~Ana's articles~ - Page 247 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #3691
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
It would count yes. Ana's spare results are all 1 pointers.
Oh, right. I forget what a master plan her schedule is. When you play SO MANY tournaments scheduled, you have 1 pointers in your ranking.

But, OK, let's relax. She should add one MM, but she won't. Let's hope she'll hire someone who can be a fitness coach and a physio. Since she wants a small team, it would be the best solution.

Last edited by Cajka : Sep 12th, 2012 at 03:44 AM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3692
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No.. I said I don't think its MUCH better.. I think its only SLIGHTLY better. Never said it wasn't better.. of course reaching round of 16 is better than losing 1st round.. But its not THAT much better.. its losing to the first decent opponent she faced.
to my mind beating players you are supposed to beat (for the most part) is not only slightly better. it is significantly better. it's far from great, of course, but it is a big deal. it helped her reach a qf of a gs again. i also think her scheduling is the main reason she didn't get into top 10 this year which would have been something significant even if she doesn't win a title. i am also convinced that she is capable of winning mm titles but i am not sure how much value should be put on that. it probably would help her confidence but at the moment beating top players would help more imo. she fails to get further in tournaments because of her seeding. getting into top 8 would mean that she would stay there for a long time, i think.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3693
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
to my mind beating players you are supposed to beat (for the most part) is not only slightly better. it is significantly better. it's far from great, of course, but it is a big deal. it helped her reach a qf of a gs again. i also think her scheduling is the main reason she didn't get into top 10 this year which would have been something significant even if she doesn't win a title. i am also convinced that she is capable of winning mm titles but i am not sure how much value should be put on that. it probably would help her confidence but at the moment beating top players would help more imo. she fails to get further in tournaments because of her seeding. getting into top 8 would mean that she would stay there for a long time, i think.
I disagree.. I think beating the players you are supposed to beat, which Ana did in 9 of the 15 tournaments she played, is not a big deal. It's an improvement.. its something slightly better. She lost to people she shouldn't have lost to in 6 tournaments, so its still a work in progress.

I think a lot of value should be put into winning titles.. that winning feeling, apart from all the match play, gives one belief, even if its a MM tournament. Yes, schedule is an issue.. but she has had this top 5 schedule for forever.. if she still hasn't learned, then its a hopeless cause.

For Ana to beat top players she needs that belief, that match play.. besides building weapons into her game. Only a FH, without belief, a serve, a BH, and match management skills wont make her beat any top player in remotely good form.

I do agree that if she gets to top 8, benefiting from easier draws, she has a good chance to stay there as she is more consistent and would have a better shot at going deep into tournaments. But to get there she needs to go deep into tournaments in the first place, which she only did 3 times in 15 tournaments this year (a semi and 2 QFs). This might just be the first season in Ana's entire career that she fails to make a single final. Cant make a much better anything with that.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3694
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do agree that if she gets to top 8, benefiting from easier draws, she has a good chance to stay there as she is more consistent and would have a better shot at going deep into tournaments.
and when was the last time we could have said that about her? i know she is not yet there and i know she doesn't have results to back it up either but we all know she can do it now. that definitely is an improvement and not a small one.

winning titles is important and nice but i know she can win small tournaments. what she needs to show to everyone, including herself, is that she can regularly beat top players.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #3695
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and when was the last time we could have said that about her? i know she is not yet there and i know she doesn't have results to back it up either but we all know she can do it now. that definitely is an improvement and not a small one.
Its a slight improvement.. Won't take her any further then she is now.. which is just a bit better than the biggest part of the past 4 years.. for her to take the next step, one to make a difference, one to actually be considered a big step, then she needs to go deep into tournaments without the aid of easier draws. Which leads to...

Quote:
winning titles is important and nice but i know she can win small tournaments. what she needs to show to everyone, including herself, is that she can regularly beat top players.
Funny.. while I do think Ana can beat most of the players she should beat, for the first time I feel like she has no shot against any top player. Not mentally.. not game wise.

The thing with winning titles, even if its MMs, is that it gives a winning feeling you just cant replace.. going too long without a title is detrimental to anyones game. That extra belief, apart from the match play, makes a difference.

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #3696
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Izzy, that slight improvement is the difference between #65 and #12. If she continued playing the way she did in the first half of 2012, she would be playing qualifications for some tournaments now. You think it's a slight improvement only because she reached 2 quarterfinals in the first part of 2011. But, the SF of IW, quarterfinal of Dubai and R4 of AO, R3 of Rome, Madrid, RG and Miami >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> QF of IW, QF of Pattaya, R3 of Miami, R2 of Rome, R1 of AO, RG, Madrid etc.

W/l: 19/11 >>>>>>>>>>>>8/8

beating CW, Bartoli, Petrova, Fran, Kuynetsova, Kirilenko, Hantuchova, Peer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beating JJ, Petrova, Kimiko, Craybas and Nudnida Luangnam.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #3697
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Izzy, that slight improvement is the difference between #65 and #12. If she continued playing the way she did in the first half of 2012, she would be playing qualifications for some tournaments now. You think it's a slight improvement only because she reached 2 quarterfinals in the first part of 2011. But, the SF of IW, quarterfinal of Dubai and R4 of AO, R3 of Rome, Madrid, RG and Miami >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> QF of IW, QF of Pattaya, R3 of Miami, R2 of Rome, R1 of AO, RG, Madrid etc.

W/l: 19/11 >>>>>>>>>>>>8/8
No.. I'm looking at years as a whole.. and you are looking into first parts here second parts there. And as years as a whole, Ana is just a few spots higher, just slighly better now than in 2011 or 2010 or 2009. For an example.. Ana was seeded 16th for USO 2011 and 12th for USO 2012. Slightly better.

Quote:
beating CW, Bartoli, Petrova, Fran, Kuynetsova, Kirilenko, Hantuchova, Peer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beating JJ, Petrova, Kimiko, Craybas and Nudnida Luangnam.
Not that much better at all, considering what happened to these players in each season..

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #3698
country flag Cajka

Woz reached the SF of Miami next week, Kuzi beat Ana in FC a week before Rome, Petrova is always dangerous, Hantuchova got injured later, Kirilenko and Bartoli are just fine.

And Ana was #20 and had 2415 points after USO last year.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3699
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Woz reached the SF of Miami next week, Kuzi beat Ana in FC a week before Rome, Petrova is always dangerous, Hantuchova got injured later, Kirilenko and Bartoli are just fine.
Woz is in a slumping year lets be honest here. Kuznetsova has not played since clay season.. injured knee that could require surgery. Petrova and Kirilenko couldn't link 2 wins together when Ana beat them.. both improved later on with changes of coaches. Bartoli was sick.. she even told Ana not to hold her hand.

Quote:
Slightly better now...

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3700
country flag azdaja

Quote:
yes and that without a north american hc season apart from the us open to begin with. her scheduling really doesn't help.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #3701
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Woz is in a slumping year lets be honest here.
One of the reasons for that slump is her loss to Ana. She lost 860 points.

Quote:
Kuznetsova has not played since clay season.. injured knee that could require surgery.
I'm talking about clay season, obviously. She played RG after Rome, she beat Radwanska.

Quote:
Petrova and Kirilenko couldn't link 2 wins together when Ana beat them..
Kirilenko played the final of Pattaya like... 2 weeks before that match. And next week she almost beat Sharapova in IW, it was a QF. And Petrova couldn't win 2 matches in a row last year, but Ana managed to lose to her.

Quote:
Bartoli was sick.. she even told Ana not to hold her hand.
Of course she was. She also couldn't breathe in IW 2011. If you pay more attention, you'll realize that she's always either injured or sick. In Miami she ended Vika's winning streak and in the very next match (against Aga) she was sick. Wow!

Quote:
Slightly better now...
Are you sure? I'm sure that you can make it look like it's even slightly worse than it was in 2011.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3702
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
One of the reasons for that slump is her loss to Ana. She lost 860 points.
Not really.. the slump is all about level of play.

Quote:
I'm talking about clay season, obviously. She played RG after Rome, she beat Radwanska.
And then lost pathetically to Errani.. with a bagel set included.

Now seriously, Kuznetsova got injured in Fes, and even if she beat Radwanska at RG, she wasn't really right..

Quote:
Kirilenko played the final of Pattaya like... 2 weeks before that match. And next week she almost beat Sharapova in IW, it was a QF. And Petrova couldn't win 2 matches in a row last year, but Ana managed to lose to her.
Ok.. I give you that..

Quote:
Of course she was. She also couldn't breathe in IW 2011. If you pay more attention, you'll realize that she's always either injured or sick. In Miami she ended Vika's winning streak and in the very next match (against Aga) she was sick. Wow!
But IW this year had this desease going around.. players dropping like flies..

Quote:
Are you sure? I'm sure that you can make it look like it's even slightly worse than it was in 2011.
No.. its slightly better. I just don't see how it can be MUCH better.. its like its still on one level. 2011 in the bottom of top 20 and 2012 around the top of top 20. Same bracket, just slightly better.. If Ana ever makes a big step up, if she ever does MUCH better, I'll be VERY happy to write it all over the forum.

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #3703
country flag Cajka

According to some posters, she was never anything but a top 20 player. She had a cake draw in 2008 when she won RG, she made the AO final because Dani choked, she reached Wimbledon SF because Vaidisova choked, another RG final because Sharapova was injured and a RG quarterfinal because Mauresmo felt too much pressure. And, yes, JJ and Kuznetsova are her bitches, that's why she won Berlin, IW etc.

If you add her USO draw to that, you can make her whole career look like a joke.

It's really the same type of excuses. Caro is slumping, Kuznetsova was injured, Marion was dying. You make her best results this season look like a joke, just like some GM posters make her whole career look like a joke. She's not playing her best tennis ever, but whatever she's been doing this year worked for her.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #3704
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Izzy, don't misunderstand me, but you're so overreacting and your attitude is so negative.
It can go so much better from here, be hopeful.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3705
country flag azdaja

Quote:
No.. its slightly better. I just don't see how it can be MUCH better.. its like its still on one level. 2011 in the bottom of top 20 and 2012 around the top of top 20. Same bracket, just slightly better.. If Ana ever makes a big step up, if she ever does MUCH better, I'll be VERY happy to write it all over the forum.
and who says that "players ranked 11 through 20" is a valid bracket? or that tennis seasons are the only valid periods for comparison? ana started to improve when she hired nigel, so the whole process started last year when ana was a barely top 20 player while right now she is just outside of top 10. that's not the same bracket at all as far as i'm concerned. she needs some good results in order to get into top 8 but once she manages to do it she is bound to stay there for a long time, even you agree with that. that's simply considerably better than what ana had over past 4 years, not only a little. she missed a great opportunity at rg, that's sure, or she might have already been there. but to my mind she is a player who is now challenging for top 8, not a player hanging around the #20 spot.