~Ana's articles~ - Page 202 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #3016
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
That he made her lose weight, that he had an icy relationship with her, a few other things that I can't recall. This is off the top of my head, sorry. Someone else might know exactly.

Basically though there are some who think he ruined Daniela's career.
Ok. Thanks for the reply! I don't think a coach she had for a couple of years could have ruined her career.. especially because her biggest results, like AO semis, came after that.

We'll see how he deals with Ana. I do think Ana needs to put on some weight.. but I'm sure Scott will have input on that as well.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #3017
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Ana gave an interview for the "Press Revija". Nothing new, but she was very open about men and relationships. Journalist probably twisted Ana's words,but who knows:

"I'll fall in love when i quit tennis.I will try to find true love after retirement because all previous attempts to coordinate travels, matches and relationships have been futile and unsuccessful. Travels make things difficult. You have to decide wheter it is worth to be in a relationship if you are going to see your parner rarely. You can talk by phone but that's not it. In such circumstances it is hard to know your partner as good as you want to. Man has to understand me and be flexible to adapt to my schedule. Everything will be much more easier after my retirement. So far it's very difficult to maintain a relationship. Still.you never know..."

About 1st sponsorship deal: "At the age of 13, at some junior's tournament in France,i got my 1
st sponsorship deal with a Swiss agency for talented kids. People
were talking about my potential and talent. I've talked to my family
and decide to dedicate myself to the tennis,to be serious about my
tennis career."

About family: "After every loss i'm broken. But i have family who supports me. I don't like
clubs, to me the "best fun" is when i go to dinner with my friends and family. I
try to talk with my friends via Skype, but even that is sometimes difficult.

On media attention while she dated Mr.Rolex: "I tried not to follow the press. I hate to read
articles about myself. My friends were telling me
what they read in the press about us.
I hate when they manipulate with false
informations, but i couldn't do nothing about it."

Her goals: "To win more GS titles, i want to achieve much more in my career".

On Asian tournaments: "Travel to Japan and China every fall is most interesting part of the season".
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #3018
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Ana gave an interview for the "Press Revija". Nothing new, but she was very open about men and relationships. Journalist probably twisted Ana's words,but who knows:

"I'll fall in love when i quit tennis.I will try to find true love after retirement because all previous attempts to coordinate travels, matches and relationships have been futile and unsuccessful. Travels make things difficult. You have to decide wheter it is worth to be in a relationship if you are going to see your parner rarely. You can talk by phone but that's not it. In such circumstances it is hard to know your partner as good as you want to. Man has to understand me and be flexible to adapt to my schedule. Everything will be much more easier after my retirement. So far it's very difficult to maintain a relationship. Still.you never know..."

About 1st sponsorship deal: "At the age of 13, at some junior's tournament in France,i got my 1
st sponsorship deal with a Swiss agency for talented kids. People
were talking about my potential and talent. I've talked to my family
and decide to dedicate myself to the tennis,to be serious about my
tennis career."

About family: "After every loss i'm broken. But i have family who supports me. I don't like
clubs, to me the "best fun" is when i go to dinner with my friends and family. I
try to talk with my friends via Skype, but even that is sometimes difficult.

On media attention while she dated Mr.Rolex: "I tried not to follow the press. I hate to read
articles about myself. My friends were telling me
what they read in the press about us.
I hate when they manipulate with false
informations, but i couldn't do nothing about it."

Her goals: "To win more GS titles, i want to achieve much more in my career".

On Asian tournaments: "Travel to Japan and China every fall is most interesting part of the season".
Thanks Gloria!

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #3019
country flag gaviotabr

I've found the link to the whole interview for Press (google translation):

Quote:
27th 08th 2011
PRESS
ANA IVANOVIC
Zaljubiću when you leave the tennis
Ana Ivanovic, one of the best Serbian tennis player who has repeatedly proclaimed, and the most beautiful in the world, the last Grand Slam tournament U.S. Open decided to open a soul show and the Press to publish photos of posing as a Chinese empress in the famous Forbidden City

Ana openly about his career, sacrifice, and love. She points out that the search for true love only after completion of his career because all previous attempts to coordinate trips, matches and the connection was futile and unsuccessful.
Ana was born 6 11th 1987th in Belgrade, where he received five years of the first racket. Mama Dragana, father and brother Miroslav Milos, were and are her biggest support.
- Simply, I liked tennis is at an early age. I had five years ago when I asked my parents to buy racket and has been for me to become a beautiful game. I remember as a child loved to spend time on the court, and even more to compete in tournaments. Of course, then no one thought that I would one day by a professional deal. However, when I was 13 years after their stay in France at the junior tournament, won the bid for a sponsorship deal from the Swiss Agency for talented children, began to talk about the potential that I possess the talent that could develop.

What sacrifices have you as a child the most annoying because of the training? How does an athlete looks childhood?

- While I grew up playing tennis, I had the feeling that whatever sacrifice. I've always enjoyed the tennis court and wanted to practice more. I probably would have dealt with a sport that I played tennis. I loved the school, so I think I had a good balance between tennis and school and time spent with friends and family. I had a happy childhood and I am grateful parents because of it. Only later came the first "sacrifice" when I was 12 but started to travel and play tournaments abroad. Fortunately, my mother always traveled with me, but my brother and father missing much.

Have you ever had a desire to deal with some other job?

- No, tennis has always been my choice. However, my parents did not at first make sure that tennis will become my profession and always insisted on education. With 13 years we decided to seriously devote myself to tennis.

How is the pace of life girls like you different from the life of your peers? Missing you going out, and spends time with friends?

- Night life I was never particularly attracted. The night clubs are rarely going, maybe a few times a year. For me a good going out to dinner at a good restaurant with friends or family. When it comes to hanging out in my life is certainly much different from the lives of other girls my age. It is very difficult to maintain any love relationship, whether with friends because of my constant travels. I try to at least see through Skype with friends, but even that is hard to match.

If you manage to reconcile love and work, and how much is needed to understand a man has to saw off your rhythm of life?

- It is very difficult. As I said, things very difficult journey. You must decide whether it is worthwhile to have a connection to be seen only occasionally and communicate by telephone. And, above all, it is very difficult in these circumstances, someone very familiar. In any case, the man must have very much understanding and flexibility to accommodate my schedule.

How do you find room for love?

- As for the connection, I think everything will be easier and more interesting at the end of his career. For now, it is difficult to maintain. Still, you never know.

Since you're an athlete, mind you media pomp, which rises about your private life as it was when you were in a relationship with golfer Adam Scott?

- I try not to follow. I hate to read about themselves. On what is written, I learn the most from a friend. Of course, it bothers me if incorrect information is handled, but I realize that media attention is part of my job and it is best not to pay attention too much because it can not affect.

Does it bother you or impress you when you declared the most beautiful tennis player?

- It's a compliment. Every woman loves to hear compliments, and even in that I am no different from others. It also means that people follow my tennis, which is good.

How does your day off and what do you enjoy most?

- I try to rest up physically and mentally, otherwise I'm training very hard. There is a morning coffee with a book to start the day, and then maybe some shopping if I have the energy for it, and if you do not usually see a movie at home with his brother. Usually arrange for an evening out to dinner with friends or family.

Are you tired before or you go to a jet-set events and posing on the red carpet?

- Do not go too often to such events. Sometimes it's fun to wear a nice dress and let the professional make-up artists and hairdressers. But how does this happen a few times a year, it is certain that I am not tired. It can be tedious if they did I just hard training.

Who has the greatest support in times when the most serious and what is it that always makes you get up and move on?

- My family! They supported me the most and know best. After the defeat is hard, but the motivation is always there. In tennis it is good to always have another tournament next week and another chance. Some defeats are falling harder than others, but also to remember the next matches. I love competing, and that means that I am motivated to train hard so I conquered.

What awake dreaming girl like you, who has achieved much in his career?

- On winning the Grand Slam. I want a lot more to accomplish in his career.

You've undergone a lot of countries and cultures, and recently you have photographed as a Chinese queen. Does this mean that you have been charmed by their culture?

- I'm not sure that I am in this picture just as a Chinese queen! Anyway, I like Chinese culture and I enjoy visiting other countries and cultures that I meet are so different from ours. Going to Japan and China each fall is the most interesting part of the season.

If you could find yourself in the role of Queen, so that you ruled?

- As for my "kingdom", I tried to help the poor, especially children who grow up in difficult circumstances.
http://pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/Revij...tim+tenis.html

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #3020
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww that last answer is so Ana! That's why we love her!
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #3021
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Tennis: Another smasher eyeing Auckland
By Michael Burgess
5:30 AM Sunday Aug 28, 2011

Email
Print
EXPAND
Ana Ivanovic isn't ruling out playing in the ASB Classic in the future. Photo / AP
We had Maria this year - could Ana be next? The presence of Maria Sharapova was a huge hit for the 2011 ASB Classic and fellow tennis glamour queen Ana Ivanovic won't rule out a visit Downunder in the future.

While her focus is on New York this week as the US Open gets under way, the Serbian is considering Auckland as part of her schedule.

"It's definitely a possibility," Ivanovic told the Herald on Sunday. "This year I decided to play Hopman Cup as it is such a fun event, and you are guaranteed three singles matches and three doubles, so it's great preparation at the start of the season. But I will consider Auckland in future years."

Ivanovic has been a regular visitor to Australia - in the days when she dated golfer Adam Scott she was virtually adopted as an Aussie - but the 23-year-old has never made the journey across the Tasman.

"I haven't visited [New Zealand] yet, but I would like to," says Ivanovic. "I don't know that much about it, aside from the beautiful nature. I know quite a few Aussies, so I am aware of that sporting rivalry. Most of the people I've met from New Zealand have been fun and laid-back."

The landscape of the WTA and ATP tours seems to make it increasingly harder for smaller events to attract big names, given that top players are only allowed to play a certain number of lesser tournaments.

In 2012 Brisbane will provide fierce competition for Auckland, as it has been upgraded in status to a premier event on the WTA tour, meaning US$600,000 ($725,000) in prizemoney and no restriction on the amount of top 10 players. Auckland offers US$220,000 ($265,000) and can sign just one top 10 player.

As well as Sharapova, the ASB Classic has attracted Lindsay Davenport and Elena Dementieva for reported six figure fees but Ivanovic says it is not all about the money.

"I'm not sure how much of a factor prize money is in attracting players," says Ivanovic. "What's more important to me is the timing and the strength of the field. Geography is a factor too [as] you always try to make a schedule that makes sense in terms of travel."

Auckland prides itself on being a friendly, hospitable event in comfortable surroundings but Ivanovic says that is not unique on the tour.

"Many tournaments are very well run and the staff welcoming and kind. You go back there year after year, so you form a relationship with them. But timing is really the most important thing. There are tournaments in some very attractive locations that I would love to play but they don't suit my schedule."

In the US Open, which starts tonight (NZT), Ivanovic looms as a potential dark horse, especially with the absence of Kim Clijsters and injury clouds over the Williams sisters. She has a forehand still regarded as one of the best on the circuit, but also retains a wobbly serve and questionable game temperament.

After winning the French Open in 2008 - in her third Grand Slam final in 13 months - she was ranked number one in the world and the possibilities were endless. She hasn't progressed beyond the fourth round of the 13 Grand Slams since and injuries and slumps have seen her spend time outside the top 50.

But she can take heart from an encouraging performance at Flushing Meadows last year when she reached the last 16 before being ousted by eventual champion Clijsters, and has shown improvement in the second half of this year.

"I've not had a great first part of the season, but I'm hoping to change that," says Ivanovic. "It has been up and down for me, but I'm looking forward now. There is still half of the season to go."

After tasting success so young, Ivanovic is sure she would appreciate it more the second time round - if she can get back there. She talks of no longer taking wins for granted and handling success, and failure, much better. She is trying out another new coach - her eighth since 2006 - and has brought former fitness trainer Scott Byrnes back into her stable.

Off the court, Ivanovic remains as popular as ever - having won many awards as 'hottest' female athlete or tennis player. She was even named the best-looking woman in the history of tennis by the Melbourne Age and is one of the most recognisable faces on the planet.

By Michael Burgess | Email Michael
Is Ana never going to set foot in Brisbane again?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/tennis/new...ectid=10747867

Old Aug 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #3022
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

The Age Definitely Melbourne's most reputable newspaper, so it must be true (the best looking woman tennis player in history )
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #3023
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Ana's celebrity status will never changes.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #3024
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Is Ana never going to set foot in Brisbane again?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/tennis/new...ectid=10747867
Don't say that

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM   #3025
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

On USO official site there is interview with Ana after "beating" Cetkovska, and also Matt Cronin preview for Ana's 3rd round match vs Stephens:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Ivanovic
An Interview With: Ana Ivanovic
Thursday, September 1, 2011

Q. How are you feeling now after two successful matches?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, you know, it's never actually, you know, nice to win this way, I guess. I really hope she recovers fast. She had a great week last week. I saw she had some tape on already last few matches. I mean, I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy to be through to next round. But, you know, it's important to build from there.

Q. But I mean, how do you feel physically? Your tennis?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, physically I feel really good. Today I had a great hit, and I really, you know, felt good and I was excited for today's match and opportunity for revenge.But, you know, just have to keep that momentum. Now I got an extra day off, which is always nice.

Q. I wanted to ask just real quick about your countryman, Djokovic. He's been No. 1 and you were No. 1. Do you have any advice or thoughts on how to handle that, because it can be a challenge to handle that?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think it's a lot harder to stay there than to get there. I think he's doing great. It's very important to stick with the same things, you know. You have to keep motivated and keep, you know, inspired and hungry for success. Because sometimes, you know, it's easy to take things for granted, and before you know it it slips away from you.

Q. Caroline Wozniacki has a high profile relationship with a golfer. You've kind of been there. Any advice for her on how to deal in the public eye in that way in that kind of a relationship?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think it's different for every person, because some people like to be in the middle of attention or public eye and others don't. It's just very personal how you like to deal with it. I think, you know, once you decide how you want to handle it you should go about it. Of course if you want to be more private, that's harder. If you want to be out there it's a little bit easier. It's, you know, about to find the balance and to accept these things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cronin
ANA IVANOVIC VS SLOANE STEPHENS

Sloane Stephens is a very talented teenager who is fast, has power off both wings, owns an improving serve and appears to love the big stage. She is full of life and should be a fine addition to US women's tennis over the next decade. Now here’s the “but.” Sometimes after huge wins, like Stephens pulled off over the seeded Shahar Peer, younger players have a natural letdown and that’s what I'm expecting here. It’s not that I don't think that the 18-year-old can't play with Ivanovic, because I do. It’s true the former No. 1 has not had a great year, but she as working very hard on improving daily and has far more experience on the big stage.

What Stephens has to do is hang in the match and hope that Ivanovic gets the yips on her serve. She also must be very aware of Ivanovic's forehand, one of the biggest and most effective on tour. She cannot overplay to that side, but she also can't allow Ivanovic to get a read on her game plan and camp in the lefthand corner and blast away.

That's easier said than done, as Ivanovic knows how to maneuver herself into positive positions on the court and still has top-10 stuff as long as she doesn’t get too anxious. This should be a highly entertaining match between one of the tour's most interesting and established personalities (Ivanovic), and one of its newest and most endearing ones. Ivanovic will come though in three hard fought sets.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #3026
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Have no idea why anyone thinks Ana can win in three. If she is to win, it'll be in two.
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3027
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Have no idea why anyone thinks Ana can win in three. If she is to win, it'll be in two.
This is her best opportunity to win in 3. Stephens is still a girl and she has no experience of that kind. This is a very important match. If Sloane wins the first set and starts choking in second, Ana will probably win. If Ana wins the first set, she'll win in two. Of course, Sloane can also win in two (like she did against Peer), but I don't want to think about it.
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #3028
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Ana Interview after wins vs Sloan Stephens:
Quote:
An Interview With: Ana Ivanocic
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Print

Q. Do you want to assess your performance overall, what you did well and what didn't go well?
ANA IVANOVIC: I thought I started off really well and was really aggressive which was really important because I actually haven't seen her play much in the past. But I could tell she has a big game if she has time. I tried to put more pressure on her, take time away. It worked well. In the second set she raised her level and it was a battle. I thought I stayed composed in the end and did well to break her back on 4 All and then hold my serve in the end.

Q. You look like you're playing with a lot more joy than you have in the past couple years. Why is that?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I think with all the work I've done, you do gain confidence. Obviously when you win, you have more confidence, you enjoy competing much more. That's something that I gain back. You know, I enjoy competing much more again. It makes a big difference because you don't doubt so much when you step on the court and you can play a lot freer.

Q. How much did you enjoy yourself out there? First night on Ashe?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yes, it was. I was really excited. I kind of didn't know what to expect. My coach, This is what you work for. Just relax and enjoy. But nerves do play a part a little bit. Also playing against an American girl, you know, crowd favorite. But I really enjoyed it and I had really good time out there. Yeah, it was great experience.

Q. After the match, Tracy asked on court about playing Serena next. The crowd reacted, Oh. Is that your reaction?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think it's exciting, at least for me. I think she's the hottest player out there at the moment. She's been playing so well lately. It is going to be a good challenge. It is tough draw to play her fourth round. I could have had somebody else maybe. But she's favorite, that's for sure, you know. But I am playing good and I enjoy competing again, like I said. You know, I know I can give her a tough match. You know, she beat me in the past, but maybe I can go for revenge on Monday.

Q. How good do you think Sloane can be?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think she can be really good. I think she has a big serve. Maybe with a little more variety on it, she can be even more dangerous. She has a big forehand. She's fit, strong girl. Yeah, I think she has a big potential.

Q. She didn't serve to your backhand much at all.
ANA IVANOVIC: No, I know. Exactly. That's something I could pick. That's what I tried to, you know, use as my advantage. But she does have a big serve. As I said, if she mixes up a little more, then it's harder to guess.

Q. When you broke her at 4 3 with the forehand down the line, it was almost as if you'd won a Grand Slam.
ANA IVANOVIC: I know. I was a little bit excited (laughter). But, like I said, it was emotional. And the crowd really got behind us. It was a lot of excitement, a lot of buildup. I think it was a great rally. We were hitting the ball so well. To finish point on that note and on a shot like that, it was really exciting. But, you know, doesn't matter if it was breakpoint. Even if it was first point of the match, I would probably be as excited.

Q. What does it mean to you to be back on the big stage doing this?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, that's something you work for. And I'll really excited. Like I've been saying, I can see improvement. I can see the consistency is getting there. Still a lot of work to be done to achieve what I want to achieve and to go where I want to go. But, you know, it's exciting to be back in the mix and to challenge top players. And that's why I think, you know, playing against Serena in the fourth round, it's going to be huge test.

Q. How did Nigel help you develop or get your game back where it is now?
ANA IVANOVIC: He has helped me a lot. I think our relationship, it's really good. I can pick up things fast from his coaching. We have same views, and that's very important, as well, because then you can absorb things better. You know, if there is something I don't like or I don't feel good about, I'll tell him and he will adjust or approach it differently. That's very, very important. We have, you know, big goals, and we look at the big picture. But the results are already there, which is very encouraging.

Q. What specifically has he worked on?
ANA IVANOVIC: We worked a lot on my forehand, you know, just getting rid of some fly forehands that I used to hit in the past and just try to work the ball a little bit more. And obviously, you know, improving my serve.

Q. The first couple weeks when you were with him, you said you would go on court, he would say, Play natural, don't get too much in your head about what I'm saying. Now is it different where he can say, This is our strategy, this is what I want you to try to do, and you don't get nervous about it?
ANA IVANOVIC: Definitely. He can help me a lot more now because we know each other better. He can give me trigger words that make a big difference. When I go to play my matches, he can say, Today work on this, work on that. As you get to know someone, you can sort of develop that kind of relationship. And also when I am competing, I can tell, you know, if I make some mistakes, I know that's probably because I didn't do that. It's good that we have very good communication and it helps.

Q. Are you a better player than you were in '08 or as good a player?
ANA IVANOVIC: I get asked that a lot, and it's very hard to compare because I think I'm different player and person overall. And competition is different. It's very hard to compare, you know. But I definitely do think my forehand is becoming a weapon again, and my serve is getting there. I can serve really big on important moments. Today, you know, in first set, serve kind of helped me to close out the first set. It's getting there to the level to compete against the top.

Q. Did you watch the first set when Serena went up so fast? Is that intimidating at all to see?
ANA IVANOVIC: Actually, I saw first few games and then I went to warm up for my match. But she's been playing great. She's been striking the ball well, moving well. Like I said, it's going to be a good challenge. But, you know, I think, yeah, just trying to play my game and see how it match up. Because I think it's different against each opponent.

Q. If that happens to you, what do you have to do to stay in the match?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, against these players, you definitely feel you need to step up more. But that's something I think I have to be very careful of, not try to overpower and just try to stick with my game, you know, try my best, try to put more pressure maybe. But, you know, there is no need to overpower basically because that produces more errors.

Q. Last time you played her, do you remember?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think we played in exhibition in Madison Square Garden. We played in Dubai. Maybe that was the last competitive match.

Q. Do you remember anything about the competitive match between you two?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, she definitely has a big serve and very powerful strokes, and she likes to dominate basically. You know, I've been watching a little bit towards the end of the second set. You know, I have to put a lot of weight on my shots, you know, just try to play like I've been practicing. Things have been working. See how it goes.

Q. A few weeks ago you said when some other players go out to play Serena, they're already afraid, wrong mentality, lose the match before they get out there. Your feelings going out there? Do you feel excited or is there a little fear?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she can play well. If opponent does play well, you can't do much about them. You congratulate them and move on. I think that's a big part of the game of Serena and Venus, as well; they do intimidate players. That's something that I expect that's how they approach. I have my ways of approaching match. I know what they have got. So I'm going to try and match that, you know, and do better. But if they play well, all credit to them.

Q. A lot of things can happen. But with Sloane, do you see top 20, top 10, what kind of potential?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think definitely she has potential to be top 20. She's young. Yeah, big forehand.

Q. Ana, do you really feel ready for this match, or do you think it's a little early in the process to be going out Monday during the day and facing a player who has been playing incredible all summer?

ANA IVANOVIC: No, I'm actually very, very excited about it. You know, from this moment on, it's preparation for this match. Tomorrow I'm going to practice and talk to Nigel about tactics and stuff. But really I'm very, very excited. Just happy to have the opportunity to be in the second week. You know, it's been a while. I just want to go out there and enjoy and be competitive.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #3029
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

She was obviously bored during that presser. And those questions are SOOOO TF, some of those are even disrespectful. "When you broke her at 4 3 with the forehand down the line, it was almost as if you'd won a Grand Slam." WTF??? Have they ever watch Tsonga, Monfils, Štepanek????? Ana's reaction was sweet, she didn't fall on her knees and started screaming.
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #3030
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Q. What's the most difficult thing about playing Serena?
ANA IVANOVIC: Today was kind of wind. I mean, it was really gusty out there, and in the wind it's always gonna be even tougher. In those kind of conditions, serve is the shot that it's gonna go away from both players because of the conditions. You know, it did a bit. My serve broke down little more than hers did. I still created lots of opportunities and I felt I was stepping up a lot, and I just felt that was the biggest difference today.

Q. After the Azarenka match, she said that when Serena is on a roll and really playing well, the best way she can describe it for the opponent is painful. When Serena is on her game at her best, how would you describe it?
ANA IVANOVIC: It is definitely tough. You know, you have both coming from either side, just, you know, sort of looking at the winners. But I think at that time you have to step up a little more and try to, you know, take it up to her and maybe try to get her out of her rhythm. You know, I didn't feel like I was getting blown off the court today. I really felt I created a lot of opportunities even for myself. But, you know, she did play well. Like I said, I felt her serve held up more than mine did, and that was the difference.

Q. What do you think the chances are for other players as Serena moves on in the tournament?

ANA IVANOVIC: As I said even before the match, I think she's the favorite for the tournament. She's been playing really well, and it's gonna be tough, you know. But also, you know, the conditions are different and every match is different, so you have to raise your level. She's doing that, so, yeah, I think she has good chance.

Q. In addition to Serena's power and her strokes, she can often be a very intimidating opponent. In the first set I think to go up 4-3 she fended off a break point, and for the first time really screamed, Come on. Did that episode rattle you or affect you? In general, how do you think you did with sort of the mind games or the psychology of facing her today?

ANA IVANOVIC: Not at all. I mean, I was screaming some "Come ons." She does try to intimidate. She stays close to the baseline so you feel like you have no space to hit to. That's something I expected going into the match. I really try not to look so much across the net. I just tried to focus on my game and tried to do everything that I can. I mean, I started off with lot of unforced errors, but I did have to be aggressive. It sort of came together a little bit throughout the match. I did have opportunities, as I said, even in that first set; and then in the second set 1-2 down I had opportunities. So, you know, I really feel it was kind of close match.

Q. You might still be out there if your serve had been going better, it seems. What was it with the serves? Is it the wind or are you disappointed with the way you served?
ANA IVANOVIC: My serve is getting better, and it's on the way of becoming weapon. But like I was talking, it still has lot of more work to be done on it. Today it was even more challenging with this wind. Even tossing ball without wind is hard enough. It's just how it is, and I really feel there was a lot of positives out there. Like I said, even with my base game not being at the level I want it to be, I still felt I had opportunities.

Q. Is it difficult for you to catch your toss? You've always had, it seems, a problem with tossing. But in these conditions you didn't seem to catch your toss even when it was going way out to the right.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I know. I know. I do have problems with that. Because I feel kind of bad stopping, but that's my problem. (Laughter.)

Q. Once again, we have a tournament where Serbians have done incredibly well. You have been asked this a million times, but please, what makes Serbian tennis so good?
ANA IVANOVIC: I really -- it's hard to say, but I think once a few players come up, the generation sort of follows. It's been great to have so many players playing so well. I saw Janko had a win. It's really exciting. People back home are very thrilled, and they wake up in the middle of the night to watch our matches. We always get messages of support, which is great. That's something that also motivates us.

Q. On court, is there anything in particular, a certain kind of toughness or part of the game on court that is common to Serbs?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I think Serbians actually have quite a combustible character, so it's very -- I don't know. Maybe that's good for tennis. Maybe that's something that drives us. But sometimes we can have fired up emotions out there.

Q. Serena is considered to have one of the best serves in the women's game. But on second serve you were standing way inside the baseline to receive her. Is that what you normally do with her or with others?
ANA IVANOVIC: I do. I really try to step up, especially on the second serve and sometimes even on the first serve. But like I said, I felt that was my opportunity to take the ball early and to put her under pressure straightaway. And also, considering, you know, that there was so much wind, you can't go full out on your serve because you toss the ball and it moves all over the place. That's something I tried to really use and tried to, you know, think maybe even stepping up more.

Q. If Novak does indeed advance to play Janko in the next round, do you have any insight into the emotions into Davis Cup teammates, two Serbians who know each other well playing each other? Are you generally supportive of one another? Will that, do you think, be a difficult dynamic?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think the guys, they have really good relationship with each other. I don't know if Novak and Janko played many times against each other, but I know Novak and Troicki, there was a period where they played every week against each other. It's always tough to play someone from your own country. And especially from my point of view, I mean, we don't have too many girls out there. You know, I didn't play Bojanna yet, but when I play Jelena it's always tough because it's a lot more emotional and you're not used to it. But I'm sure they'll be a great match.

Q. What would you say Novak's year and his Wimbledon championship mean to Serbia?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's huge. I mean, I don't know if you have seen the celebration after he got back. It's amazing. Wimbledon, it's the most traditional Grand Slam, and in Serbia they still call tennis white sport, you know, because of how it's been played in the past. It's huge. You know, to have him win that made Serbia very proud.

Q. If he were to win it here, what do you think it would mean?
ANA IVANOVIC: It would be amazing, because then he's, you know, going for all four eventually. I think Grand Slam is a Grand Slam. You just want that victory.

Q. Novak, talk about his role in Serbia. Is he the most important person in Serbia?
ANA IVANOVIC: Over the president? (Laughter.) Well, I think he's definitely most famous person, you know. We do have so many followers. I mean, tennis, it became the No. 1 sport in Serbia. No matter how old the person is, they know about, you know, Novak or Janko or Viktor or myself or Jelena. It's exciting, I think. You know, that's what drives young kids to take up sport.

Q. He's known for his whackiness, his jokes. When did you realize this guy was special? Do you have an early story you could share with us?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I played with him tournaments under 10 and under 12 back home in Serbia, so we do go a long way. He always was joker, always making impersonations and laughing and trying to pull jokes. One of the first professional tournaments that we played together, I think was in 's Hertogenbosch in Holland and he was in the player lounge doing impersonations of all these players. I said, Come on, do an impersonation of me, and then he started like banging his leg against the floor. I was like, Do I really do that? It was kind of embarrassing, but it was fun.

Q. Has he ever done your fist pump?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, of course. Even the guy in Starbucks did that. (Laughter.)

Q. Have you and Nigel talked about where you're gonna set up like your training base for the rest of the year?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it's, you know, early days, but we did talk a little bit about off season of course, because that's something that has to be planned. But, you know, we gonna be a little bit between, you know, Spain and England and just see how it goes.

Q. Not having great results so far this season, what do you take away from the Open? It looked like you were pretty confident out there today.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think I had quite good summer considering from where I came. I did put a lot of hard work and lot of efforts. It's good to see that paying off. I'm still aware I have to work a lot, but, you know, the base game, it's kind of there. I gained a lot more confidence from winning a lot more matches. And also, you know, my serve is improving, which is kind of important, especially in today's game. But, yeah, no, it's exciting times. We are looking, with Nigel and Scott we are looking at big picture and what I have to do to get better and back to the top. But, you know, winning a lot more matches definitely does help with confidence.
I hope mods will not remove this article like ATP related