~Ana's articles~ - Page 206 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #3076
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Ana's diary:

Quote:
I leave Melbourne with mixed emotions, but overall I'm happy. I played some good tennis and only lost to a great player who is maybe the very best on the Tour at the moment.

It's been an exhausting month of tournaments. I played three tournaments in a row and it took a lot out of me. I've decided not go back to Europe for the Fed Cup. I've only just recovered from the virus I picked up during the Australian Open, and I'm going to be very careful with my schedule and traveling this year, considering the Olympics and the packed summer months.

The Olympics are a big priority for me this year and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I am in top shape for them, which unfortunately means skipping some events I was tempted to play during the first half of the year.

Probably the biggest positive for me during the Australian Open was the improvement in my serve. I felt it becoming a weapon again, and not something that I had to worry about, and that's huge. It's no secret that when your serve is working, the other parts of your game seem to click.

This is an area Nigel and I worked hard on during the off-season and of course there is still lots of room for improvement. Another area I want to improve in is being more aggressive, but that comes with confidence and I'm feeling better on court with each match.

Nigel is great to have around, to help me stay grounded in terms of my ambitions. He reminds me that it is a long process and we should not get too down if we don't get the results tomorrow - they will come eventually, I really believe that.

I think it's true in all areas of life and not just in tennis - hard work pays off!

Thanks for all your support during the Australian summer.

Love
Ana
Not playing Fed Cup, not playing many tournaments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3077
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I leave Melbourne with mixed emotions, but overall I'm happy. I played some good tennis and only lost to a great player who is maybe the very best on the Tour at the moment.

It's been an exhausting month of tournaments. I played three tournaments in a row and it took a lot out of me. I've decided not go back to Europe for the Fed Cup. I've only just recovered from the virus I picked up during the Australian Open, and I'm going to be very careful with my schedule and traveling this year, considering the Olympics and the packed summer months.

The Olympics are a big priority for me this year and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I am in top shape for them, which unfortunately means skipping some events I was tempted to play during the first half of the year.

Probably the biggest positive for me during the Australian Open was the improvement in my serve. I felt it becoming a weapon again, and not something that I had to worry about, and that's huge. It's no secret that when your serve is working, the other parts of your game seem to click.

This is an area Nigel and I worked hard on during the off-season and of course there is still lots of room for improvement. Another area I want to improve in is being more aggressive, but that comes with confidence and I'm feeling better on court with each match.

Nigel is great to have around, to help me stay grounded in terms of my ambitions. He reminds me that it is a long process and we should not get too down if we don't get the results tomorrow - they will come eventually, I really believe that.

I think it's true in all areas of life and not just in tennis - hard work pays off!

Thanks for all your support during the Australian summer.

Love
Ana

Exhausted?
From one week in a slam?
What would she say if she had had some success in those tournaments?
I thought she said she was enjoying her time in Australia.

Anyway, I don't know what's good at this moment for her. If she is going to spend time with Nigel working on her game and comes back as Ana 2.0, I will not fault her. But if she intends to wag around, I am calling MadSnex
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #3078
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know right, she played all of 7 matches over 3 weeks She really should go and play Fed Cup and Paris Indoors, where the field is weak and she can actually do something. That is unless she is really going to work on her game.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #3079
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Yeah I know right, she played all of 7 matches over 3 weeks She really should go and play Fed Cup and Paris Indoors, where the field is weak and she can actually do something. That is unless she is really going to work on her game.
If this is her real reason, it just shows you she is sooo out of it, that she considers this some kind of special effort.
That's where she is lost, her standards have gradually dropped so low, and she sees nothing wrong with them.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3080
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

" Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"

JFK
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #3081
InsideOut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
" Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"

JFK
That is such bull though, if you don't agree with your national identity as defined by your state you shouldn't force yourself to do it.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3082
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is such bull though, if you don't agree with your national identity as defined by your state you shouldn't force yourself to do it.
If it only was that simple. Your nationality is always part of your identity (if you grew up in your country, of course). It determines you as a person in so many ways. Especially if you grew up in such a crazy country like Serbia.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #3083
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Inside Out, i don't think that you, or anybody else, who doesn't live in Serbia, should discuss Ana's decision not to play in the Fed Cup.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #3084
InsideOut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
If it only was that simple. Your nationality is always part of your identity (if you grew up in your country, of course). It determines you as a person in so many ways. Especially if you grew up in such a crazy country like Serbia.
Of course it is. I'm saying in an ideal world, that should never be the case. I fundamentally disagree with JFK's idea, which, taken to its absolute logical conclusion, would almost suggest that you have a duty to do whatever you can for your state, but your state doesn't have that level of responsibility towards you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Inside Out, i don't think that you, or anybody else, who doesn't live in Serbia, should discuss Ana's decision not to play in the Fed Cup.
Unfortunately, this isn't only a decision about patriotism, it's also about tennis. I respectfully disagree with you on that count - this is a tennis forum, and I believe from a tennis perspective she should be palying more matches especially against opposition such as Wickmayer and Flipkens who are both solid but beatable.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3085
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Of course it is. I'm saying in an ideal world, that should never be the case. I fundamentally disagree with JFK's idea, which, taken to its absolute logical conclusion, would almost suggest that you have a duty to do whatever you can for your state, but your state doesn't have that level of responsibility towards you.

Unfortunately, this isn't only a decision about patriotism, it's also about tennis. I respectfully disagree with you on that count - this is a tennis forum, and I believe from a tennis perspective she should be palying more matches especially against opposition such as Wickmayer and Flipkens who are both solid but beatable.
So, Kim is definitely not playing? From tennis and psychological perspective I can totally see why she wouldn't want to risk playing Kim in Belgium. And kinda agree. She has been traumatised enough by her. Better to spend time honing her game(of course I know she will probably not )
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #3086
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you live in Serbia, you know that you can't expect anything from the government. You don't expect some award or any kind of help. That's why DC title was so important and motivating for the guys. They knew that they had to do all by themselves.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #3087
country flag gloria7

Your Fed Cup team fights every year for the title, right? I wish we have 8 players in the top 1o0, like Russians. I wish we have a couple of talented girls who can be a good substitute for Ana or JJ. I wish that Kristina Mladenović, Andrea Petković and Jelena Dokić can play for Serbia instead for France, Germany and Australia. But that's just a dream. It's paintful to watch these girls playing and figting for some other country. But i do understand their reasons. Money, best coaches, fantastic facilities, great conditions, you want to be respected and supported by your homeland, teammates and TA.

Sad thing ...she is "exhausted" after playing 7 matches in 3 weeks.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #3088
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

The girl doesn't want to play Fed Cup again, I think I have to cry. Wait, I don't care. My mind doesn't care anymore about her dumb decisions. I wish I could slap her.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #3089
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

I for one am glad she is not playing Fed Cup. If anything we all know about Ana is that she is injury prone and a lot of players get injured in Fed Cup and then have problems playing the regular tour events. Do you remember when both Kim and Justine got injured playing fed cup? Besides Ana sounds really focused and another thing I have discovered about her is that she tends to reach more goals when they are drawn out. In other words, when she has realistic time frames to accomplish different goals. I remember her being this way in 2006 maybe even 2005 and she accomplished her goals one by one and eventually the success became reality.

As fans of Ana we should be very glad with her performance at the Australian Open because we could see obvious improvements. That is a very good sign for Ana. I love the fact that she knows what she needs to work on. When she becomes more aggressive, she will have a fair chance of winning any match she plays, no matter who her opponent is. So I welcome and support her decision to be picky about her schedule because I do not want her having to deal with nagging injuries, which have set her back on several different occasions.

It is important to remember that in order to do well you have to be hungry or feel the fire. If you don't feel that way you will be just going through the motion and doing the best you can do. Roger Federer even said this and look at how much he has won. Besides Ana doesn't need a collection of loses by playing in events just because, she needs to play in events she really wants to play in where she will give it her all. Then she can have more victories because she will be more inspired. That is how her confidence can continue to build, loses even if she is playing just because can put dents into the confidence she is building now. When you consider how long Ana was slumping, since 2009 almost 3 years. It is going to have to take the right mindset for her to rebuild after so much damage has been done mentally during the slumping period.

Now Ana finally believes again and that is the most important part of her improvement. I really do think we will be really happy with Ana's results from her decisions in the future.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥

Last edited by it-girl : Jan 24th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #3090
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
I for one am glad she is not playing Fed Cup. If anything we all know about Ana is that she is injury prone and a lot of players get injured in Fed Cup and then have problems playing the regular tour events. Do you remember when both Kim and Justine got injured playing fed cup? Besides Ana sounds really focused and another thing I have discovered about her is that she tends to reach more goals when they are drawn out. In other words, when she has realistic time frames to accomplish different goals. I remember her being this way in 2006 maybe even 2005 and she accomplished her goals one by one and eventually the success became reality.

As fans of Ana we should be very glad with her performance at the Australian Open because we could see obvious improvements. That is a very good sign for Ana. I love the fact that she knows what she needs to work on. When she becomes more aggressive, she will have a fair chance of winning any match she plays, no matter who her opponent is. So I welcome and support her decision to be picky about her schedule because I do not want her having to deal with nagging injuries, which have set her back on several different occasions.

It is important to remember that in order to do well you have to be hungry or feel the fire. If you don't feel that way you will be just going through the motion and doing the best you can do. Roger Federer even said this and look at how much he has won. Besides Ana doesn't need a collection of loses by playing in events just because, she needs to play in events she really wants to play in where she will give it her all. Then she can have more victories because she will be more inspired. That is how her confidence can continue to build, loses even if she is playing just because can put dents into the confidence she is building now. When you consider how long Ana was slumping, since 2009 almost 3 years. It is going to have to take the right mindset for her to rebuild after so much damage has been done mentally during the slumping period.

Now Ana finally believes again and that is the most important part of her improvement. I really do think we will be really happy with Ana's results from her decisions in the future.
I kinda agree with this assessment. Some people thrive when they have a lot of obligations, and some people simply freeze and panic. I am like that, and I believe Ana is too.
Plus, for Ana playing Fed Cup takes a huge psychological toll, because of all the things that surround it, so for her this effort is not the same as for JJ and others. I also understand the part about Olympics. Last year, she renewed her abdominal injury in FC tie. Should she risk some injury again and risk not going to the Olympics this year? I kinda understand her.
I said what I think about her fitness regime; so we will see in weeks to come whether she has just found an excuse not to play and go wagging, or she really carefully brought this decision with a game plan in mind.