~Ana's articles~ - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #3166
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

The different version of the interview with Genčić. http://www.alo.rs/sport/46982/Gencic...i_ste_proslost

If someone is interested, I can translate it tonight. Jelena Genčić is the woman who discovered Seleš and Đoković and she was talking about Ana and JJ in this article. She says that they don't train enough, that they care about modeling and clothes designing more than about tennis. She thinks that they have had a great career, but that now they are done.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3167
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Милан_СРБ View Post
Where did you find connection between my post and Gencic statement???
She used to be a factor in this game few years ago, now that isn't case - I didn't say she is done with tennis, she is not important player like she used to be before, that is a fact! I don't like that because she is much more talented player than half of top 20 players, but that doesn't mean she has to retire! She needs to continue her battle!
Right, and that's exactly what she said. Don't be so literal. Clearly, she didnt mean Ana and Jelena should retire from tennis, just that they are done with significant results. Anyways, if you read the version Cajka posted, you will see thats exactly the case.

Also, for Cajka, she also didnt say Anas tennis is the same or worse as Kournikovas. Where do you people read all that?
She only said she will be remembered for her looks, which is to say that her looks currently outshines her tennis. And is that not true? Dont people praise more her looks than tennis?

Even in this forum her looks is praised more than her tennis, in fact her tennis is usually facepalmed at. While Ana KADS for life drool over her looks, nonfans admire her tennis more? The days of her peak tennis are long past, and its beauty is fading with hours, while her own beauty is in full bloom. If it stays like that until she retires, thats how she will be remembered I dont see anything outlandish in that claim.

Last edited by JAS_ : Mar 8th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #3168
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
If that's really the case, what kind of weird journalists do you have in Serbia . They couldn't write good articles by themselves but have to scavenge and plagiarise from some online forum? This doesn't sound like a very healthy media situation...

Is the situation in Serbia somewhat different when it comes to defamation? Do the press more or less get away with whatever?
The media situation isnt a total disaster, but it is very far from good. And when it comes to Ana it is pretty much a complete disaster because all its defects and flaws are manifest in her situation.

On the one hand, press can still get away with a lot, and on the other, they dont dare even come close to some things.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #3169
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Also, for Cajka, she also didnt say Anas tennis is the same or worse as Kournikovas. Where do you people read all that?
She only said she will be remembered for her looks, which is to say that her looks currently outshines her tennis. And is that not true? Dont people praise more her looks than tennis?

Even in this forum her looks is praised more than her tennis, in fact her tennis is usually facepalmed at. While Ana KADS for life drool over her looks, nonfans admire her tennis more? The days of her peak tennis are long past, and its beauty is fading with hours, while her own beauty is in full bloom. If it stays like that until she retires, thats how she will be remembered I dont see anything outlandish in that claim.

Well, tennis player that will be remembered as a beauty + tennis player who's more dedicated to modeling than training = pretty much Kournikova IMO. At least, it was my impression before I read the longer version of the article. The longer version is much better and the whole interview makes more sense. You can see that Genčić is disappointed and worried like many of us here. I don't believe that the reason for the slump of Serbian sisters is modeling, fashion or whatever. At least it can't be the main reason, the main distraction. I mean, what would you choose, to be an awful designer or the best tennis player in the world?

Anyway, I wasn't talking only about Genčić, but also about all those smart asses who say things like: "Retire, Ana, be a model while you still can." lol She can be a "model" only as long as she's a pro. It was never an option for her and she's not "model type", even tough she's more beautiful than many famous models.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #3170
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I don't believe that the reason for the slump of Serbian sisters is modeling, fashion or whatever. At least it can't be the main reason, the main distraction. I mean, what would you choose, to be an awful designer or the best tennis player in the world?
If only life were that simple. You choose what you want, and thats it. Obviously if you only choose from two options on paper, everyone would choose whats best for them. There would be no smokers, no drug addicts, no school dropouts, everyone would choose to exercise and eat healthy and follow whatever their plan for great life is to a tee.
But, things are not that easy. There is effort tied to these choices and it is harder to be no. 1 tennis player than a lousy designer (who is living off of old fame earned as a no. 1 tennis player ). Its daily choices that lead up to the final result, not one big choice we make when we sit down and dream about future.
As Gencic said, and I always suspected, Ana and Jelena appear to be exercising way less than is needed for top results (according to her one hour vs. 7 hours).
Obviously I dont follow Ana around, but I can still make inferences based on what I do see.
I do think that all the photoshoots, her boyfriend and interviews add up to her scattered attention. And you just cant be no. 1 (or even less) in the world of tennis without full commitment. Sorry, this is worldwide competition, not some second league competition that you can win on talent alone. At the top level, every little thing matters.
Take swimmers for instance, they (men) even epilate. How much can body hair slow them down? Not a lot, but its tiny differences that all add up in the end.

Last edited by JAS_ : Mar 8th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #3171
country flag Cajka

The whole discussion in Serbian on last few pages was related to the article I tried to translate. You all probably know that my translations are not very good, but it's better than "google translate".

Quote:
Genčić: Ana and Jelena, you are done

They were the best in the world. Now they are just a part of WTA circuit and a good opportunity for younger tennis players to make a name (by beating them). Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic still belong to top of WTA, but, according to words of legendary Jelena Genčić, their glory days are over because they think too much about the things that are not related to sport.

Genčić: Tennis is a cruel sport. There are many new and hungry players who train 7 or 8 hours a day. How will Jelena and Ana be competitive against them if they train only an hour a day, while spending the rest of their time doing the other things. To be clear, I'm glad that Ivanovic is pretty, but she chose herself to be a model rather than tennis player. It's her choice and it should be respected, but then what's the points of statements like: "I'll be the best again, I'll be a top 5 player..." It doesn't work that way.

Can Jelena and Ana be #1 again?

Genčić: They could've been dominant even today with the right plan and (training) program. Now it's a different. They will never be the best again and that's what hurts the most.

Does it mean that they should retire?

Genčić: No, no way (they should do it). They should play as long as they are young (I changed it a bit, she basically said "until their seniority years"). Congrats for everything they've done, they made their dreams come true, they were the best in the world, it's a big thing. On the other hand, now they can only remember how it used to be.

Will they be angry at you after these words?

Genčić: No. They don't care what I say, they won't even see it. They are busy doing other things, because - when people reach certain age, some of them want to finish the college, some of them to become a model, someone wants to own a fashion collection, just like, probably, Jelena Janković wants to. Well, it's hard to accomplish all those things. You can't have it all. I want to have lamborghini, but I know that I can't afford it.

Do you have some advice for the best Serbian players (female, of course)?

Genčić: No, I don't. I'm not competent and they, obviously, don't need anyone. They claimed that they can work by themselves, that they don't need a coach, but they changed their minds after. The only thing I can say to them is that I'm very, very sorry that they will never be the best again.

Are you afraid that something similar can happen to Novak one day?

Genčić: I don't think so. He's too strong mentally. Maybe if he stays dominant until he's 27, he can relax a little bit, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Let's help Bojana!

Genčić: I don't know what is happening to Bojana Jovanovski. She was top 50 last year, but the slump came after that and now she's not even top 100 player. Serbian Tennis Association should stand behind her with full force, to help her. We must not lose her.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Mar 8th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #3172
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
If only life were that simple. You choose what you want, and thats it. Obviously if you only choose from two options on paper, everyone would choose whats best for them. There would be no smokers, no drug addicts, no school dropouts, everyone would choose to exercise and eat healthy and follow whatever their plan for great life is to a tee.
But, things are not that easy. There is effort tied to these choices and it is harder to be no. 1 tennis player than a lousy designer (who is living off of old fame earned as a no. 1 tennis player ). Its daily choices that lead up to the final result, not one big choice we make when we sit down and dream about future.
As Gencic said, and I always suspected, Ana and Jelena appear to be exercising way less than is needed for top results (according to her one hour vs. 7 hours).
Of course, I don't deny that there's a chance that they don't spend enough time training, I just think that it's not modeling or designing, if they weren't doing those things, they would be doing something else. Safin was partying and chasing women all the time, for example. You can always find the ways to occupy your time. But I don't think that those things are the main cause of their slump, they are more like consequence. At least that's how I see it. The true cause can be a lack of motivation, disappointments, mental weakness etc. So far we didn't find out wtf is wrong with those girls. Of course, assuming that they really don't train enough. We don't know that. They both say that they work hard, some other people say they don't. It could be anything. We know that they were times when JJ and Ana worked very hard, but it didn't give them wanted results, it could lead to disappointment and eventually to lack of motivation. It could be anything, really. I believe they won't give up.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #3173
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Gencic is right, case closed.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #3174
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Gencic is right, case closed.
Few weeks ago you were saying that 2012 is a lucky year.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #3175
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Few weeks ago you were saying that 2012 is a lucky year.
That has nothing to do with it.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #3176
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

To sto prica Jelena Gencic nema veze sa danasnjim zenskim tenisom, a njena opsednutost vojnickom disciplinom, i da je idealan sportista ustvari robot, je nesto sto je odavno prevazidjeno u svetu sporta, narocito posle kraha komunizma u istocnoj Evropi pre 20 godina. Pogotovo to ne vazi za tenis, najindividualniji od svih sportova, gde je faktor licnosti izuzetno vazan. Najbolji je primer Kineskinje Na Li koja se teniski formirala i razvijala bas pod uslovima kakve bi Jelena Gencic svima preporucila, i pod kapom i nadzorom kineske drzave gde su svi sportovi (pa i tenis) deo nekakvog drzavnog projekta - pa htela ne htela morala je da zivi i trenira na spartansko/robotski nacin. Kada se konacno izborila za nezavisnost tek u poznom delu svoje karijere, rezultati i napredak su bili zapanjujuci ukljucujuci i gren slem titulu. Posle iznenadnog odlaska Zistin Enan 2008, koja je poslednja WTA#1 klasicna "velika radnica", na prvo mesto rang liste su dolazile Marija Sarapova, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Serena Vilijams, Dinara Safina, Karolina Voznijacki, Kim Klajsters i Viktorija Azarenka. Od njih 8 samo za Safinu i Azarenku se moze reci da su se striktno drzale postulata koje namece Genciceva, a najdrasticniji je primer Kim Klajsters koja je napravila veliku pauzu i rodila dete, a po povratku bavi se tenisom maksimalno 4-5 meseci godisnje - pa opet je bas u tom periodu osvojila tri puta vise gren slem titula nego u mladosti kada je bila pravi WTA tur gladijator!

Dakle ne treba previse davati znacaja ovoj izjavi, ali ono sto je mene bas frapiralo u istim tim djubretu od novina bio je naslov "Ani lepota udarila u glavu" intervjua sa Nikolom Pilicem koji je sve samo ne neupucen u savremena teniska zbivanja.
Quote:
Nikola Pilić, proslavljeni teniski stručnjak:
Ani lepota udarila u glavu!
Petak - 09.03.2012
Zlatna 2008. godina, kada su Ana i Jelena bile broj jedan na planeti, ostaće zauvek zapamćena kao najbolja u istoriji srpskog tenisa.

Nažalost, šanse da pomenuti tandem ponovi tako nešto i nisu velike, a prema rečima Nikole Pilića, Jankovićeva i Ivanovićeva teško da ikada više mogu da se nađu na čelu WTA karavana.
- Teško je očekivati da mogu da ponove takav uspeh i ponovo budu broj jedan, pa čak i da se nađu u top 5. S druge strane, ne bih zatvarao vrata opciji da se jedna od njih, ili obe, nađu među prvih deset. Sigurno je da nisu zaboravile da igraju tenis, ostaje pitanje samo koliko imaju motiva - kaže Pilić.
- Mislite da je jedan od razloga za Anin pad na WTA listi to što je u poslednje vreme gledamo više van terena, nego na mreži?
- Plašim se da ima isti problem kao Marija Šarapova, a Ruskinja je mnogo jača igračica od nje. Kada ti svi pričaju da si najlepša na svetu, to ume da udari u glavu. Treba uzeti u obzir i činjenicu da i kada zarađujete mnogo više od sponzora nego od turnira, imate i veliku obavezu da ispoštujete sve obaveze i događaje na kojima se očekuje vaše prisustvo. Onda i ne čudi što ste više van terena, nego na njemu.
- A kada je Jelena u pitanju?
- Nema tu gladi za pobedama kao pre pet godina. Ona je ipak ostvarila svoje snove, bila prva na svetu, jedino što nema gren slem, tako da možda ima problem i sa motivacijom.
- Kako, ipak, najbolje srpske teniserke mogu nazad u vrh?
- Ana je veoma emotivna osoba i nekoliko „velikih“ pobeda moglo bi da je vrati na pravi put. Jelena je veliki borac i ona će, uostalom kao i Ivanovićeva, morati da uloži mnogo truda ukoliko želi da se ponovo probije u top 10.
- Jelena Genčić je rekla da je Jelenino i Anino vreme prošlo. Da li se slažete s tim?
- Pa ona ih sigurno poznaje bolje nego ja, međutim, davno je bila ta sjajna 2008. tako da, kao što sam već rekao, došlo je puno novih teniserki koje su u naponu snage - kaže Pilić.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Slobodne na startu Indijan Velsa
Na turniru u Indijan Velsu, Jelena Janković je slobodna u prvom kolu, dok će u drugom igrati sa pobednicom iz duela između Džejmi Hempton i Polone Hercog. Slobodna u prvom kolu biće i Ana Ivanović, koja će se u drugoj rundi sastati sa boljom iz meča Johane Larson i kvalifikantkinje.

Pad počeo 2008.
Gotovo istovremeno kada su postale najbolje, počeo je i pad naših najboljih teniserki. Mnogi to vezuju sa činjenicom da se kriza podudarila sa time da je Ana Ivanović 2008. otpočela romantičnu vezu sa španskim teniserom Fernandom Verdaskom, dok je Jelena Janković počela da se viđa sa crnogorskim vaterpolistom Mlađanom Janovićem.

V. Nestorović
Medjutim, kada se procita ceo intervju moze se prmetiti da je cuveni hrvatski strucnjak na sva pitanja davao odmerene i veoma razlozne odgovore, dok mu je ovakav skandalozan naslov u usta ubacila redakcija lista "Alo" na primitivan nacin izvlaceci iz konteksta ono sto je on zapravo rekao i konstatovao. Pilic je dosta skeptican po pitanju moguceg povratka Ane i Jelene u velikom stilu, ali uopste nije maliciozan u tom pogledu kao Genciceva, ili kako to naslov teksta lazno sugerise.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #3177
country flag Cajka

Larsson's blog

Quote:
Tomorrow I will play against Ana Ivanovic. Played her last time in Paris on the clay. Tomorrow is a new day so everything can happen. Even though I won last time I see her as a favorite so I will walk on court as an “underdog”, an underdog ready to fight till last point and hopefully I walk off as a winner. I beat her once I can do it again☺ Im ready!!!
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #3178
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Larsson's blog

Why ? She's not insulting or underestimating Ana here. Hope our girl smashes this scrub though.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3179
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
Why ? She's not insulting or underestimating Ana here. Hope our girl smashes this scrub though.
I'm not bitching about Larsson. I like that scrub as a matter of fact. But she sounds confident, just like she did the last time before she played against Ana. Honestly, I'm not so worried because she thinks that she stands a chance against Ana becuase she beat her last time. I'm worried because I'm afraid that Ana might be thinking about that loss.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #3180
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not bitching about Larsson. I like that scrub as a matter of fact. But she sounds confident, just like she did the last time before she played against Ana. Honestly, I'm not so worried because she thinks that she stands a chance against Ana becuase she beat her last time. I'm worried because I'm afraid that Ana might be thinking about that loss.
I used to bite my nails when she was a top player. Defeats were difficult to handle back then. Now, not so much because I don't expect titles from her.
It's ironic, I was worrying when she was good.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote