~Ana's articles~ - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #916
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Nothing new i`m afraid
Ana won`t become a tennis coach when she retires ,she doesn`t see herself traveling all over the world again
These articles are from some serbian sport newspapers so they basically say the same thing we already read in English
For example they translated that quote where JJ was defending Ana
Same old ....just written in Serbian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #917
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
Nothing new i`m afraid
Ana won`t become a tennis coach when she retires ,she doesn`t see herself traveling all over the world again
These articles are from some serbian sport newspapers so they basically say the same thing we already read in English
For example they translated that quote where JJ was defending Ana
Same old ....just written in Serbian
Thanks Jelena!

I couldn't find the Q&A then..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #918
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Thanks Jelena!

I couldn't find the Q&A then..
Don`t worry
I must say i`m very embarrassed with serbian journalists
Every article is just copied from english one
How about writing something new
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #919
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
Don`t worry
I must say i`m very embarrassed with serbian journalists
Every article is just copied from english one
How about writing something new
Yes.. I thought they could have some inside info or something alike.

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #920
country flag gaviotabr

There is an interview with Ana on a swiss newspaper. It seems it's the first part of long interview they will publish a bit each day.

Quote:
Switzerland is beautiful''''
By Svenja Mastroberardino
@ sport.ch

For tennis star Ana Ivanovic, the past season did not go as desired. In the first part of the great sport.ch interviews speaks residing in Basel Serbin about her life in Switzerland, the "Zolli", and the major injury concerns.

sport.ch: Ana Ivanovic, to temporarily reside in Switzerland. How do you like us?

Ana Ivanovic: Switzerland is a beautiful country with beautiful countryside. I like especially the lake in Zurich and Lausanne in the mountains - it is fun to train in these regions. I also like the quiet atmosphere that prevails in Switzerland and around the pleasant, respectful nature of man as with a. For me it's the perfect place to live.

Have you ever been in the Basel Zoo?

No, not yet! But it is funny that they just respond. I recently spoke with a friend about it. Normally it's a lot more sightseeing in cities other than in my hometown. But maybe I will stop by soon off operations in the''Zolli ", when a friend of mine to visit. Finally, I live very close.

Display

If you are in Basel, and have some free time. What do you do most?

I like it warm and happy to spend so much time from my apartment. Since my management in Basel, is from me and I meet with my manager, Dan Holzmann for dinner. There are some great restaurants with Italian and Swiss dishes that I like to visit, for example, the''Oliv.

If you already live in Switzerland, have you ever thought about applying for Swiss citizenship in order to then play for Switzerland in the Fedcup too?

No, I'm not worried about it.

They had to cancel its season because of''physical problems early. "What exactly they are prevented from playing the last few tournaments?

The cause was an infection of the upper airway during my stay in Asia. There was a virus that plagued me and forced me to call off the tournament in Beijing. But it was already the last event, which I had planned for the season finale in Doha, I was not qualified yes.

Recently you said that you were overtrained during the first months of last season. How did that happen?

I was just übermotiviert - I wanted to achieve at any price, my old form. For that I worked hard, probably too hard. In hindsight I would have to treat me more days off, because the regeneration is as important as the training and fitness.

They have changed their game in recent months. What exactly have you changed?

I had a tendonitis in his shoulder, which was very painful and forced me to adjust my fee motion. The move has given me much trouble at the beginning, but it was necessary so that my shoulder is not more affected. But I am confident that I can soon make the old service movement.

When the problem occurred for the first time?

That was after Wimbledon, I felt this pain for the first time I said before, it was necessary to make this adjustment. But I'm glad if I can pitch again''normal. "It is not so easy to change completely the whole thing.

By Svenja Mastroberardino

Note: See you tomorrow in the second part of the large sport.ch interviews like Ana Ivanovic on the comeback of Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin thinks, what players they privately understands best, and why the ladies in tennis does not enjoy the same status as the men.
http://www.sport.ch/sportch/generate...240900000.html

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #921
country flag gaviotabr

Another new interview with Ana, this time for Sports.ru(courtesy of google translator):

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: "Groeneveld knows me and my game better than anyone else"

In an exclusive interview for Sports.ru Ana Ivanovic talks about preparing for the new season, a wave of global problem, as well as favorite movies and why stopped reading Freud.

- Ana, if you are going to find a permanent coach or continue to work with the team of trainers Adidas?

- I am very pleased with the work of Sven Groenewold, which is part of Adidas Player Development Programme. With him, I'll work in the off-season. I think he knows me and my game better than anyone else, so his candidacy is best suited to bring me back to their former positions. Two years ago he helped me prepare for a great season, and it laid the foundation for a better year in my career. Therefore, I am sure of it.

- How do you celebrate your birthday?

- We had a great evening with my family and friends. Everything went quiet and peaceful. Last month in Belgrade, we had a big party for my brother Milos, who turned 18. There was a lot of fun: live music, a lot of people, and we had fun all night.

- How do you plan to spend the off-season? And when you start preparing for the new season?

- My vacation has ended. Due to the fact that I am not qualified for Doha, my off-season this year was longer than usual, so I started training much earlier. Gym, I took up in early November, and next week plan to return to training and play a game almost every day.

- Is there a global problem that you care about? And in general if you have interests other than tennis, and anything else associated with it?

- Yes, I have many hobbies outside of tennis! With regard to global problems, I am closest to the welfare of children in today's dangerous world, and because of her I became Ambassador to UNESCO. I love spending time with children, and very proud that I go to the Serbian program of "School without Violence". The information campaign is aimed at making schools safer.

- We know that you love intellectual literature - it helps to read such books during the tournament battles? Or interferes with, such as Jane Doe and Janko Tipsarevic stopped in time reading "The Idiot" Dostoevsky?

- I would say that the books that I read, and helped me, and prevented the same time! Some books, such as "The Book of the Warrior of Light Paulo Coelho has helped me in terms of psychological approach to tennis. But then a couple of years ago I began to read many books on psychology, particularly Freud's, and this has gone too far. I do not know what exactly happened with Tipsarevic, and Petrova, and I because of such books became too much to think, so stop reading them.

- People in Russia love and appreciate the films of former Yugoslavia. And you of him? Do you like film directors like Kusturica, Makaveev, Tanovich? What Serbian movie are you most excited? And what movies do you like?

- I also love movies - foreign and Serbian. I like the movies of Emir Kusturica, especially "Underground", which, in my opinion, received the Palme d'Or Cannes Film Festival. I think this film shows great Kusturica Serbs, and I love his black humor. There are two films, which have long been with me - "a false summer" Goran Paskaljevic and Lajanje na zvezde ( «Lai at the stars") Zdravko Comp, which I liked as a child.
http://www.sports.ru/tennis/48716460.html

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #922
country flag jelenacg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Another new interview with Ana, this time for Sports.ru(courtesy of google translator):

http://www.sports.ru/tennis/48716460.html
Thanks Izzy
Google translator I almost didn`t recognize those movies
It`s not `False summer` ,it`s called Elusive Summer of '68 (Varljivo Leto 68 ) and the second one is `Barking at the stars`(Lajanje na zvezde) not `Lai at the stars `
Both movies are comedies
I like her choices of the movies ,i adore both movies
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #923
country flag gaviotabr

Second part of the swiss newspaper interview (courtesy of google translator):

Quote:
"It is impossible not to think about tennis''

In the second part of the large sport.ch interviews Ana Ivanovic talks about the comeback of Clijsters and Henin, her best friends on the tour, and their chances in the near future to become the number one.

sport.ch: Ana Ivanovic, the women's tour does not enjoy the same attention as those of men. What do you think are the main reasons for this condition?

Ana Ivanovic: The question I have asked myself have never, since I do not follow what is reported in the media. But I am of the opinion that the women's tennis at the moment is extremely exciting. We have many great players in the top 10 and with the return of Kim (Clijsters, COR) and Justine (Henin, COR) to come back two flagships. There is currently a good mix between young and more experienced players. The upcoming season will be definitely very exciting!

Why are the players at the top are not the same constant as the masters?

I am not sure if this true. Take, for example, Serena Williams: She has been for years the front. The same applies to her sister Venus. But one reason could be in terms of consistency of impact: The men simply have a much stronger impact on whom they can rely on.

You mentioned earlier Clijsters and Henin. How do you think about this Combeacks? Is it good for women's tennis, so when returning successful players?

For tennis, it is super! Also for me personally it's a great thing, because they are both great champions. Moreover, I have not ever won against Kim or Justine and I am already looking forward to the challenge compete against them. With Kim, I understand very well and I personally think it's nice to meet her again more often.

Many professionals still reflect on the record that friendships among players occur only rarely. With whom do you understand best?

True, most are not exactly best friends, you spend the most time with their own team. When I arrived as a junior on the WTA Tour, I was expecting to close many new friendships. But I quickly learned that the tour is the most friendly environment. I understand myself well, but with many colleagues, Sorana Cirstea Maria Kirilenko, Sania Mirza and Svetlana Kuznetsova, I would call even as friends.

In the Swiss women is heating up, Timea Bacsinszky, recently won her first tournament. Do you know her personally?

Yes, but we do not know us too well. But she seems to be a nice girl, very friendly. When I played here in Switzerland, Inter Club, we are running the one time or another on the road.

What do you think about it in the future?

I played on the tour has never been against it, so I do not want to judge her game. But it would be natural for Swiss tennis great if they could continue to make such progress and win many tournaments.

When you have finished the season, you have said that they will return stronger than ever. How are you doing right now?

I have allowed myself a relaxing holiday and the beginning month, the fitness training resumed. Next week I will also take back every day for the club. The break has done me good and I look forward to working in the next few weeks hard on me to get time to start the season to be my best form.

How important was it to shut down after the rather disappointing season again?

Very important! During the season I had no time to do the right vacation. During the breaks I had to either use the time for physical therapy or fitness training. That I could do it right after all leave has felt pretty good.

Are you able during this pause, not to think about tennis?

No, it is impossible to get the head completely free, but I love the sport too much.

How realistic do you rate your chances of being number one again soon?

This will always be my goal! But I think right now more inclined to win more Grand Slam tournaments, instead of me a position as a ranked set goal. The ranking comes automatically when you play well.
http://www.topsport.com/sportch/gene...249500000.html

Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM   #924
country flag gaviotabr

So.. Sven is leaving soon for Australia. I suppose this short interview was made yesterday at the Wheelchair Masters. I hope he means he is leaving today or tomorrow, so Ana can start practicing tennis ASAP.

Courtesy of google translator:

Quote:
Groeneveld is patching Ivanovic
By: Geert Jan Hahn
Published: Today 08:29
Update: Today 08:49

Former world number one Ana Ivanovic will again cooperate with the Dutch tennis coach Sven Groeneveld.

"I am leaving soon for Australia to Ana to prepare for the Australian Open," said Groeneveld.
The two previously worked together, and with success. In 2008 the Serb won Roland Garros and she was twelve weeks long top of the world. Groeneveld: "The first time a pupil of mine at number one came to assist."

The 22-year-old Ivanovic is lyrical about the Dutchman. In a Russian sports newspaper let it know to look for the new season after a disappointing year in which they achieved success and not from the top ten fell. "When I think back to our previous collaboration, I have already in effect."

Groeneveld laughs: "Fine words. The feeling is entirely mutual. "
http://www.depers.nl/sport/355094/Gr...-oplappen.html

Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #925
country flag gaviotabr

This is the adidas press release on Ana's new outfit for 2010.

Quote:
adidas Tennis unveils the SS10 adilibria dress with Ana Ivanovic

Herzogenaurach, November 23rd, 2009 - Ana Ivanovic will make a much welcomed comeback to the tennis tour in January 2010 in a fresh new adlibria Tennis look. The 22-year-old Serbian will step on the southern hemisphere courts in a core yellow, dropped waist dress that has been 18 months in the making.

Ana’s feedback was instrumental in the finished design of this fusion piece with the request for a deeper neckline, close body fit, dropped waist and side pleats skirt detail all fulfilled by the adidas Tennis design team.

The former French Open Champion says, “I love the new dress for SS10. The colours are really bright and refreshing and the skirt pleats add a cute feminine touch. It feels very comfortable and I’m looking forward to wearing it in Australia.”

The adilibria dress is accompanied by a separate bra top and boy short in black to match the dress trimming, while Ana will also sport her trademark adidas visor during her day matches.

Ana’s dress in SS10 is made from 100% recycled PES (polyester) and is part of the adidas sustainable Better Place range making it a must-have piece for all eco-friendly tennis players worldwide. ClimaCool® moisture management technology is included in the upper back and neck area to keep Ana’s body at its optimum playing temperature no matter how the sun gets down under.

“It’s great to have outfits that keep you cool throughout your matches especially in Australia where it is really hot. Thanks to the ClimaCool® technology this dress dries fast, and still feels light on your body even if you are in the third set and sweating a lot,” says Ana.

The biggest-selling tennis shoe in the world, the Barricade V, will be Ana’s footwear of choice as the new hardcourt season gets underway, with phantom black and core yellow detailing complementing her adilibria apparel.

The adilibria tennis dress will retail worldwide at a RRP of €60 while the Barricade V is available at a RRP of €130.

For imagery download and further information please visit www.press.adidas.com or contact:
Linda Murphy
adidas Global PR Manager
Tel: +49 9132842651
Linda.Murphy@adidas.com
I wonder if they are planning on doing any annoucement on her contract renewal.

Old Nov 29th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #926
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

There is a small article about Ana in our paper again today. It shows a picture of her and Adam at a cafe, and talks a bit about them. Basically, it says they are staying at Sunshine beach (which, it should be said, I was staying at this time last year and the year before...but we didn't go this year ) It says they 'chatted, cuddled, ate and shopped together, and at one point compared left hands in matrimonial fashion, possibly sizing up engagement rings'
Also says they are staying at Sunshine Beach with Barbara Schett and Josh Eagle which is kind of cool.

I wish I had gone on holidays there again

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #927
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
There is a small article about Ana in our paper again today. It shows a picture of her and Adam at a cafe, and talks a bit about them. Basically, it says they are staying at Sunshine beach (which, it should be said, I was staying at this time last year and the year before...but we didn't go this year ) It says they 'chatted, cuddled, ate and shopped together, and at one point compared left hands in matrimonial fashion, possibly sizing up engagement rings'
Also says they are staying at Sunshine Beach with Barbara Schett and Josh Eagle which is kind of cool.

Interesting...that would actually impress me if he proposed to Ana...even if she said 'no'...or even if the impending matrimony derailed her desire to play tennis.What people overlook with these celebrity relationships is how pathetically EASY they are.When celebs see each other for an occasional weekend once every two months,it doesn't require any difficulty or emotional commitment.Just a couple nights of diversion sex(possibly some recreational drug use),staying at fancy hotels or wealthy friends' houses,eating at nice restaurants and visiting exotic vacation spots...not exactly emotionally taxing...and celebs just love these convenient relationships which cater to their lifestyles and allow them to have sporadic,discreet one-night sexual flings when their part-time bf or gf is busy with something on the other side of the globe.Heck,I can even tolerate an ENEMY for a couple days or so before we start fighting,so what Ana has now is a piece of cake;it's NOTHING like a REAL relationship/marriage where you have to spend time with someone under the same roof every day and deal with their personal struggles as their partner....If it WERE challenging,then our Sweet Ana wouldn't be able to handle it...as we've seen how immature she is and how unwilling to tolerate coaches or others who demand anything significant from her

However,marriage would signify at least a token,long-term commitment on Scott's part--especially since he made no effort to marry someone that he'd known for SEVEN YEARS...although,as we've learned,he and his p.r. team have cleverly downplayed the fact that he had several flings interspersed within that 7-year period...and,according to Midge,his gf did,too.He strikes me as the type who waits 'til he's in his mid-40s or '50s before he finally marries...when his looks start to fade and he begins to fear dying alone more....You see that with a LOT of pretty-boy male celebrities as they grow bald and wrinkled-skinned....Yet I'll tip my hat to him if he proposes to Ana...like I said,even if it leads to her retirement from tennis......Oh and,btw,Barbara Schett is still quite awesome in her 30s

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)

Last edited by bruce goose : Nov 29th, 2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: xx
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #928
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:

Hey! Is it the Brisbane Sunday Mail again? It's for me to look it up...

Ana is very good friends with Barbara Schett, and she already stayed at her house last year.

EDIT: I looked at every page of the newspaper and couldn't find it..

Last edited by gaviotabr : Nov 29th, 2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #929
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

It is in the Sunday Mail again, its not very big, the photo is bigger than the article

But its at the top of page 21, if you wanna look again.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #930
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
It is in the Sunday Mail again, its not very big, the photo is bigger than the article

But its at the top of page 21, if you wanna look again.

This is page 21 for me:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7548/noosa.jpg

Do you want to take a look at the web? Maybe you can spot it... But I think they jumped the page..