~Ana's articles~ - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #3931
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
That's for sure. If she has to say things like: "I won't be playing tennis forever!", then there's something really wrong. Why would you even have to explain such things to a normal person in the first place. He knew what's her profession from the beginning, he should accept the terms. Maybe that's why she left him.
It's probably not a coincidence that both Ana and Maria are single at the moment. Wonder who will be the lucky guys to marry them eventually.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3932
country flag Tweedle

Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I don't want to defend Verdasco at all.. Who knows what happened? She did go from him to Adam in the blink of an eye though.. she was with Verdasco in Madrid on december 15th, and was pictured with Adam in Australia on december 27th. I'm sure Fernando wasn't perfect.. otherwise she wouldn't have set her eyes on another douche in such a short space of time.

I just think that part you bolded in the interview is a lot more about the douche golfer than about Verdasco. You have to agree her relationship with Adam was a lot more meaningful, a lot longer, she even gave that idiot another chance. I bet he is much more of a reference for saying its really hard to find good man who is supportive of her, than anyone else.
I'm not trying to say she wasn't talking about Adam. I was saying it sounds like from this quote that all her relationships were a disaster but the point I was trying to make is that it's hardly surprising given her choices. Even to the casual observer who knows none of them personally, Verdasco seems like a total "player" and I would never have had him down as solid, dependable marriage material( which is the kind of thing that she talks about a lot in her interviews, when asked about men) so I was saying anyone could have told her that wouldn't work Maybe I'm being unfair to Verdasco but he's had like 20 girlfriends since Ana and a lot more before so I don't think I am. Scott was probably a douche and I'm sure that relationship affected her a lot more(given the length and two attempts etc.) but that one wasn't as strange of a realationship to start as the Verdasco one imo, because he at least seems like less of a ladies man than Verdasco.

Ana listed in this interview all the things she's looking for in a man, and finished up by saying "and if he's tall and handsome too, then that's a bonus" basically. However, given her track record, I think she has been swayed by looks or surface charm first and then found the rest lacking when she dated these guys...

Last edited by Tweedle : Nov 20th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Tweedle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3933
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
I'm not trying to say she wasn't talking about Adam. I was saying it sounds like from this quote that all her relationships were a disaster but the point I was trying to make is that it's hardly surprising given her choices. Even to the casual observer who knows none of them personally, Verdasco seems like a total "player" and I would never have had him down as solid, dependable marriage material( which is the kind of thing that she talks about a lot in her interviews, when asked about men) so I was saying anyone could have told her that wouldn't work Maybe I'm being unfair to Verdasco but he's had like 20 girlfriends since Ana and a lot more before so I don't think I am. Scott was probably a douche and I'm sure that relationship affected her a lot more(given the length and two attempts etc.) but that one wasn't as strange of a realationship to start as the Verdasco one imo, because he at least seems like less of a ladies man than Verdasco.

Ana listed in this interview all the things she's looking for in a man, and finished up by saying "and if he's tall ans handsome too, then that's a bonus" basically. However, given her track record, I think she has been swayed by looks first and then found the rest lacking when she dated these guys...
Verdasco has had only one girlfriend since Ana (the model he is with to this day).. and he is as much of a ladies man as Adam is.. both have the fame that preceeds them.. that she gave the douche golfer another chance was the strangest thing and something anyone could've guessed would have had no future, only heartbreak. As it did.

Other than that.. yes, I agree with you. I'm even starting to think Ana has a thing for douches.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3934
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's for sure. If she has to say things like: "I won't be playing tennis forever!", then there's something really wrong. Why would you even have to explain such things to a normal person in the first place. He knew what's her profession from the beginning, he should accept the terms. Maybe that's why she left him.
Exactly.. and it was obvious all the time that he had no desire to support her or let go of anything for her, while she was more than willing to go walk the golf courses around the world. From this interview I'd even think he asked of her to go with him even knowing that she couldn't (that she had professional commitments), putting her in these awkward situations she had to choose.

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #3935
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly.. and it was obvious all the time that he had no desire to support her or let go of anything for her, while she was more than willing to go walk the golf courses around the world. From this interview I'd even think he asked of her to go with him even knowing that she couldn't (that she had professional commitments), putting her in these awkward situations she had to choose.
Yes.

"I will play tennis for couple of more years, it's not like i'm going to travel and play tennis forever...I am aware it is not easy to find and keep a man who will understand me. That's why i'm single."

It's clear why they broke up IMO. If she says "I'm not gonna travel and play tennis forever", "it is bot easy to find and keep a man who will understand me" and "That's why I'm single", it's clear the Adam was selfish and I'd dare to say abusive.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #3936
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Yes.

"I will play tennis for couple of more years, it's not like i'm going to travel and play tennis forever...I am aware it is not easy to find and keep a man who will understand me. That's why i'm single."

It's clear why they broke up IMO. If she says "I'm not gonna travel and play tennis forever", "it is bot easy to find and keep a man who will understand me" and "That's why I'm single", it's clear the Adam was selfish and I'd dare to say abusive.
I have the same impression..

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3937
country flag Tweedle

Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Verdasco has had only one girlfriend since Ana (the model he is with to this day).. and he is as much of a ladies man as Adam is.. both have the fame that preceeds them.. that she gave the douche golfer another chance was the strangest thing and something anyone could've guessed would have had no future, only heartbreak. As it did.

Other than that.. yes, I agree with you. I'm even starting to think Ana has a thing for douches.
Really? You sure? I don't follow him closely so I stand corrected but I thought there were photos of him posted on twitter etc. with different girlfriends over the last few years and that a couple of his fans had said the same but if not, my bad. My argument there is pretty pointless so

I think she just went back to Adam because she was at a low and really wanted a boyfriend but now she sees there's no point having a boyfriend just for the sake of it, so to speak. She said here that long distance relationship is easy if "mutual desire and will from both partners to stay in that relationship is there". So obviously the feelings weren't strong on one side or the other or else both, so best it was cut loose...eventually
Tweedle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3938
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Thanks ,girls.

I agree with you. Especially with Tweedle. I do believe Ana has been swayed by looks and charm of these men.

Her mother should have told her - there is no Prince charming on white horse...usually just a horse arrives.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3939
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Thanks ,girls.

I agree with you. Especially with Tweedle. I do believe Ana has been swayed by looks and charm of these men.

Her mother should have told her - there is no Prince charming on white horse...usually just a horse arrives.
When you're young, fool and in love, mom's advices don't work, unfortunately.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3940
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Thanks ,girls.

Hilariously true!

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #3941
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Really? You sure? I don't follow him closely so I stand corrected but I thought there were photos of him posted on twitter etc. with different girlfriends over the last few years and that a couple of his fans had said the same but if not, my bad. My argument there is pretty pointless so
Yes.. his first girlfriend since Ana is a model called Jarah Mariano.. he is with her to this day.. since 2010 I think. Not that I follow Verdasco all that much either.. but I have twitter friends who do, so something always ends up on my timeline. Of course he was with other women in that mean time.. But this one is the first girlfriend.

Quote:
I think she just went back to Adam because she was at a low and really wanted a boyfriend but now she sees there's no point having a boyfriend just for the sake of it, so to speak. She said here that long distance relationship is easy if "mutual desire and will from both partners to stay in that relationship is there". So obviously the feelings weren't strong on one side or the other or else both, so best it was cut loose...eventually
Yes, that was probably it... she probably saw he was a major douche that didn't support her one bit.

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #3942
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Ivanovic latest star set for Pattaya Open

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam
The Nation November 21, 2012 1:00 am
Former world No 1 Ana Ivanovic of Serbia will return early next year for the PTT Pattaya Open, at the Dusit Thani Hotel from January 27 to February 3.

The 2008 French Open champion made her first appearance at the resort city in 2011, losing to Italian Roberta Vinci in the quarter-finals.

Ivanovic, currently ranked No 13 in the world and an 11-time WTA title-winner, will be seeking her third trophy in Asia, having won twice in Bali.

The 2013 PTT Pattaya Open has moved to a new date, after the Australian Open, and increased prize money to US$235,000m. Awaiting the winner is a cheque for US$40,000 and 280 ranking points.

Another form player in Pattaya will be Maria Kirilenko of Russia. She reached the final of the Pattaya Open this year, losing narrowly to Daniela Hantuchova. She finished the 2012 season ranked No 14 in the world in singles and No 7 in doubles, partnering Nadia Petrova.

Two-time champion and crowd favourite Vera Zvonareva of Russia will be making her fifth-successive appearance in Pattaya. Her 2012 season was blighted by injury, which has kept her out of competition since Wimbledon.

But Zvonareva, Pattaya champ in 2009 and 2010, has returned to fitness and will be eager to complete a hat-trick of titles next year.

Also making a return is Sabine Lisicki of Germany. Like Zvonareva, her season was marred by injuries, yet despite the setbacks she ended 2012 ranked No 37 in the world on the back of good performances at Wimbledon, where she reached the quarter-finals, and a fourth-round spot at the Australian Open.

With the entry list not finalised until December 17, many more star players are expected at the Pattaya Open, which is celebrating its 22nd anniversary, making it one of the longest-running tournaments on the WTA calendar.

The 2013 PTT Pattaya Open will commence with the qualifying rounds on January 27 and 28, with the main-draw matches starting on January 28 from 3pm daily.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/spor...-30194751.html

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #3943
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i think people are a bit too harsh on verdasco. don't get me wrong, i think he is a douchebag but as a classic latino lover who gets girls too easily he is unable to gain proper boyfriend experience girls like him and he doesn't need to do much initially but keeping a girlfriend is another matter. such guys get dumped in most brutal ways and frequently for even greater douchebags. so, him bragging or not it was just a youth mistake by ana.

i don't need to say again what i think about adam.

ana should care only about tennis for now. but what she said in that interview just confirms what i've been feeling for much of the past 4 years, we care about her tennis career more than she does.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3944
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i think people are a bit too harsh on verdasco. don't get me wrong, i think he is a douchebag but as a classic latino lover who gets girls too easily he is unable to gain proper boyfriend experience girls like him and he doesn't need to do much initially but keeping a girlfriend is another matter. such guys get dumped in most brutal ways and frequently for even greater douchebags. so, him bragging or not it was just a youth mistake by ana.
It's easier to recognize that some latino or balkan lover is an immature douche, IMO. The problem is that Adam looks more mature, intelligent, eloquent and sophisticated than Verdasco. So, if he is a douchebag (as we assume), when he acts like a selfish and abusive idiot, it's easier for him to rationalize it, to make women believe that he's not an ass, which is more dangerous. Not to mention that he's older and more experienced than Ana, which is even easier for manipulating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
ana should care only about tennis for now.
If you were a 25 yo tennis player, would you give up on sex and women until you're retired? There can always be a balance, otherwise she won't be happy. If she can't focus on her tennis when she's in love, it will make her unhappy, bad results will make her unhappy. If she decides not to date anyone for the rest of career, is that a normal thing for a 25 yo woman?
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3945
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's easier to recognize that some latino or balkan lover is an immature douche, IMO. The problem is that Adam looks more mature, intelligent, eloquent and sophisticated than Verdasco. So, if he is a douchebag (as we assume), when he acts like a selfish and abusive idiot, it's easier for him to rationalize it, to make women believe that he's not an ass, which is more dangerous. Not to mention that he's older and more experienced than Ana, which is even easier for manipulating.

If you were a 25 yo tennis player, would you give up on sex and women until you're retired? There can always be a balance, otherwise she won't be happy. If she can't focus on her tennis when she's in love, it will make her unhappy, bad results will make her unhappy. If she decides not to date anyone for the rest of career, is that a normal thing for a 25 yo woman?
as a male if i felt i had the talent i'd actually give up on sex for being successful in a sport i'm not just saying it because i suck at sports and this is not a big question not saying that ana should, mind.

speaking of which, the increasingly more popular scientist of serbian origin, tesla, has always been like that. that's what we respect. we dislike the guys who get laid at every opportunity. hence verdasco and adam hate.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote