~Ana's articles~ - Page 158 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #2356
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Yeah I have no problem with her playing Toronto. Totally different organisation and tournament, just has the same name. She shouldn't play it when it's in Montreal though, I agree with that.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #2357
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

W/O in 2010 and 2011 after 2010 affair is much more effective and "pedagogic" than 2010 and 2012 which is confusing. Also ironically "It's all Yours fault" type of pressure (and shame) on that tournament director (which is also Canadian tennis federation vice-president) which try to humiliate Ana and her team this summer when she is on career low, will be much bigger if she escape Toronto than Montreal, because it seems that in Quebec that guy is enough strong to do whatever he want. I guess it all depends of Ana's management actions because Ana is way too much nice and good-natured person to be able to do any kind of effective revenge actions in cases like this.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #2358
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Curtis and David. I think it's okay for Ana to play Toronto. It's a different tournament director and organizers, and they were vocally against the Montreal people who refused Ana the WC. By playing Toronto, Ana makes it clear that her problem is not with the country of Canada, but with the Montreal tournament director and the tournament he organizes. She shouldn't play in Montreal ever again.. not only in 2012.. but not set foot there ever again. 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018.. so on. And that would be a strong statement.

Besides.. if Ana returns to the top 10, which I think we all hope she does, it would be mandatory for her to play 4 out of 5 Premier 5 tournaments, while the one she missed one year is mandatory for the following season (otherwise the player gets a 0 pointer). So by playing Toronto Ana can boicot Montreal forever without having any penalties.

Missing Toronto now would be confusing.. after all, it is a totally different organizers team.. it would also mean penalizing people who somehow supported her. Missing out on every single edition of the Rogers Cup played in Montreal would set things clear, that Ana won't ever play there again because of the actions from the tournament director.

I do get Cp6puja's point.. like.. if Ana skips Toronto, all the Toronto people will go against Lapierre because it's his fault Ana would be missing the tournament. But actually.. that will have no effect.. nobody will do anything against him, and it will look like Ana is bitter against the whole country of Canada, which isn't good for her towards fans. Ana should just never set foot in Montreal ever again.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #2359
country flag rochelle100

rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I agree with Curtis and David. I think it's okay for Ana to play Toronto. It's a different tournament director and organizers, and they were vocally against the Montreal people who refused Ana the WC. By playing Toronto, Ana makes it clear that her problem is not with the country of Canada, but with the Montreal tournament director and the tournament he organizes. She shouldn't play in Montreal ever again.. not only in 2012.. but not set foot there ever again. 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018.. so on. And that would be a strong statement.

Besides.. if Ana returns to the top 10, which I think we all hope she does, it would be mandatory for her to play 4 out of 5 Premier 5 tournaments, while the one she missed one year is mandatory for the following season (otherwise the player gets a 0 pointer). So by playing Toronto Ana can boicot Montreal forever without having any penalties.

Missing Toronto now would be confusing.. after all, it is a totally different organizers team.. it would also mean penalizing people who somehow supported her. Missing out on every single edition of the Rogers Cup played in Montreal would set things clear, that Ana won't ever play there again because of the actions from the tournament director.

I do get Cp6puja's point.. like.. if Ana skips Toronto, all the Toronto people will go against Lapierre because it's his fault Ana would be missing the tournament. But actually.. that will have no effect.. nobody will do anything against him, and it will look like Ana is bitter against the whole country of Canada, which isn't good for her towards fans. Ana should just never set foot in Montreal ever again.
What happened in Montreal????
rochelle100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2360
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle100 View Post
What happened in Montreal????
A big mess.

Montreal's tournament director Eugene Lapierre refused Ana a wild card and then went on to say to the press how she didn't deserve the WC, how she sucked as a player and how she should go play qualifying. He gambled with Ana.. totally gambled. In truth, he wanted her there to enhance the qualifying tournament and then the tournament itself. But it failed. Ana entered New Haven and then made the semis of Cinci and thus couldn't go for qualies. When he saw she wouldn't go, he backtracked somehow and offered her the WC. Ana refused it and called him out for his gambling with her, in one of my proudest moments as an Ana fan. So.. she shouldn't go play in a tournament organized by this guy ever again.

Old Dec 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #2361
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

I am so proud of Ana. UNICEF office in Belgrade announced that Ana has donated over 1 million dinars to the schools in Kraljevo, which were damaged by earthquake. Ana and UNICEF decided to help schools to get necessary supplies,materials,toiletries and classroom and school furniture. Thank you,Ana.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #2362
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

^^
Very nice gesture
Here is the article
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/190414/An...-deci-Kraljeva

Also nice to read that they will continue to help schools in damage areas
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #2363
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there's no reason to skip Toronto. So it's obvious that it's in her schedule.

The Montreal happening did hurt Ana, but that won't mean she shouldn't play there ever again. In a few years can change a lot. The organisation can have a new bunch of people. It's not that the city hates her.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #2364
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post

I could not agree more with everything you have said in this post. If however she does decided to play in Montreal again she needs to at least not play in 2011 or 2012 to give them something to think about. I have a feeling that they will try to reach out to her and ask her to play and if they are sincere enough Ana will more than likely play there again.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #2365
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

I also don't think that Ana MUST to boycott Rogers Cup FOREVER, but I strongly recommend to her to not compete there in 2011 and 2012. Whats happen this summer is way much more than unpleasant misunderstanding:

- Thanks to RC 2010 Ana Ivanovic become first ever former #1 player in tennis history which WC request is rejected by some ATP/WTA tournament organizers.
- Ana is former GS champ, but also former champion of Rogers Cup, and former USO Series overall champion (RC is part of USO Series), but she is still rejected.
- Ana's career worst two injuries come from Rogers Cup (in 2005 and 2008) and in both cases reason is because she "don't want to disappoint Canadian tennis fans". But when she ask something for the first time there (sh*ty WC) she was rejected.
- Ana name, face and image in previous 5 years RC organizers use more intensive in event promo campaigns than any other WTA event! Even this year on day when tournament director announce decision to reject Ana's WC she is on tournaments official homepage (banner for 2010 RC ticket) and her face is on avatar of official RC's twitter page.
- Tournament director in public try to "explain" how bad player Ana is currently, but also he even try to "teach" what Ana's team should to do (for her best)!? That is also scandalous, especially if we know that Ana coach on that time is former coach of GOAT Graf and her manager is successful businessman/millionaire.
- That 3rd WC at end goes to Valerie "Who" Tetreault, local Quebec out of TOP150 girl, and after WC reject decision and before Ana's public announcement there is also that tasteless RC campaign where Ana is treated almost like "circus attraction" (they even call on official facebook and twitter pages spectators to not miss opportunity to watch live for free former #1 and GS champ playing qualies where tickets are for free!?).
- etc...

BTW don't forget that thanks to 2010 Cincinnati injury Ana will not play RC 2010 anyway, so her 2010 boycott of RC (qualies) at end not seems that real and serious!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #2366
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

To explain again, Toronto DID NOT deny Ana a wild card. Montreal did. Why boycott a tournament that did nothing to her? It was Montreal who disrespected her. Toronto did not support Eugiene Lapierre's decision and publicly opposed his stance. They came to Ana's side, so why should she punish them and her fans there? What message would that send? It wouldn't make any sense. Eugiene Lapierre wouldn't care one bit because he is only in charge of the Montreal portion, so Ana boycottiing Toronto would have no effect on him. She would be technically punishing the people who were good to her. Lapierre could care less about what she does in regards to Toronto.

Last edited by Curtos07 : Dec 29th, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
Curtos07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #2367
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
To explain again, Toronto DID NOT deny Ana a wild card. Montreal did. Why boycott a tournament that did nothing to her? It was Montreal who disrespected her. Toronto did not support Eugiene Lapierre's decision and publicly opposed his stance. They came to Ana's side, so why should she punish them and her fans there? What message would that send? It wouldn't make any sense. Eugiene Lapierre wouldn't care one bit because he is only in charge of the Montreal portion, so Ana boycottiing Toronto would have no effect on him. She would be technically punishing the people who were good to her. Lapierre could care less about what she does in regards to Toronto.
Rogers Cup is one/same tournament. If she want to send strong message to whole tour (tournament organizers especially) that fact that she is (with all her star-power) ready more than any other WTA star to works on tennis and WTA tour promotions not means that she is some doll which You can use for whatever you want and on way which you chose without limits and without any respect/appreciation for what she do by hers good will - she should to boycott ROGERS CUP event at least next two seasons IMO! Message "I'm not Boycott Canada, just Quebec (Montreal)" sounds little bit weird and even have some danger "political" part, and if she present whole thing just like PERSONAL Ivanovic/Lapierre problem, she will looks like spoiled diva!

When Lindsay Davenport in past also have conflict with (I think the same) Rogers Cup director she never played again RC (Montreal and Toronto BOTH) since 2000, and also maybe Williams sisters overreacted against Indian Wells organizers with that full-time boycott (I don't think that event organizers should to be responded for reaction of some part of crowd), but fact is that after that episode tennis crowd around world sometime also booed some members of Williams family - but never again all-together in same time (Serena, Venus and Richard) which they (with reason maybe) perceived as an racial insult. If You want effective boycott You must to be tough, otherwise you risk that your compromise/selective decision will look like some kind of soap opera or childish action. I really hope that Ana's management will help her to find proper answer for this situation because Ana is too nice person which is probably able to forgive almost everything anybody. Eventual RC full-time boycott will coast Ana guarantee zero points in rankings record from one Premier-5 event every season and goodbye to chances for big success for USO Series (bonus), but at least I doubt that anybody ever will try to repeat anything similar with Ana what RC do this summer. Simple, "Boycott" and "Everybody is happy" is not things which (should to) going together.

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #2368
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Ivanovic emerges from mental fog
Copyright AFP 2010.Published Date:30/12/2010 04:56:00 PM

Clearer of mind and fitter of body than for some time, Serbian glamour girl Ana Ivanovic is confident she can climb back into the top 10 in 2011.

Ranked no.1 in the world in 2008, when she won her only Grand Slam singles title at the French Open, Ivanovic dropped out of the top 60 this year as she battled poor form before climbing her way back to 17 by season's end.

The 23-year-old claimed titles in Austria and Bali in the last three tournaments she played for the season and enters the new year full of confidence that her career is finally back on track.

Speaking on Thursday as she prepared to partner Novak Djokovic in the mixed teams Hopman Cup, Ivanovic said she was reaping the rewards of working with a new coaching team and an improved fitness regime.

She said the main improvement in her game was a renewed belief in her own ability.

"I am on the right way," she said.

"I feel good about my game and my fitness at the moment.

"It is a strange thing, once you lose it (confidence) you feel like it is very hard to get it back.

"In my case, I tried to search for it in many different directions and many different places and with different people, but you realise that it is all the time within you, you just have to discover it."

Ivanovic said she started working on her fitness with a close friend after Wimbledon.

"Once I got fitter, I felt like it gave me confidence on the court," she said.

"I worked really hard and started to play a lot better in the summer in America and all the things started to come together.

"It wasn't any more this balance between my game, my fitness and my mental, which was very nice to see.

"Once you start to feel better the confidence just grows and to have two titles at the end of the year meant a lot to me."

Ivanovic is confident she can win more Grand Slam titles to add her Roland Garros success.

"I am very excited about this upcoming year," she said.

"There is a lot of potential to do really well, there are a lot of great players out there, but it has been a little bit up and down and a lot of players have been fighting injuries of haven't played that many events.

"If you can start good and be really consistent, you can get far next year.

"I want to get back to top 10 and hopefully win another Grand Slam.

"I know I have potential to win some more."
http://onehd.com.au/onehd/newsarticl...-PAR-KQW17.htm

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #2369
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
New camp helps Ana Ivanovic end crisis of confidence, target slam title

* Glen Foreman
* December 30, 2010 2:23PM

Ana Ivanovic

COURT QUEEN: Former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic is preparing to launch her 2011 campaign at Perth's Hopman Cup. Picture: Kerris Berrington Source: PerthNow

THAT WINNING FEELING: Ana Ivanovic said a rediscovered confidence helped her take the Tournament of Champions title in Bali. Picture: Firdia Lisnawati/AP Source: PerthNow

A NEW team surrounding Ana Ivanovic ended a crisis of confidence for the former world No .1, who will this week launch her charge for another grand slam title.

Ivanovic will take to the court at Perth's Hopman Cup on Sunday, beginning her year alongside compatriot and long-time friend Novak Djokovic in a clash against Kazakhstan at the January 1-8 ITF mixed-teams tournament.

The match will be the first time Ivanovic has competed under the tutelage of trial coach Antonio van Grichen, who steered Belarusian Victoria Azarenka from world No. 250 to world No. 6.

An earlier addition to the Ivanovic camp was fitness coach Marija Lojanica.

The 2008 French Open champion, who went from a 2009 slump to winning two Tour titles this year, became philisophical when she talked about regaining her confidence on court, crediting her turnaround to her new band of helpers.

"Confidence ... it's a strange thing, because once you lose it, it's very hard to get it back," she said.

"At least in my case, I tried to search for it in many different fassions, places and people, but you realise that all the time it's in you, you just have to discover it.

"You have to believe in yourself first and that's what I was lacking, so to have that back, it's great.

"I got a few new coaches and a new team around me and it helped me get a lot fitter.

"I'm really happy with Antonio.

"We only started two or three weeks ago so it's still a process of getting to know each other and it's going to be great to test it throughout the matches and tournaments in pressure situations.

"But we've worked really hard and he got me to do a lot of specific drills, to hit the ball through and cleaner and it's working well and something I feel I need in my game.

"I did a lot of footwork drills to help me stay longer in the rallies and return more balls, which is always going to give you confidence.

"Once I got fitter, it gave me a lot more confidence on the court and I work really hard so all the things started to come together and it was no longer (a case of finding) the balance between my fitness and my game and my mental (focus)."

Ivanovic made a strong charge to the end of the season, winning two of her final three tournaments - in Linz, Austria and Bali, Indonesia - and making the quarter finals of the other< in Luxembourg.

The promising finish followed a struggled start, in which the 23-year-old fell in the second round of both the Australian and French opens and faltered in her first match at Wimbledon.

But Ivanovic began gaining momentum after the third slam and went on to reach the semi-finals of the Cincinnati Masters and the Round of 16 at the US Open, before beginning her charge to the year's end.

Ivanovic said she was keeping her goals realistic, simply targeting the second week of the four majors, but did not rule out a charge on another slam title.

"That's my goal, to get to the second week," Ivanovic said.

"I feel good about my game and my fitness at the moment but I just don't want to get too excited about the possibilities of how far I can get.

"It's important to set realistic goals, aim for the second week and take it day by day.

"I want to get back in the top 10 and win another slam.

"I was really fortunate in my career to have won a grand slam and reach No. 1 and that's something you never forget.

"If I had to choose, I would always choose a grand slam over the No. 1 ranking and I know I have the potential to get another one.

"I think I'm on the right way and I work really hard, but consistency is going to be the main thing because you have to perform good week after week and recover well, especially in a grand slam where you have to win seven matches.

"To be sharp and consistent is going to be the main issue."

Ivanovic, who teamed with Djokovic four years ago for her maiden Hopman Cup appearance, said she was looking forward to spending time with her childhood friend as the pair, runners-up in 2006, targeted one better this time around.

"Last time we were here, on New Years Eve, (Djokovic) got on stage and sung - hopefully he doesn't do anything embarrasing again," Ivanovic said, laughing.

"Last time we reached finals here and I think it's a great event to start with.

"It's tough this year, there's a lot of good players and I think it's going to be a great field.

"I think it's going to be great playing Justine (Henin), we always have tough matches and she's the sort of player who challenges you a lot and I really enjoy that.

"A lot of players use these first events to suss out the other players because it's been almost a month away from the Tour and everyone's done things in their own way."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...-1225978862650

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #2370
country flag gaviotabr

More articles about the presser.. there is a tiny thing different in each one:

Quote:
PREVIEW: Ivanovic seeks to stretch comeback into 2011

By Bill Scott Dec 30, 2010, 16:36 GMT

Perth, Australia - Four years of gentle persuasion from fellow Serb Novak Djokivic finally convinced Ana Ivanovic to return as a competitor at the Hopman Cup.

Former number one and 2008 Roland Garros champion Ivanovic said Thursday that after last playing the eight-nation mixed team event in 2006, she is pleased to be returning to Perth for the opening tune-up for the Australian Open.

'I'm very excited about this, coming here, there is a lot of potential to do really well,' said the 23-year-old, who ended a two-year trophy drought this past autumn with WTA victories in Linz and Bali.

'Novak has been asking me to come back ever since the first year we played here.'

Ivanovic is well used to summer condition in the southern hemisphere, arriving in Australia from Europe in time for Christmas with her parents. She and men's number three Djokovic teamed for Serbia in Perth five years ago, with Ivanovic winning two of her three singles matches in group play.

'There are lots of great players out there but it's been a little bit shaky, it's been up and down,' she said of a women's game currently without a dominating player with the decline of Serena Williams and number one Caroline Woznbiacki still without a Grand Slam crown.

'A lot of players have been fighting injuries and haven't played that many events, so I think if you can start good and be consistent you can get really far next year.'

With her ranking having risen to 17th after sinking to 68th in the years since her Paris Grand Slam title, Ivanovic feels poised for a rebirth in the sport. 'I want to get back to the top ten and hopefully win another slam,' she said.

'Winning a Grand Slam is something I can never forget. If I had to choose I would always choose a Grand Slam over number one ranking. I have potential to win some more and it would be a good start next year.

'I think I'm on the right way,' added the player who took on a new coach in the WTA off season, 'I work really hard but consistency is the main thing. You have to perform good week after week and also match after match.

'You have to recover well and then get your game up because you have lots of tough opponents. In a Grand Slam you have to win seven matches and there are no easy matches anymore - from the first round on you get tough opponents.'

Ivanovic showed her potential in the 2008 Australian Open, where she reached the final four months before winning Paris. But with her post-Paris form drop, she only managed the third round in 2009 and the second round a year ago at Melbourne Park.

'My goal now is to get to the second week (of a Slam). I feel good about my game and my fitness at the moment but I just don't want to get too excited about the possibilities or how far I can get.

'It's very important to just set realistic goals and aim for the second week, then take it day by day. I think it's all about confidence.'

Perth play begins on New Year's day with Australia (Lleyton Hewitt and Alicia Molik) facing Belgium with seven-time Grand Slam winner Justine Henin
and Ruben Bemelmans.
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...back-into-2011