Quick report - pretty much for Misa fans, coz I haven't seen much tennis! :eek: - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #1
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quick report - pretty much for Misa fans, coz I haven't seen much tennis! :eek:

So I got to Hobart Saturday morning, and it was pissing down with rain...went to dump my bags at the hotel and figured there was no point going to the tennis, coz they weren't gonn a be playing anytime soon. So I went to the markets and just generally got wet. Chhecked into my room at about 1:30pm and turned on the tv to see that Hingis-Safina was on..so I watched that, and then after getting a few messages about what the Hobart MD was, I decided to walk up to the tennis, just to see if i could get the draw. Asked some people about MD - no one seemed to know what was going on. Equally the same with my pass...finally found someone who knew something about the passes, and he said he'd see if mine was there. As he was walking into the players area, he spotted Misa, and he asked will she know me if he calls her over (I told him yes), so he called her over, and we were talking, and I got my pass, and we talked some more, and then because it was still drizzling, we walked back to our hotels.

Sunday: so I got to the tennis at about 9am, planning to watch heaps of matches. Saw Azarenka-Shvedova and Fuda-Spears, and then I saw Misa warming up for training, so I went up to say hi...she was waving, and she let me on the court while she was training so I can take some pics (she trained with Vinci). Then I was planning to go to some more matches, but Misa asked do I wanna get a lift back into town, and as I had nothing for lunch, I thought it's a good idea, and I'll walk back to the tennis after. So we got into one of the cars, and guess who was driving? Kirsten who's been posting on here! ( Kirsten). So in the car we were talking a bit, and I said I needed to find a supermarket...Misa knew where one was, so Kirsten was nice enough to drop us off there, and we did some shopping before walking back to our hotels (she's 4 blocks away from me). She told me that she was training again at 5pm, so I said I'd come if I could be assed to walk up the hill again! hehe Of course, I went. It was cold, and I ended up being a "ballgirl" for Misa and the Czech girl she trained with, coz no one else was around (even Misa's dad went inside to drink coffee! ) So after training, Misa went running back to the hotel (her Dad told her to) and I walked back with her Dad. We had a nice talk. He was surprised that I can speak Dutch "so well" (according to him my Dutch is good ).

So today...I saw in the paper that Misa was 3rd match so I arrived at about 10am, and Misa was hitting up (again with Vinci). After that, we were just sitting in the players area, waiting for her match. We were doing sudoku's. She finished one that I had started and kinda gave up on. Then it was time for her match, and it started really well, but Bremond took a medical time out at 2-1 (on serve) in the 2nd and it all seemed to fall apart for Misa after that... couldn't buy a 1st serve and had no rhythm. After the match, I was pretty sure she won't wanna talk, so I walked out to one of the other courts, and I saw Misa sitting on the bench on one of the training courts, so I left her and watched some of...uhh...well I dunno coz I was on the phone to someone (not right by the court...I'm not that bad). Misa went past about 10 mins later, and I wanted to go to the toilet, but she thought I was walking to the exit and asked if I wanted to get a lift...so I said ok - thought I could maybe cheer her up a bit. So I asked if she was sure that she wanted me to come with her and she said yes. So I jumped in the car and we talked a little bit. e got back to her hotel, and she said that she was going grocery shopping and do I wanna come. So I said if she wants...so I waited for her to put her bag in her room, and we started walking, and she looked really down, so I was trying to talk about other stuff. We did some shopping, and she said she will go to the own centre and do I wanna come...again I said if she wants. but we went back to our hotels first...she helped me recheck in, coz I had to change rooms - long story - and then we went shopping. Her Dad messaged her that she has to go practice her serving again, so she asked do I maybe wanna have dinner with them after that. Of course I did. So she was practicing her serving, aiming at 3 bottles on the court... she got 2. And after that we had dinner in the players lounge and then walked back to the hotel...

gah out of time but that's basically it.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #2
country flag Martian Stacey
Team WTAworld

Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick report - pretty much for Misa fans, coz I haven't seen much tennis! :eek:

Nice report Sarah Really sucks about her result today though
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #3
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick report - pretty much for Misa fans, coz I haven't seen much tennis! :eek:

Awesome, Sarah
And yes, your Dutch IS good. It's not like Petrs Dutchs is perfect right
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #4
country flag santhuruu

santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute

Dutchiegirl, you are soo lucky! To have dinner with Krajicek wowowowaaa and many more things. Well it was really bad that Misa lost, but I hope you had a great time. Did you also see Serena Williams play?
santhuruu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #5
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool story, Sarah.

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #6
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #7
country flag TdF_DBLL
Team WTAworld

TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for sharing this with us sarah, now we are all jealous I guess.

Sounds nice over there, too bad Misa's result isn't that nice, so hopefully some other favorites of you do well.
TdF_DBLL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #8
country flag obiku
Team WTAworld

obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold obiku is a splendid one to behold

Wow...what a story!
I hope you will have a great tournament the rest of the days.
Have fun!
obiku is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #9
country flag Alicia Rocks
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah You are one lucky girl Sorry I missed your call today, family was here and they would not shutup

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #10
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Sarah what an experience shame that misa lost t'day but still enjoy your time down there all the best
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #11
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

Good Report. I hope you had a great time.
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #12
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fun, Sarah. (I should start practising my French in case if I meet Tati )
Too bad Misa lost though.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #13
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Sarah Great story

Despite the loss, still a great experience.

And you know your Dutch is good You can even pronounce Scheveningen

I forgot what word you had problems with Tuinmeubelen?

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #14
country flag TdF_DBLL
Team WTAworld

TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute TdF_DBLL has a reputation beyond repute

Net of je dat woord vaak gebruikt Martijn.
TdF_DBLL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #15
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdF_DBLL View Post
Net of je dat woord vaak gebruikt Martijn.

But Sarah does have problems with the ui, and I think I remember trying to teach her the eu as well, so I think tuinmeubelen would be problematic for her indeed

But Scheveningen is a good enouch accomplishment for her And overall her pronuncation is good

I'm kinda jealous btw, I wish my faves were that approachable for me