~Ana's articles~ - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3976
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #3977
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

regular media outlets report about what people say on the internet, though usually about more serious topics. i was told myself my posts were cited on the national radio but that was about politics and what i was saying was on their forum. nevertheless, i'd say it's ok to report about what people say. however, it's not ok to report what trolls on this board say about anything, so
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #3978
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
regular media outlets report about what people say on the internet, though usually about more serious topics. i was told myself my posts were cited on the national radio but that was about politics and what i was saying was on their forum. nevertheless, i'd say it's ok to report about what people say. however, it's not ok to report what trolls on this board say about anything, so
It's fine if you use indirect speech, but to quote posts? It would've been better if they wrote something like: "Some concerned fans came to conclusion that she doesn't look healthy, but they also think that it's unrealistic to expect that Ana will gain a significant amount of weight during the off season. OTOH some other fans feel that the weight loss is just what she needed and that it helped her game because she moves much better etc. etc. What do you think?"

But quoting trolls?
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3979
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It's fine if you use indirect speech, but to quote posts? It would've been better if they wrote something like: "Some concerned fans came to conclusion that she doesn't look healthy, but they also think that it's unrealistic to expect that Ana will gain a significant amount of weight during the off season. OTOH some other fans feel that the weight loss is just what she needed and that it helped her game because she moves much better etc. etc. What do you think?"

But quoting trolls?
the word trolls is the key here. otherwise they should talk about the opinions of the people. all this would make sense in a different context, of course.

all i'm saying is, it's not funny that they are reading what people on this board say, just that they take it too seriously. or something.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #3980
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the word trolls is the key here. otherwise they should talk about the opinions of the people. all this would make sense in a different context, of course.

all i'm saying is, it's not funny that they are reading what people on this board say, just that they take it too seriously. or something.
I think that they are trolling actually... I mean, that comment on cheeseburgers? They can't be for real?
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #3981
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I think that they are trolling actually... I mean, that comment on cheeseburgers? They can't be for real?
yeah, that's also trolling. just like pelé is a major troll for saying neymar is better than messi. or supporting the german national team if you are austrian.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #3982
country flag Cajka

Quote:
yeah, that's also trolling. just like pelé is a major troll for saying neymar is better than messi. or supporting the german national team if you are austrian.
At this point, i don't know if anyone can be compared to Messi. He's something else. Pelé was great for sure, but you must remember what football was like in his era. The defense is now something else. It's like saying that Court was better than Serena.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #3983
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Cud do with a few more votes here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472108
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #3984
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecw View Post
Cud do with a few more votes here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472108
I don't want to live in a world where Vika is the most popular tennis player.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3985
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
I don't want to live in a world where Vika is the most popular tennis player.
Vika stays behind. It's between Ana and Kerber at the moment.
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #3986
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
TSS: Ivanovic and Djokovic the best in 2012

Top ranked Serbian tennis player Ana Ivanovic and one in the world Novak Djokovic were named in 2012. year, the choice of the Serbian Tennis Association (TSS)

In a ceremony at the Hyatt for the best coach was named coach of the Fed Cup selection Dejan Vranes, Red Star is the best team and the best judge Nemanja Radic.

TSS-President Vuk Jeremic said that at the end of the year was great for Serbian tennis, and the sport has become "the most powerful weapon for the promotion of our country in the world."

"This is a special evening for Serbian tennis, but for me, because I am here for the first time as the president of alliances. Previous year was great, both for our tennis, and for the promotion of our country. Serbia is at the forefront of the United Nations, which makes it very visible in the world, but thanks to the success of players it is even more apparent. should be proud of the results, we have the best in the world, great tennis players, hopefully soon, some new champions, "said the minister, noting the significant jubilee - 90 years since the establishment of alliances.

Youth and Sports Minister Alisa Maric said that tennis is on the pedestal of Serbian sports, and it fully deserved, thanks to their results.

"When I started chess career, I met Monica Seles, who then began his great career., And I even played with it. Chess in tennis and it is always important to find an opponent to measure. Later I watched the matches in Belgrade tennis players, then there were not many people in the stands, but now things have changed, tennis is the rightful pedestal Serbian spoprta. Hopefully in the future it will record even better results, "said Gretel.

Award "Pride of the nation" for the greatest achievement in the field of sports results in the history of TSS is awarded to Monica Seles, Slobodan Stojkovic, Nenad Zimonjic, Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic, the tennis players who were the first of his career on the ATP or WTA rankings in singles or doubles.

Radmila Armenulic, Genčić Helen and Nikola Spear was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award.

For best juniors were named Nina Stojanovic and Laszlo ĐERI (18 years), and Ivana and Peter Jorović Čonkić (under 16 years).

In the competition to 14 years are the best Nikolina Jovic and Momir Kecmanović, while Jovana Vukovic and Bodin Žarković best among 12-year olds.

Were awarded and two journalists specialized in tennis - Vojin Velickovic Journal of Sport and Milan Boskovic from B92.

The award for overall contribution to the field of sports, for individuals and organizations who, through their actions helped to TSS at the top of the pyramid is the most successful Alliance in Serbia is given: tennis clubs Red Star, Partizan, Vojvodina, Spartak Subotica, Nis Workers and Palic, Ministry youth and Sports Secretariat for sports and Youth of Belgrade, RTS, Telekom Serbia, Gemaks, Serbia Open, the Davis Cup team, the Fed Cup team, the NIS to Gazprom, "Kombank Arena" Imlek, Aleksandar Popovic (oldest live Davis Cup player ), Ivku Plecevic Janko Tipsarevic, Dusan Vemic, Viktor Troicki, Boris Pashanski, Nebojsa Djordjevic, Maja Djukic, Dragan Zaric, Tatiana Jecmenica, Katarina Misic, Timotić Ani, Alexandra Krunic and Bojana Jovanovski.
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/225539/TS...-u-2012-godini
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #3987
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Earlier this month Ana gave an interview to the newly redesigned WTA website, about her off-season training:

Hopefully you managed to take some time off and relax once the season ended. Where did you go for your holiday this year?
I was planning on going to New York with my brother Milos, Sorana Cirstea and a family friend of ours. Obviously the weather was catastrophic, so we cancelled that plan. Instead Sorana and I visited Milos in London for a few days. I also spent a lot of time visiting my parents’ in Belgrade. And prior to the Fed Cup Final I visited Milan.

Why is pre-season training so important for a tennis player?

Simply, it has the potential to set you up for the year ahead. When I look back at the most successful years of my career, they always followed a good preparation period. On the other hand, I’ve struggled a little bit when my off-season wasn’t so good.

What types of training have you been doing off the court? Anything new compared with previous years?

I have been working with a new fitness trainer, so his methods are a little bit different to those I’ve worked with in the past, and that’s a good thing because it makes things more interesting.

Tennis-wise, Nigel is such a knowledgeable coach and is all the time thinking of ways to improve my tennis, and to iron out the creases. Although we’ve worked a lot on my serve, it’s mainly small things that we’ve been looking at, rather than anything major. I feel like my tennis is there and I need to be more consistent and believe in myself more, and I can have a great year.

Are you working with the same coaching/fitness team next season or any changes?

I’ve been working with Nigel Sears for a year-and-half now. I started working with my fitness trainer earlier this year, but this was our first off-season together. I also have a new physio, who will come with me to Australia. I think it’s important to have someone who knows your body well, to travel to the major tournaments.

Joe Sirianni is a great hitting partner and he’s been working with us in Dubai. He will also come to Australia and hit with me in Perth and Melbourne.

The first Grand Slam of the year isn’t far away – do you have any special memories of Melbourne? Or is there anything you particularly look forward to about that time of year and the Australian Open?
For sure – it’s my favourite tournament really, along with the French Open. It’s always been a very special tournament for me, and a special place, because I have family in Melbourne. Now that I’m older my parents travel with me a little less, but they still come to Australia – they know the good tournaments! So I will have a lot of family around this year and I love that. We always have a traditional Serbian barbecue at my uncle’s house after the tournament.

I can’t think of a better place to be than Australia in January. It’s a beautiful part of the world, the people are wonderful, they’re on holiday and they love sport. It doesn’t get much better.
http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...aining-feature
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #3988
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!! Hopefully the physio, fitness trainer and hitting partner will stay on past January. She needs a stable team in place and not just Nigel!

doni1212 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #3989
country flag Iva87

Quote:
Serbian tennis ace Ana Ivanovic ready to sizzle at Hopman Cup in Perth

GLAMOROUS Serbian Ana Ivanovic has set her sights on breaking back into the world's top 10 next year, but first she wants to make amends at Perth's Hopman Cup.

The former world No.1 joined forces with Novak Djokovic to reach the Hopman Cup final two years ago, but the pair had to forfeit after Ivanovic was struck down with a stomach strain on the eve of the decider.

Ivanovic will again link up with world No.1 Djokovic for the $1 million mixed-teams event, starting on Saturday, and the 25-year-old is desperate to go all the way this time around.

"We were so close and it was a big disappointment the way it ended last time," Ivanovic said today.

"I felt so bad, and for Novak too, so I really hope this year we can put it together and go all the way."

Ivanovic is ranked 13th in the world after a consistent year in which she reached the quarter-finals of the US Open, the fourth round at Wimbledon and the Australian Open, and the third round of the French Open.

But Ivanovic knows she has to start regularly beating the world's best players if she is to add to her 2008 French Open success.

"I definitely want to get back to top 10. That was my goal for this year and I was very close," Ivanovic said.

"So I hope I can break that next year and put myself in a position to get far in the big events.

"There were a few girls who dominated this year.

"I put myself in a position to play against the top players. I really couldn't make that break (of beating them), but that's a big goal for next year.

"I have to keep working hard and believing, and that's what it comes down to."

Serbia have been handed the top seeding for the 25th edition of the Hopman Cup, but they will face stiff competition from the US, who boast seven-times grand-slam winner Venus Williams and world No.14 John Isner.

No.8 seeds Australia will be represented by Bernard Tomic and 16-year-old Ashleigh Barty, who was called up after Casey Dellacqua failed to recover from a recent foot injury.

Ivanovic arrived in Perth last week, and said she found it tough training in 39.6C heat on Christmas Day.

"I was putting my head in an ice bucket," she said with a laugh.

And with temperatures of 41C forecast for the first two days of the tournament, Ivanovic was glad the $550 million Perth Arena had the option of closing the roof under the heat policy.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226543680136

Last edited by Iva87 : Dec 26th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3990
country flag Sinead94

Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all Sinead94 is a name known to all

Hi everybody,

I'm a new member. Personally I like Ana, but I don't think she will comeback at her best. I can see her be a solid top 20-30 players but no more. She doesn't seem to be focused enough on the sport for that, since she first fell from the top 10, I feel like I've been hearing her say the exact same things for years. " I feel stronger... everything is going fine... I'm preparing to be able to beat the top players."
But as a matter of fact, nothing realy changed. Sure 2012 was good in terms of rankings and she did fine in the Grand Schelem but most of the time she didn't face big players.
And also I don't think she is quite ready to change her ways, a good exemple is her weight. I know it's a big debate but you can't deny that she lost an enormous amount of weight since 2008 and it isn't helping her. Physically she doesn't seem very strong anymore, her movement are ok but she isn't resistant and she lost lot of strenght in her shots. Yet she doesn't want to gain weight and you can't say she lost the weight because she does lot of sports. Look at other players like Sharapova, Wozniacki, etc... they practice as much yet they aren't thin. She just prefer to look that way.

I think Ana's main problem is mental, I don't know if she need a psy, another coach or just someone she trust to talk to her, but anyway as long as she doesn't get stronger mentally, she'll always stay a one time slam winner, a good player ( which is pretty good actually) but not an amazing player that can be remembered.

I know it's a bit harsh but that the way I feel, and maybe in 2013 she'll surprise me.
Sinead94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote