~Ana's articles~ - Page 241 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #3601
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

"Well, in a way a little bit, and you guys are there to remind me of it, too. Thank you."

This was fun, strange questions, but fun. And I don't want to jinx it, but I have a good feeling for the first time after years. She seems to be realistic and calmed, let's hope it's a good sign.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:27 AM   #3602
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Winning Eases Ivanovic's Pain

By SCOTT CACCIOLA

Ana Ivanovic hasn't done a particularly tremendous job withstanding the physical rigors of professional tennis. The 24-year-old Serb has had problems with her glute, her hip and her groin. More recently, she's dealt with a torn tendon in her right foot that forced her to withdraw from many of the summer's hard court tournaments. Last week, she had trouble walking.

Her secret at the U.S. Open? Painkillers, and lots of them. "I still have a handful of pills every morning," she said.

Ivanovic, a former world No. 1, took a tiny step forward by demolishing Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden with a straight-sets victory in Thursday's second round. Ivanovic, the No. 12 seed, was clearly excited about the result—she seems to take nothing for granted these days—and then went about repairing her body once more.

"We play so much and changes surfaces and, you know, continents," she said. "It's not always the best thing for the body—or the mind."

There was a time when Ivanovic was the best women's tennis player in the world. She reached three Grand Slam finals in a span of 12 months, a stirring stretch of play that she capped with a French Open title in 2008. It was her first major championship, and she seemed to have everything going for her: a powerful game, a wicked forehand and an endless line of sponsors that wanted to hand her cartoon-size checks.

Tennis can be unforgiving, though. Injuries? Issues with confidence? Tennis doesn't care. It is incredibly difficult to stay on top for months at a time, let alone years, and Ivanovic arrived at the U.S. Open this week hoping to do something she hasn't done since hoisting that championship trophy at Roland Garros: advance to the quarterfinals at a Grand Slam.

"I take everything personally and I'm such a perfectionist, when you have tough matches and you lose, it's all in the public eye," she said. "It's not easy to deal with it yourself, and yet you have to deal with it front of so many people."

Ivanovic has some high-profile company in this regard. Fellow Serb Jelena Jankovic, also a former top-ranked player, is attempting her own reclamation project here at the Open. Seeded No. 30 and coming off her own set of injuries, Jankovic also advanced Thursday with a convincing second-round victory over Spain's Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino. "When you lost a lot of matches, you get down and I'm just not used to that," said Jankovic, the 2008 runner-up. "You just have to work hard. That's the only way you're going to come back. It's not going to fall from the sky."

For Ivanovic, she found that she could practice last week "sort of almost without pain" in her foot, and that was encouragement enough. The anti-inflammatory Voltaren has helped, she said.

As for her well-chronicled mental lapses, they remain a work in progress. Up 5-1 in the second set against Arvidsson with a chance to close out the match on her serve, Ivanovic was quickly broken. She recovered in time to break Arvidsson back and celebrated with some fist pumps—a noticeably demonstrative display considering it was just the second round. At this stage of her career, she said, she understands how easily it can all go away.

"It's never easy," she said.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...atestheadlines

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:29 AM   #3603
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
"Well, in a way a little bit, and you guys are there to remind me of it, too. Thank you."

This was fun, strange questions, but fun. And I don't want to jinx it, but I have a good feeling for the first time after years. She seems to be realistic and calmed, let's hope it's a good sign.
We can only hope..

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:35 AM   #3604
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
We can only hope..
In this particular case, I count on Nigel seriously. During the last 14 months or so, he really knew how to prepare her for matches against the likes of Stephens. He can't help her when she's about to play against the big guns, but against everyone else, he was good. If she doesn't panic, it should be fine. Even if it doesn't start perfectly, she must stay there mentally, because, if it goes to third set, she's really a favorite there (as crazy as it might sound).
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 02:00 AM   #3605
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
In this particular case, I count on Nigel seriously. During the last 14 months or so, he really knew how to prepare her for matches against the likes of Stephens. He can't help her when she's about to play against the big guns, but against everyone else, he was good. If she doesn't panic, it should be fine. Even if it doesn't start perfectly, she must stay there mentally, because, if it goes to third set, she's really a favorite there (as crazy as it might sound).

Yes.. this is really important.. I hope Ana is ready to fight her heart out.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #3606
country flag Cajka

All the people here know that I bitch about Ana a lot. Of course, it's a pure disappointment, not a hate (like some visitors who have less than 20 posts may have suggested in the past). But when I read that she feels so bad about her fans, it just saddens me a lot. Putting so much pressure on herself, thinking about media, fans, damn it, she should be a selfish bitch, not such a nice person. Tons of talent, think about yourself, not about people you may disappoint. We are fans, but this is her life and her career. I wish she could become sharp, like Sharpapova.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:03 PM   #3607
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
All the people here know that I bitch about Ana a lot. Of course, it's a pure disappointment, not a hate (like some visitors who have less than 20 posts may have suggested in the past). But when I read that she feels so bad about her fans, it just saddens me a lot. Putting so much pressure on herself, thinking about media, fans, damn it, she should be a selfish bitch, not such a nice person. Tons of talent, think about yourself, not about people you may disappoint. We are fans, but this is her life and her career. I wish she could become sharp, like Sharpapova.
Yes.. for pro sports its better if you are more arrogant and selfish... those are positive qualities on court.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3608
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes.. for pro sports its better if you are more arrogant and selfish... those are positive qualities on court.
I don't think so. For example, Kim Clijsters made her career that good mostly because of her perfect attitude. That kind of attitude wins matches more than being arrogant or annoying.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3609
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
I don't think so. For example, Kim Clijsters made her career that good mostly because of her perfect attitude. That kind of attitude wins matches more than being arrogant or annoying.
That's the exception to the rule.. name another one? ...

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM   #3610
country flag Cajka

Quote:
That's the exception to the rule.. name another one? ...
It might be an exception because it's an unique situation. Just remember what kind of choker Kim was in her first career. When she became a mother, her mindset, priorities and life perspective have changed. She became tougher and stronger.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3611
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sharapova? Oh noes, I wouldn't like her anymore if she became such an ice queen. I think that the reason why she still was popular even during her worst days on tour was her personality. She is not pretentious and is down-to-earth. Could do with some endurance,though,but I think she knows this herself.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:53 PM   #3612
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Sharapova? Oh noes, I wouldn't like her anymore if she became such an ice queen. I think that the reason why she still was popular even during her worst days on tour was her personality. She is not pretentious and is down-to-earth. Could do with some endurance,though,but I think she knows this herself.
Ice queen or not, Sharapova is sharp, determined and full of self-confidence. It worked well for her career and her popularity is unaffected.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #3613
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Maybe if Ana was sharper and more self confident, she wouldn't go through so many bad years, and could actually do justice to her talent.

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM   #3614
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think Ana is good as she is. She is tougher we might think, if she was not she'd given up a long time ago. And, I don't think that Sharapova is that tough,actually. It's only a mask. As ironic as it is, people who are cold and seemingly ultra-confident are the opposite inside.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #3615
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I think Ana is good as she is. She is tougher we might think, if she was not she'd given up a long time ago. And, I don't think that Sharapova is that tough,actually. It's only a mask. As ironic as it is, people who are cold and seemingly ultra-confident are the opposite inside.
We are talking about tennis players.. being tough on court. Ana and tough on court don't go together in over 4 years. Anything can make her lose her head, and go on meltdown mode. She has choked more matches than I can remember.. A lot of times she simply didn't think she was good enough and never even showed up to play relevant matches.. And I really don't get this whole "she could have given up" thing.. that would be signing on to being a quitter. The issues she has had all this time were all due to her own lack of commitment and/or bad attitude. So getting a bit more arrogance and selfishness would definitely be good for her and for her success as a tennis player, on court.