~Ana's articles~ - Page 265 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #3961
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

That's some good news.. hopefully she does focus on fitness.. and hopefully she hires this guy full time. I don't think working on this just the off season will make that much of a difference, it has to be a permanent thing.. but either way seems better than the past off season.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #3962
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ana, the beautiful tennis player arrives at Malpensa
Posted on November 29, 2012 by admin
Ana Ivanovic has landed this morning at Malpensa airport. The former world No. 1 will participate in the Grand Challenge on December 1 at the Forum of Assago.
It will give a few days of relaxation and shopping area, before World Challenge that will star along with another great tennis, Maria Sharapova. The two tennis players compete on the field of Mediolanum Forum in Assago the Italian pair of Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci. Ana Ivanovic is back to play at a high level after a difficult period, ending the year at the 13th position in the world ranking female.
http://www.malpensanews.it/?p=2763

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #3963
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Tennishead magazine

Quote:
The new issue of British tennis magazine tennishead includes a lengthy feature about Ana, focusing on her partnership with coach Nigel Sears.

The following is a reproduction of the story by Paul Newman:

Dream Team

British coach Nigel Sears has helped Ana Ivanovic rediscover her best tennis in 2012. They make the perfect unit, says the Serb

Her season did not finish the way she would have wanted, with Serbia losing to the Czech Republic in the Fed Cup final, but it has still been a memorable year for Ana Ivanovic. After repeatedly struggling to live up to the promise of her 2008 French Open victory, the 25-year-old Serb finished 2012 at No.13 in the world rankings, her highest year-end position for four years, and enjoyed her best season in Grand Slam competition since her Roland Garros triumph. Most importantly of all, she has at last found a coach, Nigel Sears, who she believes can take her back among the world’s elite.

Ivanovic appeared to have the world at her feet when she won the French Open and subsequently became No.1 in the world. However, her results in Grand Slam tournaments tell the story of her subsequent decline. Until this year’s US Open, Ivanovic had failed to reach the quarter-finals of 17 successive Grand Slam tournaments, suffering four first-round defeats along the way and losing to unheralded opponents like Ekaterina Makarova, Kateryna Bondarenko and Johanna Larsson. In the spring of 2010 she even dropped out of the world’s top 50, less than two years after topping the rankings. Injuries played a part, but what appeared to be at the root of Ivanovic’s problems was her failure to find the right coach. Until linking up with Sears, she had worked with five different coaches since starting out on the women’s tour, not counting the adidas personnel to whom she kept returning on a temporary basis when she found herself working on her own again.

“I made some choices that weren’t right in the past,” Ivanovic admits. “It cost me in terms of my confidence and everything. But I think that some things happen for a reason and I think it was my fault as much as someone else’s. I’m just happy now that I’ve found the right person and that I didn’t give up, because it has been hard at times.”

Sears was head coach of women’s tennis at the Lawn Tennis Association in London when Ivanovic approached him in the summer of 2011. He first made a name for himself coaching some of Britain’s leading men, including Jeremy Bates and Mark Petchey, but in more recent times he has worked almost exclusively with women. He coached Amanda Coezter and Daniela Hantuchova and then spent five years at the LTA, where he helped a succession of British women to make their mark on the international stage.

Given her track record in terms of coaches, you might think Ivanovic was a difficult player to work with, someone who always blames others when things are going wrong. However, the description could not be further from the truth. The Serb is one of the sweetest natured players on the women’s tour and seems to have a smile and a kind word for everyone. She admits, nevertheless, that she has felt uncomfortable with the intensity of her relationships with some of her coaches in the past. The itinerant nature of professional tennis means that players and coaches often spend many hours a day in each other’s company, which can put major pressures on both parties.

“Our job is quite strange in that we hire a coach and therefore we’re the boss,” Ivanovic said. “But coaches tell us what to do and I think some [male] coaches might struggle with the idea of a girl being the boss and telling them: ‘I don’t want to see you now. I want to have some time to myself.’ So many coaches try to hold on and are too controlling – and that doesn’t make for a healthy relationship. That’s why I think you find a big difference in the relationship between men and their coaches and between women and their coaches.”

When Ivanovic played at last year’s Hopman Cup in Perth alongside Novak Djokovic she looked with envy at her fellow Serb’s relationship with his entourage. “I saw how much fun they have and how relaxed they are,” she said. “That’s always something that’s going to help you perform better because you’re in a positive environment. Girls are a little bit different to guys. We are so much more stressed about everything. It was such a nice thing to see. I was thinking: ‘Why can’t I do that within my team?’”

Both Sears and Ivanovic think it helps that he has a daughter – Kim, Andy Murray’s long-term girlfriend of the same age. “We have a good professional working relationship and we give each other some space,” Sears said. “I’ve learned over the years that this is a healthy thing.”

Ivanovic agrees. “I think it’s very important to keep some distance, so that once you go on the court you can become more professional,” she said. “He really respects it if I want to spend time with my friends and don’t want to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with him. There are times when the only people you spend time with are the people in your team. That’s hard, because I think: ‘I’m a girl. I want to hang out with other girls. I just want to be a normal young woman.’”

Sears says that “every day is different” with women players. “More than anything, you’re dealing with a greater swing of emotions,” he said when asked to compare working with men and women. “You also have to figure out what women respond to and perhaps be a little bit more sensitive than you would be when dealing with men. You can probably afford to be a little bit more direct with the men in terms of communication. I think you have to practise your listening skills with women. I’m really happy that I’m now working at a time when I’ve had a lot of experience. Believe me, I draw on that experience every day.”

The Briton, nevertheless, is not the sort to hold back in his criticism, which is fine by Ivanovic. “Most of the coaches just tell you: ‘No, no, you’re doing well. This is fine,’” she said. “But I actually want someone who will tell me what I didn’t do right, so that I can improve. Sometimes it’s important to lie a bit and build up a player’s confidence, but at other times you want to hear the truth.” Can Sears be quite hard in his comments? “Yes – and sometimes it upsets me,” Ivanovic said. “But I think it’s better that way because it pushes me to improve. And as much as I’m a perfectionist, he’s a perfectionist too. He’s always trying to make me better – and that’s the only way to work.”

Ivanovic’s British connections do not end with Sears. She has been a frequent visitor to London to see her brother, Milos, who has been studying there, and to consult Mark Bender, a physiotherapist who worked with her at three of this year’s Grand Slam tournaments. She has also trained at the National Tennis Centre at Roehampton. The director of her management company is another Briton, Gavin Versi, who is a former freelance journalist.

Joseph Sirianni, a former top 200 player from Australia, has joined her team as a hitting partner at several tournaments this year and she hopes to use him more in 2013. Ivanovic is spending most of the off season training in Dubai before heading to the Hopman Cup in Perth, which will be her only tournament before the Australian Open.

Players of Ivanovic’s stature tend to judge themselves on their results in the biggest events and it has been her performances at Grand Slam level this year that offer her the greatest encouragement for the future. Having reached the fourth round at both the Australian Open and Wimbledon and the third round at the French Open, Ivanovic played in her first Grand Slam quarter-final for four years at the US Open before losing to the eventual champion, Serena Williams.

“Nigel and I have worked very well this year,” she said. “I’ve made good progress, as shown by my improvement in ranking. Perhaps more importantly, I was able to finally reach a Grand Slam quarter-final after so long. I feel like I’m well-placed to achieve my goal of getting back to the top 10 early next year, then see how far I can go. Next year I’m looking for greater consistency. I feel like I played some great matches this year, for example against [Caroline] Wozniacki in Indian Wells, but I also had some disappointing results. But I’m definitely moving in the right direction and I’m close to the top 10. Unfortunately I didn’t win a WTA title, but on the other hand we enjoyed a lot of success in the Fed Cup.”

Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic were the inspiration as Serbia reached their first Fed Cup final. In the end they fell just short of emulating the Davis Cup feats of Djokovic and company two years earlier, but Ivanovic, whose preparations had been disrupted by a hip injury suffered the previous month in Moscow, had the satisfaction of keeping the final alive on the second day in Prague with her victory over the home favourite, Petra Kvitova. It was the sort of win that Ivanovic used to enjoy regularly, for she was no one-hit wonder: in the five Grand Slam tournaments from the French Open of 2007 to Roland Garros in 2008 Ivanovic reached three finals, one semi-final and one fourth round.

Does her coach believe she can rescale those heights? Sears is too wise an owl to burden his player with any such expectations. “I stay away from that kind of question,” he said. “You just focus on getting better every day. She’s already been world No.1. She’s already won the French Open. If she just concentrates on getting better and reminds herself that she is that kind of level, then you have a lot more chance of achieving those things again. Firstly you have to see the ranking go up. You have to have wins registered against other top players. And she’s starting to do that again. Then you have to find yourself in the top 10 and in the second week of Slams regularly before you can start talking about winning them.”

Last edited by Iva87 : Nov 30th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #3964
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...ishead-feature
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #3965
country flag Iva87

Quote:
Tennis - "I prefer to Ana Ivanovic" word of Armani

The designer votes for his favorite occasion of "The Great Challenge" which was held at the Forum of Assago. This is the Serbian tennis player who beats the other by grace, style and elegance
Eurosport - 18 hours ago

The season formidable Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani has received a well-deserved tribute to the public the Assago Forum, where the two blue defied Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova in the second edition of "The Great Challenge".

The 10,000 spectators in the arena Milan was greeted with a roar down the field in the two champions who have lit up the 2012 Italian tennis: the eyes of the president Angelo Binaghi Fit and Lea hazards, the Taranto and the Adriatic marched in the company of Serbian and Russian for the presentation ceremony.

On the sidelines, Giorgio Armani has carefully observed the meetings. Friday the Milanese designer had taken in his studio the four stars of tennis, to the delight of the paparazzi. When asked an opinion on tennis players took the field, the designer has no doubt spurred, do not hesitate. "Habit queen, an innate elegance, choose Ivanovic." Grace, style and elegance above all: "No, no fights," a word of Armani.
http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/notizi...155054534.html
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #3966
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Every single anchitard who hasn't goodrepped Iva at least once already should be ashamed. Good reps for Iva, please, everyone.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #3967
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

I will good rep her here then.

I really do appreciate your dedication and your time for giving us great pics, articles of whats happening with Ana, this is coming from a long time fan.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #3968
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Ana will attend the ninth Dubai International Film Festival(DIFF).

According to AME Info: "Dubai International Film Festival 2012 rolls out red carpet for thrilling week of film"...

" Celebrities expected on the red carpet tomorrow night include Cate Blanchett, Suraj Sharma, Adil Hussain,Freida Pinto, Michael Apted and Ana Ivanovic..."

The opening red carpet and ceremony of the festival will be telecast live on You Tube.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #3969
country flag Iva87

Quote:
Following her recent visit to Milan to take part in an exhibition, Ana was this week interviewed by popular Italian website ilsussidiario.net.

The following is a transcript of the question-and-answer session:

Did you enjoy the Big Challenge and your time in Milan?
I had a great time. I haven’t played many exhibitions, especially not in the past few years, so I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to be on the court, competing but with no pressure at all – it’s all for fun. The event was very well-organized and I think everyone enjoyed it. Visiting the Armani residence and meeting Giorgio was a highlight of the trip.

I had wanted to visit Milan for a very long time. Funnily enough, I visited about one month before the exhibition, before I went to Prague for the Fed Cup, so I waited many years to visit and then I visited twice in the same month!

What do you think about Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci on and off court?
They’re very nice girls. Roberta especially is always smiling. They’re fun people and they made the exhibition even more enjoyable.

On the court, I’ve had some battles with both, especially against Sara at the French Open this year. It was a frustrating match for me, but she was in awesome form and had an amazing tournament.

Roberta and I have played each other many times and always on hard courts it seems. We usually have tough matches and it was no different in Milan.

The life of a tennis player is pretty frantic. How can you overcome the stress of such a full schedule?
It is intense and there are many obligations away from the court. Sometimes it can be stressful, but it’s important to manage your schedule well. I am fortunate to receive great support from my team, including my family. They help me to stay grounded, and my management does a good job of helping me manage my time. It’s also important to take a few days off to de-stress once in a while, and actually that’s why I went to Milan before the Fed Cup, to relax and enjoy some time with family and friends.

What do you think about your last season? Are you satisfied with your results?
It was a good season overall. I think anytime you rise from 22 in the rankings to 13, you can’t really complain. I was hoping to reach the top 10 but I feel like I’ve made progress and I’m moving in the right direction. I’m well placed to enter the top 10 next season. Even more importantly, I reached my first Grand Slam quarter-final in a long time. That was an important step, and I hope to do even better in the big tournaments next year.

You were world No.1; in 2008 you won a Slam title, and now you're coming back to the top. What do you think you're still missing to win a Slam again?

Consistency is a big factor. Last season I played a few great matches, but it was too infrequent. I need to be producing my best tennis on a more regular basis. Confidence is important too: sometimes you can get on a roll, and the wins just keep coming. That’s been the case for me before, and I want to achieve that again next season.

Have you fixed specific goals for the tournaments you're going to play in next year?
For sure reaching the top 10 is a big goal of mine, and to actually finish in the top 8 so that I qualify for the WTA Championships. I prefer not to set specific goals for each tournament, because that adds pressure. Instead, I concentrate on improving each day, and if I keep improving, so will my results and ranking.
http://www.ilsussidiario.net/mobile/...usiva-/344984/

Last edited by Iva87 : Dec 10th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #3970
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.blic.rs/Zabava/Vesti/3572...film-festivala

Stunning Ana at Dubai Film festival. She looks like Miss Universe delegate and yes, she gained few kilos.

Last edited by Ana'sProcess : Dec 10th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3971
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Some Swiss tabloid whine about Ana's weight:

http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/gro...id2132159.html

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #3972
country flag Iva87

Quote:
It will not be like Angelina

Ana Ivanovic, some want to admit it or not, it looks better than ever! While it is evident that the best Serbian tennis player has lost a few pounds, the recent opening of the Dubai Film Festival Anci simply blew and movie stars who have appeared there, and showed that he is still the most beautiful tennis player in the world.

However, many fans around the world Anini led to a very serious discussion visited sites "tennisforum.com" about it - why lost weight in the past few months. While some thought it was a vitamin deficiency or a strict diet, others say it's just lacking that it becomes more attractive.

- It would be good to get two pounds and become stronger, but he does have a lot to do in preparation for the season. It is not realistic to expect that in a few weeks gets eight pounds and become Ana in 2008. year. They will have to find a nutritionist and fitness trainer - is considered one of the anxious fans, while another added that "as far as light as a twig, oduvaće the wind when it is played at Indian Wells."

Someone thinks that Anna has no more strength to hit the ball as well as ever, and others wonder - is it really that bad, if at all, so that trains could be in and out in the field.
- Her hands were at Angelina Jolie. It's not an athlete - went on with Ana's fan.
And was followed by a counter-argument.

- I love it and can not figure out the stupid statements like "the anorexic or sick." Brothers and sisters, if you think that an anorexic person can win the top 10 players, then ...

There were many who opposed the critics of Anna's new look.
- It looks nice, but a few months ago they said she was fat. * Is stupid onje never satisfied. It seems to me that does not look unhealthy - just one of the nearly 800 comments on "The dramatic weight loss Ana Ivanovic."
Individuals have realized that the "bad guys" only envy the beautiful Annie looks.

- Anu People criticize the weight and the fact that it looks better, and actually feel * the strengthening due to the condition of their body fat. Lose weight and grow up.
In the end, perhaps the best comment:
- Good. She needed to be removed from the burgers and fries.
http://www.alo.rs/sport/zanimljivost...-andelina/6561
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3973
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #3974
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG LOL
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3975
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Hit!
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote