~Ana's articles~ - Page 253 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #3781
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Venus is playing Hopman cup?!? I'm shocked! I'll definitely have to go then!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #3782
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
Yes but it was Melbourne not Perth, Ana is too supersticious

Official H2H is wrong anyways, in my mind Ana beat Kim both in Miami 11 and Brisbane 12, and she beat Venus this year in Miami Now when she chokes a lead against Serena I'll count that too

So many more wins counting like this!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #3783
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
Venus is playing Hopman cup?!? I'm shocked! I'll definitely have to go then!
That's what the organizers have announced today. Venus and Isner to play for USA.

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #3784
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

http://wtvbam.com/news/articles/2012...-former-glory/

Quote:
Ivanovic seeking to recapture former glory

By Alastair Himmer

TOKYO (Reuters) - Former world number one Ana Ivanovic insisted she still had the game to challenge for grand slam titles after booking a spot in the second round of the Pan Pacific Open on Monday.

The Serb, seeded 11th in Tokyo, beat Andrea Hlavackova 6-3 2-0 to advance after the Czech retired with a thigh injury after just 44 minutes.

"That's the only reason I'm still here," Ivanovic, who climbed to the top of the women's rankings after winning the 2008 French Open, told Reuters.

"I already achieved two of my biggest dreams in winning a grand slam and being number one in the world.

"But I believe I can still be at the top level and winning grand slams. Otherwise I wouldn't be here," added the 24-year-old winner of 11 WTA Tour titles.

Ivanovic, who has won more than $9.6 million career prize money, admitted she still had a little work to do to seriously challenge at the major tournaments.

"I need to work on my strength in the off-season, get a little stronger," said Serbia's tennis pin-up, who reached the quarter-finals of the U.S. Open. earlier this month.

"But it's also confidence. Beating the top players can really boost your confidence and make you start to believe."

Ivanovic, beaten by eventual champion Serena Williams in New York, will face Poland's Urszula Radwanska in the second round in Tokyo after the Polish player's 6-2 6-4 win over Japan's Kurumi Nara.
I couldn't find the full transcript, but it's nice to know that she'll try to get stronger during the off season. Hopefully, it means she'll hire a fitness coach, I don't see how she could do it without help.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #3785
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I couldn't find the full transcript, but it's nice to know that she'll try to get stronger during the off season. Hopefully, it means she'll hire a fitness coach, I don't see how she could do it without help.
Thanks for the article!

Interesting... good that Ana acknowldges the need to gain strength.. its obvious how she needs that to have a chance against top players. But I'm not convinced until she actually does something to change. It seems to me everytime she takes time off, she shows up thinner. Some of those pics with Petko and Kerber at the kids clinics are shocking.. Ana is just too thin for pro sports.

But what caught my eye the most in this article and made me a bit sad is reading the "only reason" Ana is still playing is that she thinks she can get back to the top.. that's just playing for all the wrong reasons.. and playing for the wrong reasons is detrimental to anyone's game. Once upon a time I thought Ana played for love of the game... how innocent of me.. that she plays for goals is part of why she had such slump after achieving something. Its sad really.. and doesn't help her cause.

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #3786
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Thanks for the article!

Interesting... good that Ana acknowldges the need to gain strength.. its obvious how she needs that to have a chance against top players. But I'm not convinced until she actually does something to change. It seems to me everytime she takes time off, she shows up thinner. Some of those pics with Petko and Kerber at the kids clinics are shocking.. Ana is just too thin for pro sports.
When she's in casual outfit, she usually looks thinner than on court. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
But what caught my eye the most in this article and made me a bit sad is reading the "only reason" Ana is still playing is that she thinks she can get back to the top.. that's just playing for all the wrong reasons.. and playing for the wrong reasons is detrimental to anyone's game. Once upon a time I thought Ana played for love of the game... how innocent of me.. that she plays for goals is part of why she had such slump after achieving something. Its sad really.. and doesn't help her cause.
I thought about that too. I was thinking if she's gonna lose patience thinking that way. But, then, maybe it's just a figure of speech. Maybe she just wanted to say that if you don't believe that you can be the best, you have no business being a pro athlete. Playing for fun or because of love is fine, but it's not exactly a pro level. That's what I hope that she thought.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3787
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't hold her to that "only reason" bit, she gets asked questions like that every week, probably just trying to mix up her answers or something imo
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #3788
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
I wouldn't hold her to that "only reason" bit, she gets asked questions like that every week, probably just trying to mix up her answers or something imo
It could be like that. It must be boring to get the same question for 4 years already. So, she was probably like: "I'm still here, I'm not going anywhere, so, yes, obviously I believe I can come back."
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #3789
country flag gaviotabr

I don't know.. I don't like that way of thinking.. that shouldn't be the only reason to play.. and this is not the first time she says it, so its not like its a way of mixing up in interviews.

I think after winning RG/number 1 she really got into a funk of "what now?" which goes with this way of thinking and is not positive to have.

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3790
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i think it's encouraging both that she wants to get stronger and that she wants to win another grand slam.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3791
country flag gaviotabr

Google translation from chinese is kind of hilarious. This is an article on Ana's presser after her 1st round win in Beijing:

Quote:
Ivan eager ranking to return to the top ten tournament would like to visit the Forbidden City Great Wall

Sep. 29, 2012 6:08Source: Sohu Sports Author: Ting Yuan

Ivanovic in the net on the first day, in the afternoon debut Diamond Stadium is undoubtedly the number one player, though ranking longer TOP10, but had to win the Grand Slam, once ranked first in the world the brilliant experience or her concern. In the women's singles first round match, Ivanovic in straight sets win over American teenager McHale, easily cut.
  Ivan Diamond Stadium debut, when it comes to the stadium Ivan said: "This is my first game at Diamond Stadium, where the venue is very large, the quality of the venue is very good, left me a very good impression. "
  Ivan retire because of injury last year, talked about the scene last year Ivan said he was very sorry, but she said very happy this year is back, hoping to return to the previous peak. Ivan said: "Draw out and found a lot of good opponents, I hope to be able to exchange blows with them."
  Ivan when it comes to game and McHale, said: "Her backhand is not very good, so I repeatedly remind myself to hit her backhand I serve is not particularly good, play well today because the attention is more concentrated." young opponent Ivan give full recognition, very promising American teenager, Ivan said: "there is a certain pressure to play with her, although she lost, but does not prove that she is not a good player"
  Beijing is a magical city for Ivan terms, she expressed the hope to have time to play with, in particular, visit the Summer Palace, the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Beijing's famous attractions in addition to participating, which helps her to understand China and Chinese culture.
  Ivan the state this season rebounded, but the performance is not very stable, Ivan said: "This season I state there are ups and downs, hope can best state remains in the network, of course, hope that can be brought to the next season I hope this season to hit the top ten. "the former world currently ranked 12, to return to the top ten became her at the moment the most realistic goal. Return to the top ten Ivan is very confident that a "return to the top ten for me, not farther away, I am now ranked 12, and I have to work hard, be possible to reach the target, she said: In the past I have many opportunities are wasted, and I hope to area small victory was victory. U.S. Open is a great opportunity, but I did not catch, but I have gained a lot of confidence, is a great encouragement to me. "
  Turning to the next round, Ivanovic said he would communicate with coaches, and to plan accordingly. (Ting 苑)
http://sports.sohu.com/20120929/n354207089.shtml

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3792
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Ivanovic strolls to victory
2012-09-29 14:34

Beijing - Former world number one Ana Ivanovic eased into the second round of the China Open on Saturday, defeating American Christina McHale in straight sets 6-3, 6-2.

The 24-year-old Serbian played aggressively from the start, hitting big first serves and powerful forehand drives which McHale, ranked 28 in the world, was unable to match.

Ivanovic's returns from McHale's service game were too good for the 20-year-old, with the French Open champion of four years ago breaking the American in the eighth game of the first set and twice in the second.

"I think that was the best service game I have ever had," said the eleventh seed, who wrapped up victory within an hour, agreeing that it had been a "perfect" start to the Beijing tournament.

"The last match I played, in Tokyo, I served terribly. It was probably the worst I served in a very long time, so I was really determined to do better today," she said.

"I really took more time and focused on that because I knew I could serve well and I did it in practice. So I had attention to serve well today, and it worked well and I'm very pleased."

The world number 12 will play American Varvara Lepchenko, who defeated Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria, in the second round.

Ivanovic admitted she didn't know much about her next opponent but was aware that "she serves big" and has "a powerful game".

"She's been playing much better lately, and she had some really good results," Ivanovic said of Lepchenko. "It's going to be a tough match."

Earlier in the day Taiwan's Hsieh Su-Wei, winner of the Guangzhou Open this month, defeated Zheng Saisai of China 6-2, 6-3 while in an all-Chinese clash Zhang Shuai beat Wang Qiang 6-3, 6-2.

Romina Oprandi of Switzerland and Spain's Carla Suarez Navarro also progressed to the second round, as did Yaroslava Shvedova from Kazakhstan who was 6-4, 4-1 up when her opponent and 12th seed Dominika Cibulkova retired due to an injury.
http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Ivan...ctory-20120929

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #3793
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Small group of lucky fans get to meet Ivanovic

A group of about 70 fans anxiously awaited the appearance of tennis superstar Ana Ivanovic today at the China Open in Beijing. Sporting "Ana"face paint and Serbian flags, fans firmly held onto their tennis balls, photos, posters, and other items as they pushed their way to the front of the line in hopes of obtaining a signature.

After nearly an hour, Ivanovic made her appearance much to the fans excitement. Applause and joyous cries of "I love you!" filled the air as she walked on stage. Only a group of about 30 lucky fans were able to join Ivanovic on the stage and see her up close.

This is the fourth time Ivanovic has appeared at the China Open. When asked about the tournament she responded, "I enjoy it very much. It is a beautiful city." She also expressed how much she enjoys the new facilities in Beijing, "It's great to see these improvements. They're doing a great job here."

Before leaving, Ivanovic took pictures with young fans, signed some autographs, and presented one lucky fan with an autographed hat. As she headed back towards the locker rooms, the large crowd rushed after her in hopes of getting one last glimpse of the star.

By Calvin Lewis
http://www.chinaopen.com.cn/en/news/.../1622461.shtml
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #3794
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
CHINA OPEN

September 29, 2012

Ana Ivanovic

BEIJING, CHINA

A. IVANOVIC/C. McHale
6‑3, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions in Chinese, please.

Q. Before when you participated in the China Open, you withdraw. China is not a lucky place for you?
ANA IVANOVIC: I don't know when I withdraw here. I played last two years. I don't understand the question, really.

Q. Is it your first time to play in this stadium? How do you like this court? What might be the difference between this one and the other court you have played before?
ANA IVANOVIC: Last year I played few times on this court, and I actually enjoy it. It's really a nice stadium. It's quite big. It's really impressive. I did enjoy competing there again today.
The other day I practiced on the Diamond Court and Lotus, and it's really nice always. Big courts.

Q. Last year you withdraw because of injury. Do you have big ambitious goal this year? Who do you think will be the big opponent, and how are you going to prepare for the match?
ANA IVANOVIC: I actually really felt like I was playing well the last few years here, and it was really nice. I have lots of good memories and feelings coming back. I really wanted to do well again. I hope I can repeat what I did.
There is no easy opponents I think. The draw is big. There is so many strong names in the draw.
Yeah, next round is going to be tough. I think if I play like today I have good chance.
THE MODERATOR: Questions in English.

Q. Was that the perfect start for you today?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah. Actually, that was the first thing I said to my coach afterwards. I was like, I think that was the best service game I have ever had.
Yeah, I wouldn't complain if I served like that more often.

Q. Is there anything in particular you can attribute that to, just having served so well today?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, actually, the last match I played in Tokyo I served terribly. It was probably the worst I served in a very long time, so I was really determined to do better today.
I really took more time and focused on that because I knew I could serve well and I did it in practice. So I had attention to serve well today, and it worked well and I'm very pleased.

Q. I just noticed that you have very good memories here in China Open. Would you share us something you particularly missed here in Beijing or you particularly like to do in Beijing?
ANA IVANOVIC: Actually, the other day I was looking for, you know, fun things to do around Beijing. It said top 10 things to do, and I did like 8 of those. It was quite nice.
I really enjoy to go sightseeing, so I have been to Forbidden City, to Summer Palace, Great Wall of China, and ChangCheng Square. I think it's really nice to explore different culture. This is obviously a lot different. It's great, in a sense.

Q. This is your second time playing against McHale now. I guess talk about her and as an up‑and‑coming player.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she's really good player. She has great potential. She actually moves really well.
We had tough match on grass in the Olympics. It was actually good we played recently, so I had a little bit fresh in my mind, so I tried to focus on the things I did well in that match. That really helped me today.
She definitely has good potential.

Q. What's your target in China Open? Are you satisfied with your performance in this season?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it's still been a little bit up and down. Last few months I felt like I have been playing a lot better, which, you know, I'm really happy about. I really want to try and maintain that level throughout the season and become more consistent.
So that's one of the goals I have for the next few weeks and, you know, for the next year.

Q. You mentioned it would be nice to get back to top 10 and qualify for the Championships. You had chances in French Open and US Open but all failed. When you look back, do you think get back to top 10 is too far away or you just work on that?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it's hard to say it's too far away when you're like 12. I still have to work hard for it. You know, throughout the year I can look back and say, you know, I had some chances that I could have used and put myself in a better position that I didn't.
You know, it's all work in progress. I really feel like I have been making it. It's just now putting it together in big matches that I really haven't done as much in this year. You know, playing quarterfinal in US Open, it was kind of confidence boost and also very inspiring for what I can achieve.

Q. You could match up against Lepchenko in the next round. From what I can tell, you guys haven't played head to head before on tour. What are your expectations for that potential matchup?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she won. I saw that.
Yeah, I don't know actually much about her. I'm sure I'm going to talk to my coach. He's probably watched that match, as well.
I know she serves big and has kind of powerful game. She likes to go for her shots. But, you know, I'm going to talk a little more with my coach tomorrow and try to prepare for that match.
She's been playing much better lately, and she had some really good results. It's going to be tough match.

Q. Petra Kvitova said there will be 14,000 people obsessed in Prague when you play Fed Cup with Czech Republic. Have you set a goal already in your mind with a huge fight already?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, actually we have been talking between us, Serbians have been talking here about that week. It's very exciting for all of us. It would be great to do what guys did a few years ago when they won.
It's a huge event. I still get like messages and calls, Oh, we are coming, we are coming. So we are going to have a lot of family and friends coming, as well. I think it's a great way to finish the season.
I will miss Bali, but it's still very, very nice and it's great achievement.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=83459

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3795
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ana, there's no Bali anymore, now it's Sofia and don't even care about it.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote