~Ana's articles~ - Page 170 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #2536
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Jelena Gencic,serbian tennis coach,in interview for Mondo:

I'm giving up on Ana!

Woman who was Novak's first coach,responded vigorously on Ana's statement, that she doesn't need a coach. "If she really think that way - way to go!(sarcastically). That's way she is going to have same result on every tournament she plays as she had in Dubai. "Star" as Ana can have a negative impact on the atmosphere in the national team in Fed Cup. We should't give up on anybody, but there are kids who are playing great tennis. We have Bojana and Aleksandra,and they are eager to play more and win. They love team spirit and that's what is important in Fed Cup.I wouldn't mix them with the "stars". I believed Ana can get back on the track,but i give up now. Serbia has plenty talented players and we should pay attention to them. I don't expect anything from Ana in the future. If Federer can not be without a coach,who she think she is,to be without a coach?!"
Actually, Gencic's statements don't surprise me at all. The whole thing with Ana now is that we've been through all this already.. it's deja vu, all over again. We've been through the "I don't need a coach phase", we've been through the "I have niggling injuries" phase, we've been through the "I need matches (but pull out of events)" phase, we've been through the "losing against scrubs left and right and blowing leads all the time" phase. To have to go through it all once again makes anyone lose faith. Because it means Ana and her team have not learned from it and have no idea how to avoid it. This is not about having a bad patch.. having an injury bothering.. no.. this is about doing something that already didn't work and lead to awful results once again. It's like that saying.. making a mitake is human, but insisting on it is stupid.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #2537
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiricky View Post
Well, I was in shock while I was reading the interview.

But I think that her volleys were fine, was very solid around the net. I forgot but I think her backhand was very solid, maybe better then her forehand which is a very bad thing itself. And as for serve, what she said was ridiculous.

She is so wrong about the coach. She desperately needs one, but I think her coach must be an older man, very experienced and calm by nature, I dare to say, a father figure. I've always thought that AVG was a wrong choice, as many other members. If she can't find one, she's better off one. As a consequence she'll be a journeywoman until that happens. I think that it's the same with any or without a coach. Of course, a therapy is an option but that's never going to happen.
Agreed.

She should consider it though.. it's something crucial for her if she ever wants to reach high goals again. Even Novak did it, why can't Ana?

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #2538
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

I think they want to expel Ana from the national team. I don't like that respected coach urges people to boycott Ana and openly demands her ejection from the team. She creates a lynch-atmosphere in Serbia,and media are all over this subject. This is not good at all.

Izzy,can you tell me,how many female players,from the same country,can play in singles at the Olympics? 2 or 3? Does that depends on the rankings?

One more thing about Gencic...she was only defending her profession.In that interview Ana offended her profession and made AVG look like an incompetent coach. If i understood Ana corectly,she thinks that there is no coach who can help her with her game.And then... "I need someone who can understand me..." it sound like she needs boyfriend more than a coach. I'm afraid that she has the reputation of a player hard to work with, a player who doesn't know what she wants,and,what is worse,who can't do,on the court,what her coash asks her to do.
I remember what Andy Roddick once said:"I'm not going to pay a guy to be my coach and then tell him what to do.You would be surprised how prevalent that is in tennis".
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #2539
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
I think they want to expel Ana from the national team. I don't like that respected coach urges people to boycott Ana and openly demands her ejection from the team. She creates a lynch-atmosphere in Serbia,and media are all over this subject. This is not good at all.

Izzy,can you tell me,how many female players,from the same country,can play in singles at the Olympics? 2 or 3? Does that depends on the rankings?

One more thing about Gencic...she was only defending her profession.In that interview Ana offended her profession and made AVG look like an incompetent coach. If i understood Ana corectly,she thinks that there is no coach who can help her with her game.And then... "I need someone who can understand me..." it sound like she needs boyfriend more than a coach. I'm afraid that she has the reputation of a player hard to work with, a player who doesn't know what she wants,and,what is worse,who can't do,on the court,what her coash asks her to do.
I remember what Andy Roddick once said:"I'm not going to pay a guy to be my coach and then tell him what to do.You would be surprised how prevalent that is in tennis".
Up to 4 players can play singles for a country in the Olympics. 56 players will gain direct entry due to ranking, only 4 from each country.

As for Ana, I'm sure she already created that reputation for herself. Doubt many people want to work with her now.. it's a very insecure job, with not many benefits coming from it.

And yes, her interviews lately have been completely contradictory.. can't believe there are people who like it.

As for Fed Cup and Gencic's statements.. Ana is making it easy for them.

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #2540
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Agree. Really dunno why people in Serbia are like this.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #2541
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Thanks,Izzy!

Just ignore Ana's fanboys,they will always blindly accept everything she does or says. All you can hear from them is "what a legs!"...or ..."i can't stop looking at her boobs". They can't be objective and don't care that much about her tennis. She is celebrity and she will be popular after retirement too. So...plenty of pics in the future for them. The biggest criticism would be..."this season has not started as we expected" and every girl who tries to be objective is -jealous bitch...or insane.
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #2542
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

ana only needs to make herself available for fed cup. she doesn't need to play. it's still very retarded to talk about anyone in this way in public.

otherwise it's true that ana seems to be back in her bubble.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #2543
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena Gencic is big tennis authority here (with reason), but nobody (in Serbia especially) have rights to be so disrespectful and malicious about Ana Ivanovic! I really don't want to argue with this 75y old lady, but to say that 250+ ranked Aleksandra Krunic and Ana Jovanovic both already more deserve to play for Serbia than Ana Ivanovic is way too much. Also, Ana is one of rare Serbian tennis players which never works with Gencic, so how can she use Ana's (lack of) personal qualities as bold argument why she not deserve and not worthy to represent Serbia!?

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #2544
country flag Vladiricky

Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice

I agree, what she said about Ana and Fed Cup is very wrong. Ana surely doesn't have a negative impact on the atmosphere in out Fed Cup team. Yes, there is a tension between Ana and JJ but I think it's made far worse by media and "tennis fans". And I'm sure other girls are happy to play with both Ana and JJ.
Vladiricky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2545
country flag gaviotabr

From Dubai's Gulf News (click to enlarge):

Old Feb 25th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #2546
country flag gaviotabr

Interesting article about coaching in an italian tennis magazine. Shows Ana's contradictions pretty clearly. Google translation:

Quote:
When the father is crucial
SUMMARY MULTIPAGE

Today I started reading the book written by Luca Bottazzi together with Carlo Rossi and Michele Pisaturo "From Child to Champion himself." On page 32 it refers to pauses between points and changeovers:

"The intervals, if properly managed, allow the player to relax, restore the right level of concentration and activation, to search for solutions. If the player does not learn to profitably exploit the breaks, it will suffer growing and tend to worsen the situation. "

As I read these words I thought of Saturday's match in Dubai between Caroline Wozniacki and Jelena Jankovic. In Denmark's first three games played at a very low rate and is capped by JJ: 0-3. Asked his father to catch up to the exchange field and the game changes. Caroline begins to pull harder, trying to take the lead of the game more frequently and the match became more balanced.

Wozniacki relies heavily on the father who, according to the time of the game and the mental state of his daughter, spoke in tones more or less sweet (do not know Polish so I have no idea what that is saying but the tone of the voice can be interpreted). Piotr Caroline knows very well and his actions almost always have a positive effect on her. I do not think that the random Wozniacki has won six of the last nine WTA tournaments played (among other things, in my view, defeat the Cincinnati was mainly due to tiredness from the flight to Copenhagen and that brought in the U.S. while the one with Cibulkova in Sydney by the fact that we still had to get used to the new racket) while lost in the semifinals in the two Slam (when it can not count on dad). I am sure that if there was Piotr by his side in New York and Melbourne Caroline would react differently at different times of difficulty faced by Zvonareva and Li.

Thinking of Caroline / Piotr came to my mind-changing field yesterday Azarenka / Sumik. Despite the soft and encouraging words of his coach did not have to be a psychologist to understand that Belarus was not listening. I do not know why but Azarenka not follow his coach and all the times I saw her play this year I had the impression that it was empty, she did not mind the outcome of the match which was fought over.

Finally, Ana Ivanovic. The month of November, said: "I really need a full-time coach that I can follow all the tournaments and during workouts. Heinz (Gunthardt) has a family as well as other commitments that had taken some time ago and can not follow the continuity needs. "

A few weeks ago, after stopping his working relationship with Anthony Van Grichen, said: "I'm at the stage of my career where I know what my goals and I know that I have to work hard to achieve them. I do not need a person that I repeat constantly what to do. I have no more than 15 years. "

After seeing her play Patty Schnyder in Dubai, it seemed clear that as crucial to a person, but the right one, that can help in the game and in training, because I found it extremely confusing choices to do during the match.

In the WTA tournament you get a chance / luck of being able to ask for help "from home" the important thing is to have the "right" person, one trusts, on the sidelines if you are not yet ready to "good administration intervals.
http://www.tennisitaliano.it/quando-...vo-tennis-3515

Old Feb 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #2547
country flag Vladiricky

Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice Vladiricky is just really nice

^ Well, I guess that's obvious to everyone but to Ana and her team.
Vladiricky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM   #2548
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Feature: lengthy matches

Following the epic four hour, 44-minute duel between Francesca Schiavone and Svetlana Kuznetsova in the fourth round of the Australian Open last month - the longest women's match in Grand Slam history - Ana was asked for her thoughts about lengthy matches. Which long three setters in her own career stand out, and how does she cope mentally during a tense battle?

"The Australian Open was full of thrilling matches on the women’s side, none more so than the Francesca Schiavone-Svetlana Kuznetsova epic, which lasted almost five hours. It was definitely one of those matches where there wasn’t a loser, and it was a great advertisement for women’s tennis, demonstrating how tough our matches can be.

"My own match against Ekaterina Makarova was also very long, and interestingly enough two of my longest matches have come against Kuznetsova and Schiavone.

"I’ve had quite a few long matches against Kuznetsova in particular, most notably at the Sony Ericsson Championships in Madrid in 2007, when I won 7-5 in the third. During a long match like that there are always going to be momentum swings. I remember I was up 6-1, 3-0 and I think I had two or three break points for 4-0, but she came back and levelled the match.

"It is very hard emotionally when you’re in that situation, but you have to put yourself in the position of thinking, 'hey, she won five games in a row, I can do the same thing.'"

"Although momentum is an important factor, the scoring system lends itself very well for comebacks because, unlike in other sports, you can’t just run down the clock, you have to push forward for victory.

"I heard a top coach say that winning the first set in a best-of-three set match means that you are only 25 per cent of the way there, but to be honest I disagree with that. Logically, you are halfway there, and in some circumstances even more: if you won a really close first set, often the second set comes much easier.

"In a long match you often look at your opponent during the change of ends, to see what her body language is like and how she is feeling physically. When it gets to something like 6-6 in the final set you are almost numb to the score – you are just playing each point as it comes. The crowd can definitely play a part too, because you are searching for energy wherever you can find it.

"To win a long match is extra special. It’s a feeling of relief almost as much as much pleasure. Actually in that moment that it ends, you’re not aware of everything that is going on. There is so much exhaustion – more mental than physical actually.

"Apparently Andy Murray lost track of the score during his match against David Ferrer in Melbourne. It may surprise some people, but it’s quite easy for this to happen and in fact it’s a positive sign: it shows that you are so into the match, and that you are focusing on your tactics instead of the scoreboard."

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...engthy-matches
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM   #2549
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Feature: lengthy matches
"I heard a top coach say that winning the first set in a best-of-three set match means that you are only 25 per cent of the way there, but to be honest I disagree with that. Logically, you are halfway there, and in some circumstances even more: if you won a really close first set, often the second set comes much easier.
http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...engthy-matches
She sure hasn't showed me that she actually believes that,
Or actually maybe she does and that's why she lets up in the 2nd after winning the 1st. She believes it will just be handed to her,
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM   #2550
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
She sure hasn't showed me that she actually believes that,
Or actually maybe she does and that's why she lets up in the 2nd after winning the 1st. She believes it will just be handed to her,
The second option...

Actually.. this feature is quite telling on how Ana has been so bad in 3 sets in the past 3 years. She actually believes once she wins the first set she is half way there, so she relaxes and expects the other players to just give in... no wonder Ana looks so surprised so often when players fight their hearts out against her in a second set, as if that wasn't supposed to happen.. she just expects them to lose easily as she says.. So many matches lost after winning the first set because of that! And that works the other way around.. since she believes the player who wins the first set is half way to victory, she barely ever is able to turn a match around after losing the first set.. the other player is just too close to winning in her mind for her to have more of a chance of winning herself.

She should play point by point and know that winning the first set means nothing.. she has to win 2 to win the match. After winning the first you have to keep focused in winning the second, because the match is still all open and absolutely anything can happen.

Honestly.. after this feature it's pretty clear why Ana has been so awful in long matches and has lost most of them in the past 3 years. She has the completely wrong mentality about it.