~Ana's articles~ - Page 214 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #3196
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Ana Ivanovic - 15.3.2012
IVANOVIC b Bartoli 63 64

Q. You must be very pleased. Can you tell us what you particularly liked with your game today?
ANA IVANOVIC: Um, I actually really liked that eighth game in the first set. I thought that was kind of a turning point, because after that point we both played really solid.
That game I really stepped up, you know, another notch and I really stayed low and I was sort of aggressive with my feet. I thought that was something I was lacking in the beginning a little bit.
I really played well the next few games, and then beginning of the second set I broke her straightaway. I think that was very important, and I'm very pleased about it.

Q. Before you broke her game you talked to your coach. What kind of magic words did he give to you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, actually, he said I'm doing fine. He just said, you know, Be aggressive and step up a bit more. That's exactly what I felt, as well. I wasn't executing as well as I did in the previous matches, so I really tried to sort of let go and strike the ball well.
That's what I did, and that was very important.

Q. When you have so much success early in your career and then when you start kind of on this way back, how difficult is it mentally to realize that you've got the potential to get back to where you were?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it is very hard, I think. And also, you know, they say experience is a good thing and you learn from your experiences, but, you know, when you're young and upcoming you don't have these experiences. You don't know what to expect or what the consequences are. You just go with it.
And then with so many experiences and everything it does help you at some points, but also it sometimes creates a doubt. You know, because you analyze and think too much.
But, you know, I'm just very happy that the work I put in, that it's, you know, paying off and I'm starting to put it together in matches, in the big matches, too.

Q. You talked about revenge for both Wozniacki earlier this year and Bartoli last year. How much do you think about that when you're preparing for the match or when you're on the court?
ANA IVANOVIC: Not really, no. I spoke to my coach about the match today, and he's like, Okay, now, you tell me what you remember from last match. I said, Actually, I don't remember anything, you know. It's really a match at a time.
Every time it's different circumstances as well, and you have to adjust and you have to, you know, adjust your game a little bit, as well.
But I really knew I had to be aggressive. She does strike the ball a lot harder than maybe it looks. And also, her serve comes through a lot more than it seems. I really tried to stay positive and to accept that she might hit some really good shots and winners, but, you know, she might miss some, too.
It wasn't gonna be as much rhythm in the matches as I had maybe with Caroline. So I just accepted that and went on the court with that mentality.

Q. Is the reason her ball is faster than it looks because her technique is so unusual?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, for sure that's the case, also. And she stays really low and she takes the ball very early.
So she hits quite flat.

Q. When Bartoli took that timeout in the second set, did she explain what was going on? What did you understand of the situation?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, obviously she called the doctor. They did not have a timeout, so it was just evaluation. So I actually thought she was feeling dizzy.
It was a little bit strange second set, you know, just sorry to say. But afterwards, I asked her, and she said she had some virus. So I guess that was the reason.

Q. There have been times over the last few years when you've talked about playing aggressive, and you actually have played aggressive but the balls weren't staying in the court necessarily. So what's the difference now when you're playing aggressive and actually keeping them inside?
ANA IVANOVIC: I worked so much on trying to get cover on the ball and just staying low. I think also with confidence it comes that you sort of finish your shots. I felt like lots of times I would execute well in the past and I would doubt it so I would pull out a little bit, and then the result wouldn't be, you know, as good as if I stayed through the ball.
This is what I really work hard on, just finishing my shots and getting cover, especially on my forehand. This is one thing I think I talked about it in Dubai it's really weird that forehand has been my bad shot, and Nigel, the first thing he said, We have to work on your forehand. I'm like, why?
It is the case, and I feel a lot more confident executing.

Q. What did he do specifically with your forehand? He said what, Bend lower or you're not following through enough or what?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it is definitely getting lower and getting in better position. But also getting more work on the ball, so a lot more spin. Getting the racquet head underneath the ball more.

Q. Is there anybody else you want revenge on in the near future?
ANA IVANOVIC: Next match I play (smiling).
No, I just want to try and keep this level up and try to enjoy it. I'm actually having fun competing. And, you know, having tough matches and having good challenges, that's what it's all about.
It's nice to actually, you know, play matches rather than just have practice weeks.

Q. How many people do you have in your team now? How many people are traveling with you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Just Nigel.

Q. Is that it?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yes.

Q. Are you comfortable with some kind of smaller team?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I definitely am. Obviously I have some help, you know, certain weeks for the physical side. But otherwise I'm really, really happy. We really communicate well, and I feel I can learn a lot from him still. That's really important.
I think we both enjoy that kind of relationship.

Q. Are you still talking to that doctor in Australia, the woman orthopedist?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah.

Q. Does she give you a program of what you need to do?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely.

Q. So what are you doing during the tournaments?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I have been doing beginning of the week, last three or four days I haven't done anything because I have been playing quite a lot. But I have been doing lots of upper body strength and some strength for legs, as well, to sort of like tracking a little more.
You know, one part of the body, it's a little bit weaker than the other, so I tried to even that and do all these kind of exercises.
And then get my shoulders a bit stronger so I can get that spin on the ball.

Q. You were mentioning the other day the Infidel, the book you're reading. Can you tell us a little bit more about how you select your reading material? Do you get recommendations from friends? Book reviews? Wander around the bookstore looking at things? And also, do you try to alternate between serious and more entertaining stuff? Infidel is pretty heavy.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yes, this was actually a present, yeah. I got it just the other day from a friend.
She said, Oh, it's really, really good book. I'm gonna get it for you. So she did.
I actually like to alternate sometimes if I'm on holidays just to have a lighter read, just, you know, love story and something light hearted. But also I like to learn from the books, as well.
This one, I think you can learn a lot about other cultures, as well, and just also psychology a little bit. And also I actually enjoy reading autobiographies, too.

Q. It's incredible, if you think about it, that you haven't play Sharapova since the Australian Open Final four years ago.
ANA IVANOVIC: Has it been that long? Yeah, it is actually pretty amazing. I didn't think it was that long.

Q. Given that you've both been on tour a while and you're Grand Slam champions, do you want to talk about specifically your feelings towards her and how her game has evolved and if you play her what you think you have to do?
ANA IVANOVIC: Actually, I have seen her play a little bit. I have been watching a bit more of tennis lately. She's definitely still has, you know, same style, really aggressive, and sort of she goes for that first hit, and obviously big serve. That, I think, improved in her game, as well. It's gonna be tough match.
Obviously it's very hard to say when you don't actually feel the ball and we haven't played in a long time so that's something I'm gonna make adjustments once I'm on the court.
I definitely want to focus on what I'm doing out there, and it's very important probably also to expose her movement.

Q. What do you remember from that Australian Open final? It's been a while now.
ANA IVANOVIC: Oh, my God. I remember how much I cried afterwards. I actually remember one shot in particular. It still hurts me so much. Silly dropshot forehand. I know. I was like, Why? Seriously, why?

Q. It was on the break point?
ANA IVANOVIC: It was 30 All. I think it was 4 All, 30 All. I was doing really well, and I was like, Why? Just hit it. Just, why? Sometimes I try to be too fancy when there is no need for it.

Q. So you still have nightmares about that shot?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yes, yeah. I actually cried all the way home on the plane about that shot. (Laughter.)
Have you ever seen me do the dropshot again on my forehand? No. I tried to learn.

Q. In a respectful way though do you remember the semifinal with the squeaky shoes?
ANA IVANOVIC: I do. Yes, I do remember that. I still don't like, even here, even when I'm warming up, you can hear. It's just because the courts are hot. There is nothing I can do about that. I don't drag my shoes.

Q. On purpose?
ANA IVANOVIC: On purpose, yeah; otherwise I wouldn't be able to run. (Smiling.)

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...vic_2012.shtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3197
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Ana Ivanovic - 17.3.2012
Ivanovic d. SHARAPOVA 64 01 ret

Q. Can you tell us what happened? When did you start feeling any pain?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I started to feel it in the middle of the first set. I did not actually feel like anything pulled or anything, it just gradually got worse and worse. I really found it hard on 3 4 to return. I really couldn't push off and get up.
And then on my serve very next game it was getting worse and worse and I couldn't jump off my leg. I start to feel a lot of pain through my glute and couldn't load on my backhand side.
So after the treatment, it was just getting worse and worse rapidly. We taped it and then I tried to continue, but, like, it was at the end, I couldn't even return. I couldn't even stand there on my return. I couldn't load even if it was just on the right side.

Q. So what have you done after the end of the match?
ANA IVANOVIC: I have been icing it and I have been trying to arrange the MRI for tomorrow, because obviously it's a strain. You know, I think it's important to see how big it is or how the treatment, it's gonna be.

Q. Is it the first time it's happened to you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I had a strain in the past, but it's just very strange because I didn't feel like it on any particular shot.

Q. It was quite a high quality through that first half of that first set. Can you talk us through just before you picked up the injury kind of how things were going out there for you?
ANA IVANOVIC: No, I'm very disappointed, because I felt like I was playing really good tennis and it was great match. We were pushing each other, and we both had been playing well actually from the first moment on in that match.
I thought that the whole two weeks I have been playing really, really well. It's very disappointing to finish it this way. You know, at the end, it just wasn't about tennis, you know.
Yeah, I'm sad.

Q. Have you heard anything more particular than the strain? Glute, you said?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it's my glute. I went straight to doctor and he said obviously it's a strain, but he can't say anything. He needs to see the MRI. So tomorrow morning, first thing I'm gonna do is get that checked and see what kind of tear or strain it is.
And therefore, he said, I can let you know how long it's gonna take for it to recover.

Q. I know you were talking after the Bartoli match, how helpful Nigel was when he came out to visit. What sort of things was he saying today about your injury?
ANA IVANOVIC: Oh, I mean, I just called him to ask him what to do. I felt like I couldn't load, and, you know, at this level you need to be 100% in order to play. I could not load on my backhand and I couldn't jump on my serve, so, you know, I was really feeling, you know, hopeless, you know, because there was no way I could play that level.
You know, obviously it was the only way. I don't even know like, we didn't even talk about tennis at all.

Q. You were talking earlier this week about how you regretted playing through the thumb injury that you had after Wimbledon. In terms of picking up another injury now and we're heading into a pretty busy part of the schedule, I mean, how are you gonna use that experience to look at which tournaments you play, which ones you pull out of?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, that's why I really want to get it checked tomorrow so I know exactly what I'm dealing with. At this moment I don't know. I just know it's painful to walk up the stairs.
Yeah, I just want to actually see what I have. But I'm gonna try I have physio in Miami, so she's gonna be there. I'm gonna try and get there as soon as I can and start treatment.
But definitely gonna take a few days off and see how that plays out. But that was another reason I thought there was no point of continuing, because these kind of injuries only can get worse.

Q. I know this is obviously a really unfortunate way to end the tournament, but is there any way you can step back a little and talk about the progress that you had been making and still feel good about the steps that you've taken this week in the last couple of matches?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I mean, it's been amazing two weeks. I really felt like I have been playing the best tennis probably played in a very, very long time. It wasn't only one match. It was very consistently.
You know, even today and against top players I can bring that level. That's what's very encouraging. You know, I hope it's nothing that's gonna put me away from court for too long so I can start straight back into it.
Because I feel physically very good. I have been playing lots of matches and didn't even have a muscle pain. It's a bit unfortunate, and I really want to keep at it and try to get stronger and improve.

Q. Was it weird standing there in the tunnel, you know, standing there with Maria? You haven't played since '08. What are some of the emotions there?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, actually I tried to just focus on what I had to do out there. I knew obviously it was, you know, big occasion, and I really wanted to play well.
That's why I'm really happy I started well from the first moment on. You know, actually in the tunnel they asked me, and I said, You know, it's strange, you know, because in a way last time we played it was like the biggest rivalry at that time. We haven't played since, which is little strange a little bit.
Yeah, it's been exciting to have opportunity to play against top players again.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...vic_2012.shtml
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #3198
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Diary

Quote:
Progress report

As I write this I still feel a lot of frustration regarding my Indian Wells semi-final. I felt like I was playing very well and had a good chance to win it when I became injured. I know it’s part of the sport, and it’s probably the most difficult part!

It’s harder to deal with than losses really, because you feel like you didn’t get the chance to test yourself properly.

Still, there are obviously a lot of positives to take away from this tournament. I really love Indian Wells! It’s one of the tournaments where I always seem to do well and enjoy myself so much.

The tournament is so well organized. I have some friends who sometimes visit and they also love it. If I were a fan and not a player, this is the tournament I would always try to go to, along with the Australian Open.

Playing three top 10 players in a row – Wozniacki, Bartoli and Sharapova – was a lot of fun. I’ve missed that feeling of competing regularly against the top players, but I am confident I will be experiencing it again in the not too distant future. I am definitely moving in the right direction and I think I’m just about top 10 according to results this year only.

Fortunately my injury, a glute strain, doesn’t seem serious and I was told by the doctors that I should be okay for Miami next week. I’ll work hard with my physio over the next few days to do everything possible to get fit.

Assuming I stay healthy, the next few months are full of opportunities for me. I will play five events during the clay court season: I’ve decided to add Stuttgart t to my schedule, and the weekend that before I will play Fed Cup in Russia.

This is an historic moment as Serbia plays in the semi-finals for the first time. It will be a tough match but we are all very optimistic.

Love
Ana
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #3199
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Yey, she's playing FC. Glad she decided to do that. Plus Stuttgart. I'm really happy
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #3200
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

The decision to play a smaller tournament before Madrid and Rome is soooo important. She won't be so vulnerable in early rounds. I really believe that her result on RG last year would've been much better had she played more than 4 matches on clay before that. Larsson was completely prepared, while Ana's movement on clay looked kinda awkward. Good schedule.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #3201
country flag Balltossovic
O,fficial Blood Pressure Checker of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving this!

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #3202
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

After yesterday's match:

Quote:
Q. Interesting match. She's the kind of player you have to beat all the time to get back to where you want to be. Is that a difficult situation? Does that make it a little tense out there?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. It was a very tough match for me.
I knew from the beginning that it will be, you know, very tough third round I think for both of us. We played a lot of times in the past. We always have tough matches. Even in practice, it's always, you know, tight.
So I really tried to stay calm and work and concentrate on what I was doing out there. I played really well in the first set.
I think I started to rush a little more in the second and I created lots of opportunities, but I started to want to close out the match and wanted to rush and rush. I was focused more on the end result rather than in the moment what I was doing and then I lost a bit of rhythm on my serve.
But I'm really happy that I managed to keep composed and then win the tiebreaker. It was a very, very important win for me today.

Q. She's a particularly dangerous player to play when she could hit 15 winners in a row and make a lot errors. Does that make her difficult?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she's tricky player. She has improved her forehand. I think she has more on it. Her backhand has always been her better shot.
She definitely if you feel her hit, she can hit very, very strong and deep. This is what happens. Sometimes I was a little bit too passive.
But, you know, I really tried to stay low and tried to, you know, be aggressive and do that, you know, first hit and put her under pressure.
So, yeah, I'm just really happy I hung in there and stayed calm in the tiebreak.

Q. Things seem to be coming together for you now. Any reason you think that things are starting to gel again?
ANA IVANOVIC: I have been working really, really hard. Ever since I started working with Nigel I felt like it was a good match. We actually could see improvements straightaway, but it wasn't really coming in the matches. It would come one and not the other.
I thought in the offseason we could put the good in and also focus on my body and getting it in the right shape. Because I always had little pains and niggles, and I worked really, really hard and I'm really excited to see results.
Because, you know, you can play as well as you want in a practice court, but if you don't put it in a match, it's a different story. You don't back yourself up.
This is something I'm very excited about and thrilled.

Q. You get Venus Williams next. Like I said before, you played a lot of times before. What are your thoughts about her? Have you seen any of her play this week?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I've seen the match before mine. You know, it's always tough playing both of them. You know, it's good to see her back. I think it's going to be an interesting match.
You know, I definitely saw a little bit of today's match, but once you step on the court and you can feel the ball and the speed of the ball, it's a little bit different story.
But, you know, still it's going to be very difficult to focus on what I have been doing and try to apply things I have been working on. Me and Nigel are going to sit tomorrow and have a chat about the match and make a tactic, make a plan about the approach.

Q. I know this happened before with you and Daniela when you're wearing the same outfit on court. What are your thoughts on that happening or you know it's going to happen?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it's pretty funny. We were joking, at least one was blonde and one was brunette. It would be problem if I played Sorana.
But, no, it is a little bit strange. You look up and you see yourself (smiling). It's like, Is that a mirror?
No, but I think it's a nice outfit.

Q. Venus is admittedly obsessed with going to a fourth Olympics. Obviously the Olympics didn't work out the way you would have preferred in Beijing. Is that something that's a big focus for you this year?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I'm very thrilled, you know, to have opportunity to play in London. It's exciting I think for every athlete. Even though I didn't play in Beijing, still, to be part of it was very, very thrilling.
Um, I think this year with Olympics there it's that much harder. It makes with so many big events. We have French, Wimbledon, US Open, and then Olympics and US Open. So it all feels kind of jammed together.
But it's very exciting. I think everyone wants to peak their best. I hope I can get a medal, any kind of medal.

Q. Will you played in the mixed doubles?
ANA IVANOVIC: I will play with Zimonjic.

Q. Is it hard to keep your faith and optimism this year if you don't get back where you want to be right away? You have to change coaches or you have injury and you slip back a little bit. Is it day to day? Is it difficult to force yourself?
ANA IVANOVIC: It is difficult, and especially because I'm a perfectionist and I always want to do everything the right way and I always wanted to make everything perfect.
When it's not happening, you start to, you know, doubt and start to question so many things. And to analyze.
Sometimes that's not good. You try to make quick fixes and you try like I was expecting, you know, it to come back like so easy and so fast.
But unless you really put your head down and just take it day by day and actually enjoy the process and, you know, understand that it might not happen as fast as you hope for...
You know, once you accept it, hey it might take a year. But I'm going to keep at it. I'm going to be persistent as long as it takes, and that's when it start happening.

Q. When did you and Nenad decide you were going to play together?
ANA IVANOVIC: It was actually I think maybe two years ago. In April he called me, and he's like I was like, Okay, hi. He said, Do you want to play mixed in Olympics? I'm like, It's three years away. He's like, Yeah. Do you want to play? I'm like, Okay.
So that's how it happened.

Q. Before your serve was an issue. Is it one of the areas you feel is coming back and that Nigel has really helped you with?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. We worked a lot on my serve, and that's something that needed improvement. You know, even now, every day I work on it and it's still not great, not where I want it to be.
But it's much, much better, and it helps me win more matches and helps me, you know, get out of trouble sometimes.
You know, I felt like that was a big part of my game, because I felt when I couldn't serve well my whole game was falling apart because I was a little bit stressed about it.
So now having confidence that I can serve well and win my service games, it takes lots of pressures off.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #3203
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Read this on twitter:
Quote:
Matt Cronin ‏ @TennisReporters

1 major take away from Ivanovic's loss to Venus last night is that Ana still needs 2 improve fitness - lost her legs in 3rd
Is this true? I mean, I think I read a few times on his twitter this same thing before, after other matches. Has Ana said this?
I am really getting annoyed as hell to read this. Please. I mean, WTF is wrong with Ana and her fitness? Why is it taking her eons to get fit???
Venus can go out of the game, treat injuries, come back, beat Ana, then do it again a year later, in three sets? And Ana is still not fit enough?
What is wrong with this picture?
So back to the same old question - does she not do enough work to get fit? Or does she do it wrong?
Or maybe it's only the consequence of a lackadaisical off season and the firing of Scott Byrnes? Ana's decisions are costing her dearly. Or do the Williams sisters know something Ana doesn't? Or, this is just a cover up for another reason?

We are not talking about some rare talent here, it's just about being professional - they are getting paid for their work millions, the money others can only dream of. I am beginning to respect workers like Woz more and more.
This is pathetic.
Not to mention that even Woz beat Serena.
In fact, one of the main reasons I became a fan of Ana's was that I perceived her as a worker, as opposed to say Janko who was all about "talent" (his perception of it, that is), or Jelena for that matter. But apparently, I have to be punished for my fandom, so Ana has become all the things I hate.
Seriously, if Ana doesn't start beating WS players now, when they are declining, she never will. Just like Henin.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #3204
country flag Cajka

There's a video in result thread, someone uploaded 2nd and 3rd set. You can find it there.

She looked very tight from the beginning, as if she wasn't able to move her legs, so she was spraying everywhere, worse than Vee, she even had more unforced errors in the first set.

I'm not sure if the fitness was an issue. The points were short, the match wasn't very long. The match against Pervak was longer, Pervak was making her run a lot more, but she didn't lose her breathe. She won the next two matches after that. To me it looked like she was tired of choking, errors, wasting the chances. In the last game I had an impression that her body was telling: "I'll never beat her again, let's finish this shit already." She can't fight. It looks like she found the way to fight against lower ranked players, but not against elite players. She needs a fitness coach and physio in her team, but she need a psychologist too. Her mind is not fit. She can't find an optimism and energy in her mind and to translate it into her game. There is an improvement, but if she wants really big things, it takes a mental effort besides physical. I hope she's not ignoring it.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3205
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Cronin did said, more than once, that Ana needs to improve her fitness.

Allistair McCaw, a fitness expert and trainer said in February :"Ana Ivanovic lost too much weight, too soon. She lost muscle, endurance. Adidas is getting her too involved in looking like a model. Ana needs to add 3-4 kg muscle to increase strength and endurance. If she doesn't want to gain muscle, then she needs to accept where she is right now".

McCaw's opinion started very interesting conversation on twitter, and discussion became "nasty" when Sven and Myles joined (they attacked both, McCaw and Miguel Seabra). Seabra, editor of Jornal do Tenis and ES commentator, said : "Last year i was there when 2 former Ana Ivanovic's coaches discussed the issue - SHE doesn't want to gain weight/muscle". Sven and Myles were defending Ana, especially Adidas, coaches and their involvement in Ana's decision to lose weight.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #3206
country flag Cajka

But last week she said that she's been working in a gym. IMO, it even became visible. And didn't Lojanica say that Ana fired her because of that weight loss? So many different stories...

2 weeks ago in IW her fitness seemed to be fine (except for that creepy injury thing, which wasn't serious). It can't change in 2 weeks. And the match against Vee wasn't so demanding in fitness department. It's ridiculous to continue the year without a fitness coach however, but I don't believe that she lost any match this year because of her fitness. When she lost those matches against Kim and Vee it was all so predictable. When Vee and Kim started playing only a bit better, the matches were over. No response.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #3207
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

I think that her loss against Venus has nothing in common with her fitness! Right now she is just afraid of top players (Kim, Serena, Venus and maybe Maria)! In the past it was the same story - for example her h2h with Justine was disappointing and that losses happend even in 2007/08 (seassons when Ana was playing her best tennis so far). It is all in her head, she makes pressure to herself knowing that those girls are top players, one of the best in tennis ever etc. Great fitness or best coach won't change that, there is a psihologist but I know she never used to talk with... She learned (I hope so) how to play against those average players as someone said, but her comeback in top 10 or top 5 and second week of slams will require a psihologist in her team!
Anyway, her performance in IW and Miami was good, she is more confident right now (not against top players indeed), much calmer than she used to be and her clay seasson should bring new progress, not just in ranking but also in everything else! She will be placed in spot #14 by monday which is her best in a long time...
Good luck, and try to advance even more!
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #3208
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Милан_СРБ View Post
I think that her loss against Venus has nothing in common with her fitness! Right now she is just afraid of top players (Kim, Serena, Venus and maybe Maria)! In the past it was the same story - for example her h2h with Justine was disappointing and that losses happend even in 2007/08 (seassons when Ana was playing her best tennis so far). It is all in her head, she makes pressure to herself knowing that those girls are top players, one of the best in tennis ever etc. Great fitness or best coach won't change that, there is a psihologist but I know she never used to talk with... She learned (I hope so) how to play against those average players as someone said, but her comeback in top 10 or top 5 and second week of slams will require a psihologist in her team!
Anyway, her performance in IW and Miami was good, she is more confident right now (not against top players indeed), much calmer than she used to be and her clay seasson should bring new progress, not just in ranking but also in everything else! She will be placed in spot #14 by monday which is her best in a long time...
Good luck, and try to advance even more!
exactly, fitness is an excuse. It's mental. IN her match against Bartoli at IW, she said to Nigel "i Can't move, my legs are heavy", that was the beginning of the first set.

I hope Nigel knows this and does not start a witchhunt for something that is totally wrong
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3209
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
exactly, fitness is an excuse. It's mental. IN her match against Bartoli at IW, she said to Nigel "i Can't move, my legs are heavy", that was the beginning of the first set.

I hope Nigel knows this and does not start a witchhunt for something that is totally wrong
I believe that her legs were heavy in that match, but that is not because of bad fitness it is all in her head! Psihologist would be right solution for her, I hope she will cooperate with someone (someday)!
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3210
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Милан_СРБ View Post
I believe that her legs were heavy in that match, but that is not because of bad fitness it is all in her head! Psihologist would be right solution for her, I hope she will cooperate with someone (someday)!
Yes, she started moving better after saying that here legs are heavy. Once she started playing a bit better, it woke her up.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!