~Ana's articles~ - Page 165 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #2461
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

From Sportski Zurnal:

Anything of notice?

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #2462
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

From The Saily Telegraph:

Quote:
Split led to Ana's free-fall

* Jessica Halloran
* January 16, 2011 12:00AM

Ana Ivanovic takes part in a bombing competition at Melbourne's Hilton on the Park. Picture: Stephen Harman. Source: The Sunday Telegraph

ON the eve of the Australian Open, glamorous tennis star Ana Ivanovic has revealed her split from her long-time love, Australian golfer Adam Scott, affected her game.

The talented Serbian player told The Sunday Telegraph her on-court performance suffered after the break-up in the middle of last year.

During the slump her ranking fell outside the world top 50 and she lost in the opening round of Wimbledon.

"It's tough," the 2008 French Open champion said. "I think it's better not to mix professional life and personal life, although that's hard.

"If you're happy in your private life that will affect your tennis and that will help you, actually.

"While you want to pursue your career 100 per cent, I think it is very hard to give 100 per cent in something else."

During her "low times" she would watch the movie The Hangover to lift her mood.

The 22-year-old, who has dropped 5kg and found form - her ranking is up to 17 - is now thankful for the dark time and she is optimistic about her Australian Open chances.

"I believe it is possible to win it," said Ivanovic, a finalist in 2008.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spl...-1225988405801

The title and how they spin things around is so dumb.. I mean.. Ana has clearly made huge progress, got better, seem happier since they split. The split actually did her good. Ana's free fall actually started when they got together. As Ana herself reveals, if she wants to focus 100% in tennis, it's tough to do so as well in another thing.

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #2463
country flag gaviotabr

This is the article they took the above quotes from.. this one is a lot better written:

Quote:
New Ana just wants to have fun

* Jessica Halloran
* January 16, 2011 12:00AM

Bombs away ... Ana Ivanovic takes part in a bombing competition for a New Zealand TV show at the Hilton on the Park swimming pool in Melbourne. Picture: Stephen Harman Source: The Sunday Telegraph

ANA Ivanovic is running along the pool deck in her bikini. She throws herself into the air, squeezes her gorgeous limbs into a tight ball and performs a massive bomb.

The splash hits nearby patrons of the Hilton hotel and they don't mind at all. "How was that?" Ivanovic shouts.

Kids stop playing their game of Marco Polo and cheer her work.

The 23-year-old is hamming it up for a New Zealand television crew shooting a segment for a sports show. She performs five bombs, trying to outdo a rotund TV presenter doing the same silly dives.

She performs every bomb with gusto. She's throwing her head back laughing, clearly enjoying herself.

This is what life is about for Ana Ivanovic these days.

About six months ago things threatened to fall apart, on and off the court, and it changed the way she viewed life and tennis.

In the middle of last year she split from long-time boyfriend Adam Scott.

On the court she was also struggling.

She was bundled out in the opening round of Wimbledon, slipped out of the top 50 and invitations to tournaments stopped coming.

The 2008 French Open champion notes it's not easy when both your personal and professional lives go awry.

"It's tough," she says. "I think it's better not to mix professional life and personal life - although it is hard. If you are happy in your private life, that will affect your tennis and that will help you, actually. During this time I found that it's important to listen to yourself and be happy.

"I mean everyone wants to be happy - people find happiness in different ways. While you want to pursue your career 100 per cent, I think it is very hard to give 100 per cent in something else. It's important to find this balance and priorities change throughout life."

On another dark day, manager Gavin Versi was telling Ivanovic about her tournament schedule and noted that she was waiting on wildcard invitations for events. "Geez, how low have I gone with my ranking?" Ivanovic asked him.

"You doubt lots of things, you doubt whether you are good enough," she added.

To drag herself out of her moods, Ivanovic would watch The Hangover. The movie would always lift her spirits.

She also drew support from fellow players Kim Clijsters and Novak Djokovic.

She often noted to her manager that "you find out who your true friends are" in the tough times.

Ivanovic is famous for her positivity as a person and even at her darkest times, she was fun to be around.

"She was still a joy to be around in her darkest moments," Versi said. "It is testament to what a positive person she is. She would occasionally resort to gallows humour. She'd make fun of how bad she was playing."

The days became brighter during the American summer. Her form started to click into place at a tournament in Cincinnati last August.

A victory over top 10-ranked player Victoria Azarenka fuelled her confidence.

During this time she had an epiphany.

She realised that she had the power within herself to improve her life. In recent years, she spent time reading philosophers such as Sigmund Freud looking for some answers.

"I always tried to look for my confidence elsewhere," Ivanovic said. "I'd try to find people who would help me get my confidence back. I didn't realise the confidence and trust is always within you and you just have to rediscover it.

"I was always looking for it elsewhere, but all the time it was within me. It was just clouded with negative energy and doubt and fear. To rediscover it really feels good. And you know it actually makes me feel stronger now. I know how to find it."

It takes time and patience to find this kind of inner will. Ivanovic attends to this way of thinking every day now.

"It's hard work," she said. "It still is. You have challenges every day. Not every day do you wake up great. But I just tried to relax a little more. I tried to enjoy little things more than I have done in the past."

At the end of the season she won titles in Linz and Bali. She resurrected her ranking and finished the season at No .17 in the world. The greatest thing she learned after the past six months was to have patience with herself.

"I learnt a lot of things," Ivanovic said. "I learnt patience. In my career, up until the moment I won a grand slam, everything was always going uphill, everything was always opening up to me and all of the sudden you have certain setbacks.

"Then you want desperately to get back on track, then it doesn't work and you panic more. You learn you have to accept the way things are and the sooner you accept them, the sooner you become at peace with them and then the things start to get better.

"I really tried to start to have more patience on myself on the court as well with my goals.

"Now with my confidence back, I want to straight away be having results.

"I want to win the Australian Open, but I have to accept it is a process still. Everything is. I think 'acceptance' was a big word for me.

"It's not only for my career, but my everyday life. It's hard. No one says it is easy. "I think once you take on a problem you can realise that you are stronger than what you ever imagined."

In recent months, the Serbian has lost 5kg. She looks incredibly fit and trim. She says she's added long-distance running and more intensity to her tennis workouts.

She has a new coach in Antonio van Grichen.

"I am excited to have him as part of my team," she said. "He is young, but he has been on the tour for a while. This is still a trial period but we work well together."

Last Friday, she was walking through the corridors under Rod Laver Arena and spied the life-sized mounted photographs of past Australian Open winners.

She turned to her doctor and said: "I want to have my picture on the wall." Her doctor pointed out she already was there. "Look, there you are," he said, pointing at the photograph. In the background of the 2008 photo of that year's Australian Open champion, Maria Sharapova, Ivanovic is a fuzzy, blue figure holding the runner-up plate.

Ivanovic turned to him and said with a laugh; "Yeah, but I want to be in focus."

Can she win the Australian Open this year? "I think it is possible," Ivanovic said. "I believe it is possible to win it. It's something I want to work hard towards.

"It's not going to be easy, but I like challenges. At the moment I am a lot happier than what I've been in a long time. Just with everything. I'm more at ease. That's the first step to something bigger."

Ivanovic is a chameleon. One minute she's posing for Sports Illustrated in a bikini, the next she's larking around in the pool like a teenager.

When she was originally interviewed for the New Zealand show The Crowd Goes Wild, it was Ivanovic who approached the presenter about doing something "fun" and different.

"I don't know how he came up with this idea," she said. "I think it is really interesting. Something like this has not been done before.

"In tournaments it's hard to get a chance to do something fun. So you might as well use it.

"That's something I learned and changed. In the past I wasn't really open to new experiences."

When she is in Australia, she likes to go surfing. At other times she loves to get a cappuccino and sit in parks just people-watching.

Today, she sits poolside, the sun is starting to slip below the horizon and Ivanovic is clearly content.

She's practising "patience" daily and more than ever before, ready to have fun. "I have learnt a lot about myself and I think that is very important, but I am still a work in progress."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225988509237

I like this: "At the moment I am a lot happier than what I've been in a long time. Just with everything."

Last edited by gaviotabr : Jan 15th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #2464
country flag gaviotabr

Slightly different article:

Quote:
Tennis ace Ana's a bikini bombshell

* Jessica Halloran
* January 16, 2011 12:01AM

TENNIS champ Ana Ivanovic has stripped off for the cameras to show off her dive bombing skills in the pool.

ANA Ivanovic is running along the pool deck in her bikini.

She then throws herself into the air, squeezes her gorgeous limbs into a tight ball and performs a massive "bomb". The splash splutters onto nearby Hilton hotel patrons who don't mind at all.

"How was that?" Ivanovic immediately shouts out.

Kids stop playing their game of Marco Polo and cheer her work. It was pretty impressive water bomb all poolside seem to agree.

The 23 year old is hamming it up for a New Zealand television crew in town shooting a segment for a sports show. She performs five bombs in total trying to outdo a rotund TV presenter doing the same silly dives.

She performs every bomb with gusto. Her heart is absolutely in it. She's throwing her head back laughing in the hot sunshine. She's clearly enjoying herself.

Which is what it's about for Ana Ivanovic these days.

It's what she was determined to do even more after her dark days last year; enjoy herself.

It was about six months ago it all kind of all fell apart. On and off court. In the middle of last year she split from her long term boyfriend, professional golfer Adam Scott.

On the court she was also struggling. She was bundled out in the opening round of Wimbledon, she slipped out of the top 50 and then the invitations to tournaments stopped coming.

The 2008 French Open champion notes it's not easy when both your personal life and professional goes awry. And the two, for her, went downhill hand-in-hand.

"It's tough," she says.

"I think it's better not to mix professional life and personal life - although it is hard. If you are happy in your private life and that will affect your tennis and that will help you actually. During this time I found that's important to listen to yourself and be happy.

"I mean everyone wants to be happy - people find happiness in different ways. While you want to pursue your career 100 per cent - I think it is very hard to give 100 per cent in something else. It's important to find this balance and priorities change throughout life..."

During this time the invitations to tournaments stopped coming in the mail. She had to rely on wildcards. Ivanovic doesn't often focus on her ranking, even when she's No.1 in the world, but when she was ignored by the Montreal organisers - a tournament she won in the past - it started to sting.

On another dark day her manager Gavin Versi was informing about her tournament schedule and noted that she was waiting on a wildcards for events.

"Geez, how low have I gone with my ranking," Ivanovic remarked to him at the time. "This is a sign of the times."

Today, Ivanovic remembers feeling worried. She felt fear. "You doubt lots of things, you doubt whether you are good enough," Ivanovic said.

Nevertheless she was resilient. To get herself out of a mood Ivanovic would watch `The Hangover'. The movie would always lift her out of a low.

Those who supported her when she was battling included Kim Clijsters and Novak Djokovic. She often noted to her manager and good friend Gavin Versi that "you find out who your true friends are" in the tough times.

Ivanovic is famous for a positive person and even at her darkest times was fun to be around say her friends.

"She was still a joy to be around in her darkest moments," she said. "It is testament to what a positive person. She would occasional resort to gallows humour. She'd make fun of how bad she was playing."

The days became brighter in the American summer. Her form started to click into place at a tournament in Cincinnati last August. A victory over top-ten ranked player Victoria Azarenka fed her confidence.

During this time she had an epiphany. She realised that she had the power within herself to improve her life. In recent years she spent much time reading different philosophers like Freud so on looking for answers.

"I always tried to look for my confidence elsewhere," Ivanovic said. "I'd try and find people who would help me get my confidence back. I didn't realise the confidence and trust is always within you and you just have to rediscover it. I was always looking for it elsewhere but all the time it was within me.

"It was just clouded with negative energy and doubt and fear - to rediscover it - it really feels good. And you know it actually makes me feel stronger now I know how to find it."

It takes time and patience to find this kind of inner-will. Ivanovic attends to this way of thinking every day now.

"It's hard work," Ivanovic said. "It still is. You have challenges every day. Not every day do you wake up great. But I just tried to relax a little more. I tried to enjoy little things more than I have done in the past."

At the end of the season she won titles in Linz and Bali. She resurrected her ranking and finished the season ranked No.17.

Greatest thing she learnt after the past six month was to have patience within. Ivanovic says up until her French Open win in 2008 she had not experienced many obstacles in her career.

Today she is stronger and patient for it.

"I learnt a lot of things," Ivanovic said. "I learnt patience. In my career, up until the moment I won a grand slam, everything was always going uphill, everything was always opening up to me and all of the sudden you have certain setbacks.

"Then you want desperately to get back on track - then it doesn't work and you panic more. You learn you have to accept the way things are and the sooner you accept them - the sooner you become at peace with them and then the things start to get better.

"I really tried to start to have more patience on myself on the court as well with my goals. Now with my confidence back, I want to straight away be having results, I want to win the Australian Open - but I have to accept it is a process still. Everything is. I think `acceptance' was a big word for me."

"It's not only for my career but my everyday life. It's hard. No one says it is easy. I think once you take on a problem you can realise that you are stronger than what you ever imagined."

In recent months the Serbian has lost five kilos. She looks incredibly fit and trim. She says she's added long distance running and more intensity to her tennis workouts.

She has a new coach in Antonio van Grichen.

"I am excited to have him as a part of my team," she said. "He is young but he has been on the tour for a while. This is still a trial period but we work well together."

Last Friday she was walking through the corridors under Rod Laver Arena and spied the life-sized, mounted photographs of past Australian Open winners.

She turned to her doctor who was walking with her and said; "I want to have my picture on the wall."

Her doctor pointed out she already was there. "Look, there you are," he said, pointing at the photograph. In the background of the 2008 photo of that year's Australian Open champion Maria Sharapova, Ivanovic is a fuzzy, blue figure holding the runner-ups plate.

Ivanovic turned to him and said with a laugh; "Yeah, but I want to be in focus."

Can she win the Australian Open?

"I think it is possible," Ivanovic said. "I believe it is possible to win it.

"It's something I want to work hard towards. It's not going to be easy but I like challenges. At the moment I am a lot happier than what I've been in a long time. Just with everything. I'm more at ease. That's the first step to something bigger."

Ivanovic is a chameleon. One minute she's posing in Sports Illustrated in a bikini the next she's larking around in the pool like a teenager.

When she was originally interviewed for the Kiwi show `The Crowd Goes Wild' it was Ivanovic that approached the presenter about doing something "fun" and different for their TV show.

"I don't know how he came up with this idea," she said. "I think it is really interesting. Something like this has not been done before."

"In tournaments it's hard to get a chance to do something fun. So you might as well use it. That something I learned and changed. That's something I changed. In the past I wasn't really open to new experiences."

When she is in Australia she likes to go surfing. Often she loves to get a cappuccino and sit in parks just people watching.

Today, she sits poolside, the sun is now starting to slip to the horizon. Ivanovic is clearly content.

She's practicing "patience" daily and more than ever before, ready to have fun.

"I have learnt a lot about myself and I think that is very important - but I am still a work in progress. I still have challenges at the moment. I want to get back in the top ten. That's my priority now and I am going to enjoy it."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entert...-1225988384115

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2465
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
From Sportski Zurnal:

Anything of notice?
No nothing,how she worked hard in off season,something about new coach ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I like this: "At the moment I am a lot happier than what I've been in a long time. Just with everything."

Me too and you can see that just by looking at her
I hope she stays like that
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #2466
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
No nothing,how she worked hard in off season,something about new coach ...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
Me too and you can see that just by looking at her
I hope she stays like that
Me too! And agreed.. she looks really happy! Such a change from the last couple of years!

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2467
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice that she's so happy...I hope that translates into results. It was getting tough seeing her look down all the time.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2468
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

I love this part!

Last Friday, she was walking through the corridors under Rod Laver Arena and spied the life-sized mounted photographs of past Australian Open winners.

She turned to her doctor and said: "I want to have my picture on the wall." Her doctor pointed out she already was there. "Look, there you are," he said, pointing at the photograph. In the background of the 2008 photo of that year's Australian Open champion, Maria Sharapova, Ivanovic is a fuzzy, blue figure holding the runner-up plate.

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #2469
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

^ I love it too!
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #2470
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

^ Ditto, that's sig-worthy right there. Too big though
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #2471
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Interview
'I am back in grand slam contention now,' says fit-again Ana Ivanovic

The world No1 ranking and a first grand slam title came too early for the Serbian, but she has learned her lessons

* Simon Cambers in Melbourne
* guardian.co.uk, Saturday 15 January 2011 21.00 GMT

Ana Ivanovic can remember the day things started to go wrong. Playing in her first grand-slam final at the age of 19, the young Serb had just broken the serve of Justine Henin, the defending champion, in the opening game of the French Open final. Serving in the next game, everything seemed fine – but, suddenly, her service action fell apart. With her ball toss all over the place and her nerves shattered, she won only two more games.

As the Belgian celebrated her third straight French Open title, Ivanovic wondered what had happened. "You can probably go back on YouTube and find it," Ivanovic says, the pain of the memory sharp even three-and-a-half years on. "Up until that point, my serve was my biggest weapon but then I could not serve any more the whole match and I got so stressed about it."

Ivanovic can smile about it now, partly because she still managed to win her first grand slam title in Paris the following year but also because, as she prepares for the start of the Australian Open, she is on her way back towards the top.

Ivanovic is intelligent, speaks several languages and, despite being one of the most searched-for sports stars on the internet, is grounded enough to have popped over to London before Christmas to help her younger brother learn English and settle into his flat. "I went shopping and did some cleaning," she says. Her victory in Paris in 2008 took Ivanovic to the top of the world rankings and perhaps that is where the problems really began. She knew that the only way was down and slowly began to self-destruct. A string of coaches were hired and fired, a few niggling injuries cost her any momentum she had and she started to doubt herself. Worse still, her serve became a liability and her confidence dissipated.

The lone bright spot was her partnership with a new coach, Heinz Gunthardt, who had helped Steffi Graf dominate the women's game in the 1980s and 1990s. Though her world ranking fell as low as 64 after a first-round loss at Wimbledon, there were improvements behind the scenes and in August, everything changed when she reached the semi-finals of an event in Cincinnati.

"Once we started the summer in the States I just felt a lot different," she says. "I felt more confident, I started with my new fitness coach, I got a lot fitter and that was when the change started to happen. My win over [Victoria] Azarenka in the first round in Cincinnati was the breakthrough match."

Though her partnership with Gunthardt ended because the Swiss did not want to travel full-time, Ivanovic ended a 19-month title drought when she won in Linz last October and went on to win the Tournament of Champions in Bali, a victory that lifted her back into the top 20. At a winter training camp in Majorca she lost five or six kilos and, though a stomach strain during the Hopman Cup in Perth last week cost her a few days of practice, she seems re-energised and full of confidence.

"I can see a lot of positive things happening in my game and I really believe that I can actually win a grand slam this year," she says. "That would be my biggest goal and obviously then to get back into the top 10. It's going to be a lot of hard work and it might not happen in a week or a month, but it might. I'm very excited.

"Things are starting to come together, some things that I have worked on in the past few weeks are going well and I'm in really good shape compared to previous years."

If she were to win another grand slam title, would it be that much sweeter for all she has had to endure over the past couple of years? "I think I would be more emotional," Ivanovic says, laughing as she describes herself as a "black horse" to win the title in Melbourne.

"I now realise more what it takes because when I won my first grand slam everything was falling into place as it should, so then you take certain things for granted. It was still very memorable and emotional but the next one will have a little bit more heaviness to it. I'm really looking forward to that moment."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...1-ana-ivanovic

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #2472
country flag gaviotabr

This is the scan from the canonball competition articles:

The slideshow of pictures depicting Ana's canonball abilities is gold!

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #2473
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic's signed shoes on eBay for Flood Relief Fund
Yahoo!7 January 16, 2011, 9:25 pm

Former Tennis World #1 and glamour girl of the Australian Open Ana Ivanovic has donated a pair of Adidas Shoes with her autograph to raise funds for the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal.

The pair will make a great collectible for any tennis fan or simply a fan of Ana.

The auction will open at 10am Sydney time and all proceeds will go to helping Queenslanders get back on their feet after the devastating flood disaster.

You can see more details on the item in the eBay listing itself.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...d-relief-fund/

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #2474
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. It looked like you had some problems with easy points, not with the hard ones.

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I thought it was tough match. I mean, she played extremely well. She didn't give me much.

You know, I really try my best out there today. You know, a few points here and there decided. And I created enough of chances for myself in that second set in particular, but couldn't convert them.

But, yeah, you know, it was just a little bit of footwork lacking towards the end of that third and that was pretty much what decide it.

But I think she played really good match today.

Q. Were you disappointed with any part of your game?

ANA IVANOVIC: Uhm, well, I was really fighting hard. It was tough at moments. I think in the second set at one point I was a little bit too passive. But, you know, what really I think got to me in the end was fitness, you know, just not being able to stay with her in a longer rallies. That was really disappointing.

Q. Why is there a lack of fitness? Lack of match practice more than fitness?

ANA IVANOVIC: No, I mean, I was really unlucky. For the last 10 days I couldn't push hard in practice because of my abdominal strain. I had really Sunday and Monday that I could push a little bit more and the first couple days that I could actually serve. I think that at the end got to me. It's a 10 day strike before the slam.

Q. You're saying your legs weren't there at the end?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, because, you know, energy wise I felt good, but it was just that few little extra steps that were lacking. It makes a big difference because it makes a difference whether you can put something on a ball or not.

And, you know, she stayed tough and she was hitting the ball really fast. I mean, I tried to step up still, but there were a few errors that creeped in. But still, uhm, yeah, I thought it was tough match.

Q. Do you feel you can push your way back up to the top of the rankings?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. I'm certain about it. This match, this loss is tough. But I had a lot of positive things come out of this match. I really stay positive throughout the whole match. I gave my best. That's all I can ask for.

You know, today she was better. All credit to her. But, uhm, I still have lot of room to improve and lot of things to build on. And I certainly still believe I can get back to top 10, and I believe I can do it in this year.

Q. That last point of the second set, the easy smash into the net, it cost you the set. How do you get that out of your mind?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, it was not that shot that cost me the set. It was the whole game that I played lousy. My serve didn't really have much on it in that game and I made few easy errors. I was not really thinking much about that smash. I mean, that smash was lack of footwork. It was not that point that cost me the set.

Q. Do you feel kind of mental pressure going back to the top 10?

ANA IVANOVIC: No, actually not. I mean, I think that's why this match today was really good because I really was not nervous and I managed to control it and managed to overcome that, you know, just play for each point and not, yeah, feel negative energy. And that's why I think I can learn a lot and take a lot of positives.

Q. But did you feel mental pressure when you were No. 1 in the world?

ANA IVANOVIC: You do feel pressure. But, you know, now actually this moment I want pressure because pressure actually makes you perform better I think. And also if you know how to deal with it, it can work for you instead of against you.

Also, when you have pressure, it means you're in a position to do something good. Actually in this moment, I didn't think I would be saying, but I do want pressure.

Q. Is your stomach okay now and are you going to be able to do the hard work?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I'm going to definitely still do the recovery work that I've been doing. You know, I have lots of tournaments coming up, lots of things to look forward to.

But, like I said, I really feel my game is coming together and, you know, lots of positives came out of this match today.

Q. When you came off court, were you thinking, Bad luck, I was in good form, started the year well, got the injury. Had it not happened, maybe I'd be walking out of Australia next week rather than today?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely, and that's what's hard.

Q. You played some wonderful defense. You stood off six match points. How do you feel about that?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, maybe I should have played that kind of tennis when I had chance to go up and not when you are back against the wall.

Like I said, I really tried to hang in there and fight and try to look for opportunities. I didn't have too many of them, but I did have some even in that third set. Just disappointed I couldn't convert them.

Q. She looks better than her ranking, too. Assess her game a little bit.

ANA IVANOVIC: She played a lot better than she did in New York. She was very aggressive today. You know, throughout the match I felt like she was getting in a rhythm more and more and she was hardly making any errors. Her serve was at a really high percentage today.

She's definitely a tough, tough player. I mean, last year when she won Eastbourne, she beat a lot of good girls within the week, so she's definitely a dangerous player.

If she loses next round, I'll be really upset (laughter).

Q. She made you chase a lot of balls. She got a lot of balls back in return. Were there times when you thought you had a winner and you had to hit an extra shot?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. Also sometimes was very low. I was really surprised that she could get to that ball and still put a lot of margin on it, a lot of power and bite on the ball. That was hard. Made me work for my points much harder.

Q. If you had to pick two players who could win the tournament, who would they be?

ANA IVANOVIC: Probably Kim and Venus.

Q. Venus? <--------- Seriously?

ANA IVANOVIC: I haven't actually seen her play. But she's always a contender. (Damn right! ) And Sam has been playing some good tennis lately.

Q. Not Justine?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she's up there in the mix. But I think it's just, you know, players who can step up and be more aggressive when it matters.

Q. What do you think of Caroline Wozniacki?

ANA IVANOVIC: I think she's a great young player. Yeah, I mean, she can, you know, challenge any girl out there. Like I said, it really depends who can handle it the best and who can step up when it's the most important.

Q. Especially in the third set you had a lot of crowd support behind you. How do you feed off that energy in the stadium?

ANA IVANOVIC: That's very helpful. I mean, it was great to see lots of Serbians as well and lots of support, which is always nice. It really got me fired up and fighting in that third set. So I'm really thankful for that.

Q. You served second in the last set. Time after time you had to hold your serve to stay in the match. Is it fair to say 12 months ago the set wouldn't have lasted that long? Do you have more confidence this time this year compared to last year?

ANA IVANOVIC: It was hard, because towards the end of that third set I was lots of time facing 30 Love and 40 Love on my own serve. That's a little bit disappointing. I maybe shouldn't have played first few points of a game that loose.

Then again, I'm managing to save these, you know, breakpoints and match points, it does give you confidence. And then, you know, you're a little bit more relaxed after a tough game. It's hard to step it up again and threaten her service game. So I think that was the big issue.

Q. Are you definitely playing Fed Cup this year or one tie at a time?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I'm really not sure now about the upcoming one. I still didn't decide.

Q. Because of the abdominal?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, because of that and also schedule. I have to talk also to my coach and see what's the best, yeah, schedule and preparation I can have.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #2475
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. If you had to pick two players who could win the tournament, who would they be?

ANA IVANOVIC: Probably Kim and Venus.

Q. Venus? <--------- Seriously?

ANA IVANOVIC: I haven't actually seen her play. But she's always a contender. (Damn right! ) And Sam has been playing some good tennis lately.

Q. Not Justine?
Why did he ask if he already had an answer

Anyway, as for Ana... this is only her first tournament of the year. I think she was playing well EXCEPT for the passiveness and pushing. I thought her serve was also good (no ball toss issues, that I saw anyway).

Plus 10-8 in the third is better than losing 0 and 0
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote