~Ana's articles~ - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2386
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Some very interesting articles.. so Ana's head was indeed all over the place, she even considered leaving tennis aside and dedicating herself more to studying.

After Wimbledon some tears were shed, but she decided to change something.. hum.. And she considers the Azarenka match in Cincy a real turning point, as so many of us do as well.

I'm not sure about Van Grichen's approach.. but I hope it works.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #2387
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Ana and Nole's presser after mixed doubles:

Quote:
Media Conference
Transcript - Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2/01/2011

Ana Ivanovic & Novak Djokovic

It looked like you both had a lot of fun out there.

(Ivanovic) Yeah it was good fun, it was really. I was saying to Novak that this was the best I’ve ever played mixed doubles in my whole life, so it was really enjoyable.

(Djokovic) Yeah you don’t get a lot of opportunities on the tour to play mixed doubles and we played actually once in the Australian Open a couple of years back in 06, right after Perth. It’s great. I’m really happy that Ana accepted to play the Hopman Cup with me. I was waiting for this for four years, so I will give my best to win this trophy with her.

You both had a slight problem in your first sets – is that just a first match of the year thing?

(Ivanovic) Yeah I think that plays a big part and I think also we didn’t have real easy opponents. They were also playing really well. We have said in Serbia ‘everything is good if it finishes good’, so we are really happy to have that victory. It was an important one, not only for the team, but also for ourselves individually. I think it’s great to start the year with a win and build on it.

Ana you stopped quite a few of your throws – is there something that you’re working on that you are trying to execute?

(Ivanovic) Yeah it’s getting a lot better than it was before, trust me. It’s still something that gets away from me sometimes, but it’s just part of it now. I try to get rid of it and it’s getting a lot better - like in the last couple of months it was a lot more stable. Today in the first set I had quite a few bad tosses, but then in the second set as the nerves settled down a little bit, it was a lot better. In doubles I was actually serving quite ok and really happy. I hope to progress.

Ana you probably do more fist pumps than anyone else.

(Ivanovic) Do I? I do get very emotional on the court. I enjoy it. I probably I had a few today as well in doubles.

Novak – you said on court after your match that you’ve only had a couple of weeks break since the Davis Cup. You may feel ok now, but do you think it will put a toll on you as the season goes on?

(Djokovic) Well actually, I’m in the process of preparing for the Australian Open and my main goal is to be 100% fit for that tournament. Hopman Cup is a great event and I love coming back here, and I love having matches under my belt. I’m aware of the fact that I will not perform as well as I will probably in two weeks time, because as you said, it was the shortest off season that I’ve had in my life and this is only a third week of preparation. To be well prepared and to perform well on the court - you need at least four weeks. I’m working really hard off the court. Today I had a two and a half hour tennis and fitness session in the very big heat, so it’s quite an exhausting day, but I already planned it. If we get a victory in this tournament then it’s going to be a success.

Players talk about needing a break and you’ve had no break at all – do you think as you progress that it may begin to put a toll on you and make you a disadvantage?

(Djokovic) Well I think I got used to it. There were quite a few players who had a similar situation. I think Nadal just last year or two years back, when he won the Davis Cup, had a very short break or no break at all. I have played the most matches on the tour in 2009, about 100 matches, and it was a very short break then as well. That’s the way it is. You try to get the best out of it, try to rest as much as you can – even though it’s less than two weeks which is not enough. You get used to it after a while. We got now on the ATP tour finally, a two week shorter schedule from 2012 so it’s good to know.

Novak how do you tackle bridging the gap between yourself and Roger and Rafa when everyone talks about those two and you’re the third player in the world. How do you approach that?

(Djokovic) Well whoever is behind those two guys is always in the shadow. Everything they do is just amazing. On and off the court they are big champions and great examples of a professional athlete. They are very physically and mentally strong, maybe 2 out of 5 best players that have ever played these games. So to be competing with them throughout this year has been a pleasure and a big challenge for me. On one hand it’s really difficult because it’s really hard when you get to the later stage, especially on the Grand Slams – that’s where they kind of lift their level of the game of the performance up and it’s where they show why they’re the best two players in the world.

Are you confident you can get there?

(Djokovic) Well you know I’m trying. I need to believe. Anybody needs to believe they can win it against them if they want to be better than them. We all know how great they are – we don’t need to spread words about them anymore. I have won against both of them quite a few times on different surfaces so there are no secrets between our games. I know how it feels to play on the big stage. I just keep on working hard and waiting for an opportunity.

