~Ana's articles~ - Page 254 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM   #3796
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: Kremlin Cup Vital Fed Cup Preperation

19:45 02/10/2012
MOSCOW, October 2 (RIA Novosti)

The Kremlin Cup will serve as vital preparation for the Fed Cup final for Ana Ivanovic, the Serbian tennis star said Tuesday.
Ivanovic is seeded fifth for this year's edition of the $740,000 hard court event, which starts in Moscow on October 17.
She spearheads the Serbian national team in the Fed Cup final in November, when Ivanovic and company will try to wrestle the title from defending champion the Czech Republic on the hard courts of Prague.
“It is a big tournament with strong opponents and this will be my last big tournament in the season before the Fed Cup final,” Ivanovic was quoted as saying by the Kremlin Cup website.
Sam Stosur, Sara Errani and Marion Bartoli head the seedings, with Maria Kirilenko at No. 4 the highest-ranked Russian in the tournament at the Olympiisky Sports Complex.
Ivanovic said that she was happy to return to Russia, where she has a lot of local fans.
“I’ve been receiving a lot of nice letters of support from Russian fans over the years. I’m looking forward to my visit.”
The former world No. 1 wasn’t entirely satisfied with her performance this season overall, despite reaching her first Grand Slam quarterfinal since 2008 at the U.S. Open in September.
“I wouldn’t say that I’m satisfied, but I see progress. I’m pretty close to the top 10, which was my goal at the start of the season,” Ivanovic said.
http://en.ria.ru/sports/20121002/176364151.html

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3797
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Google translation:

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: "I am looking forward to the visit to Moscow" 10/02/2012
- How do you assess the results of this season? Are you satisfied with their performance?
Ana Ivanovic: I would not say happy, but I have made. I'm pretty close to the top 10, and this was my goal at the start of the season. Now I work on myself and feel ready for the next season. Reach the quarterfinal of the tournament "Grand Slam" after a long time - this is a big step.

- What are your expectations before arriving in Moscow? What are the tasks you set for yourself for the upcoming tournament "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup"?
Ana Ivanovic: I have great memories from previous performances in Moscow for Fed Cup, so I hope I can use this positive energy in their performances on the court. This is a great tournament with strong opponents, and this will be my last big tournament of the season for the final of the Fed Cup.

- What is your association with the tournament, "Bank of Moscow Kremlin Cup"? Can you talk about the most powerful experiences in Russia and in Moscow?
Ana Ivanovic: I think that we, the Serbs, have much in common with the Russian, and we understand each other. As I said, we have a positive experience from the match in Moscow on the Fed Cup, and I remember that we have great fun, celebrating the victory in the Serbian restaurant in Moscow!

- Do you have a favorite place in Moscow? We would like to see in Moscow something that was not possible before?
Ana Ivanovic: I love to visit the Red Square, especially at night, when there are beautiful lights. I would like to see the city and hope I will get advice while I'm there.

- Do you have a favorite dish of Russian cuisine?
Ana Ivanovic: I like many Russian dishes. Some of them are similar to Serbian and remind me of home, which is always nice.

- What do you wish the Russian tennis fans?
Ana Ivanovic I received many nice letters with support over the years from fans from Russia, and I hope that they are willing to come and watch the game. I am looking forward to the visit.
http://kremlincup.ru/db/news/2388

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:40 AM   #3798
country flag gaviotabr

Google translation:

Quote:
Ivan: did not find the pace of the game moving problems ruined victory
2012-10-03 14:54 Source: Tencent sports Author: Xiao Yuan Mei Li Bo

Tencent sports Beijing October 3 (Reporter of Xiao Yuan Mei Li Bo) the afternoon of October 3, 6 4, 6, 3, Ana Ivanovic lost to rival Orlandi, on this end of the Chinese tennis open race tour. Talking about this game, Ivan frankly own mistakes caused by excessive.
  The end of the game less than 10 minutes, Ivan sat on the site of the press conference, wearing a blue T-shirt, put on a headset (simultaneous interpretation) wait reporters admission. She then quietly sitting there, do not see any pleased and happy. Ivan frank, today's game, she could not find their own rhythm, particularly the forehand. Because my mobile is not in place, so I did not play their own strength. "She said, without a smile, very lightly, race as analytic others.
  Two games, Ivan mistakes a lot, the backcourt ball out of bounds, and even serve double faults occur several times familiar with Ivan reporters play regretted its disorders. "I adjust the tee rhythm can also, but I did not seize this opportunity." Ivan breath a long list, "I also worked very hard in the backcourt looking for opportunities, and this is my game has been efforts to change, but unfortunately, I could not do it. "
  The second set, Ivan rip Orlandi serve chase 2 to 4, but in the next game, she soon own too many mistakes and the victory gave his opponent. Orlandi in today's game does not seem to win strive to hit the ball, but waiting for your mistakes? "Have asked reporter so.
  "Yes, very clearly, I am unlucky today, has been to make mistakes, especially on my forehand, I have been trying to find that rhythm." Said Ivan, "Orlandi is a very smart opponent, she feel Excellent, talented opponent, my mobile today is really a problem here or there old too few feel there is adjustment on the ball is not very good. "
  She said that after the end of the journey of the network, Ivan will be in the next week to Linz, Moscow, the last Confederations Cup, the last leg of the season, "I hope that my performance in the next game better." .
http://sports.xinmin.cn/2012/10/03/16579840.html

I knew she would say she was just not lucky.. that gesture to Nigel at the end..

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM   #3799
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Does she think she's like Kim losing to Petrova at AO two years ago? Does she think she can afford that? No, Ana, you CANNOT.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM   #3800
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Former world No.1 Ivanovic upset at China Open
English.news.cn 2012-10-03 15:18:46
BEIJING, Oct. 3 (Xinhua) -- Serb Ana Ivanovic's 4th consecutive run to the quarterfinals at the China Open was snipped here on Wednesday as the former world No.1 lost to Romina Oprandi of Switzerland in the third round.

The current world No.12 joined seed casualty after Czech Republic's world No.5 Petra Kvitova, sixth seed Sara Errani of Italy and eighth seed Samantha Stosur from Australia were all ousted in earlier rounds.

On a sunny but windy afternoon, Ivanovic never felt comfortable throughout the match and succumbed to a 6-4, 6-3 defeat in just 70 minutes.

"I really struggled to find my rhythm out there, especially on the forehand. The ball was coming with not so much pace, and I wasn't really efficient moving forward and taking advantage of that," said a disappointed Ivanovic.

Ivanovic hit 23 winners to just 8 from Oprandi, but the former French Open champion made 17 unforced errors compared to Oprandi's 2. It seemed Oprandi just tried to extend rallies and waited for the Serb to make a mistake.

"She's a tricky opponent. She has really good game, very talented girl. I think the unforced errors made a big difference," the 24-year-old Ivanovic added.

They played a solid game at the beginning and both held serve in the first six games of the opening set. The Swiss broke first in the seventh game, but Ivanovic broke back immediately. Oprandi notched up the second break in the ninth game and then served for the set.

Oprandi broke an out-of-sorts Ivanovic twice for a 5-1 lead in the second set and after that it's just Oprandi's routine to finish her job.

Oprandi's reward will be a last eight encounter against either world No.1 Victoria Azarenka or Russian Lelna Vesnina. As for Ivanovic, there're still matches to be played towards the end of the season.

"I'm going to play next week Linz and then Moscow and then obviously the Fed Cup final, which is a huge thing. It's definitely something I look forward to and I want to perform best for."
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sp..._131886637.htm

Those stats are SO off..

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM   #3801
country flag gaviotabr

Confirmed WC into Linz:

Quote:
Ivanovic started in Linz and is aiming for third straight win
Ivanovic certainly attracts some fans to Linz
The WTA Generali Ladies tennis tournament in Linz can come up with another top star. The Serb Ana Ivanovic, the second wild card to get the German Andrea Petkovic and goes with the prize of $ 220,000 Tournament of 6 to 14 October. Going on her third title

The 24-year-old has already triumphed in Linz in 2008 and 2010 and is looking forward to her return. "It's always nice to come back to a place where one has already been successful. The fans go great with Linz and create a great atmosphere, "said Ivanovic.
The competition, however, is too high-profile. The French Open champion of 2008 is currently number 12 in the world and in the provisional seedings so the number two in the world ranked first Wiktoria Asarenka (BLR). With the Slovak Dominika Cibulkova (WTA-13) and the Czech Lucie Safarova (WTA-18) a total of four top-20 players have committed. Austria's best player, Tamira Paszek (WTA-27), takes in the current set list ranked seventh.
Tournament director Sandra Reichel welcomes the prominent starting field and the commitment of Ivanovic. "Ana Ivanovic in their previous appearances in Linz was a crowd favorite. It comes with the fans at extremely well and feels very comfortable here, "said Reichel. The Serb was this week in Beijing in use, where they failed on Wednesday in the second round at the Swiss Romina Oprandi.
http://www.austria.com/ivanovic-star...apa-1159675974

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #3802
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Wiktoria Asarenka.
On topic, I'm surprised she decided to go to Linz. I guess she wants to make up for Beijing and give it one last try to crack top 10 before the end of the season.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3803
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Wiktoria Asarenka.
it should be viktoria asarenka. it's german transcription of russian names. you also have jelena wesnina, maria scharapowa, pawljutschenkowa...

i'm not surprised she will play linz (as she always should), her other tournaments didn't get her into top 10 and she will lose the bali points. she should have entered some other small tournaments anyway but, well, i don't want to bitch about her scheduling again.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #3804
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
pawljutschenkowa...
As if the original spelling wasn't complicated enough.

By the way, you must love the meaning of the nickname "Vika" in Serbian.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #3805
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
As if the original spelling wasn't complicated enough.

By the way, you must love the meaning of the nickname "Vika" in Serbian.
not sure what you mean?

as for the spelling, the original spelling is in cyrillic german transcription follows that.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #3806
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
CHINA OPEN

October 3, 2012

Ana Ivanovic

BEIJING, CHINA

R. OPRANDI/A. Ivanovic
6‑4, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions in Chinese, please.

Q. Can you comment on your performance today? Do you think what might have been the most important reason? Is that because you're not prepared for this match? Because I have noticed you have too many unforced errors.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, no, I really struggled to find my rhythm out there today, especially on the forehand. The ball was coming with not so much pace, and I wasn't really efficient moving forward and taking advantage of that.

Q. After China Open, do you have any plan for the other tournament? I know that you're going to participate into the Federation Cup final. What kind of expectation do you have for that tournament?
ANA IVANOVIC: I'm going to play next week Linz and then Moscow and then obviously final, the Fed Cup, which is a huge thing. It's definitely something I look forward to and I want to perform best for.
THE MODERATOR: Questions in English.

Q. It kind of seemed like Oprandi wasn't really trying to win a lot of winners or hitting the ball that hard, just trying to extend rallies and waiting for you to make a mistake. Did you feel that way, as well?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I was doing that a lot today, unfortunately. Especially off my forehand I really struggled to find rhythm, like I said.
She's tricky opponent. She has really good hands, very talented girl. I just wasn't moving as efficient. You know, I always felt I was lacking a little step here and there, and I wasn't adjusting to the ball very good.

Q. She also kind of was going with the dropshot a lot. Is that something that maybe surprised you or caught you off‑guard?
ANA IVANOVIC: No, I definitely expected that of her. I have seen her play before and I did expect that. I got to pretty much all of them, but yeah, it was just I think the unforced errors that made a big difference.

Q. How do you feel you served? She broke you a few times, but it wasn't like you were double‑faulting all that much.
ANA IVANOVIC: No, I mean, the rhythm on my serve was really good. I just wasn't getting free points off it.
I really struggled to get free points off groundstrokes, as well. This is something that I was hoping to get a little more of getting into today's match, but it really didn't work today.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=83579

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3807
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Wiktoria Asarenka.
On topic, I'm surprised she decided to go to Linz. I guess she wants to make up for Beijing and give it one last try to crack top 10 before the end of the season.
I think Ana decided to play Linz once she lost early in Tokyo. She already said she would be playing Linz 5 minutes after losing in Beijing. I think asking for a WC takes longer than that..

Ana can't reach top 10 by end of the year though, even if she were to win both Linz and Moscow she wouldnt have enough points. The important thing would be to do really well at those 2 tournaments, so she could still be in with a chance of making top 12 for AO. She still has a remote chance of that.

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3808
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
not sure what you mean?

as for the spelling, the original spelling is in cyrillic german transcription follows that.
In Serbian, "vika" is a noun derived from "vikati", so "vika" means "shouting" or "yelling". It's great how that noun suits Azarenka.

Павлюченкова - 12 letters

Pawljutschenkowa - 16 letters
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #3809
country flag azdaja

to be quite honest i don't think being in the top 12 for ao is that important now. she decided to play stupid events like hopman cup rather than to collect points. it's too late now to change that.

it would be important to get into top 10 and attack top 8 as soon as possible next year. true, a good result at ao would help a lot but the stupid scheduling has already been done, so...
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3810
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
In Serbian, "vika" is a noun derived from "vikati", so "vika" means "shouting" or "yelling". It's great how that noun suits Azarenka.

Павлюченкова - 12 letters

Pawljutschenkowa - 16 letters
it's all because tsch is used to write just one sound, the english ch. 4 letters for one sound, probably a world record.