~Ana's articles~ - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #16
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lollipop_girl~ View Post
U better not after the story I just wrote u about the BellyButtons
All true btw as well
well, since you went out of your way to act like an on the board, i suppose shooting is out of question
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #17
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
well, since you went out of your way to act like an on the board, i suppose shooting is out of question
Thank u, I knew u were nice some where in that fighting soul of urs
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #18
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lollipop_girl~ View Post
Thank u, I knew u were nice some where in that fighting soul of urs
thanks

now let's hope this little thread of yours will eventually take off
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #19
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ana named sexiest player at Wimbledon
July 13, 2007 /

The Sun, the biggest-selling newspaper in Britain, has named Ana as the sexiest player at this year’s Wimbledon. Readers of the tabloid publication chose Ana above all other women as the best-looking player to compete at the All England Club this year.

The award is the latest in a long list of accolades Ana has received for her looks. Last year she was named the most attractive female tennis player by The Tennis Channel, and a year earlier tennisrep0rters.net gave her the same award.

Ana’s occasional doubles partner Maria Kirilenko finished second, while Maria Sharapova and Daniela Hantuchova were joint third.

Semi-finalist Ana was the only player among the 'most attractive' quartet to progress beyond the fourth round.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #20

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Court sirens call shots in the glamour game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sthodg129.xml

Apart from Tatiana Golovin and her red knickers, the women have been wearing a uniform of 'predominantly white' clothing at Wimbledon. But the Frenchwoman is not the only one with a bit of flair and personality in the women's game. This collection of striking photographs demonstrates that the sport is not filled with automatons who spend their days thinking only about tennis, tennis and more tennis.

There is a reason why Ana Ivanovic did a photo-shoot wearing a dress in a swimming pool. Ivanovic, the runner-up at the French Open and the world No 6 on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, learnt to play tennis on a court marked out in an emptied pool. Apparently, she always had to hit down the lines, as any attempt to run down a cross-court shot would lead to a collision with the walls of the pool. "It was impossible to play," the 19-year-old said. "But that's where I grew up practising and it's where people still practise."
As for Jelena Jankovic, another Serbian and the world No 3, she posed next to studio lights as she aspires to become a screen actress once she is finished with her tennis career. Jankovic would probably just smile and grin all the way through any film role. "I was even offered a role in a movie in Serbia once," she said.

Frenchwoman Severine Bremond was photographed with a grand piano, as she once harboured dreams of becoming a concert pianist. "I wish I could sing and play the piano, but I only ever sing in the shower," Bremond said. A close friend of hers on the tour, France's Camille Pin, disclosed that, in between tournaments, she spends her time scuba-diving.

Jie Zheng was the first Chinese woman to win a Grand Slam title, while Maria Kirilenko could have become a ballet dancer rather than a tennis player. The Russian's mother sent her to ballet school when she was five. "She wanted me to move around a bit more because I was fat," said Kirilenko. How things have changed. She is now employed as a model for a range of tennis clothes designed by Stella McCartney, the daughter of former Beatle Paul. "It's nice to look good, but first and foremost I concentrate on my game."
I want to see the others from the photo shoot
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #21

A couple of little ones:

Quote:
Strawberries and green
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/2182929.cms

[Other players mentioned include Sharapova, Nikki, Daniela, Venus and some men]

Ana Ivanovic

Ranked sixth in the world, the gorgeous Ana is in high demand with the international press at Wimbledon. They have delighted in the warm, down-to-earth personality of the Serbian Smasher, as she is known. She has also been described as "the Queen of Hearts", "a model pro" and one newspaper even ran the headline "Ana From Heaven."She also revealed that she didn't receive any Valentine's cards, even though she has been called the prettiest female player ever grace at Wimbledon.
Quote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/2165414.cms

[Other players include: Makiri, Mirza, JJ, Williams' sisters, Sharapova]

Ana Ivanovic

She started her career at the age of 5 and first caught the eye of the tennis world when she reached the final of the Junior Wimbledon tournament in 2004. The dazzling Serb burst onto the scene by winning her first career singles titles, as a qualifier, in Canberra, Australia in 2005. Her ranking continued to rise till she headed into the 2007 French Open, including a victory over Maria Sharapova. The 20-year-girl who broke Aravane Rezai, to take a 2-0 lead, at Wimbledon, is a stunner on the court and off it too. Ana is a blend of grit, grace and glamour. And while the grace and glamour are nice to the eye, it's her grit that makes her a champion. It is said that she has the number 1 visited website of all female sports stars.
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #22
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Latest articles about Ana

USA Today

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #23
country flag azdaja

an opportunity for me to post something

http://sport.orf.at/070813-12434/?hr...story_txt.html

Quote:
Neue Großmacht im Miniformat
Wien-Starter Djokovic gelang es als erstem Spieler, Federer und Nadal bei einem Turnier zu schlagen.

Ana Ivanovic und Novak Djokovic haben zumindest drei Dinge gemeinsam: Sie sind jung, serbische Tennisstars und aktuelle Turniersieger.

Ivanovic, die im November 20 Jahre alt wird, setzte sich am Sonntag im Endspiel des mit 600.000 Dollar dotierten WTA-Turniers von Los Angeles gegen die Russin Nadja Petrowa 7:5 6:4 durch.

Djokovic, nicht ganz ein halbes Jahr älter als seine Landsfrau, verpatzte beim Masters-Turier in Montreal Roger Federer die erhoffte Party zum 50. Turniersieg und bezwang den Titelverteidiger 7:6 (7/2) 2:6 7:6 (7/2).

Damit haben beide serbischen Jungstars ihren Aufwärtstrend vor den in zwei Wochen beginnenden US Open erneut deutlich unter Beweis gestellt. Sie durften sich über den vierten bzw. sechsten Turniersieg ihrer Karriere freuen.

Trio auf den Rängen drei und vier
Während Djokovic als neuer Dritter der Weltrangliste bei den serbischen Herren relativ alleine auf weiter Flur steht (nur Janko Tipsarevic scheint als 47. noch in den Top 100 auf), hat Ivanovic in Jelena Jankovic eine gleichwertige Partnerin im Team.

Die 22-Jährige, die sich im Halbfinale von Los Angeles ihrer Landsfrau in drei Sätzen geschlagen geben musste, liegt im WTA-Ranking als Dritte sogar noch einen Platz vor Ivanovic, die seit Montag erstmals Nummer vier im WTA-Computer ist.

Der größte bisherige Erfolg
Djokovic, der bei der 22. BA-CA-Trophy im Oktober die Nummer eins in der Wiener Stadthalle sein wird, freute sich nach dem Erfolg gegen den zweifachen Montreal-Sieger Federer natürlich entsprechend.

"Es ist ein unglaublicher Sieg für mich. Es war ein noch größerer Erfolg als in Miami (wo er im März seinen ersten Erfolg bei einem Masters-Series-Turnier feierte, Anm.), denn ich habe es geschafft, in den letzten drei Runden die Top Drei der Welt zu schlagen. Ein Traum ist wahr geworden."

Der junge Serbe hatte sich in Montreal der Reihe nach gegen Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal und schließlich - erstmals im fünften Duell - gegen den Weltranglisten-Ersten aus der Schweiz durchgesetzt.

So etwas war zuletzt Boris Becker 1994 in Stockholm gelungen, als er der Reihe nach Michael Stich (ATP-Nr. 3), Pete Sampras (1) und Goran Ivanisevic (2) aus dem Turnier warf.

Noch nicht am Ziel
Djokovic, heuer schon im Halbfinale von Paris und Wimbledon, macht kein Hehl daraus, dass er damit spekuliert, einmal die Nummer eins der Welt zu werden.

"Es ist noch ein weiter Weg, obwohl ich schon die Nummer drei bin. Ich kann nicht sagen, dass ich daran denke, in einem oder zwei Jahren die Nummer eins zu sein. Ich werde weiter daran arbeiten und so weitermachen wie bisher. Es ist das Ziel meines Lebens, einmal die Nummer eins zu sein, aber ich habe noch viel Zeit."

"Die kommende Nummer eins"
Der Rechtshänder aus Belgrad hat sich in weniger als zwei Jahren von Platz 280 in die Top Drei gespielt. Und dabei wird es laut Nadal nicht bleiben. "Er ist die kommende Nummer eins", so der Spanier.

Auch Federer traut dem Youngster den ganz großen Sprung zu. "Djokovic hat sich innerhalb des vergangenen Jahres stark verbessert. Wenn seine Entwicklung so weitergeht, hat er bald Chancen, ein Grand-Slam-Turnier zu gewinnen. Der Sieg hier in Montreal könnte sein ganz großer Durchbruch gewesen sein."

Niemand ist unschlagbar
Ein ähnliches Ziel wie ihr Landsmann hat wohl auch Ivanovic. Die 19-Jährige, die heuer in Paris erst im Endspiel an Justine Henin gescheitert war und in Wimbledon bis ins Halbfinale kam, hat sich zuletzt gegen zahlreiche Top-Ten-Spielerinnen durchgesetzt.

"Ich habe die meisten der Spitzenspielerinnen geschlagen, und das gibt mir viel Selbstvertrauen. Im Frauen-Tennis kann jede jede schlagen. Wenn ich gegen besser gereihte Spielerinnen antrete, habe ich das Gefühl, auch sie schlagen zu können."

Ivanovic hat von den Spitzenspielerinnen bisher nur Henin und die Williams-Schwestern nicht auf ihrer "Abschussliste". Das könnte sich aber schon bei den US Open ändern. "Ich würde sie gerne herausfordern und wieder gegen sie spielen. Denn ich glaube, ich hätte definitiv eine gute Chance."

Serbiens Tennis sieht jedenfalls einer rosigen Zukunft entgegen.
i will try to translate the article tomorrow (unless somebody does it before me).
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #24
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

wow really great article, but i'm too lazy to translate
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #25
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadl View Post
wow really great article, but i'm too lazy to translate
so am i, but this time i will make an effort.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #26
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, I understood most of it.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #27
country flag azdaja

a loose translation:

new superpower in small format
novak djokovic (who will play the tournament in vienna in october) is the first player to defeat both federer and nadal in one tournament

ana ivanovic and novak djokovic have at least 3 things in common: they are young, serbian tennis stars and current tournament champions.

ivanovic, who will turn 20 in november, defeated nadia petrova of russia 7:5 6:4 in the sunday final of the $600k tournament in los angeles.

djokovic, who is less than half a year older than his compatriot, ruined for federer the expected 50th title party by defeating him 7:6 (7/2) 2:6 7:6 (7/2)

with their victories both serbian stars convincingly continue their rise 2 weeks before the us open. they could celebrate their 4th and 6th title respectively.

trio ranked 3 & 4
while djokovic who is new nr3 in the world stands almost alone as a serbian player on atp tour (only janko tipsarevic ranked 47 is in the top 100) ivanovic has in jelena jankovic an equal partner in team ()

the 22 years old, who was defeated by her compatriot in 3 sets in the semifinal, is ranked even one place better than ivanovic, who is nr 4 in the world in the wta-computer on monday.

(i'm too lazy to translate the part dedicated to nole, but it basically talks about his ambition to reach the nr 1 and it says that defeating 3 best players in the world in one tournament is an amazing feat.)

nobody is unbeatable
ivanovic has a goal similar to her compatriot. the 19 years old, who was defeated in the final of rg by justine henin and reached the semifinal of wimbledon, has lately enjoyed success over numerous players from the top 10.

"i have defeated most top 10 players and that gives me a lot of confidence. in women's tannis anyone can beat anyone. if i player against better ranked players i have the feeling that i can beat them as well."

the only top player ivanovic still hasn't defeated are henin and williams sisters. however, that could change already at the us open. "i would like to challenge them and play against them again. because i believe i'd really have a chance to win."

in any case the future of serbian tannis looks bright.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #28
country flag Cp6uja

The Financial Times (UK)

Looks, talent and personality

By Eleanor Preston
Published: August 17 2007 18:46

If there is an ideal of tennis perfection in looks, talent and personality, Ana Ivanovic is probably it. There are pretty players, gifted players and personable players but the 19-year-old Serbian is all three. She could have been dreamt up in a laboratory by white-coated scientists on a mission to make the ultimate 21st-century female player.

Small wonder, then, that if she wins the US Open, which starts in just over a week, she is likely to eclipse defending champion Maria Sharapova as the most marketable individual in the women’s game.

Ivanovic has signalled she is capable of following up May’s run to the French Open final, where she lost heavily to Justine Henin, by winning her debut grand-slam title in New York three weeks today. She built on her performances at Roland Garros by reaching the semi-finals of Wimbledon and has just broken into the world’s top five, sitting at number four, her highest ever ranking.

She lost unexpectedly early in the Rogers Cup in Toronto this week, but that followed a tough week in Los Angeles where she won her fourth tour title. And last year, she proved her ability on American hard courts when winning the US Open Series by being the top female performer in the string of tournaments that lead up to the season’s final major.

Her success in the US 12 months ago, however, failed to be a portent for the main event itself, a pattern that was frequently repeated early in her career. She emerged from the juniors teeming with potential but took time to adjust to life among the professionals. Her looks ensured that she received plenty of attention, but she struggled to make the transition from starring in advertisements for WTA Tour sponsor Sony Ericsson to taking a leading role where it really mattered – on court.

It is one of the cruelties of tennis that it does not allow for gradual development and instead praises prodigies such as Rafael Nadal and Sharapova, who sparkled at 17 but whose careers may not prove to have the same longevity of some of their slower-burning peers. Ivanovic’s rate of progression is more like that of Roger Federer, who was a star at junior level but did not win his first grand-slam title until he was nearly 22. It took a breakthrough – in Federer’s case qualifying for the 2002 Masters Cup in Shanghai – to give him the self-belief required to go from being potential champion to champion. Ivanovic’s effort in making the French Open final could be a similarly career-defining moment.

Few people are better placed to measure her progress than Sven Groenefeld, who worked with a young Federer and has also had long-term coaching relationships with Mary Pierce and Greg Rusedski, among others. Groenefeld is now special adviser to Ivanovic’s sponsor Adidas, and appears to have earned his salary by convincing her that she was more than just a pretty face.

With Groenefeld’s guidance, she became fitter and her passive, predictable game became much more aggressive and vibrant, and thus far more of a match for the bigger hitters at the top of the game. Her cheerful disposition ensured that she was always liked by her rivals but these days she is feared by them, too.

The experienced Russian Nadia Petrova, who Ivanovic beat in the Los Angeles final last week, rates her forehand as one of the most potent weapons in the women’s game. “I would say she just rips it off without even thinking,” said Petrova. “Comparing with any other players, it is the best forehand by far on tour. Her fitness coach did a good job with her [too], she’s lost some weight and is dangerous. Even out of difficult positions, she’s coming up with big shots.”

Groenefeld says: “I think the biggest improvement is her agility, her flexibility and her movement on court so she is set up much better for the ball now. She’s retrieving a lot better and she’s making her opponents play a lot more balls. Definitely, physically she’s made a huge leap and that has allowed her to play a game that suits her better.

“What I try to do is to have a game-plan A and B, and try to find answers for her. It’s basically simple. Life throws you questions and you have to find an answer. It’s the same on the court – what does your opponent offer you and what you can answer with?

“Through being involved with Federer at the early stage, that is a quality that Roger really perfects. He looks at a player and says, this guy is doing this and that really well, so I’ll find an answer and maybe throw an answer to them and see what they’ve got. Ana is doing that and she’s learning how to play the game.”

The fact that it has taken time to complete her tennis education should not be a surprise, indeed it is remarkable that she managed to become a professional at all, given where she comes from. She first wanted to play tennis at the age of five after seeing Monica Seles on television and remembered the number of the local club by heart so that she could nag her mother into calling it.

Yet this was Belgrade in the difficult years following the Balkans War and facilities for talented young tennis players were so spartan that she was famously forced to practice in an empty swimming pool. While she is too young to remember the war itself, Ivanovic was living in Belgrade when Nato forces bombed the city in 1999, and had to cope with the stigma of coming from a country that was then an international pariah.

“In ’99 when the bombing was, I was a little bit afraid. But then by the time you got used to it, you realised that they are not bombing just everything, just special buildings,” she explained. “It was hard financially then. But also, afterwards, the problem was to get visas to travel. Even now I have so many problems to get visa to go abroad to tournament.”

While much has been made of the emergence of talented Serbian players such as Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic, none really flourished until they left Serbia as young teenagers and went to train elsewhere. While Djokovic went to Germany and Jankovic to Nick Bollettieri’s academy in Florida, Ivanovic headed for Switzerland, where she still trains. No wonder it has taken a while for her to reach what appears to be the brink of everything that young tennis players dream of. She seems poised to turn an imperfect past into a perfect future.

Last edited by Cp6uja : Aug 20th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #29
country flag Cp6uja

Reuters (UK)

Ivanovic looks for further grand slam success
Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00AM BST

By Matthew Cronin

LOS ANGELES, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Serb Ana Ivanovic cracked the world top five after reaching the French Open final and Wimbledon semi-finals and now has her sights set on making a big splash at next week's U.S. Open.

"I feel more confident in my game and I feel like I've improved a lot," the 19-year-old Belgrade native told Reuters in an interview.

"I'm very excited to play another grand slam. I've played the U.S. open before and never reached the second week. My goal is to get there for the first time."

With a big serve, one of the most powerful forehands on the women's tour and a sound volley, the 6-foot-tall (1.83 metres) Ivanovic has hit her stride in 2007.

She won her second Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Tier I title in Berlin in May and then at the French Open stunned world number two Maria Sharapova and number four Svetlana Kuznetsova to reach the final, where she was buried by Justine Henin.

At Wimbledon, Ivanovic avoided a natural letdown and powered to the semi-finals, knocking out fellow teenager Nicole Vaidisova in a dramatic three-set quarter-final before falling to eventual champion Venus Williams in the semis.

"It was amazing," Ivanovic said. "It took some time to realise what was happening and that I beat so many top players. But I got more mature and put in the hard work and I could control my emotions much better. I was happy that I finally got the results."

Ivanovic had already showed promise in 2006, winning the Canadian Open, but her results were inconsistent.

BIGGER PUSH

But this year she felt her conditioning had improved, as had her mental approach and she was ready to make a bigger push.

"Somewhere deep inside I felt this," she said. "Winning Berlin helped. I felt more confident and relaxed and I knew not to get too over-excited. That's when I start missing and then I want to improve too fast, then I start to miss and get out of my rhythm."

Ivanovic said much of the key to her success has been her new-found ability to think about what she should be doing technically and strategically in the moment, rather than what lies ahead of her.

She said in her loss to Henin in the French Open final, she had forgotten to do that.

"I was thinking I can win a grand slam now and then it all changed and I got too nervous, but I learned from that."

The Serb is proud that she was able to rebound at Wimbledon and reach the semi-finals, but there she experienced a slight tear in her left knee, which affected her in her loss to Williams.

She consequently pulled out of tournaments at Stanford and San Diego but walked away with the top prize when she made her comeback in Los Angeles.

Ivanovic believes she has found her place in the top echelon of the game.

"I feel an excitement to be where I am," she said. "Reaching the top 10 was my goal for a while and now I feel my game is at a really high level.

"But I need to take it step by step and not think too much about it, because it's dangerous if I don't think realistically."

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 05:39 PM   #30
country flag Cp6uja

Mens Vogue