Novak – Golubev played some brilliant shots tonight. In your opinion, if he can bring that together, how well do you see him going over this season?

(Djokovic) He’s a very talented player. He has a very beautiful and nice one-handed backhand. You don’t get to see a lot of one-handed backhands these days and being so aggressive with it. He stepped up. He was a better player throughout the whole first set and I managed to regain my rhythm and played well in the second and the third. It’s still just the beginning of the year and in order to be a top 10 player, you have to be consistently successful throughout the whole year. You cannot have big ups and downs you know, the ranking system works that way.

Ana – everything seemed to start coming together for you in your second set. How much of that was confidence in having won the first set, and how much of it was actual physical improvements to your second game?

(Ivanovic) Yeah it was a big difference and definitely winning that tiebreak gave me a push for that second set. Also I think a lot of things settled down a little bit and the biggest difference was my serve. I started making a lot more first serves and I started playing a lot deeper. In the first set I felt I was trying to hit the ball hard and deep, but it was always coming short and she was dictating the rallies and points. I was also struggling to get free points on my first serves. Once I changed that a little bit around and relaxed a little bit, it swung through better and it made a huge difference.

Having ended last year so well obviously in Bali – do you have any specific goals going into Australia, or are you just hoping to relax and see how it goes?

(Ivanovic) For me I was sad the year finished. It was so short. It was really good and I really tried and I hope to build on that. It definitely gives me a lot of confidence. Having won two titles in the last three events I’ve played – its important stuff for me. Now I’ll just try to work hard, and I have a new coach and it’s going well. Hopefully this year I can get back to top 10 and that will be my main goal - but still taking it step-by-step and trying to enjoy the process as well and hopefully get there.

Novak those two - Golubev and Shvedova, are quite decent doubles players. Can you talk us through your tactical chat with Ana?

(Djokovic) Oh there were no tactics at all.

(Ivanovic) We had really good tactics. We walked on to the court and Novak said ‘Ok, choose which side you want’.

(Djokovic) We kind of went spontaneous, point after point. It was going to happen, you know, to just hit the ball as hard as you can. We obviously needed to pay simple because I think we were better quality players on the baseline. It was good. It was good to make this crucial break in the second set. God knows how late we would finish if we didn’t make the break. It’s been a very difficult encounter against Kazakhstan and I think they are very good players in singles and doubles. To win 3-0 in the first match of the year is great and couldn’t ask for more.
http://hopmancup.com/Media/Media-Conference/270

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2388
country flag gaviotabr

Forgot to remark how Ana said she lost 5-6 kilos during the off season.. that's quite a lot.

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM   #2389
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

I like how she talked about the crosscourt forehand return winner against Azarenka that basically changed the whole match when she "decided to go for it." Love that!
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM   #2390
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
I like how she talked about the crosscourt forehand return winner against Azarenka that basically changed the whole match when she "decided to go for it." Love that!
Yes... I hope she keeps that in mind.. Ana is a "go for it" player.. she needs to go for it whenever she is in position and has a chance.

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM   #2391
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Yes... I hope she keeps that in mind.. Ana is a "go for it" player.. she needs to go for it whenever she is in position and has a chance.
I could not agree more.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #2392
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Forgot to remark how Ana said she lost 5-6 kilos during the off season.. that's quite a lot.
That`s a lot :
I hope they especially Marija know what they are doing

Quote:
(Djokovic) Oh there were no tactics at all.
(Ivanovic) We had really good tactics. We walked on to the court and Novak said ‘Ok, choose which side you want
They are so cute together
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #2393
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some very interesting articles.. so Ana's head was indeed all over the place, she even considered leaving tennis aside and dedicating herself more to studying.

After Wimbledon some tears were shed, but she decided to change something.. hum.. And she considers the Azarenka match in Cincy a real turning point, as so many of us do as well.

I'm not sure about Van Grichen's approach.. but I hope it works.
i think it's interesting she thought about quitting at around the ao time last year, which was the time when i feeled very annoyed with her - somehow i thought she was not trying enough. and she says it was just like that - she thought about quitting. and of course many of us thought she was back on track by the us hard court season.

Quote:
"And it is very hard because you are alone out there and there are very few people that can understand what goes through your mind, because you do suffer a lot.

"You have your closest people who are there for you, to support you, but you know that they don't know 100 per cent how it feels, so it is very hard. It is very lonely."
well, some people support you, some people are cold and don't care, and some, and we are not mentioning any names, are even happy to kick you when you are down.

but i was wondering, isn't the great support from fans that she definitely enjoys enough to inspire her. so many people out there support you and care, so don't even think about giving up!
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #2394
country flag gaviotabr

From portuguese newspaper "O Jogo":

It basically says Ana has extended her agreement with Van Grichen through at least April, including the already announced aussie season and tournaments in Pattaya, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells and Miami.

Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2395
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i think it's interesting she thought about quitting at around the ao time last year, which was the time when i feeled very annoyed with her - somehow i thought she was not trying enough. and she says it was just like that - she thought about quitting. and of course many of us thought she was back on track by the us hard court season.
Yes.. I remember I was so pissed off at Ana after AO and Fed Cup last year that I spent 3 months without posting here. I thought she wanted to be anywhere but on court and she was just not trying. And that was definitely the case, since she was thinking about quitting. The change did really happen after Wimbledon.. I think she finally saw that the change had to come from within before anything.. that she had to change her attitude and get her priorities straight again.

Quote:
well, some people support you, some people are cold and don't care, and some, and we are not mentioning any names, are even happy to kick you when you are down.

but i was wondering, isn't the great support from fans that she definitely enjoys enough to inspire her. so many people out there support you and care, so don't even think about giving up!
Maybe that is what kept her going! All the support from fans and sponsors. I think at the time Ana had people around her that either didn't really support her or couldn't care less about her career or that even were pushing her away from tennis.

All in all, those were very interesting and insightful articles.

Old Jan 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #2396
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From portuguese newspaper "O Jogo":

It basically says Ana has extended her agreement with Van Grichen through at least April, including the already announced aussie season and tournaments in Pattaya, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells and Miami.
o jogo is much more to my taste than record i often go to their website, mostly for the portuguese liga, though.

Quote:
Yes.. I remember I was so pissed off at Ana after AO and Fed Cup last year that I spent 3 months without posting here. I thought she wanted to be anywhere but on court and she was just not trying. And that was definitely the case, since she was thinking about quitting. The change did really happen after Wimbledon.. I think she finally saw that the change had to come from within before anything.. that she had to change her attitude and get her priorities straight again.
i remember you leaving, and i'm glad you're back

Quote:
Maybe that is what kept her going! All the support from fans and sponsors. I think at the time Ana had people around her that either didn't really support her or couldn't care less about her career or that even were pushing her away from tennis.

All in all, those were very interesting and insightful articles.
yeah, perhaps we should also see ana's relationship with adam in this light. you know, i don't care about her relationships, she has the right to privacy and all that, but while i was not trusting verdasco i was outright negative about adam. perhaps he is not really a bad guy, dunno, but ana needed someone exceptional at that moment. being lulled by anyone or anything into believing that perhaps she could find happiness outside of the tennis world makes that someone or something a negative influence on her.

i somehow want to believe that she has really become stronger after all this. you know, for all the talk about how she was in serbia during the war and bad political situation she always said that her parents shielded her away from all the bad things that were happening during her childhood. and she has always been a crowd favourite and a media darling. did she really learn to deal with difficult situation then? probably not. i hope that has changed now and that would be a huge step for mentally. i think that was missing in her.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #2397
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
yeah, perhaps we should also see ana's relationship with adam in this light. you know, i don't care about her relationships, she has the right to privacy and all that, but while i was not trusting verdasco i was outright negative about adam. perhaps he is not really a bad guy, dunno, but ana needed someone exceptional at that moment. being lulled by anyone or anything into believing that perhaps she could find happiness outside of the tennis world makes that someone or something a negative influence on her.
Yes.. I don't mind Ana's relationships.. and, at first, I was totally ok with Adam. But with time.. and with the more time Ana was spending with him.. it became completely clear to me he was not a good influence to her. At least not tennis wise. I think in one way or another he was pushing Ana away from tennis, almost giving her incentives left and right to not want to be on a tennis court. I remember right before the 2009 US Open I read an interview with Adam and he was saying he wanted to go on holidays the next couple of weeks. Then in Ana's presser after her first round loss, she said that right before the match she was telling her coach how she wanted to get holidays. I can totally relate things.. and that was a slam.. It became clear to me Adam couldn't care less about Ana's career.. and perhaps for him it would indeed be better if she was away from tennis. There was no real support from him, ever. At the same time, Ana just let herself and her head go wondering in other places and somehow ran away.

I've had an even harder time with Adam since I read one of his latest interviews in which he said the break up with his former girlfriend (the one he had before Ana) still hurts to this day. So Ana was nothing more than some rebound girl for him, while she wasted almost 2 whole years with him, going from golf tournament to golf tournament and almost throwing her career down the drain. All this for a guy who didn't really care for her all that much and never really supported her.

The thing is.. if Ana was really happy away from tennis, then fine.. it would be a waste, but her decision and her life. But she clearly wasn't.. those were painful times for her. Tennis is a huge part of her life and brings her happiness. Whoever is around her has to understand that and give her all the support and even provide some motivation.

Quote:
i somehow want to believe that she has really become stronger after all this. you know, for all the talk about how she was in serbia during the war and bad political situation she always said that her parents shielded her away from all the bad things that were happening during her childhood. and she has always been a crowd favourite and a media darling. did she really learn to deal with difficult situation then? probably not. i hope that has changed now and that would be a huge step for mentally. i think that was missing in her.
Agreed. I think Ana used to live in her own buble.. one in which things just always ended up working out and coming as she wanted. The slump proved she had no idea how to deal with things when they weren't going as she hoped or expected. As she said, the pain can make for a important learning experience. Right now I still see her nervous as hell.. but if she manages to use all this torment to her favor and learns how to control her emotions, it can make her stronger and be a step fowards mentally. But there's still a long way to go for her.

Old Jan 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #2398
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

I love golf forums. Last year, in march ,i was surfing on the Net,and Ana's name appeared on some golf forum.A guy said that Ana is in Las Vegas with Adam, that he took her to casino ,and thay can be seen everywhere.Same guy began to speak, in details, about Adam's reciprocal dependence on gambling, describing his loses( and facial expresion when in casino), comparing him with a kid in a toy store. Couple of days later, Ana herself said in her diary entry,that she was in casino and she won $200,or something.So...the guy was telling the truth.
One golf forum after another and i start getting a picture on that relationship...from the fan's perspective.Basically, no one give her a chance with Adam from the start. His fans said that she wont last long and that "Adam deserves a 24/7 lady, not some 6 hours fligh romance". Every pic and info of two of them at ASFF was posted by Izzy,Cliente and Zone12 - Ana's fans. That was all i needed to know. For haters Ana was his "new caddy", "russian chick", "missus which could cost him a shitload", "rebound girl who supose to worm up seat for Greg Norman's daughter". As Ana fan i found that very offensive. Journos weren't much better. Adam has helped them with all that talk about his ex, and he mentioned Marie in Loch Lomond( when they asked him about Ana's presence).For journalists Ana was >a friend > close friend > special friend > partner > regular partner and,finally > regular girlfriend...IN OCTOBER.
If you read Ana's and Crybaby's interviews - you can't understand for how long they were dating,why did they broke up and what they meant to each other. For Ana- he was a bf for year and a half, and in first interview in Linz, she said:" If relationship isn't healthy, if you are feeling down and not inspired, then you are not with the right person". According to aussie commentators, they were dating for 6 months, he dumped her because of "bussy schedule". Ana invited him to Belgrade, she was planning her future with him, and now i see that she wanted to quit in january.She was waiting for him to "make an offer"...but he didn't.What can i say- he is a humanitarian of the decade.He has helped her to discover how much she loves tennis, he didn't want to be responsible for the collapse of her career.
Ana has lost 2 years of her life with the " perfect gentleman" who wasn't mature enough to tell her the truth.He didn't want to settle down with Ana, he couldn't get into her like she was into him. She should just let him go instead of hanging around. Maybe he would have respected her for it and not took her for granted.I don't think that he ever had an intensive love for her.I think he started to care about her but his feelings never developed the way that hers did.I wish he would've just come clean to her about his lack of feelings instead of leading her on.I hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for.As for Ana,i'm glad that Novak is around.He is such a great friend,supportive and kind. Ana looks happy on court again and focused on her career,which is good to see.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #2399
country flag kimgurl

kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all

well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..
kimgurl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #2400
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgurl View Post
well honestly i couldnt see spark between adam and ana..i dont know..but sure is they look good together,.

it would be awesome if things will work out between ana and rafa..yayks im crazy i know its seems impossible right now since rafa has xisca..
I really think Ana & Rafa make a cute couple. They seem to have great chemistry and Rafa seems to be a gentleman.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote