~Ana's articles~ - Page 269 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM   #4021
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
You shouldn't consider everything she says to the media to be totally honest. I doubt that she was happy with not being able to capitalize on her opportunities but she cannot give everything out. I'm sure there were some tears after this match.
This is something she's been saying for years, she always says she's playing better than in 2008. It's depressing. Some parts of her game have improved, but her biggest weapons were better. Does she ever watch her matches?
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM   #4022
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in Ana and her team, they know what they have to work on considering Ana will be a 26 yo player in a few months, so I am completely fine with this interview of her.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4023
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
This is something she's been saying for years, she always says she's playing better than in 2008. It's depressing. Some parts of her game have improved, but her biggest weapons were better. Does she ever watch her matches?
I know but it's only a media statement, hardly a totally honest reflection on her work. If she revealed what she really thinks it could work against her.
I once watched an interview with Hlavackova in which she said that players are keen to observe weaknesses of their rivals. Now imagine if she said it all in the interviews and everyone knew her weak spots. I mean, she must realise that her performance now is not like back in the day when she was winning big events.
I think that she's trying to get the big wins but the competition at the top is very tough . I bet she is sometimes going back to her old matches but I guess she has to consider which brand of tennis is now the right one for her. Maybe things which used to work in the past are no longer working now
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4024
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS WOMEN

February 20, 2013

Ana Ivanovic

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

P. KVITOVA/A. Ivanovic
7‑5, 7‑6

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. The start of the match was pretty tough. How did you get into the match? It seemed like you could adjust very well, especially in the return of serve.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think she started impeccable. There was not much I did wrong, but I thought it was a high quality match. Disappointed I didn't use some opportunities I had towards the end of both sets, but it was really close, which is good.
I thought I played quite good match. And she did, too. But, yeah, just few points here and there to decide it.

Q. The first set you managed to get back into it. Is it tougher on you to do a set like that after pushing like this?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, you know, I really tried to stay in the moment. Even though I had opportunities 5‑4, 40‑15 serving, when I came back, still, I tried not to get down on myself. I did that well, because that's something I have been working on and really try to leave it in the past, because at the end of the day whether you lose set 6‑Love or 6‑4 or 7‑6, it doesn't make a difference. It's only a set.
I really tried to start fresh from the second and I created some opportunities again. But, you know, like I said, she played well. She served big when she needed it.

Q. Your coach, you called him at 4‑1 in the first set. What did he say to you? I felt like you were playing more on the backhand side because she tends to do more...
ANA IVANOVIC: Actually it was more me talking. (Smiling.)
No, it was just about‑‑ you know, I felt like I wasn't moving really well. But she was just striking the ball so well it was hard to pick.
He said, You're not doing much wrong. Just stick to the game plan. Obviously I tried to do a little bit more of that. That was our game plan initially. But, you know, I start striking it a little bit better, and I was more behind the ball which made the big difference.

Q. Do you feel you're getting closer and closer? Seems like every week it's just the margin, it's getting better.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I have been working really hard. I'm just disappointed not to use some of the chances I had.
But I feel like I'm challenging top players week after week, and that's very, very important for me, so I really want to put my head down and try to work hard again and keep the same level, you know, hopefully break through soon.

Q. What's next now? Indian Wells and then Miami, I guess?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, exactly.

Q. Are you feeling physically well? A lot of the players are pulling out. How are you feeling? How is your shoulder?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it's been better today. You know, it's tough season. A lot of tennis, a lot of traveling, especially this first part. But just I think we're all trying to do our best and try to find balance between playing enough and not playing too much, you know, still having time to rest and recover.

Q. Serena said last week in Doha that some of Petra's shots, nobody on the WTA Tour could actually get them back, they're just too good, too clean, too hard. How good of a ball striker is she, in your opinion? How good a player is she when she's hitting winners?
ANA IVANOVIC: I agree with Serena. She's very clean striker of the ball, especially when the ball, she hits it in the sweet spot, it's very hard to pick where she's going to go. You sort of have to commit to one side. Especially coming off her racquet as a lefty, it makes a big difference because we don't face too many players that are left‑handed.

Q. Do you feel, since you were across the net from her, do you feel her level was getting close to how it was when she won Wimbledon, or is it tough for you to evaluate?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, last year we played twice, once in Fed Cup and once in Melbourne. I thought her level was actually higher than it was in Melbourne and also in Fed Cup. But at that time she was struggling with some illnesses.
I thought her level was actually higher than Melbourne last year.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86674

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #4025
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Ana could play exhibition against Sharapova in Bogota

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ten...bia_12631723-4

The world No.3 Maria Sharapova from Russia will play an exhibition in Bogota, Colombia on December 6 of 2013

Her posible opponent for Maria is Ana Ivanovic or Caroline Wozniacki but has not been confirmed.
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4026
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just find this link full of fresh "news" about Ana:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/ana-ivanovic

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4027
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
I'm just find this link full of fresh "news" about Ana:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/ana-ivanovic

Where have you found this?

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 44 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM   #4028
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ivanovic, la estrella perfecta
martes, 2 de abril de 2013
02 ABR
02:23
AM ET
por Juan Ignacio Ceballos

El carisma de Ivanovic cautiva en Monterrey
MONTERREY -- Ana Ivanovic sonríe, y se apodera de tu mirada. La serbia gana 6-0 y 6-0 en su debut en el Abierto de Monterrey, y se queda con tus aplausos. Y ya en la conferencia de prensa, hace su máximo esfuerzo para hablar en español y lo logra, y entonces no queda otra que aceptar que ella es una estrella casi perfecta. Solo le falta seguir ganando aquí en la capital regia, para que ya nadie más pueda librarse de sus encantos.

Ivanovic no es la tenista mejor rankeada en el torneo. Por encima de ella aparecen la alemana Angelique Kerber (6 del mundo, y quien venció por 6-3 6-3 a la estadounidense Samantha Crawford), la francesa Marion Bartoli (que hoy quedó eliminada) y la rusa Maria Kirilenko, otro sex symbol del WTA Tour. Pero la más seguida y perseguida por niños, jóvenes y adultos es la serbia.

Lejos. Fácil.

"¿Cómo aprendí a hablar español? En mi país solía ver telenovelas. Me acuerdo de dos: Kassandra y Esmeralda. Soy autodidacta, y así fui aprendiendo el sonido de las palabras. Me gusta mucho el idioma, y me gustaría poder hablarlo mucho mejor" contó Ivanovic en la conferencia de prensa post victoria. Lo hizo en inglés. Pero después cambió al castellano para hablar de lo bien que la han recibido aquí en tierras regias. Y hasta comparó las tradiciones serbias con las mexicanas.

"Lo que tenemos en común es que nos gusta disfrutar de las cosas. La gente aquí es relajada. Tienen linda música, linda comida, todo es similar a como nosotros somos en Serbia. Yo lo siento así", explicó Ana, quien ya tiene su lugar ganado en la historia del tenis: su título en Roland Garros 2008 y su ascenso al número uno del ranking mundial la ponen en un exclusivo grupo a las que pocas pertenecen.

El "star-power" que emana Ivanovic trasciende el 17º puesto del ranking mundial que actualmente ocupa. Tampoco se basa únicamente en su juego muchas veces lineal y explosivo, y en otras ocasiones errático hasta la exasperación. Y no se trata siquiera de una cuestión de belleza. Allí vale la comparación con Kirilenko: mientras la imperturbable Maria tiene una mirada amenazante, intimida con su estampa dentro del court, y fuera de la cancha dice que le gustan "los hombres duros" como su prometido, la estrella del hockey sobre hielo Alex Ovechkin, Ana es lo opuesto. Invita con sus gestos. Atrae con su actitud. Y aquí en Monterrey ha respondido a cada muestra de cariño con un autógrafo o una foto.

Si Kirilenko es Cruela, Ivanovic es Bambi.

"No sé cómo explicar lo que me pasa con la gente, que me muestra su afecto. Yo juego al tenis. Este es mi trabajo. Me gusta hacer otras cosas. Pero también soy una persona normal, que disfruta estar en pijama en su casa", explica Ana, antes de terminar la conferencia. Luego, se prestará a grabar cuatro, cinco y seis veces un promo en cámara, que servirá para invitar a la gente a ver el torneo.

Encanto. Magia. Eso es lo que tiene.

Hoy no le tocó cerrar la jornada en el court central del Abierto. El honor le correspondió a Kerber. A las 11:13pm, cuando la alemana selló su victoria, el estadio ya estaba medio vacío. Este miércoles, cuando sea Ana Ivanovic la estrella del partido nocturno, las tribunas estarán a reventar. Y el aliento irá seguramente para un solo lado: el de la chica que habla castellano, sonríe a cada paso, juega muy bien al tenis y ya ha conquistado a Monterrey.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blog...ballos&cc=7586

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4029
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

I am in love with how much the press and the people love her in Monterrey. She's just totally won them over, haha. I think the fact she's been trying to speak Spanish helps xD .. I haven't seen so much coverage and love for Ana in ages. It's just nice.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #4030
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't even try to understand what it's about but this cought my attention: "Si Kirilenko es Cruela, Ivanovic es Bambi." What? It doesn't mean what I think it means, does it?
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #4031
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

I speak Spanish fluently, I'll try to translate it later today.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
Tokyo
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #4032
Ana'sProcess

Just have in mind it might not be perfect translation. I hope it's gonna be fine enough to understand everything.

"Ivanovic, a perfect star

Ana Ivanovic smiles and attracts your view. She won her oppening match in Abierto Monterrey 60 60 and got your applause. During her press conference she tried really hard to speak Spanish and she managed to do that, so the one has to accept that she is almost perfect star. Now she just has to keep winning and no one will be able to ignore her perfection.

Ivanovic is not the best ranked player in Monterrey. Kerber, Bartoli and Kirilenko are better ranked. However, kids and young people follow Ana the most.

"I learned to speak Spanish by watching telenovelas in my country. I remember Kasandra and Esmeralda. I like the language very much and I wish I could speak much better", Ivanovic said on press conference after match. She said that on English, but later she changed to Castilian to tell how well received she is, here in royal lands. Then she even compared Serbian and Mexican tradition.

"What we have in common is enjoying in some things... People here are relaxed. They have nice music, nice food, everything here is similar to Serbia. I feel that.", said Ana who already has her place in tennis history: her Roland Garros 2008 title and #1 rankings put her in a place that only few were able to be.

Ivanovic surely should be ranked better than #17, which is her current ranking. Sometimes her game is explosive, but sometimes she makes so much errors... When it comes to beauty, she is often compared with Kirilenko: while Maria looks dangerous on court and says she likes mens with hard attitude, just like her fiancee, hockey star Alex Ovechkin, Ana seems different. She attracts with her gestures and attitude. Here in Monterrey she finds time for everyone to give autograph or take photo.

If Kirilenko is Cruella (I supose Cruella de Vil), than Ivanovic is Bambi.

"I play tennis. It is my job. I love to do other things too. I am also a normal person who loves to be in her pijamas, at home.", said Ana. After that, she worked on commercial to promote the tournament.

Magic. That's what she has."

Tokyo

Last edited by Ana'sProcess : Apr 3rd, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #4033
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

she watched Esmeralda... Well, who didn't

Thanks a lot

Last edited by LittlestThing : Apr 3rd, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM   #4034
Ana'sProcess

I prefered Kassandra.
Tokyo
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #4035
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...ons-ana-monica

Quote:
40 LOVE Inspirations: Ana & Monica

Tennis fans often live for their favorite player's matches, but sometimes their favorite player did the exact same for THEIR favorite player's matches. Who was Ana Ivanovic's inspiration?

Published April 12, 2013 12:00

MIAMI, FL, USA - Fans often live for their favorite player's matches, but sometimes their favorite player did the same for THEIR favorite player's matches. In 40 LOVE Inspirations, wtatennis.com hopes to bridge the generation gap between the current WTA stars and their own idols from years past.

In her WTA bio, Ana Ivanovic says she started playing tennis after watching it on TV, in particular Monica Seles - she then remembered the phone number to a local tennis school and begged her parents to take her. She got a racquet for her fifth birthday and immediately fell in love with the game.

Here's Ivanovic in her own words on her inspirations and more...

Your bio says you begged your parents to take you to a tennis school after watching it on TV. Was there a match that inspired you the most, and can you talk a little bit about that match?
"Unfortunately I can't really remember the matches from that time. My memory for details like that isn't so good. But I vividly remember being so young and seeing Monica for the first time and being fascinated by the new activity I was watching. It looked like so much fun and I had to try it."

"When I was a bit older I remember seeing some of Monica's great matches against Graf, and it was very special when she won the Australian Open after her comeback."

What was it about Monica Seles that inspired you?
"I loved her intensity and aggression: it seemed like she made every ball count. She always looked very focused, playing in the moment. I admired that a lot. And then she was always very gracious after a victory or a defeat. I learnt from her in this respect."

Were there any other WTA players who inspired you while you were growing up?
"Although I was a big fan of Monica I also enjoyed watching Graf, especially her forehand, because that has always been my best stroke too. I was very inspired by Agassi, on the guys' side."

You're one of 21 players who have been No.1 - do you ever feel the greatness of that?
"I often forget how few players have achieved this - it makes me very proud. Thank you for reminding me! It's a huge honor to be classed among these women and it's something I'll always be able to tell my family when I'm old."

The WTA is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year - how do you feel about the strength of women's tennis today, with record prize money, fans and tournaments all over the world now?
"I think these are great times for women's tennis: we got through the financial crisis very well and even continued to grow. We've had such strong sponsorship partners who have given us amazing support and we've seen a lot of changes in social media, which I think makes it more exciting for the fans.

"One of the best things of recent years is the fantastic new stadiums that have opened, like Perth, Beijing and Madrid. They are a joy to play in, and I'm honored to have been among the first to enjoy these facilities when they were brand new. And competition is very strong, always with 10 or so women capable of winning Grand Slams. It's a good time to play and a good time to follow women's tennis."
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote