~Ana's articles~ - Page 208 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3106
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://www.10sballs.com/2012/02/22/a...dule%E2%80%9D/

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic’s Coach Says Her Development is “On Schedule”
There can be no quick fix for Ana Ivanovic’s return to the world’s elite in the women’s game but according to Nigel Sears, the coach appointed to revitalize the former world no.1’s game, the long term plan is right of schedule.

Ivanovic moved through in the Dubai Duty Free Championships with a 6-1,7-5 win in the battle of former French Open champions against Francesca Schiavone and the 24 year-old from Serbia is back up to no.18 on the WTA rankings.

“Bit by bit she is getting back to the standard Ana wants but there is no quick fix and you cannot just flick a switch and she’s suddenly playing the sort of tennis to win Grand Slam titles again,” said Sears who was appointed after Wimbledon last year.

“There have been some very good performances in the recent few months, she did OK at the Australian Open and there have been a couple of other occasions when she did extremely well like winning the title in Bali at the end of last year. But it’s a process which requires patience and it’s an on going process.”

Last week at the Qatar Total Open in Doha, Ivanovic lost disappointingly in the second round against Petra Cetkovska of the Czech Republic but the performance against Schiavone was far more encouraging .

“It was a real battle and there were a couple of stages in the match where Ana really had to dig deep,” said Sears who returned to the WTA scene after a spell masterminding the revitalization of the British women’s game at the Lawn Tennis Association. “She suffered a really difficult couple of years with a number of injuries that didn’t help.

“It’s probably fair to say she won a major title too early in her career and it was always going to be difficult after that point so a lot of things needed to worked on. It’s a great challenge and I now see really encouraging signs that everything is coming together and she is really moving in the right direction again.”
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM   #3107
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

I have long time ago decided not to look too deeply into Ana's interviews, as these are places I would rather avoid but, I have to comment on her answer about the sport psychologist question, as it is a singularly stupid statement and someone has to say it (even at the cost of enraging some folks here all over again )

Basically she says, she will only consider working with psychologist once she is sure all other pieces of her game are in place and it's till not clicking. Let's just ignore for a moment the fact that there are few other players who spring to mind that are constantly in the phase when there is something missing, or a regime has just started, or things are work in progress. It's all obviously a work in progress for everyone who tries to move forward, but few people emphasize it as much as Ana that not all pieces ARE in place. Let's ignore that for a second, and compare Ana with a sick person who has been dealing with an illness trying all sorts of meds, except those suggested by everyone. And when asked: but why don't you try those, you know, they are known to help in such instances, this person replies, oh, well you know I will try only when all other meds fail.

Now, what is one to think about this person, but that they have something against this particular medicine? Wouldn't everyone try everything if it is helpful, and if not, well so what, we tried? Isn't that normal, rational behavior? Yes, unless you think that this medicine can somehow damage you. So, essentially Ana is afraid of psychologists. That is what she said, basically. I can only assume that she is afraid that they will mess with her superfunctional mind, so she doesn't want them to spoil something.
Oh dear, worry not, it can't get any worse.

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...anscripts.aspx

Last edited by JAS_ : Feb 23rd, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:20 PM   #3108
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

She's like some Serbian grandma who thinks that psychologists are only for crazy people.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #3109
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

She is affraid of him???
God Ana I thought you are a worldwide girl, not some idiot who thinks that psihologist is only for crazy people...
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #3110
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Could somebody please post the interview transcript here? I can't seem to access the Dubai website
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #3111
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

C. WOZNIACKI/A. Ivanovic
6-3, 7-5

An interview with:
ANA IVANOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How would you cap this performance here?

ANA IVANOVIC: The performance here?

Q. Yeah.

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, I had couple of great matches, you know. Today was good at times, but not consistent enough.
It's a bit disappointing for sure.

Q. Do you see any improvements? What sort of aspects have you improved upon?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I feel I'm more consistent. Today I was just lacking a bit more patience at times. I was going for too much too soon.
When I was going for it, I wasn't going for it at the right times. That's a little bit disappointing.

Q. If you were to judge, how far are you from your best, let's say, French Open 2008?

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, it's hard to tell. I think you can't really compare it. Maybe the way I was playing at that time is not going to be good enough at this time the way tennis and the game is developing.

Q. Jelena has a house here. Would you think or have you thought about moving here maybe?
ANA IVANOVIC: I struggle to find time to go to Belgrade as it is, you know, and to have a place here I think would be hard. But it would be very nice.

Q. Would you think about it?

ANA IVANOVIC: Not at the moment. Like I said, I don't have enough time -- as much time to go to Belgrade as I would like.

Q. What made the difference between you two tonight?

ANA IVANOVIC: I think inconsistency from my side, you know, and too many double faults also.

Q. Were you going for too much?

ANA IVANOVIC: At times, yeah, the wrong shots, you know. I tried to put pressure on her, but I felt like on my serve I wasn't as explosive as I was and I was lacking a little bit of that intensity. When you play against top players, you have to be prepared to work hard for every point. I was, but sometimes I wanted it too soon. That cost me today.

Q. Still, there wasn't very much in it, was there? One hold of serve here and another one there and it would have been a different match.
ANA IVANOVIC: It was very, very close. Even despite the things I didn't do right I still had lots of opportunities, and that's definitely a
positive thing. But, you know, it's very disappointing after having couple of good matches just that I wasn't as consistent today. Still, a lot to learn from. Overall I'm pretty happy with my week. I had couple of really tough matches. You know, like I said it's a process. Sometimes you have little setbacks. Today I lost against a really good player.

Q. The toss on the serve, was that part of the problem?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, today it was. It was just a little bit because I was unsettled and I tried to rush and go for it too much.
But then at times I served really nicely when I sort of relaxed and tried to play within a little bit more. Rather than think about what I'm going to do to hurt her, concentrate on my own serve. It's something that I have to be aware of in the future.

Q. You were saying the other day that you still need to work on your backhand. Caroline seemingly tonight made a point of keeping it away from your forehand quite a bit. She was working you on the backhand wing. Is it nice have to that practice? And also, the fact that Wozniacki didn't want to go into your forehand side?

ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, the sore left side of my back tells how many backhands I've hit this week. Yeah, you know, that's something that everyone is going to go, and I know it and I think it improved. It's something that I still want to get better at, but you still have to be complete player in order to win slams. I think backhand is still a solid shot. I missed few today that I was a little bit too close, but it was just a footwork matter. That's what I felt I was lacking at times. But, you know, I think my backhand is as good as forehand when I need it.

Q. Where do you go from who are? America presumably.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, probably. America probably and try to prepare for Indian Wells and, you know, try to keep playing outdoor and try to do the right thing by body and mind.

Q. What would be a good year for you this year? Getting back into the top 10?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely getting back to top 10. And playing in Istanbul, the Championships, that would be my ultimate goal for this year.

Q. That would be your main target this year?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yes.

Q. Talk a little bit about coaching. We've been talking to some of the players about on-court coaching, yes, no. Sam Stosur doesn't want to do it; Jelena now says she doesn't want to do it. You would like have to Nigel come on and talk to you quite a lot, would you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it depends. It really depends. I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition; sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout. So sometimes I call him if I really feel like he can step up and help. But it's tough, because at the Grand Slams we don't have that, you know, and that's when it matters the most. So, you know, it's nice to have that help, and sometimes one trigger can make a difference. But, yeah, I think it's fine. You know, I think it's fun that players have that opportunity.

Q. Will you go away feeling encouraged from what's happened here, do you think?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, disappointed definitely. I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight. But, you know, definitely motivated as well, because I feel like I achieved a fair bit this week. You know, I overcame and beat some good players, and that's a positive thing. I did a few good things out there. I'm going to try and build on that and try to keep getting fitter and better and stronger.

Q. Do you often sleep badly after losses?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, yeah. But also after late-night matches it's quite hard to go to sleep. You can just imagine how much adrenaline you have. It's kind of hard to calm down.

Q. What do you do, read?

ANA IVANOVIC: Sometimes just stare at the ceiling. (Laughter.) Yeah, sometimes it's impossible to read. That's one thing that I can't do after, you know, a quite exhausting match. You probably just end up listening to music and watching something on TV, or, yeah, staring at the ceiling.

Q. Do you want to talk to people or be on your own?

ANA IVANOVIC: Most of the time I want to be on my own. Most of the times that's good advice I can give to others, to not talk to me.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3112
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She's like some Serbian grandma who thinks that psychologists are only for crazy people.
And look who's talking

To be very honest it's You who often me reminds lately on some Serbian grandma's (especially from Milosevic era) with all that "Ana is not enough good Serbian" and similar comments from couple last weeks.

Do you really believe that someone who several times in past says that if she is not tennis player she will probably choose something connected with psychology - have no clue about psychologists job!?

Ana is an modern girl in best meaning of that word.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #3113
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Thanks Cp6uja! Judging by the sounds of things, it seems Ana spends a lot of time looking at the ceiling haha
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3114
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
And look who's talking

To be very honest it's You who often me reminds lately on some Serbian grandma's (especially from Milosevic era) with all that "Ana is not enough good Serbian" and similar comments from couple last weeks.

Do you really believe that someone who several times in past says that if she is not tennis player she will probably choose something connected with psychology - have no clue about psychologists job!?

Ana is an modern girl in best meaning of that word.
Find a quote, please. I've never said that. Don't lie and manipulate. If there's someone who speaks bad things about Ana on this board, it's you. I can find 50 examples at least. What you do in GM is trolling and the "nice" things you write about her look like mocking more than supporting, so stop bitching, please. Everybody knows that you made a mess because of some popularity contest, you trolled about VIP invitations, now you say that she tanks her matches because she's not interested in playing for two days in raw. You're not stupid at all and I don't buy the story that you are delusional and enthusiastic. You're a troll.

I'm not gonna comment on Ana's knowledge of psychology, it'. Even the best psychologists have their own therapists. But Ana doesn't. She knows enough about it. Ok, good luck with that.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Feb 24th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3115
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know, like I said it's a process.
Dear God.
Whoever planted this stupid phrase in her mind should be shot. (j/k)

I am sure at the time it was a good way for her to frame things, but boy does Ana never do an update on her psychological weaponry. How much juice can you try to squeeze out of one apple?
The methods have to be aligned with the circumstances. Looks like she consulted a psychologist, took a leaf out of his book, then sacked him like she does with other trainers and kept using the same mental trick whose original purpose was clearly to deflect pressure off of her.
Man, everything is a process. And yet, every year, plants bear fruit too.

Quote:
Q. Where do you go from who are? America presumably.
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, probably. America probably and try to prepare for Indian Wells and, you know, try to keep playing outdoor and try to do the right thing by body and mind.
Is this a reason for hope or is she just saying the right things as always?

Quote:
Q. What would be a good year for you this year? Getting back into the top 10?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely getting back to top 10. And playing in Istanbul, the Championships, that would be my ultimate goal for this year.
[color="Blue"]
Sad.

Quote:
Q. Talk a little bit about coaching. We've been talking to some of the players about on-court coaching, yes, no. Sam Stosur doesn't want to do it; Jelena now says she doesn't want to do it. You would like have to Nigel come on and talk to you quite a lot, would you?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it depends. It really depends. I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition;

Quote:
sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout.

Quote:
So sometimes I call him if I really feel like he can step up and help.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3116
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I mean, sometimes I call him out of superstition; sometimes I call him because I feel like I want to chat if player is having physio timeout.
She's a riot.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3117
country flag Cajka

And when she calls him, he's like: "I want to go back now. Please don't complicate things."

Nigel is great.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3118
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Some things she says are mess

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #3119
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ana, you sre such a mess and you don't know where you hit, learn how to serve or leave tennis, simply. You should play some MM next week but you would rather take some vacation or feed the cat or sweep the Adam's house floor or spread "peace and love" with your numerous organisations. Pick up those shots until Indian Wells, damn!
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #3120
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Ana, you sre such a mess and you don't know where you hit, learn how to serve or leave tennis, simply. You should play some MM next week but you would rather take some vacation or feed the cat or sweep the Adam's house floor or spread "peace and love" with your numerous organisations. Pick up those shots until Indian Wells, damn!
In general this Dubai tournament for Ana should be counted as positive thing. She playing aggressive, beat WTA#11 and reach premier QF and TOP16 seeds status at IW.