~Ana's articles~ - Page 218 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #3256
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Google translation:

Quote:
TOP STORY
Ana Ivanovic: The family as the key to success
Posted on 30/05/2012

Tennis player Ana Ivanovic , who is in Rome at the tournament qualified for the next round and play great tennis impressed the audience and experts, the focus of interest of the media for privacy. I z vesna time beautiful athlete in the public does not confirm nor deny the news that ended the romance with Adam Scott .On the other hand, with a smile, which she does not descend from the face, clear complexion for radiant Beograđanka magazine "Hello!" Talks about his family, which is her favorite subject, saniranoj injury which she suffered for two months and stay in Rome. - Rome is very beautiful, romantic city, one of my favorite world cities. When you visit Rome, experience something new and carry those memories. Of course, w to long to keep the tournament, I will have more opportunities to tour the city - at the beginning of the conversation says a slender brunette with a permanent address in Switzerland. Dvadesetčetvorogodišnjakinji successful in a previous tennis tournaments to spend time with Serbian tennis players. - I like the combined tournament, especially because it's an opportunity to meet with friends, Novak, Janko, Zimonjic and Viktor. During the year the tennis tournaments, speak only English and it is refreshing to relax with friends and talk in their native language. Female athlete said that the injury is a muscle that was gained in March, when she was on the field medical help because she could not rely the leg, now healed and no longer feels pain. - I recovered from that injury. F female tennis is pretty intense and rarely am one hundred percent fit, in such a state that does not feel any discomfort or pain. More often they have. The key is that you take all the W to better recover and be w ready for next to me č - speaking mature athlete who is very tied to his younger brother Milos , who is studying in London. - We bad and I are very close and much I miss him. For good luck, we had the opportunity to meet recently in London, where Milo š study. It took the exam was hard and taught . Every day we talked and he'd always wished good luck before an exam - says Ana and says that her family support has always been the key to all successes achieved. - is certain to me is the family is always the most supportive and without their support I would not have succeeded. I am grateful to them because, for all w to have done for me throughout my career is, especially my mother. One of the most important decisions in the beginning of my career it was w to have agreed that my mother travels with me. Now that I'm older I travel with a smaller team, and h is often the only my coach Nigel. Of course, almost every day č hear with his family , but they h often attend tournaments - tells a charming tennis player on the mother Dragana , lawyers, and father, Miroslav , economists. known to be very c oli and children often talk about them in public. - I love Children always enjoy spending time with them. Č often people ask me to paint with their children. Since I am one of the older children in the family h I often took care of younger brothers and cousins ​​, and enjoyed himself in it - that says Ivanovic lives in the Swiss city of Basel. Although not often come to Belgrade, he likes his hometown. - I love our mentality and the Belgrade style f life. It is always a great pleasure to return to Belgrade to spend time with friends, family, and be among people who like to think as I do . I think we are good-rooted family values ​​w to us in some way determined . Basel does not have the same energy as Belgrade , but it is a great place to relax . That what I enjoy most in Basel have his peace and relaxed lifestyle - says the player that the whole world of thrills and ravishing their own appearance.
http://www.hellomagazin.rs/ana-ivano...-kljuc-uspeha/

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3257
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Google translation:

Quote:
Ivanovic: "I want to win another Grand Slam"
Posted on 30/05/2012 | 18:54, updated on 30/05/2012 | 6:54 p.m.

Ana Ivanovic (N.13) wants to reconnect with the peaks (AFP - PATRICK KOVARIK)
Ana Ivanovic, seeded No. 13, will go to the second round after his success on the Israeli Shahar Peer 6-2, 6-2. The Serb, winner of the 2008, do not despair of finding his best form in his favorite tournament.

Q. You play well, it's been a month since well you can play tennis, do you feel that you build something great?
R. Yes, absolutely. It is true that I play with much more consistency, it is true that I've lost matches I should have won, but I always had the feeling that I was improving, I was getting into power. It gives me confidence. Now I play with much more freedom, I build points better, I love playing. Of course, I feel at ease on clay, I feel comfortable on the courts.
Q. You spoke to accept pressure, 4 years ago you won Roland Garros. Now what do you think? Do you feel that no matter what happens in your career, you've realized a dream because you have won a Grand Slam and you were number one world? Or rather, as you won the tournament at a young age, you wait maybe more?
R. I have often asked this question but the answer is that I'm not happy because I always want to win games, that's what is inspiring. If I had not won the title at Roland Garros, maybe I would not be here. In fact, I want to win another Grand Slam or I will not be happy.
Q. You have won this tournament in 2008. You have good memories here does not it? You play here in Paris, what is so unique in Paris? What is different here compared to other Grand Slams?
R. This is the only Grand Slam that I won. Before, I had reached the quarterfinals. Every time I come here, I have good memories, I have good feelings, I love this tournament. Last year's edition of Roland Garros was the trickiest, most difficult. I come back here this year, I play better, I getting stronger, I'm in the third round. It means a lot to me. I hope I can go further. And I hope I will maintain the level of play that is mine.
http://www.francetv.fr/sport/ivanovi...nd-chelem-4341

Old May 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #3258
country flag gaviotabr

Google translation:

Quote:
RG: Ana express to the next round
A. St. / G. Čvorović | 30 maj 2012th 13:50> 19:27 | Comments: 1
I am pretty satisfied with my performance. The timing was good to me. It is, perhaps, more to move forward towards the ball, Ivanovic said after the Israeli victory over the Per

Back Ana Ivanovic
Ana Ivanovic made his way easily to third round at Roland Garros, beating Shahar Peer of 6:2, 6:2, for only 56 minutes. It was her first triumph over the Israeli after three successive defeats on the WTA tour, a chance for a new joy will have a match against Sara Errani in the struggle to enter the eighth Grand Slam finals.

- I am pretty satisfied with my performance. The timing was good to me. It is, perhaps, more to move forward towards the ball. Often I was away and some I missed the ball because of it. But it's hard to be more critical to this result.

* What is the play of the day in Paris by the great heat?

- The second match was a little easier than the first, when I was surprised how warm. I commented to the coaches at dinner that I have not ever played on clay and that I felt so much warmth. But I do not mind. I am used.

* What you were really happy at the end of this tournament?

- The first step for me to get into the quarterfinals. From Roland Garros 2008th I went to the quarterfinals, so we would have been the first goal.

* Does this reminds Ana of the one from 2008?

- It's definitely a compliment. A lot of questions we now ask in that direction. Frankly, I do not want to be the Ana. I want to be a new, better Ana, who moved up and said something and the game experience. I am happy now that I play. I went back aggression, we service a lot better. I have better continuity in the game, which contributes to my confidence - concluded Ivanovic.
http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.29...-sledece-runde

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #3259
country flag gaviotabr

Google translation:

Quote:
Ana B92: The aim of the quarter-RG
MJ
Serbian tennis player Ana Ivanović told B92 that would be very happy if this year reached the quarterfinals at Roland Garros.

Ana after winning the second round of Israeli tennis player Shahar Peer was very pleased, and the reason for the smile was visible improvement in her game

"Surely it was because of work I have invested a better game anyway. It's hard to be positive and cheerful when you lose 6-1, 6-1. Much better to play and the continuity which means a lot because it gives me more confidence, "says Ana.

Shahar Peer is a player who was near the top ten players and can always surprise you, but Ana's offensive game has managed to neutralize. " The plan was to play offensively with Nigel and I talked about it. It is a very good player who knows how to exploit an opponent's ball speed, a good move, especially on clay and a lot of returns. But I was aggressive enough I went to the network, which was very important, well I served on its service and I was very aggressive so she had a little gem ball on his serve , "explains Anna. Before Anna was still a tough match, her next opponent Sara Errani who this year won a tournament in Acapulco and Barcelona, ​​and played the doubles final. But Ana is considered to be a day of rest and good tactics which will be prepared to coach Nigel Sirsi go to the next round. " It will certainly be very difficult, I played a few years ago with her ​​at Roland Garros, I think it was the 2009th and immediately afterwards at Wimbledon, and then I won. But it sure will be a tough match because she is playing the best in his career, won a few tournaments earlier in the year. I expect a very tough match, but I have one more day to prepare, with Nigel to talk about strategy. It is also a lot of players who returned, and played more aggressively than Shahar, and there are few better service so that in any case be a little harder , "says Ana. Serbian tennis player says that her primary goal of the season at Roland Garros sales for the quarter, that was last played the 2008th when she won the French Open. " I am happy that progress in the development of my game. I know that some things take time and it's a process. When I was a little more relaxed and accepted that not everything here and now as I want and expect somehow it all went better. With Nigel really have a great cooperation and good communication that really helps me and calms me when I'm nervous. As for the goals at Roland Garros I was really happy to get into the quarterfinals, it would be a first target because since 2008. I entered a Grand Slam quarterfinal. It would be a great first step, then a new motivation and new focus for further , "said Ana. Ivanovic and added that the goal for the season to finish among the top ten and qualify for the Masters in Istanbul. "I have a great chance to back in the top ten because I do not defend a lot of points in the next few months. The second goal is to play the final tournament in Istanbul, and I would love to get into the top five. I know it's hard because there are plenty of players who are playing well now and continuously. But if I finished the first eight years in which I qualified for the Masters in the last year in Istanbul, it would mean very much, "concluded Ana.
http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/maste...&nav_id=614253

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3260
country flag gaviotabr

Ana's presser after 2nd round win:

Quote:
Ivanovic - 30.5.2012 -
A. IVANOVIC/S. Peer 6 2, 6 2

Q. Playing on outside courts, small interview rooms afterwards. Does it take a lot pressure off your shoulders?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's the pressure I put on myself. Actually, we were joking because we just walked in the main interview room and no one was there. They told us we were in a small one. I said, Oh, that was ambitious walking in the big one.
No, just doesn't matter really.

Q. So kind of form wise you've been playing well, right, more or less the last month or so. Do you feel like your slowly building to something big now?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. What makes me really happy is that I've been playing really consistently. Even though I lost some matches I should have won or I should have put myself in a better position, I still felt always like I was improving with each week. That gives me confidence.
Now I'm starting to play a lot freer and enjoying competition and building points. Obviously coming back to clay it's always nice because I feel very comfortable on it.
But, you know, I actually started to enjoy the process, and that's what changed probably.

Q. So enjoying the process meaning you're not thinking so much about goals, but just what you have to do day to day with yourself and matches and all that?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, exactly. That's been the hardest part. Acceptance, whatever it is. Acceptance that I'll make mistakes. Acceptance that I will have a good day, I will have a bad day.
Unfortunately in this sport it's always up and down and very emotional. We play on big stages. People always look and judge, and that's very hard.
But just to be in peace with myself and to have goals set for myself in my head, that made the big difference. I don't put this outside pressure so much onto my back any more?

Q. So you're not staying up at night anymore just thinking about tennis?
ANA IVANOVIC: No, there are still sleepless nights. No, I actually try to be more positive and to have positive encouragement even when I'm thinking about tennis.

Q. So you were just talking about acceptance and being positive. Four years ago you won the French Open title. How do you feel about it now? Do you think that whatever happens in your career, you will have fulfilled a dream because you won at least one Grand Slam and you've been No. 1, or do you think that because you won the title at such a young age you should be eager for more?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it's very hard, because I thought about that question many times in my head. Actually the answer is probably I wouldn't be happy, you know, even though I achieved some of my dreams.
I still have hunger for more. That's what drives me and that's what inspires to me to get up in the morning and to work hard. If wasn't for that, I wouldn't be here.
So, yeah, to answer your question, I wouldn't be happy. That's why I want to win another Grand Slam.

Q. You have won this tournament in 2008. You have so many memories from here. What does it feel like playing Paris? What it has to be so unique and different than the other Grand Slams for you?
ANA IVANOVIC: This was my first Grand Slam ever as junior even, and I reached quarterfinals so it was a huge success at age of 14. Every time I came back here I had a good memories and feelings about this place and this tournament.
Last year probably has been the hardest one for me ever. To come back here this year and play better and go through to the third round, it means a lot.
I really hope I can even go further and, you know, hopefully keep the good games that I've been having.

Q. I know you're focused on your own tournament and everything obviously, but last night was a big event in the women's draw with Serena going out, one of five former champions here, along with yourself. What was your immediate reaction on hearing that news last night?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, to be honest I was a little bit surprised, because I was just about to go for dinner when they were playing the tiebreak, and then I saw the tiebreak and I saw that she lost.
I went for dinner, and afterwards when I heard I was a little surprised. Virginie played really well in the tiebreak what I've seen. So I don't know what happened, but she must have played really well.

Q. Do you think it opens it up for yourself, everyone else? In your part of draw it's good.
ANA IVANOVIC: I'm on the other side of the draw. It's always unfortunate when a tournament loses such a player early in it.
But there are a lot of good players out there. Like I was saying before, I think it's a Grand Slam, and a lot of people try to play their best. Sometimes they play better than they can ever play. So you always have tough matches.

Q. Your next opponent, Sara Errani, you haven't played her for a while. She's been doing well in recent months. Thoughts on that matchup.
ANA IVANOVIC: I think I played her last year or no, two years ago maybe I played her here. I remember. She's very tough opponent. She won almost ever clay court tournament this year earlier in the year, so she's definitely a clay court player.
It's going to be good challenge. I think it's very important to play like today: really aggressive and try to come in and take the ball early, take time away from her.
I still have another day to prepare and talk through with my coach because he watched that match earlier today, and see how it goes.

Q. A funny question. Many people say, Ana is so bright. She has such interesting opinions about so many different things. She thinks so much; she judges too much. Do you sometimes think you judge or think too much?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I can tell you I was on my own last night and I wasn't bored. Yeah, no, I sometimes get too philosophical and just go too deep into everything. Not necessarily tennis, but just everything.
I raise the questions that sometimes I like to exchange and talk to people about and just learn. I think it's amazing the way everyone works and everyone is so different and everyone has their own experience.
Me, myself, I've been so fortunate from a young age. I experienced so many different things and different cultures, different people, different views.
To challenge that and to even discuss it further, it's always lots of fun.
http://www.ubitennis.com/sport/tenni...c_2012_-.shtml

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3261
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Back to depression

http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/maste...&nav_id=614812
JAS_ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM   #3262
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Did she say she gave her best? WTF?

The video of her english presser is at RG web as well: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #3263
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Did she say she gave her best? WTF?

The video of her english presser is at RG web as well: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html
She said she did her best at those moments.
I wonder if she picked this up in self-help books or she is actually talking to someone...
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #3264
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
She said she did her best at those moments.
I wonder if she picked this up in self-help books or she is actually talking to someone...
That's major bullshit and doesn't help her at all IMHO.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM   #3265
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
That's major bullshit and doesn't help her at all IMHO.
I think that's the first step in dealing with "coulda shoulda woulda" mentality. When someone is stuck on past mistakes, the first step to stop ruminating and wallowing in guilt is acceptance (she talked about it in some presser) - to accept that that was the best that she could have done at that moment (all things - including her bat shit crazy head - considered). Which is true in a sense: if she could have done better, she would have.
So, maybe she is addressing it.
If she is, she should continue, if she isn't she needs to start ASAP.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM   #3266
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i actually like it that she said she has nothing to complain about and that she is not going to let this hamper her progress. somebody must have been telling her that her losses shouldn't haunt her now she needs to learn the same about lost sets, games and points and you have a player who can live up to her true potential.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #3267
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I think that's the first step in dealing with "coulda shoulda woulda" mentality. When someone is stuck on past mistakes, the first step to stop ruminating and wallowing in guilt is acceptance (she talked about it in some presser) - to accept that that was the best that she could have done at that moment (all things - including her bat shit crazy head - considered). Which is true in a sense: if she could have done better, she would have.
So, maybe she is addressing it.
If she is, she should continue, if she isn't she needs to start ASAP.
I think acceptance is fine.. but thinking that you couldn't do best when you clearly could is limiting yourself. She just needs to learn how to use it as a motivation, as a "I won't let happen again", instead of berating herself like she does. Thinking she did the best she could makes her see herself as worse than she is, opens the door to lack of self confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i actually like it that she said she has nothing to complain about and that she is not going to let this hamper her progress. somebody must have been telling her that her losses shouldn't haunt her now she needs to learn the same about lost sets, games and points and you have a player who can live up to her true potential.
I agree about this. She can't let it hamper her progress.. but should use this as motivation.

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM   #3268
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

She says this is the best she can do at the moment?WTF? Also says service decided.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM   #3269
country flag JAS_

Was just watching her on B92. She actually looks good and it doesn't look like she was crying. That's a great sign. She doesn't seem too sad, which is good.
She also mentioned physical condition and that her errors were a result of poor positioning. Serve was the key and says she brought Sara back to life with her mistakes. No kidding...

Says she won't play American tournos after Wimby. I think thats' what she said, not sure.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3270
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was just watching her on B92. She actually looks good and it doesn't look like she was crying. That's a great sign. She doesn't seem too sad, which is good.
She also mentioned physical condition and that her errors were a result of poor positioning. Serve was the key and says she brought Sara back to life with her mistakes. No kidding...

Says she won't play American tournos after Wimby. I think thats' what she said, not sure.
Yes, I heard it too. She said that she served perfectly on the practice session, but couldn't do the same in the actual match. She said that she played a horrible game when it was 4:4 in second. I agree. She missed every return.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote