Aussies -Channel 7 make me ANGRY! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #1
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute
Aussies -Channel 7 make me ANGRY!

I know they had bad weather and everything, but how could they not show the Vaidisova/Hantuchova match?? This is clearly the best first round here, yet they leave just as it starts so that the loyal followers of "According to Jim" reruns can be satisfied. This is the one time of year that Australians with no pay-tv can watch tennis in Australia. They showed the Guccione match which was fine, but then they came back and showed Na Li playing Francesca Schiavone I guess I should be angry with the weather more so than Channel 7, but it is really aggravating me that I didn't get to watch this match because of, as I said before, "According to Jim" reruns. This show is bad enough the first time round, let alone watching reruns of it They should have stayed with the tennis until the news or something that really needed to be broadcast came on. Channel 7
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #2
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies -Channel 7 make me ANGRY!

I was very mad too. The 10 or so days of actual tennis we get each year always seem to be bad ones. I was happy when I saw that Daniela was going to be on tv, but then the weather had to spoil it. Not to mention that the awful match ups always go to three sets, or the winner starts choking

No Daniela, no Anna-Lena= CRAP

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:14 AM   #3
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of

yeah i agree! pretty poor coverage!i was sure channel 7's coverage the last few years went till at least 530.im lucky my folks have fox[not that sydney is on fox but,channel 7 seems to get worse each year and critics complain about the lack of depth and top100 players in australia,cover the few events we do have here a bit better!
martin white is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #4
country flag Alicia Rocks
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Channel 7

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #5
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I was so pissed about it! Fair enough they had to cover Chris's final, and he did an awesome job in his first ATP final, but seriously, Li vs Schiavone. And they didn't even show the completed match, so when they returned to it when it was into the second set, it was obvious that it was recorded and they were just replaying it. I could even see Nicole's yellow dress on court behind Johanna as she was leaving So they could have at least showed the start of Nicole/Daniela's match instead of showing a few games of Li/Schiavone and then leaving before the match was even finished. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #6
country flag krystlel

krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all

Yeah, channel 7 always do that. When there's not enough time for a complete match, they show one that's already finished. Personally, I don't know what I'd prefer, since if I watched part of a live match, it might annoy me when they stop their coverage. I was annoyed yesterday when they stopped their coverage while the Johansson-Djokovic match was still going.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #7
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i'm a bit disappointed with channel seven as well too. plus the thing that really suxs is that they don't show the twilight/night sessions live (except the finals) & they just delay them until 10pm at night which i think is just riduculous cause they show some other crap tv shows.

channel seven
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #8
country flag krystlel

krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all

Finals are delayed too, I think. It starts at 9:30.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #9
country flag Привет

I think that Australian Open is done well, just the Sydney tournament sucks! And as soon as Kooyong starts they will show every single bloody match!
---
Just noticed that Kooyong isn't on the ATP Calendar, is it not going anymore?
---
Anyway to be honest I would have been happy with the coverage today, if only they had shown Nicole and Daniela, this is far greater a first round then Li and Schiavone, even if Francesca was the defending finalist.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #10
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin white View Post
yeah i agree! pretty poor coverage!i was sure channel 7's coverage the last few years went till at least 530.
well look at the tv guide for tomorrow & even tuesday, wednesday, thursday & friday cause guess what time the coverage goes till (finishes) - 5:00pm where they show M.A.S.H & Deal or No Deal between 5:00pm-6:00pm & i mean ppl only get to see tennis in australia once a year & i mean you can see M.A.S.H. & Deal or No Deal another time for gods sake.

this is just pathetic from channel seven
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #11
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Joeanna Griggs pains me too... She's effing everywhere, Im waiting for her to pop out of the bloody toilet when I pull the lid up.

Channel seven need to pull their finger out. There's seriously no point on paying that much money for something they're going to show so little of. And come on, the Adelaide event is so lame... I actually think that the ABC have the best tennis coverage, they have the masters for the men, Hopmen Cup and have previously picked up the French Open highlights when channel 9 ditched it completely.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #12
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
I think that Australian Open is done well, just the Sydney tournament sucks!
agree with you there!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #13
country flag Привет

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyskinaManiac View Post
Joeanna Griggs pains me too... She's effing everywhere, Im waiting for her to pop out of the bloody toilet when I pull the lid up.

Channel seven need to pull their finger out. There's seriously no point on paying that much money for something they're going to show so little of. And come on, the Adelaide event is so lame... I actually think that the ABC have the best tennis coverage, they have the masters for the men, Hopmen Cup and have previously picked up the French Open highlights when channel 9 ditched it completely.
Johanna sure does get around!
I haven't noticed French Open highlights for a few years, I think that was a one off. The Adelaide event had an Aussie guy in the final, who wasn't *shock*horror* Lleyton Hewitt, so they had to show that, only God knows how long it will be before an Australian man reaches the final of anything.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #14
country flag miss_molik

miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future

Yeah, i'm hoping they will do better during the week. Even though it won't matter because i will be out there, but hopefull they will atleast show the good matches. Not showing hantuchova vs. vaidisova was a big no-no
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:36 AM   #15
country flag Josh.
Jumpin' on

Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute

oh this gave me this shits!! i come home from work expecting to see some good tennis, i turn on the telly and what do i see .. the big serving gooch!! they said it like every 5 minuets!!:O i was looking foward to the dani v nicole match (dispite the one sided scoreline ) but no they had to show the last 4 games of the li v francesca match..
channel 7 needs
Josh. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote