~Ana's articles~ - Page 166 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #2476
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dama do Bling View Post
Why did he ask if he already had an answer

Anyway, as for Ana... this is only her first tournament of the year. I think she was playing well EXCEPT for the passiveness and pushing. I thought her serve was also good (no ball toss issues, that I saw anyway).
Does't make sense.. Ana can't win matches playing like a pusher... so she was playing like crap. Also.. over 50 Ues.. WAY too many. An error machine pusher.

Her serve was complete and utter awful.. it broke down and she was under pressure all the time. Makarova didn't have any problems returning it. Ifshe had served slightly better, she could actually havewon. She did lead 3-1 in the third. The serve is not just about the ball toss, but how effectiveit was. And it was not efective at all. I'm sure the injury did play a part though.

Quote:
Plus 10-8 in the third is better than losing 0 and 0
Don't compare Kim to Makarova. Ana could have been double bageled by Kim as well.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2477
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like this presser at all.. It's too positive out of an awful match. She shouldbe more real and aware of what happened. Sure, she fought.. but she should never had let herself get in such struggle.. and after all that fight, she should never have let Makarova off the hook like that.. never put pressure on her.This presser reminds me a lot of the presser after the RG 2nd round loss last year.

Also... reading those canonball articles now it has a very different light.. she did too much talking and too little action. It makes her look ridiculous now.

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #2478
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Does't make sense.. Ana can't win matches playing like a pusher... so she was playing like crap. Also.. over 50 Ues.. WAY too many. An error machine pusher.

Her serve was complete and utter awful.. it broke down and she was under pressure all the time. Makarova didn't have any problems returning it. Ifshe had served slightly better, she could actually havewon. She did lead 3-1 in the third. The serve is not just about the ball toss, but how effectiveit was. And it was not efective at all. I'm sure the injury did play a part though.

Don't compare Kim to Makarova. Ana could have been double bageled by Kim as well.
Remember how she USED to seve? 5 double faults in 3 close sets is pretty amazing. Back in the day (last year) we would have had over 10.

Anyway, an effective serve is not all about service winners and aces. It's that she was not hitting the ball hard off the ground that did her in IMO.

Hmmm I don't think Ana would have lost 0-0. But you never know
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2479
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Remember how she USED to seve? 5 double faults in 3 close sets is pretty amazing. Back in the day (last year) we would have had over 10.

Anyway, an effective serve is not all about service winners and aces. It's that she was not hitting the ball hard off the ground that did her in IMO.
I know the serve is not all about service winners and aces. But it's not only about bad tosses and DFs either. An effective serve is about setting up the points for you.. giving you those easy second balls putaways. Ana was not winning any free points off her serve and Makarova had no trouble returning it deep and with interest. So I would rather if she had 10 DFs, but when the serve was going in it was winning her easy points.

Sure, Ana's groundgame was weak as hell and we could see that by how she couldn't put pressure on Makarova's serve at all for most of the third set. And she was making tons of UEs in her own service games. But truth is, her serve wasn't setting up the points for her.. they were just puff balls and allowed Makarova to take control from the get go.

So.. Ana's serve was awful from the start of the second set until the end.. it didn't help her at all..

Quote:
Hmmm I don't think Ana would have lost 0-0. But you never know
Well.. Ana was playing a LOT better at the USO last year and she lost 1 and 2. So...

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2480
country flag gaviotabr

This article came out before the match.. depressing now. Ana should do less talking and more action.

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic: "Van Grichen is very intense during training"
by Rui Pedro Silva, Published on January 18, 2011
Serbian tennis player is enjoying the experience with the Portuguese coach and intends to return to the first places of the ranking. "i" talked to her.

Ana Ivanovic is in a very different situation from what she was in the first interview she gave to "i", in May 2009. At the time, preparing to defend the Grand Slam title at Roland Garros, she was one of the most feared players on the circuit. Still, she started showing the first signs of fall. In Paris she couldn't get beyond the fourth round, and over the months, the signs began to be stronger, so much she even decided to make a career break in October 2009.

The drop in performance was followed by the fall in the rankings finishing the season at 21. Something that had not happened (get out the first 20) since July 2005. Last year was a year of recovery, some changes of coaches and the return to titles. Won in Linz and in Bali and went up to 17th in the rankings. And this trend is that the Serbian tennis player, once ranking leader, wants to keep for the new year.

In Melbourne, has no external pressure, but inside is eager to return to the golden moments of the past, as in 2008, when she reached the final of the tournament, losing to Russian Maria Sharapova. This year, at least for now, will also have a different characteristic, which makes her more Portuguese: the coach Antonio Van Grichen, who distinguished himself by the work done with the Belarusian Viktoria Azarenka. For now, optimism reigns.

After a dark phase in his career, ended in 2010 with a presence in the top 20. What is the goal for 2011?

Get far in the four Grand Slam tournaments, that's my main goal for this year, reaching the final rounds of tournaments. I miss that feeling of competing against the best players in the major stages of major tournaments.

Nevertheless, in recent weeks the injuries have affected your performance.

Yes, it is guaranteed that this is not the ideal preparation, but I'm trying to make the best of this unfortunate situation. The timing of this injury [abdominal muscle] is bad because we were about to compete in the Hopman Cup final [participated with Novak Djokovic but gave up and place in the final to Belgium]. Now, unfortunately, I do not arrive at the Australian Open with the preparation I expected but I will try my best. I've been in situations like this in my career. For example, the U.S. Open last year was not much different. Had also just recovering from an injury and managed to get in shape and make good games [lost in the fourth round with the future winner Kim Clijsters].

See the Serbian men's team win the Davis Cup has been an inspiration? What is the possibility of getting to do the same in the Fed Cup?

It was an amazing feat and will not be difficult to realize the enormous effort that Novak [Djokovic], Ziki, Viktor and Janko had to do. Nobody knows when it will happen again. So, I'm just enjoying this very special moment that I could witness live, in my hometown [Belgrade].

Now you are coached by a Portuguese, Antonio Van Grichen. What led you to come into contact with him in the first place, and how has been the experience of training with him?

Actually, it was he who contacted me initially. Of course we knew who he was and we had to treat him with great respect because of everything he achieved in the past. Decided to invite him for an internship to train in Spain and it went well, so we agreed to a trial period, which includes the first stage of the season with tournaments in Australia. So far it's going well. He is young, has lots of energy and is very intense during the training, which is good because it takes me to channel the passion he has for tennis.
http://www.ionline.pt/conteudo/99004...tenso-o-treino

How long will Van Grichen last? Any bets?

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2481
country flag cocco80

cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute cocco80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
This article came out before the match.. depressing now. Ana should do less talking and more action.

http://www.ionline.pt/conteudo/99004...tenso-o-treino

How long will Van Grichen last? Any bets?
A couple of months maybe?

RAFAEL NADAL: Kim Clijsters, Ana Ivanovic and the Spanish players.

Herald Sun 18.1.
cocco80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #2482
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Yes,VG contacted Ana initially,but i wonder, what would have happened if he had not contacted her? Would she go to Perth coachless or would she accept Sven's friend for a coach? It looks she is going to stay with VG, too bad she didn't realized how hard it is to find a good,full-time coach while she was working with Heinz. No one can top Heinz. I know it's stupid comparison,but Heinz was a "Rolex" and you don't swap Rolex watch for a plastic one from a flea market.
I don't know how many coaches she has changed for the last 7 years? 7? 8? How come she never asked herself, what's wrong with me? Why i can't do,on the court,what my coaches asks me to do? Why Venus,Masha,Serena,Henin,Rafa,Nole -why they never have changed so many coaches? How come they decide to stick with one or two coaches til the end of career? It's not about them,it's all about her. Why her coach can't be just a coach? Why he has to be an adviser,a friend,father figure,coach and the therapist at the same time?
Haters are saying that VG is going to turn Ana into a baseline basher with a shaky,inconsistent serve and subpar defense. I'm afraid she's going to stay with him because "she has no challenges remain".
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #2483
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocco80 View Post
A couple of months maybe?
I guess it will depend on her results in IW and Miami. If goes february and march losing in first and second rounds, I don't see her keeping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Yes,VG contacted Ana initially,but i wonder, what would have happened if he had not contacted her? Would she go to Perth coachless or would she accept Sven's friend for a coach? It looks she is going to stay with VG, too bad she didn't realized how hard it is to find a good,full-time coach while she was working with Heinz. No one can top Heinz. I know it's stupid comparison,but Heinz was a "Rolex" and you don't swap Rolex watch for a plastic one from a flea market.
I don't know how many coaches she has changed for the last 7 years? 7? 8? How come she never asked herself, what's wrong with me? Why i can't do,on the court,what my coaches asks me to do? Why Venus,Masha,Serena,Henin,Rafa,Nole -why they never have changed so many coaches? How come they decide to stick with one or two coaches til the end of career? It's not about them,it's all about her. Why her coach can't be just a coach? Why he has to be an adviser,a friend,father figure,coach and the therapist at the same time?
Haters are saying that VG is going to turn Ana into a baseline basher with a shaky,inconsistent serve and subpar defense. I'm afraid she's going to stay with him because "she has no challenges remain".
I haven't liked what I've seen from Van Grichen so far.. I think he might be a new Kardon, getting the wrong coach at that moment cost Ana a LOT.

But yeah.. she shoud ask what's wrong with her. She says she found confidence within.. but I still see her looking for it outside. If things are not the way she wants them, she just crumbles. I can't take out of my mind how this whole month of january is terribly alike Ana's worst slumping period.

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #2484
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

You've said,Izzy," if things are not the way she wants them,she just crumbles", and i would love to add - she just calls Sven. I know i sound like a broken record, but Ana called him when she was working with Kardon,then she went back to him and APDP. He and Cahill were in IW to watch Ana's first practice session with Heinz. Sven called her when she won Linz title,during the off season, and again, in Perth, after her abdominal injury. I know they are friends and he wants to know how she is, but something is wrong there. And that may have something to do with Ana's coaching situation.I want her to give VG a chance . Just...i don't see how she is going to build a good relationship with VG if she is going to talk to Sven everytime she loses match or has some problem.
I hate when Ana says: "He got me to the top" and every Adidas player is repeating the same: "Yes,Sven got her a GS". They all believe in that and it shows how little Ana respect herself. Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful to Sven, yes,he was her coach when she was No 1,yes,he HELPED her to get to the top 10, but SHE was playing and winning matches,not Sven. Without him she couldn't have done that? If she believes so, than she will never get back to the top.She will never give a real chance to other coach. Sven said last year(or 2 years ago):"She's not independent at all, and she is so fragile that she need someone to constantly lead her..." So, if she fires VG i guess Sven is going to introduce her to another friend who can't find a job. That's how Sven treats her and he will wait for VG to make a mistake.
And that Adidas tennis clinic in Melbourne...when i saw him,Cahill and Reyes with her...i didn't like it.Ana was lovely as always,kids love her and she had to be there,but i couldn't stop thinking -APDP is going to use her. Adidas lost Safina,Lisicki and Oudin,Hantuchova looks like an anorexic model,CW is fat and slow, and Ana is fitest Adidas player right now.And they used her for their own purposes...again.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #2485
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
You've said,Izzy," if things are not the way she wants them,she just crumbles", and i would love to add - she just calls Sven. I know i sound like a broken record, but Ana called him when she was working with Kardon,then she went back to him and APDP. He and Cahill were in IW to watch Ana's first practice session with Heinz. Sven called her when she won Linz title,during the off season, and again, in Perth, after her abdominal injury. I know they are friends and he wants to know how she is, but something is wrong there. And that may have something to do with Ana's coaching situation.I want her to give VG a chance . Just...i don't see how she is going to build a good relationship with VG if she is going to talk to Sven everytime she loses match or has some problem.
I hate when Ana says: "He got me to the top" and every Adidas player is repeating the same: "Yes,Sven got her a GS". They all believe in that and it shows how little Ana respect herself. Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful to Sven, yes,he was her coach when she was No 1,yes,he HELPED her to get to the top 10, but SHE was playing and winning matches,not Sven. Without him she couldn't have done that? If she believes so, than she will never get back to the top.She will never give a real chance to other coach. Sven said last year(or 2 years ago):"She's not independent at all, and she is so fragile that she need someone to constantly lead her..." So, if she fires VG i guess Sven is going to introduce her to another friend who can't find a job. That's how Sven treats her and he will wait for VG to make a mistake.
And that Adidas tennis clinic in Melbourne...when i saw him,Cahill and Reyes with her...i didn't like it.Ana was lovely as always,kids love her and she had to be there,but i couldn't stop thinking -APDP is going to use her. Adidas lost Safina,Lisicki and Oudin,Hantuchova looks like an anorexic model,CW is fat and slow, and Ana is fitest Adidas player right now.And they used her for their own purposes...again.
I don't like to see Sven next to Ana either.. she gives him too much credit for her achievements, but truth is, he is also one of the biggest reasons for her downfall.

The thing with Ana is that I think she knows what is bringing her down but keeps doing it anyway. She keeps taking confidence from externalities.. not from within. That's why when she thinks she is not prepared enough, she flunks at the first adversity. That's why when she misses chances in a match, she is bound to lose focus and her serve right after. That's why she looks at her box at every point.. she knows she has to take confidence from within, but she doesn't do it. She is still looking elsewhere and it's a mistake.

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #2486
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps "confidence from within" is this year's "happiness/fun on court", something that ana knows she needs and says she already has yet she doesn't really have (yet)?

i don't know, i just want ana to improve. and when i say improve i am not thinking about the best period of her career, but about the darkest one. let's see how far she can get. for me she only needs to improve her year end ranking as compared to the last year. a good run in slams is always desireable and a couple of titles as well, no matter how big they are, but we should not get ahead of ourselves every time she shows glimpses of her old form. it would be great to see her back to her old self and i think she has to do it this season or it might be too late, but it's still an ongoing process.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #2487
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
perhaps "confidence from within" is this year's "happiness/fun on court", something that ana knows she needs and says she already has yet she doesn't really have (yet)?

i don't know, i just want ana to improve. and when i say improve i am not thinking about the best period of her career, but about the darkest one. let's see how far she can get. for me she only needs to improve her year end ranking as compared to the last year. a good run in slams is always desireable and a couple of titles as well, no matter how big they are, but we should not get ahead of ourselves every time she shows glimpses of her old form. it would be great to see her back to her old self and i think she has to do it this season or it might be too late, but it's still an ongoing process.
I totally agree with the bold part.

Right now I'm not even looking for titles.. she has shown she is still capable of winning one here or there. I'm looking at her performances in slams and big tournaments. She hasn't been able to really post a big result in a slam in forever.. it seems she just can't stand up for that. And for someone who says wants to get back to the top 10, posting decent slam performances is a must. Is she still capable? I'm not sure.

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM   #2488
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Stars plan an early start

* Published: 21/01/2011 at 12:00 AM
* Newspaper section: Sports

World No.2 Vera Zvonareva of Russia, Serbia's Ana Ivanovic and Russian Maria Kirilenko plan early arrivals to prepare for next month's PTT Pattaya Open, organisers said yesterday.

The trio have skipped the Fed Cup and will arrive in Pattaya days before the tournament begins on Feb 7 at the Dusit Thani Hotel.

Zvonareva is chasing the Australian Open title, while Ivanovic and Kirilenko suffered early exits in Melbourne.

Zvonareva, who will be looking for her third straight win in Pattaya, is scheduled to arrive in the seaside resort town on Feb 1.

Ivanovic has been hit by a stomach injury and will arrive in Pattaya on Jan 31 to work on her fitness, while Kirilenko will check in at the Dusit Thani Hotel on Feb 2.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spor...an-early-start

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #2489
country flag VALUNA

VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice

Ana se ne javlja, definitivno odustala od Fed kupa?
24. JANUAR 2011. | 10:57 | IZVOR: SPORTSKE.NET, SPORT

Selektor Vraneš otkrio da ne može da stupi u kontakt sa našom teniserkom i da ima informaciju da ona neće igrati u Fed kupu.
Ana je bila neodlučna, a izgleda da joj je povreda i dogovor sa trenerom pomogla da prelomi i da ne zaigra za Srbiju protiv Kanade.

Ona je nakon poraza u Melburnu rekla da mora u potpunosti da se oporavi. Još uvek je u Australiji, gledala je Novaka Đokovića protiv Almagra.

"Nisam uspeo da stupim u kontakt sa njom, imam nezvaničnu informaciju da neće igrati. Sigurna je Bojana Jovanovski, nadam se i Jeleni, očekujem da potvrdi svoje učešće", rekao je selektor.

Srbija u svetskoj "B" grupi igra protiv Kanade, od 3. do 5 februara.

Ana does not answer, definitively abandoned the Fed Cup?
.................................................. ......
VALUNA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #2490
country flag VALUNA

VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice VALUNA is just really nice

[quote=VALUNA;19052284]Ana se ne javlja, definitivno odustala od Fed kupa?
24. JANUAR 2011. | 10:57 | IZVOR: SPORTSKE.NET, SPORT

Selektor Vraneš otkrio da ne može da stupi u kontakt sa našom teniserkom i da ima informaciju da ona neće igrati u Fed kupu.
Ana je bila neodlučna, a izgleda da joj je povreda i dogovor sa trenerom pomogla da prelomi i da ne zaigra za Srbiju protiv Kanade.

Ona je nakon poraza u Melburnu rekla da mora u potpunosti da se oporavi. Još uvek je u Australiji, gledala je Novaka Đokovića protiv Almagra.

"Nisam uspeo da stupim u kontakt sa njom, imam nezvaničnu informaciju da neće igrati. Sigurna je Bojana Jovanovski, nadam se i Jeleni, očekujem da potvrdi svoje učešće", rekao je selektor.

Srbija u svetskoj "B" grupi igra protiv Kanade, od 3. do 5 februara.

Ana does not answer, definitively abandoned the Fed Cup?
.................................................. ......
VALUNA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote