Lindsay Named to Fed Cup Team - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:53 AM   #1
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay Named to Fed Cup Team

It was announced this morning that she will be a part of the team and will be at the qualies against Israel.

What fantastic news!!
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:14 PM   #2
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
where was that announced...any links? great news though...she will be back!!

TOWER OF POWER 2006

Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:12 PM   #3
country flag Maajken
Miss Verstand

Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future
When is that being played?

Wonderful news! Now at least theyll win again

Och du håller så hårt och när längtan blir svår
Så är jag din, din, din att ta med
Att ta ut, att ta in i någonting nytt
Maajken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:15 PM   #4
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
Davenport, Seles head U.S. Fed Cup squad

June 19, 2002

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) -- Lindsay Davenport, who has missed all of this season with a knee injury, will return to action in a Fed Cup qualifying series against Israel next month.

Also chosen for the U.S. squad by captain Billie Jean King were fourth-ranked Monica Seles, top-ranked doubles player Lisa Raymond and Meghann Shaughnessy.

The United States will play Israel on hardcourts in Springfield, Mo., July 20-21, for the chance to rejoin the Fed Cup world group next year.

The Americans, who have won the cup a record 17 times, were eliminated from the top group by a first-round loss to Austria earlier this year in a series marked by King's dismissal of the team's top player, Jennifer Capriati, in a dispute over practice rules.

King said the best-of-five series against Israel was crucial for the United States.

``We have assembled a very talented group of Americans to compete against Israel in Springfield,'' she said.

Davenport finished last season ranked No. 1 on the WTA Tour after winning seven singles titles and two doubles championships with Raymond. Her agent said last week that Davenport would return to the tour at the Bank of the West tournament in Stanford, Calif., on July 22.

Seles has played Fed Cup for the United States each year since 1996. She has 53 career singles titles, including nine in Grand Slam events, and won the Madrid Open last month
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:22 PM   #5
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
LINDSAY IS REALLY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Lindsay!!!!!!

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #6
country flag Nikki
Team WTAworld

Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold
Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:57 AM   #7
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
let's go LINDSAY, let's go! bring some much needed victory to the US Fed Cup team!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:09 PM   #8
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
I saw that on BBC Ceefax last night and I was absolutely over the moon. Not long girls now before our QUEEN is back.

GO GO GO LINDSAY
Jan
Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote