you need a good hand.
skumars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #3
country flag rocksania

rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold

well farrington was tried but it didnt worked out so she once said that she does not get along wid everyone so she is staying wid imran as her coach ,bcoz of their mutual understanding and being a father gives a personal confidence for dear sania so she prefers her father over any other coach.

♥ ♥♥ ♥ Sania ♥ ♥♥ ♥
rocksania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #4
country flag Marcus Jordan

Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of

Sania has hot body that is for sure :P
Marcus Jordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #5
country flag skumars

skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all skumars is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtaworldSUPERMAN View Post
Sania has hot body that is for sure :P
How's this relevant to this thread? Or you are just kidding
skumars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #6
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Sania should be coached by a totally unrelated Mirza from a totally different country if she wants to progress: Russia's Sviotoslav Mirza, who guided the Contessa from obscurity to the edge of the Top 10 a few years ago.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #7
country flag Marcus Jordan

Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of Marcus Jordan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumars View Post
How's this relevant to this thread? Or you are just kidding
No no joke she really does have a hot body!
Marcus Jordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote