~Ana's articles~ - Page 220 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM   #3286
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
That's a bit of a rubbish argument.
There is no argument, really, neither in the original article, nor in my post. No one is making any claim.
He was talking about something entirely different, while my observation is nothing but a factual statement:

Quote:
Ana, as much as she is deemed not adequately patriotic, is, as of yet, the only Serbian tennis player who has stood under the Serbian flag while the hymn is being invoked
Quote:
The fact she was on the podium while the national anthem was played has absolutely nothing to do with her. It was out of her control. She didn't ask for the anthem to be played, it's French Open tradition. If it was another Slam she had won, she wouldn't have been the player to stand there while the anthem was played.
Exactly as I was saying:

Quote:
(since the French is the only slam where they play winner's hymn).
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #3287
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
Yeah, right.
Let me tell you, if a man, no matter how old he is, isn't attracted to a girl as beautiful as Ana, there's something wrong with him.
Yes, I believe that every 50 yo woman is attracted to Safin.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3288
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Yes, I believe that every 50 yo woman is attracted to Safin.
to be fair, men's sexuality is different

but i agree that not all men will be sexually attracted to ana. most men will consider her beautiful but that's not in the same category.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #3289
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
to be fair, men's sexuality is different
And you were a woman.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM   #3290
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you were a woman.
what do you mean?
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #3291
country flag Cajka

Quote:
what do you mean?
How do you know that men's sexuality is different to women's if you didn't switch the gender? How 'bout Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Višković is not old, he might be 40, but, as I said, he knows her since she was a kid, assuming that he respects her only 'cause she's hot is disrespectful to both of them.

And the thought of all the men regardless of their age being attracted to a certain 24 yo isn't exactly pleasant. It makes me wonder if my 60 yo doctor is checking on my boobs when I go to examination. I don't buy that "all men are the same" rubbish, I refuse to believe such crap. My father is not attracted to Ana Ivanovic or any of my 25-30 yo friends, that's insane.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3292
country flag azdaja

Quote:
And the thought of all the men regardless of their age being attracted to a certain 24 yo isn't exactly pleasant. It makes me wonder if my 60 yo doctor is checking on my boobs when I go to examination. I don't buy that "all men are the same" rubbish, I refuse to believe such crap. My father is not attracted to Ana Ivanovic or any of my 25-30 yo friends, that's insane.
relax, it's not that bad. but he has a point. older men will be more attracted to younger women than you might prefer.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:28 AM   #3293
country flag Cajka

Quote:
relax, it's not that bad. but he has a point. older men will be more attracted to younger women than you might prefer.
Well, Višković is very biased towards Novak too. Is he attracted to him too? I mean, Ana is a great and successful young woman, she's not just a piece of meat. She's a likeable player and my impression is that she has more female fans than male fans on this board, so I think that it proves that she has many qualities, she's not just a pretty face. I'm not sexually attracted to Ana and I'm a huge fan, I'm more delusional than Višković tbh.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:10 AM   #3294
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

You said there is no way some commentator is attracted to Ana. I'm telling you there is no way he ISN'T. Maybe you don't like it, but men of any age are attracted to young women.
I'm not saying he's her fan because of it. There are a lot of good looking girls on tour, but I'm not their fan.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:26 AM   #3295
country flag Cajka

Quote:
You said there is no way some commentator is attracted to Ana. I'm telling you there is no way he ISN'T. Maybe you don't like it, but men of any age are attracted to young women.
I'm not saying he's her fan because of it. There are a lot of good looking girls on tour, but I'm not their fan.
Not "some" commentator, those ES commentators drool over WTA players all the time. I'm saying that Višković knows Ana for a very long time, you can say that they are close when they talk to each other.

Obraća mu se po imenu, ne persiraju jedno drugom. Malo mi je bljutava pomisao da on piše lepo o Ani zato što se loži na nju.

He was commentating on the fact that she has had some very lucrative sponsor contracts, that she's considered to be the most beautiful tennis player, it happened many times. That's the fact, but it doesn't mean that he's horny when he sees her. When you watch someone growing up, you develop a different relationship with that person.

And I still think that the age plays a big part in all that. I can't be attracted to a guy who's much younger or older than me, there's no reason to think that there are no men who feel the same. We are all humans, it can't be that different.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:34 AM   #3296
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, right.
Let me tell you, if a man, no matter how old he is, isn't attracted to a girl as beautiful as Ana, there's something wrong with him.
Od, dear, this is just too much.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM   #3297
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Od, dear, this is just too much.
I can tell you what I read in non-tennis once. I read that there's no way that there's a man who's not attracted to other men and who doesn't want to have a gay sex. I also read that there's no way that Sharapova is straight. And you can often read that some player is overrated in looks department. Whatever that means.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:47 AM   #3298
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not "some" commentator, those ES commentators drool over WTA players all the time. I'm saying that Višković knows Ana for a very long time, you can say that they are close when they talk to each other.

Obraća mu se po imenu, ne persiraju jedno drugom. Malo mi je bljutava pomisao da on piše lepo o Ani zato što se loži na nju.

He was commentating on the fact that she has had some very lucrative sponsor contracts, that she's considered to be the most beautiful tennis player, it happened many times. That's the fact, but it doesn't mean that he's horny when he sees her. When you watch someone growing up, you develop a different relationship with that person.

And I still think that the age plays a big part in all that. I can't be attracted to a guy who's much younger or older than me, there's no reason to think that there are no men who feel the same. We are all humans, it can't be that different.
Apsolutno. Zato nikad ne vidis matorce koji po Beogradu setaju devojke od dvae's i nesto.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:55 AM   #3299
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Apsolutno. Zato nikad ne vidis matorce koji po Beogradu setaju devojke od dvae's i nesto.
Retko odlazim u Beograd, ali kad god vidim tako nešto (bilo gde), povraća mi se. Nemam baš liberalna shvatanja po tom pitanju iako imam liberalna shvatanja po mnogim drugim pitanjima. Ti muškarci verovatno sebi na taj način pokušavaju nešto da dokažu, kao što i iskompleksirane žene pokušavaju da izleče svoje komplekse botoksom.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #3300
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Ana's presser after losing to Errani:

Quote:
ANA IVANOVIC

Q. You got off to a great start today. What happened after that?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I was really pleased the way I started. I was really aggressive and I create a lot of opportunities for myself.

Then I felt in the second and third set she started raising her level a lot and putting a lot more on the ball.

Also on her serve and my serve I felt I had a great rhythm on it, but I just wasn’t making enough. I mean, my serve percentage was so poor. I think that was something that determined little bit the tone for the last two sets.

Also, I was making some unforced errors when I was too flatfooted.

Q. Do you still think you have difficulty with your ball toss?

ANA IVANOVIC: Obviously sometimes, but I don’t think it was an issue today. I really felt like I had a good rhythm on it, and some double faults really came out of nowhere. Maybe I wasn’t using my legs enough.

But it’s really disappointing, because I felt like I had a game and I was playing really well. Yeah, serve really let me down. Today in the warmup I served the best I served probably ever.

Q. Obviously disappointing result. Is it more disappointing because in the rallies you seemed to be in control of the point, and then it was just a little error? What was happening somehow?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I felt in the second set I actually drop intensity a little bit and I made some errors that really, you know, poor and I didn’t deserve to win those points.

And then I still managed to come back. But I played really lose game on 4‑All, and that kind of cost me a little bit that second set.

In the third set I was creating a lot of opportunities and missing a lot of easy, easy finishing balls. That’s something that I’m not really happy about.

Q. So does that make it even worse when you are in control, that it’s not the opponent who is playing brilliantly, but you feel you’re letting yourself down? You’ve lost yourself rather than somebody beating you?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, in a way I feel a little bit disappointed that I did beat myself in that third set. But, still, she played good and didn’t miss a lot.

At least I was going for my shots and I was aggressive and I was doing things I should be doing. You know, it’s my game, and I have to be persistent with it.
WHAT? That 3rd set was the biggest piece of brainless tennis I've ever seen.. rushed and desperate. And the second set she was pushing like there was no tomorrow.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote