~Ana's articles~ - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #3061
country flag Tweedle

Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light Tweedle is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Interview was grand and I'm sure she probably meant the comment light heartedly but it still wasn't very nice to say it. For one it is a HUGE generalisation. It's just a fact the world over, that women tend to do more of the housework than men do. It's not specific to Serbia, love...But of course within this, there are plenty of men who will do lots of housework both in Serbia and Australia and plenty of men who won't do any housework whatsoever, both in Serbia and Australia. It's just a pointless statement that is negative about Serbs for no reason whatsoever, given that it is a massive stereotype. There is only two Serbian men that she can legitimately claim to have experienced domestically, her dad and brother, so to judge all Serbian men's housework abilities on that is just, no words... And didn't Scott just say the other day, that the washing machine is one of the things he finds easy around the house so he does that to get the "brownie points" and get in her good books. Clearly he can't cook/ or doesn't like cooking so you'll be waiting a while for your promised, dinner yet love It's when you do something you hate , that you make a sacrifice.
Anyway point is, I agree that she doesn't give the nicest impression of Serbs. Like gloria pointed out, first there was that comment about Serbian fans coming up to her on the street and now this careless comment about men never offering to do any housework, suggesting they're really selfish and sexist or something. Outside of her family and a few select Serb friends she likes, like Novak and a few others, she doesn't give a very nice impression of the average Serb. Never heard her say anything nice except to basically brand them, uneducated hecklers on the street who won't piss off in comparison to their "civilised" Swiss counterparts(and here in lies another huge generalisation.There are loopers in every country, in your face for an autograph, as well as perfectly behaved ones.) and now this comment about thoughtless Serbian men around the house...
Tweedle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3062
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
Interview was grand and I'm sure she probably meant the comment light heartedly but it still wasn't very nice to say it. For one it is a HUGE generalisation. It's just a fact the world over, that women tend to do more of the housework than men do. It's not specific to Serbia, love...But of course within this, there are plenty of men who will do lots of housework both in Serbia and Australia and plenty of men who won't do any housework whatsoever, both in Serbia and Australia. It's just a pointless statement that is negative about Serbs for no reason whatsoever, given that it is a massive stereotype. There is only two Serbian men that she can legitimately claim to have experienced domestically, her dad and brother, so to judge all Serbian men's housework abilities on that is just, no words... And didn't Scott just say the other day, that the washing machine is one of the things he finds easy around the house so he does that to get the "brownie points" and get in her good books. Clearly he can't cook/ or doesn't like cooking so you'll be waiting a while for your promised, dinner yet love It's when you do something you hate , that you make a sacrifice.
Anyway point is, I agree that she doesn't give the nicest impression of Serbs. Like gloria pointed out, first there was that comment about Serbian fans coming up to her on the street and now this careless comment about men never offering to do any housework, suggesting they're really selfish and sexist or something. Outside of her family and a few select Serb friends she likes, like Novak and a few others, she doesn't give a very nice impression of the average Serb. Never heard her say anything nice except to basically brand them, uneducated hecklers on the street who won't piss off in comparison to their "civilised" Swiss counterparts(and here in lies another huge generalisation.There are loopers in every country, in your face for an autograph, as well as perfectly behaved ones.) and now this comment about thoughtless Serbian men around the house...
I live in Novi Sad and today I saw Siniša Mihajlović in a shopping mall. Trust me, he was walking there like any other person, nobody tried to stop him or something, nobody looked at him at all. Then my bf asked me if I recognized him and I said: "Yeah, I did, but I thought that it wasn't him because nobody even pointed a finger at him." Divac once said that he feels more comfortable in Serbia than in USA, because American fans sometimes scream when they see him. I don't know if it's true, but I know that people don't scream in Serbia when they see someone famous. Once I saw Tipsarevic and his wife and it was very similar. Nobody looked at him.

When it comes to houseworks, my parents are divorced and my dad does all houseworks. Whenever I come home, he cooks, does the laundry, cleaning, he doesn't want me to do anything, because now I live with my bf and he doesn't see me often, so he wants me to feel like a princess every time I come to visit him and grandpa. My bf is a Slovak, but he was born here, so he adopted our mentality. He does the houseworks as much as I do He cooks better than all my female friends actually.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Dec 18th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3063
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Does anyone agree that we should open a special thread for posts in Serbian?
Yes, because I never understand you guys
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #3064
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
Yes, because I never understand you guys
OK. I'll open it. You can see from Tweedle's posts what we were talking about. She tends to speak negative about people in Serbia and people her react pretty bad when they read it. There's no need to make comparisons IMO. When she says some things about Serbian men, it doesn't make her look good. Her father and brother are Serbs, does she want to say that they don't want to help her mom or what?! The men around me are much better than those she describes.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #3065
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are way overreacting. Making a big deal out of nothing.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #3066
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
You guys are way overreacting. Making a big deal out of nothing.
Then you obviously don't know anything about the prejudices we all face and how awful it can be. And when one of the most famous people from our country basically confirms some of them, it's not very nice. If she can't say something nice, she should not say anything. As simple as that. Why would she compare Serbian and Australian men? Has she ever dated a Serb? No, she would never even considerate it, because she obviously has some prejudices. That's her problem, of course, but I don't see why she needs to share it with the rest of the world.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #3067
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

it makes no difference to me what she says in interviews.(so why cant i stop reading them????) Im sure id say a whole lot of stupid crap if as soon as i got off work i had to do an interview.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3068
country flag VALUNA

VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice

A da malo ovi gnevni , kad vec uplicu drustveno -politicke teme iz Srbije porazmisle o tome koliko i zasto ima onoliko sigurnih kuca za zene sa decom i zasto je samo prosle godine bilo 40 zena zrtava porodicnog nasilja.Pa nisu ih Australijanci zlostavljali i ubili.
Ana (kako vi vec znate) nije bila sa Srbinom u vezi ali zato ima oca, brata, strica, ujaka ...... pa verovatno na osnovu tog iskustva je i rekla o njihovoj "vrednoci" Ja to samo tako kapiram a nikako kao ismevanje ili ponizavanje Srpskog naroda (dokle bre vise da nam sportisti i neki drugi budu krivi za sve nase probleme?)
pozz.
VALUNA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 11:51 PM   #3069
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ivanovic working with boyfriend's physio
Ticker - Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic has been working with renowned golf osteopath Tina Maio of Australia, who also works with the Serbian’s boyfriend, golfer Adam Scott, TENNIS.com has learned. Ivanovic has been spending the off-season in Australia with Scott.

Maio owns her own practice in Melbourne and has also worked with golfers Stuart Appleby and Ian Poulter. She is a part-time consultant to the Victorian Institute of Sport and is said to have a "particular interest in the prescription of exercise to overcome injuries and to rectify imbalances caused by poor posture and bad habits."

Earlier this month, strength and conditioning trainer Scott Byrnes left Ivanovic’s team, just five months after he left Victoria Azarenka to reunite with the Serb.

Byrnes worked with Ivanovic between July 2006 and July 2009, when she won her sole Grand Slam at the 2008 French Open. 

Ivanovic parted ways with her fitness trainer and childhood friend, Marija Lojanica, in March; during Wimbledon, she announced that she had hired Nigel Sears to be her coach, who stepped down as the head of women’s coaching for the Britain’s Lawn Tennis Association.

After working with Ivanovic, a source told TENNIS.com that Maio had different ideas than Byrnes did as to the type of exercises that would work best with the Serbian's body type. Ivanovic experienced shoulder and abdominal problems last year and is said to have felt much better after her sessions with Maio. After communicating to Byrnes that there were some exercises that he was having her do that no longer worked for her, the two amicably parted ways. Ivanovic is said to have much better rotation in her right shoulder than she did much of this season.

It is unclear whether Ivanovic will hire a new full-time fitness trainer, but she is done with off-season heavy part of her conditioning work and may just choose to hire someone part-time. - Matt Cronin
http://tennis.com/articles/templates...5446&zoneid=25

So, Scott didn't leave Ana because he was behaving unprofessionally, but because Maio thought he was to blame for her issues.
Why does this sound awfully familiar?
I thought that her abdominal injury was Lojanica's fault.
BTW, I just love how in Ana's mind, disagreement on any issue = firing.
Geez, talk about black and white thinking.
And another thing I love is how she has all the solutions and is in perfect shape in the off season, and has all sort of problems as soon as the tournaments begin.
And has anyone even spotted her hitting?

Last edited by JAS_ : Dec 22nd, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:01 AM   #3070
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Brisbane is going to be super interesting! I have no idea what to expect. I hope she knows what she's doing this time. About 9 days to go!
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #3071
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: I still have not learned to play golf
Sometimes it was the first player of the world, is now trying to return to the top. For Ana Ivanovic, Roland Garros champion in 2008. year, the 2012th will be important in the private plan, and in the field.
Ambition - The beginning of the world's best players and dancers performed on the Australian continent. Ivanovic has relatives in Australia and the arrival of the first grand slam of the season is always an opportunity to visit them. She spent New Year in Brisbane, a welcomed Christmas holidays in Sydney.

- I was in Brisbane for the New Year with Adam, his family and friends, as well as coach Nigel Sirsi. Since I played in a tournament the first day of the year, I stayed up late - said Ivanovic "24 hours".

What are your plans and wishes for this season, sports and private?
- Tennis is a big part of my life and plans are mainly related to what I do. Private, yet my health comes first and the desire to spend more time with loved ones. Entering the top 10 for the first goal, and to reach the second week of Grand helmets. I miss the competition, especially in the grand helmets, and I believe that we have enough quality to repeat the success, and to have a real coach who will help me in this.

Have you learned to cook something new recently, and what Adam likes of your meal?
- I love to cook, but in the preparation period was not much time for that. They both love Asian food and seafood, so I learned all this to prepare a number of ways.

Do you play golf?
- Not really! I played a few times with his father, it was last year, and a couple of times with Adam, so I can not say that I know that I play golf.

The most beautiful moment in your life over the past year?
- Sure, it's winning the tournament in Bali, which was also the perfect finish of the season. It was the first title to Nigel and a nice feeling that I finished the year winning. It is pleasing to feel that you are invested work pays off.

How do you see the future of Serbian tennis?
- It is obvious that Serbia has become one of the most powerful nation in tennis, especially winning the Davis Cup and dominated Novak. We have excellent players in both competitions. These are the golden days of Serbian tennis, definitely the best so far, and it takes the last few years. When you look at other countries, see if they have no continuity in the grand slam champions and world number one, as we now have. It's hard to tell what the future will bring, but it is certain that many children in Serbia begins to play tennis. A new talents and I hope that they will overcome all obstacles and challenges and achieve great accomplishments. It would be great to watch some of the new Serbian champions one day, when this our generation retires - said Ana.
http://www.24sata.rs/sport/vesti/ves...lf/24608.phtml
Iva87 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #3072
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Presser for 1st round at AO:
Quote:
Q. Nice way to start the tournament.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, can't complain. I mean, first set hardly anything went wrong. I felt I really played well. Yeah, I did lot of good things. Was patient.

Got a little bit tough in the second set. But I stepped up when I needed to, came to the net a lot, was really pleased to manage the break on 43 and then hold my serve.

Q. You've had a lot of tough first rounds in the slams. How do you avoid going out there and getting nervous and losing control of your game?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, actually this morning I was watching the TV. I was watching the tennis. They were saying Lleyton was going to play tonight and he was playing his 16th Australian Open, most ever. I start counting mine. I realize this was my eighth.

Then I thought to myself, Why would I be nervous, I played so many times. Then again, nerves kick in and it's just normal. Especially the first rounds, you want to do so well. Especially that I had really good offseason.

But, yeah, I'm just very pleased to be through. Like you said, you can't really think, Oh, this is easy, this is tough match. You just have to approach every match like it's going to be the toughest one.

Q. I read a lot about what you said about the offseason. Took a tough loss to Kim, maybe didn't play the week later. Coming into the tournament, do you really feel like your game is close to where you want it to be?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely, much closer than it's been in a long time. We worked really hard in the offseason, put a lot of good work on every aspect of my game. And I felt in Brisbane I was playing really well.

I was, you know, one point sort of there in the third set against Kim to turn match around, who knows what happens. But then you get little bit down on yourself. I really try to lift myself up these weeks because I really feel, you know, it's there and I just need to put it together in the matches in the big events.

Q. Have you set yourself any targets for this year?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I mean, before I started my preseason, I sat down with Nigel and we had a really good talk about our goals, targets, what we want to achieve. I think it's important to have that plan, you know, how you're going to get there.

I mean, definitely I want to get back to top 10 and competing in The Championships at the end of the year. It's a long road, a lot of tennis to be played. I just want to also enjoy the process a little because it still is.

Q. Building blocks, consistency is important. The last couple years you've had some good times and then go down.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I mean, even in the past few years I always felt, you know, I could play great match, upset a top player.

But I want to get it happening consistently. Not only through the week, but week after week. You know, that's what I worked a lot on the offseason, the base game, get it to certain level, now working on, you know, raising it.

But also, you know, my game, I'm developing also as a player. You know, there is going to be changes and adjustments. I think I'm a lot more patient now than I was when I first started on tour. I was taking way more risk.

But, you know, it's evolving and it's exciting.

Q. So being much more patient, you're saying that you don't need to hit the winner in two shots, you can go five or six shots every point?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. Don't get me wrong, sometimes the excitement takes over and I pull the trigger too early. I definitely want to pick the right ball. I feel I can stay in the rallies longer.

I want to wait and reduce the risk and still be aggressive when I need to be and on the big points still play my game, but just not go too much too early in a rally.

Q. You've been here two months now?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, probably more. They kind of offer me citizenship (laughter).

Q. How is it not to be home at all during the holidays? That must have been strange.

ANA IVANOVIC: It is strange. Then again, it's just so normal. I'm so used to living out of the bag, I don't know what to call home anymore. I miss really being with my relatives and home.

But, you know, it's what I do. I love being here. It's I think the best preparation I could have. Last year I was in Europe. I did my preseason there. I didn't really enjoy that much. So, you know, I was very certain I wanted to come back and do my offseason again here.

Q. Fitnesswise, was the emphasis strength or speed or endurance?

ANA IVANOVIC: Actually, to be honest, this offseason it was kind of a bit maybe radical for me. But the emphasis was really getting body in a shape that I wanted to be.

And it's still work in progress. But I really wanted to take load off it, and because there was lot of things that were not functioning properly, and I really wanted to get more flexible and stronger in that sense, so the body functions in a proper way.

So I really stepped out of the gym and did kind of a lot of rehab work. All my fitness I based on playing tennis and doing lots of drills and footwork on the court.

Q. Could you be happy if you didn't get back to the top? Do you need to get back to close to No. 1 to be a happy person?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I'm happy person. I mean, it's hard not to be. But I definitely could be much happier if I got back to top 10. I mean, and this is what drives me. This is why I'm still out there competing, because I really believe I can get back there.

That's the only reason I'm actually still competing, because I still have that hunger and that wish, you know, to win, and to win slams.

Q. You served really well today. Is that something you've been working on? You didn't face a breakpoint the entire match.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I worked really hard on it. There were lot of, you know, annoying practices of just serving, serving, serving. But that's what gets you better.

You know, Nigel was really on top of me about that. It needed improvement. It gives you lot more confidence when you can get free points and aces off your serve.

You know, it still can get better and I'm still working on it. But it's huge improvement even since the end of the season where all I did was getting better, so I'm very happy about that.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3073
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

A. Ivanovic/V. King

6-3 6-4

Q.* Were you happy with the way you closed it out?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Yeah, definitely.* Really happy to close out that second set because it was really up and down.* It was tough set.* She was playing really well. *
But I'm really happy I managed to survive that last game. *
Q.* Tell us about calling the doctor, what you were feeling at that time.**
ANA IVANOVIC:* Yeah, I caught a bug a couple days ago, after my secondround match.* I wasn't feeling really good yesterday.* So I had to take it really easy. *
Today I felt fine.* Just started to get a little nauseous again in that second set.* Then I just took some tablets and it really helped to calm things down a bit. *
Q.* Been a while since you made it to the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam.* How much does winning that next match mean to you?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Oh, it would be great.* That's definitely my goal, you know.* I always want to take it one match at a time.* You know, next match will get me there. *
It's going to be very tough one.* Petra is definitely playing some great tennis.* She's one of the hottest players at the moment.* It's going to be great challenge for me. *
But I'm really happy to go out there and throw my best at her.* The better player will win.*
Q.**How much do you credit your form here to spending so much time in Australia beforehand?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Oh, I think it's great because I had time to adjust to circumstances.* I love it.* I've done it every year, you know, for maybe eight or ten years now.* It's always very enjoyable.* It's great to be back in the second week and competing against top players. *
Q.* Is there something about your preparation this time that's made you go well?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Yeah, it's been a little bit of a change.* Normally I had a very big team of people around me.* This time it was just Nigel, and I had physio working, making sure the body's in line because I had lots of little injuries and pains and niggles the last couple years, I really wanted to get rid of them this year. *
So it was physical, but I did a lot of my fitness work on the court with Nigel.* That's really paying off.* I'm feeling very good physically. *
Q.* Do you think Adam will stay around for as long as you go?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Yeah, that's the deal.* I really hope I can go far and spend another week here.* That would be fun to compete next Saturday. *
Q.* You've been in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.* Do you think the male players should do stuff like that, like Novak Djokovic or someone?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Well, I don't know.* I mean, yeah, they should try, see how they go. *
Q.* Anyone in particular you think should give modeling a go?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* I don't know.* You tell me which one would you like to see (laughter). *
Q.* You didn't get to play in the Beijing Olympics because of an injury.* How much are the London games this summer a goal for you?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* It's definitely one of the priorities for this year.* I'm so thrilled to have opportunity to compete again in Olympic Games.* I think it's a great way to represent your country.* It's very, very exciting. *
I think I'm also going to play mixed doubles with Zimonjic, which is fun.* I think it's a great opportunity.* I really want to try and stay healthy this year and compete there. *
Q.* Can you tell us how valuable Nigel's experience in the women's game is to you?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* It's been really good.* I've been very fortunate that we had the opportunity to work with each other.* I was really excited after Wimbledon when we sort of started working together. *
I felt like through the summer in America I was improving each week.* I had a great week in Bali last year.* But, you know, we actually did not have time for preparation in time to work on the game.* This offseason was the first time we could actually take some time and work on things specifically.* I really feel it's paying off. *
We are still getting to know each other, the rhythm and what works, what not.* It definitely helped me a lot.* We both believe in the same things.* Preseason, we sat down and set goals for ourselves.* I feel like I can absorb a lot of his teachings. *
Q.**Why did you choose him and how long before you actually hooked up together did you identify him as a coach you wanted to work with?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Obviously, I know him for a long time, ever since I started on tour.* I've seen him around with Daniela.* Afterwards I know he worked for LTA.* He was always one of the people I wanted to be coached by and talked to about that possibility.* It really came about fast. *
In Wimbledon we spoke a little bit.* I was very fortunate that he could start straightaway.* I think it was great opportunity for both of us. *
Q.* Did you have a specific goal here for the Australian Open when you sat down with him?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* We definitely set some goals.* But it's just very exciting to be in a second week.* That was a first step for us.* That was a first goal we had.* It's nice to be able to achieve that.* Now it's going to be tough matches, match after match. *
But I still believe I can do well.* I'm just enjoying competing again.* It's going to be tough, but I love challenges. *
Q.* Can you give us an idea of what areas of your game Nigel has helped you the most with?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* One of the big areas was the serve.* That needed some improvement.* Throughout the end of last year it was improving.* But now in offseason we really had time to work on it.* It has improved a lot. *
Also my base game, just lifting the level of my base game is something that we worked a lot on.* My forehand.* Just lots of little bits and pieces that are sort of coming together now.* I'm just very excited to see. *
Q.* You just spoke about defending the colors of your country.* Will you be on the Fed Cup team in two weeks?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* I still didn't decide about it.* But, like I said, I think this is a big year with Olympics.* I want to really represent my country in the best possible way.* I really want to be fit and well for that, just see how I go there. *
But hopefully yes. *
Q.* It depends on what happens next week?*
ANA IVANOVIC:* Yeah, definitely. *

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 03:15 AM   #3074
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

P. Kvitova/A. Ivanovic

6-2 7-6(2)

Q. Thoughts on that?
ANA IVANOVIC: It was tough match, definitely. I really struggled with the rhythm in the beginning. She is tough opponent. You really have to get that hit on the ball, otherwise she likes to dominate and step up and take her chances.
I really felt I was lacking that in the first set and sort of in the second set. In the second set I started to serve a lot better, which helped me to come to 1All, 2All. Then I really fought back hard trying to come back and started to strike the ball a lot better.
You know, it was just really pity that I didn't use opportunities I had. But she served really well. You know, she's playing well. Being lefty it's also really hard to read her serve.
But I really tried hard and today. Just the rhythm was lacking a bit.

Q. How did you try and get back into that match? Mentally how did you find that rhythm?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's very hard, especially against Petra, because she goes for her shots and you don't get good rhythm. For example, having long rallies, it's not going to happen. You really have to try and get a swing on the ball and hope you will get into rhythm and that's going to cause some errors.
That's what happened to me today. She's not kind of player who is going to let you get back in the rhythm. You to try and focus on the things you work in practice and sort of try to copy that and do it over and over again.
Towards the end of second set I really felt like I was striking the ball nicely, and that felt really good. It's just pity that it was quite late in the second set.

Q. Do you think she was thrown off by missing the overhead towards the end of the second set?
ANA IVANOVIC: Maybe. Maybe a bit. But, you know, it was a big point, I guess. But it was a bit hard also with the sun right at the top.
But, you know, it was my serve and she still was serving quite well up to that point. I really had to step it up, and I really tried to swing at the ball and tried to be aggressive. It worked well, so I was happy I managed to break that game.

Q. Her power off the ground, does it compare to the biggest hitters in the game: Serena, Kim?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it definitely does. I think in the beginning of the match I actually felt like the ball was going to come a little faster. I got caught few times like not turned enough because the ball would skid through. She's a good player and No. 2 for a reason.
So, yeah, she definitely generates a lot of power.

Q. She's probably going to take over the No. 1 at some point in the near future. What advice would you give her having climbed that mountain yourself?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she should just keep at what she's doing the best and keep? her game is very aggressive and has a good serve. Being a lefty, I think it's great advantage, because we don't face so many players playing lefthand, and obviously ball spins differently.
She should just keep doing what she's doing. She's great young player.

Q. I know you've worked on your serve recently and seems like you did serve really well in this tournament. Are you happy with that part of your game?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I served really well, that's why today was frustrating. I still felt like my rhythm was there and just wasn't executing well and misstiming the ball a little bit.
But there were a lot positive throughout this week. You know, it's something that motivates me to stay on top of it and work even harder at it. It's definitely improved since last year.

Q. You had a pretty solid result here this week. How are you feeling generally about your game and where it was compared to three, four years ago?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, like I said, there is a lot of improvements that I feel I gained over offseason. You know, it's been nice, nice tournament for me. I played some really good tennis and proved to myself that I can play that level and compete against the best.
That's definitely something that motivates me to now work harder. And, you know, there is still plenty of work to be done, but I'm enjoying competing on this level again. I just want to have to have a good year.

Q. (Question off mic.)
ANA IVANOVIC: We just, you know, just support each other and try to be there for each other as much as we can.

Q. You ever talk to Caroline about dating a golfer?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I don't think either of us plays really well. You mean playing golf or...

Q. No, dating a golfer.
ANA IVANOVIC: No, she did ask me like what kind of shoes should I take to walk on the course. Just the most comfortable ones.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3075
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open: Kvitova d. Ivanovic 01/22/2012 - 8:59 PM

PkMELBOURNE—If you’re looking for a stat to sum up Petra Kvitova’s 6-2, 7-6 (2), fourth-round win over Ana Ivanovic here today, I’d consider beginning with this one: Kvitova’s average ground stroke was hit 15 kilometers per hour faster than Ivanovic’s. Whatever Ivanovic did, whether her ball toss was perfect or she was moving well or she was making clean contact or her fist-pumps and "Ajde"s were properly coordinated, she was still starting every rally at a disadvantage. She was in Petra’s rearview mirror, constantly trying to catch up.

For the first set and a half, this appeared to be a match that would hearten any Kvitova fan, while disheartening Ivanovic’s true believers. Kvitova’s slugging power was on full display, while Ivanovic spent much of the time hitting what one commentator described as “nothing” balls down the middle of the court. The thing is, those shots aren’t necessarily nothing balls against most of Ana’s opponents, but they were against this one.
I don't agree with this one. They are puffballs anyway you take it. One barely landed over the net, I rememeber, it could almost be mistaken by a poorly executed dropper.

At times, Kvitova’s returns were back at Ivanovic’s feet before she had finished her service motion. The Czech consistently kept her shots deeper and closer to the sidelines. Even when Ivanovic got a good crack at the ball, Kvitova was rarely troubled. She took one full-throttle Ivanovic forehand and short-hopped a backhand past her into the corner. By the second set, Ivanovic was forced to go for more whenever she had a chance. She made unforced errors, but in a sense they were forced. She had no choice but to take more risks than she normally would.

As we’ve already learned from Caroline Wozniacki, Victoria Azarenka, Li Na, and Kim Clijsters, closing a match is a different story at this tournament so far. And it was for Kvitova. Up 5-3, with Ivanovic serving at break point, Kvitova came in to knock off a sitting duck overhead at the net. She whiffed. The crowd laughed, but Kvitova just put her head down and walked off, with a slight look of mortification.

She might have been better off laughing with the audience and getting it out of her system. As it was, she still looked mortified when she came back on to try to serve it out at 5-4, and she played like it. Kvitova, a sure winner all day, dropped the next two games at love, and when she went down in her service game at 5-6, the match appeared to be turning into a re-run of yesterday’s Clijsters-Li rollercoaster. Rather than a heartening day for Kvitova and her fans, it had turned into another warning sign. She had that hollow-eyed look of panic that she gets when she’s lost her game.

But Kvitova was still starting ahead in the rallies, and she righted herself just in time, acing Ivanovic at game point to send the set to a tiebreaker. Then she got some help from Ivanovic, who double-faulted on her first two points of the breaker, killing any momentum she may have built.

The good news for Kvitova, who awaits the winner of Jie Zheng and Sara Errani in the quarters, is that the matches remain on her racquet. Unfortunately, that’s kind of the bad news, too.

—Steve Tignor

http://blogs.tennis.com/racquet_reac...-ivanovic.html
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote