~Ana's articles~ - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #2401
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgurl View Post
well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..

Agree! But I always liked Verdasco...
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2402
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

A few Sportski Zurnal scans.. I guess they are all recopilations of known news, right?

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #2403
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Ana and Nole's presser yesterday:

Quote:
Media Conference
Transcript - Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
4/01/2011

Ana Ivanovic & Novak Djokovic

Novak Ė was that the kind of test that you want at the beginning of the season?

(Djokovic) My singles match was great. Itís one of the best matches Iíve played lately and I rose up to the occasion. Definitely Lleyton in Australia is a really difficult opponent. Hard courts are the surface he prefers more, so I was aware of the challenge. I played really, really well. I just raised the level of games since two days ago, so Iím just happy to start this way - another 3-0 which puts us in a very good position.

Yesterday Andy Murray said he was struggling to breathe in here. How are you with these conditions?

(Djokovic) Well I would not disagree with him, definitely. We both arrived very late. I arrived just before the New Years Eve here Ė he arrived just after New Yearís Eve, so we are just trying to get used to the conditions, and jetlag, so itís all taking its part in adjusting here. Inside today especially, we were just talking how humid it is, because it was a packed house Ė maybe 10000 people or more, just crazy humidity. In a positive way, its good preparation for Melbourne.

Ana when you lose a couple of challenges so early in the match, does it affect your confidence at all?

(Ivanovic) It does, I really had to think twice when I wanted to challenge again. It was kind of frustrating a little bit because I was just missing them too. Itís not like I was wasting them, but once they were out of the way and I was challenge-less, I started playing a lot better.

And your knee Ė how did it pull up?

(Ivanovic) Yeah its fine, itís fine. I was just a little bit scared. Especially after what happened to Shvedova I was like Ďok I better ask doctor whatís thisí. I guess I just jammed it because I went really low on that one split step, I felt a little bit of pain so I was a little bit scared.

So tomorrow morning, is that a big thing in determining how it pulls up?

(Ivanovic) Well it was after it cooled off, after my singles. It was really fine. So it should be good.

Novak how are you after doing the leg split in the mixed?

(Djokovic) Oh wow. I love running for those balls and just trying to, I donít know, prove it to myself that I can get that ball. It was a really difficult one. I truly didnít believe that I could get it back on the court. It was amazing.

Any pain afterwards?

(Djokovic) No Iím used to the splits. Iíve done a lot in my life.

(Ivanovic) I was surprised, I got to the next ball and I was so shocked. I was like Ďwhere did that come from?í and it just flew beside my head.

Novak two years ago you played great here and then went on to the Australian open and played great Ė can you compare how youíre feeling now to two years ago?

(Djokovic) Well I want to believe it is a similar feeling. Letís see. Three years back was the best couple of weeks in my life, playing here really well and then continuing that run in the Australia Open where I played the best tournament ever in my career. Itís great preparation I think for all of us. We have a lot of fun on the court. Itís one of the very rare, maybe the only event, where you can share the court with a woman player. Itís a lot of fun and on the other hand you get a lot of good matches - especially this year where you have on the menís side Murray, Isner, Mahut, great players, and Hewitt. So Iím just happy to have this kind of preparation.

You lost the Final in that year Ė would it mean a lot to you to make up for it this year and win it?

(Djokovic) Oh yes. Definitely.

Ana for you on Thursday is probably the biggest test in the tournament so far Ė you must be looking forward to that?

(Ivanovic) Yes I am, Iím looking forward to that challenge. Itís going to be a tough match but I guess a good one. Justine is always a tough opponent and she has maybe a little bit similar game. You know with Alicia with a one-handed backhand Ė thereís not many girls with a one-handed backhand out there, so to have two of them this week is also an interesting schedule. Itís going to be good. We were saying we need one more point, so hopefully I can get that one.

(Djokovic) I donít need to play afterwards.

(Ivanovic) I have advantage of playing first and have it done.

(Djokovic) Ladies first.

I donít think youíve beaten her before Ė is there something that youíll try and do differently from last time?

(Ivanovic) Yeah I would love to have chance to win and start getting my revenges back. I played her actually last in Brisbane in the semi-finals in the first tournament of the year also, so hopefully this time a better finish.

(Djokovic) Sheíll have my support.

(Ivanovic) And itís on our Christmas.
http://hopmancup.com/Media/Media-Conference/288

Thank God the knee seems to be ok. I hope she is up for the challenge against Justine. I want, first and foremost, for Ana to fight hard for it, from the first point to the last. Just fight her heart out and raise her level.

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #2404
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Agreed. I think Ana used to live in her own buble.. one in which things just always ended up working out and coming as she wanted. The slump proved she had no idea how to deal with things when they weren't going as she hoped or expected. As she said, the pain can make for a important learning experience. Right now I still see her nervous as hell.. but if she manages to use all this torment to her favor and learns how to control her emotions, it can make her stronger and be a step fowards mentally. But there's still a long way to go for her.
i agree with everything you say, but this part is really important. it's easy to be a fighter in games, but how about in real life. during her slump i concluded that ana was not up to task. right now i am optimistic. i think people who come out of the bubble don't need much to get them going. but we will see.

and no boyfriends for now, no thanks ana the champion can have all the boys she likes, but i think she needs her tennis more than anything else.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #2405
country flag kimgurl

kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i agree with everything you say, but this part is really important. it's easy to be a fighter in games, but how about in real life. during her slump i concluded that ana was not up to task. right now i am optimistic. i think people who come out of the bubble don't need much to get them going. but we will see.

and no boyfriends for now, no thanks ana the champion can have all the boys she likes, but i think she needs her tennis more than anything else.

and that is what i think she's doin ryt now..she needs to focus on her tennis career..
kimgurl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #2406
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Nole's splits are amazing.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #2407
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Media Conference
Transcript - Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
6/01/2011

Ana Ivanovic & Novak Djokovic

Is it a nice feeling to be in the Finals?

(Ivanovic) Great. Yes especially after a tough loss today. Itís good and Novak managed to score an easy win.

(Djokovic) Oh definitely. This time we were really eager to win it. It was 5 years ago, the first time together - we were young and not experienced, and we did not have luck to go through the finals. This time we were winning quite comfortably, our matches, and really playing well. Both of us, we have a good chance to win the trophy.

Ana youíve been winning a lot of matches recently. Did todayís match show you how far youíve still got to go?

(Ivanovic) Yeah it definitely does. I thought today was probably one of the worst matches I played lately and I was really down on myself, and I got really down on the court actually as well. Still, I had so many chances and I managed to almost come back all the way in that first set. I guess I was a little bit negative on the court today, and thatís something I have to work on for next matches. Overall I still saw lots of positives in the last couple of matches, so I just have to focus on that and have to try to take it a little bit easier on myself sometimes.

Novak can you talk about tennis in Serbia, after winning a Davis Cup and now a chance to win a Hopman Cup, whatís the feeling like with tennis in Serbia?

(Djokovic) People definitely react in a great way. They appreciate the success that weíre having as individuals and as a team for the last 3 years. As you probably all know, tennis in Serbia was never that popular and we never had a long tradition in that sport. Then when we came at the professional stage and started winning Grand Slam events and fighting for majors. In the last 3or 4 years itís been great, itís been one of the most popular sports, definitely. People love it. Yeah itís great to share those best moments in your career such as winning the Davis Cup with our people in Serbia, just a couple of weeks back. It was a historical win and definitely highlight of my career.

Ana

(Ivanovic) Yeah I guess I have to be a little bit more aggressive then I was today. I gave her lots of chances to step in and my serve is definitely something I have to improve on to win these big matches. I didnít get many free points today, even though she was stepping up on my second serve, so I really need to work on that a little bit. Itís just getting through matches and getting more confidence, because practise its coming together nicely which is always good change to see, but you know I just have to put it together in the matches as well.

Is there a particular team you want to play against in the final?

(Ivanovic) No, I havenít thought of it. Anyone?

Ana have you been thinking about the diamond ball?

(Ivanovic) I know. Weíve been thinking about it since 2006.

(Djokovic) She especially is wanting that. Obviously - sheís a woman, so of course diamonds.

Is that one of the more unique prizes from tournaments around the world?

(Ivanovic) Yeah I think it is, definitely, I mean itís very special. Like I said, the first time we saw it we were like Ďoh we want ití.

On that note Novak in the Davis Cup or the Hopman Cup, which match do you have the best team-mate?

(Ivanovic) Well you canít ask that question with me sitting here.

(Djokovic) Honestly. What do you think?

(Ivanovic) Youíll have to ask that when Iím not here.

(Djokovic) I mean I like my colleagues from the Davis Cup team, but you know Iíd rather chose Ana.

(Ivanovic) Thank you.

Ana can you comment on the tennis of Justine?

(Ivanovic) Yeah I mean itís as good as itís always been. I really think sheís playing well at the moment and like I said, itís the beginning of the season and lots of players try to look in their best form. You know sheís playing well. She was stepping up a lot today, and coming to the net often and playing aggressive, and put me a lot under pressure. I felt that I was in the back court for most of the match. She seems to be playing well.

Novak to you think youíve been as fit and as mentally fresh so close to a Grand Slam?

(Djokovic) Well I donít know if I can use the word Ďfreshí because the off season was really short

I meant focused Ė thatís the word I meant to use.

(Djokovic) Focused ok. Focused - I am definitely. I have to be in order to achieve the goals and ambitions I have. We are both very self critical so we always have a very high ambitions. Itís just part of our personalities and I guess we have won the Grand Slams before and she was number 1 in the world, so we know how it feels to play on the big stage. You know in my case I had a very short off season where I try to get the tennis out of my mind for two weeks as much as I can. It wasnít very long break but you have to adjust to it. I think Iím preparing well and to be honest I havenít expected to perform this well. At the start of the year I knew that this week of the tournament is as well probably one of the hardest weeks for me in preparation time, because even on the match days I go out and play for hours outdoors and would do a lot of endurance, so itís been a hard week for me but very successful. I will not work before the Finals. I will just focus my energy -

(Ivanovic) Thatís what I keep saying Ė that he needs to go to the beach more. Use this week to relax.

(Djokovic) I would love to Ė tell it to my fitness coach

Did you go on a boat yesterday?

(Ivanovic) Yeah it was good.

(Djokovic) Yeah a short cruise. Swan River, we saw a lot of jelly fish.

(Ivanovic) Yeah heaps Ė theyíre huge.

In some ways is a shorter break an advantage Ė you havenít had the down time, the body hasnít slowed, and you havenít had to pick it back up again. Can that be an advantage the body hasnít slowed, and you havenít had to pick it back up again. Can that be an advantage?

(Djokovic) You know I was thinking about that as well. I leave it to the nature, I donít know. I will just try to prepare as best as I can. I have no more time to think why I had such a short season to think Ďok maybe it would be better if I had a bit longer seasoní. But at this moment I really feel good physically and mentally, so Iím going to Australian Open with a lot of confidence and I think that my game is good enough to change anybody on the world at this moment, especially on the hard courts. I have to believe. I have to believe that I can go all the way through and hopefully physically I will be fit because Australian summer is really, really hot and warm and I have experienced that before. So I will just see whatís going to happen.

Novak you talk about goals Ė Number 1 in world, where is it for you and can you achieve it in 2011?

(Djokovic) Sure. Well I believe that I will make it one day. I donít know if itís going to be this year or next year, or in the next 3 or 4 years Ė I am really trying to work hard towards that lifetime goal. I do have a really strong competitors Ė Nadal, Federer and of course Murray. So I think there is more players in the menís tennis than the last 10, 15 years that are able to win major titles. Maybe in the last years there was more, just like Nadal and Federer winning all the major titles now, you know you could see some other players coming up and challenging those two guys. Theyíre still the best in the world and we are all trying to win against them.
http://hopmancup.com/Media/Media-Conference/298

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #2408
country flag gaviotabr

Good presser. I liked how Ana assessed the match. It was bad.. especially her attitude. It's the main thing she has to address.

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2409
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Good presser. I liked how Ana assessed the match. It was bad.. especially her attitude. It's the main thing she has to address.
Yeah i agree.And i keep forgetting ...those articles you posted in serbian ,just like you thought nothing new there

Quote:
On that note Novak in the Davis Cup or the Hopman Cup, which match do you have the best team-mate?

(Ivanovic) Well you canít ask that question with me sitting here.

(Djokovic) Honestly. What do you think?

(Ivanovic) Youíll have to ask that when Iím not here.

(Djokovic) I mean I like my colleagues from the Davis Cup team, but you know Iíd rather chose Ana.

(Ivanovic) Thank you.

I want video from that presser
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #2410
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad she realized how negative she was on court,
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #2411
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Tennis-Ivanovic hopes to be fit for Australian Open
Reuters

Fri, 07 Jan 10:39:00 2011

* Serb hopeful of making it to Melbourne

* Withdrawl allows Belgium to advance

Former world number one Ana Ivanovic is hopeful she will be fit for the Australian Open despite being forced to pull out of the Hopman Cup on Friday because of a stomach injury.

A scan on the injury showed a grade one tear, the least serious, leaving her facing a race against time to be fit for the first grand slam event of the year, which begins on Jan. 17.

"It's very frustrating," Ivanovic told reporters. "Hopefully I'll be fine for Melbourne but it's definitely a scare."

Ivanovic said she had been told to take complete rest for three-to-four days in order to let the tear heal, before beginning light training.

The former French Open champion said she first felt it during her singles match with Justine Henin on Thursday but that it was only when she tried to practice the next day that it really began to hurt.

"This morning, I was playing some points and on one serve I felt a sharp pain and I couldn't even hit or move after that.

"At this moment in time (my chances) are still very good because I stopped in time. I'm positive I will be fit."

The injury is a blow to Ivanovic's hopes of making a strong run in Melbourne, having battled back to the world's top 20 in the second half of 2010.

"It's very frustrating because this has been the case for a long time now," Ivanovic said of the latest in a line of niggling injury problems. "But I have to stay positive."

Ivanovic has already pulled out of next week's WTA event in Sydney and is now likely to request a late start at the Australian Open.

Her injury also cost Serbia their place in the final of the Hopman Cup because under the rules of the mixed team event, they are not allowed to bring in a replacement for the final.

Belgium, who finished second in their group, will advance in their place.

French Open champion Francesca Schiavone also suffered a groin injury playing for Italy against France on Friday but the problem is not thought to be serious.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070120...lian-open.html

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #2412
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's be thankful she should be ready for AO and it hopefully won't set her back so far.

Quote:
The injury is a blow to Ivanovic's hopes of making a strong run in Melbourne
Not necessarily.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #2413
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Well let's be thankful she should be ready for AO and it hopefully won't set her back so far.

Not necessarily.
Well.. she won't be training for days.. then, if everything works out, only light training... and then already a match. It really hampers preparations, and she wasn't playing well this week. She needed the matches and the practices.

And look at how she took it.. She was to excited to play the final.. now she has this and all the other niggling injuries she had in the past on her mind.

It all sucks, I'm so upset.

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #2414
Hot Messes Need Love

Quote:
Well.. she won't be training for days.. then, if everything works out, only light training... and then already a match. It really hampers preparations, and she wasn't playing well this week. She needed the matches and the practices.

And look at how she took it.. She was to excited to play the final.. now she has this and all the other niggling injuries she had in the past on her mind.

It all sucks, I'm so upset.
It was probably similar after the Cincy retirement and things turned out fine. I refuse to panic.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #2415
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Tennis: Ivanovic confident of playing in Melbourne
AFP January 7, 2011, 11:53 pm

PERTH, Jan 7, 2011 (AFP) - - A shattered Ana Ivanovic said Friday she remained confident of taking part in the upcoming Australian Open, despite tearing a stomach muscle while playing in the Hopman Cup.

The Serbian has been ordered to rest fully for at least four days after scans showed she had suffered a tear during her singles clash with fellow former world number one Justine Henin on Thursday.

Ivanovic, the world number 17, completed the match and the subsequent mixed doubles, but the injury flared at a training session on Friday, forcing her out of the mixed teams event, in which she and teammate Novak Djokovic had already qualified for Saturday's final, and next week's Sydney International.

The Australian Open begins on January 17 and Ivanovic, who will seek a late start to the tournament, was cursing her bad luck after the setback, but was optimistic she would be back on court in time for the year's first Grand Slam.

"Hopefully, it will be fine for Melbourne, but it is definitely a scare," she said.

"It is very individual how fast it will heal, but hopefully with lots of icing and laser it can speed up the recovery.

"It is very frustrating, it's not a huge deal, it is just stupid and bad timing.

"I have to recover in the best possible way and stay positive and at least I have a week before the Open."

Ivanovic said she believed her chances of playing in Melbourne were "good".

"I am positive I will be fit in 10 days' time," she said.

Ivanovic said she believed her fitness base would enable her to overcome the disruption to her preparation for Melbourne.

"I have to rely on the hard work I have done in the past and I have the full preparation behind me so I have to rely on that and even though I will have some time off now, I have to believe that I am fit enough," she said.

"The hard work has been done and I have to approach it with that mindset."

The injury is an untimely one for the 2008 French Open champion, who finished 2010 strongly, with wins in two of her last three tournaments, and was banking on her much-improved fitness to help her climb back into the top 10 this year.

Ivanovic said the injury first surfaced as she served.

"In the singles yesterday, I felt it in the second set on my serve," she said.

"In the mixed doubles I felt nothing, and then in recovery I felt a little tight.

"Then this morning I was playing some points and on one serve I felt sharp pain, then I couldn't even hit anymore, I couldn't move."
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/arti...ing-melbourne/