~Ana's articles~ - Page 157 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #2341
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Yes! She has almost a month to get accustomed to the heat! Stay focused and continue to work hard Ana!

doni1212 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #2342
country flag soul

soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold

Why her racket doesnot have YONEX mark
soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #2343
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul View Post
Why her racket doesnot have YONEX mark
Because she probably took one of her practice racquets for the photoshoot. Ana and every other player only stencil racquets for matches. So when they are going through an only practice period, like during off season, they often don't have stencils on their racquets. But don't worry.. Yonex is Ana's racquet sponsor until, at the very least, December 2011.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #2344
country flag rochelle100

rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light rochelle100 is a glorious beacon of light

Ana was this week interviewed by Montreal newspaper 24 Heures.

The following is an extract from the interview transcript:

Q. What are your plans for next year? Reach the Top 10? Win a Grand Slam or become #1 again?
A. For me, winning a Grand Slam is always the priority. Of course, I would love to be No.1 again, but my main goal for next season is to win another Grand Slam. It’s going to be very tough but I believe I can do it.

Q. What did you change in your game to have success again?

A. I think the most important thing was that I was able to relax and not be so stressed. Before, I was putting so much pressure on myself. I was tense on the court and not enjoying my tennis. But when I started relaxing, the results started to come. I also really improved my fitness after Wimbledon, and that was huge. I could stay in the rallies much longer, and that gave me a lot of confidence. That was definitely missing from my game during the first part of the season.

Q. Would you say that win your first Grand Slam title and becoming world #1 at the same time put too much pression on your shoulders?

A. In some ways yes and in other ways no. I didn’t expect it to happen so soon, and in some ways I wasn’t ready for the extra pressure. I felt like I kind of had a target on my back, because everybody has extra motivation to beat the No.1-ranked player, and they don’t have anything to lose. I didn’t realise it would be like that, and my mistake was that, together with my coaches, we thought we had to do more, to go to an even higher level, and along the way we forgot the things that got me to the top. The thumb injury also came at a very unfortunate time, and it all combined to bring me down.

But I prefer to look forwards now! Those times are behind me, and I am a big believer in “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”
See More
rochelle100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #2345
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Ana is pointed out as the one to watch in a Los Angeles Times preview of sports in 2011.

Old Dec 26th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #2346
country flag gaviotabr

Anything of notice? I need to learn serbian...

Old Dec 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #2347
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

you do need to learn Serbian! Then you can translate all these articles immediately

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #2348
country flag soul

soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold soul is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Because she probably took one of her practice racquets for the photoshoot. Ana and every other player only stencil racquets for matches. So when they are going through an only practice period, like during off season, they often don't have stencils on their racquets. But don't worry.. Yonex is Ana's racquet sponsor until, at the very least, December 2011.
Thank u so much..............
soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #2349
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Anything of notice? I need to learn serbian...

i believe this is the translation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle100 View Post
Ana was this week interviewed by Montreal newspaper 24 Heures.

The following is an extract from the interview transcript:

Q. What are your plans for next year? Reach the Top 10? Win a Grand Slam or become #1 again?
A. For me, winning a Grand Slam is always the priority. Of course, I would love to be No.1 again, but my main goal for next season is to win another Grand Slam. It’s going to be very tough but I believe I can do it.

Q. What did you change in your game to have success again?

A. I think the most important thing was that I was able to relax and not be so stressed. Before, I was putting so much pressure on myself. I was tense on the court and not enjoying my tennis. But when I started relaxing, the results started to come. I also really improved my fitness after Wimbledon, and that was huge. I could stay in the rallies much longer, and that gave me a lot of confidence. That was definitely missing from my game during the first part of the season.

Q. Would you say that win your first Grand Slam title and becoming world #1 at the same time put too much pression on your shoulders?

A. In some ways yes and in other ways no. I didn’t expect it to happen so soon, and in some ways I wasn’t ready for the extra pressure. I felt like I kind of had a target on my back, because everybody has extra motivation to beat the No.1-ranked player, and they don’t have anything to lose. I didn’t realise it would be like that, and my mistake was that, together with my coaches, we thought we had to do more, to go to an even higher level, and along the way we forgot the things that got me to the top. The thumb injury also came at a very unfortunate time, and it all combined to bring me down.

But I prefer to look forwards now! Those times are behind me, and I am a big believer in “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”
See More
the serbian article is probably the translation of the canadian one.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #2350
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

It is the translation of the canadian article,just first part of that interview is missing.
She said it many times before but becoming No1 and everything that happened after that was too much for Ana.She will never forget that:"I didn't expect that this (GS title and No1) will happen so fast and i wasn't ready for that "extra pressure". I had impression that i have a target on my back because everyone has the extra motivation to beat No1 and that they have nothing to lose. I was wrong, i made mistake, because, along with my coaches, i thought that i should do even more,to move into higher level,and so we forget all those things that led me to the top. Thumb injury came at the bad moment and all this together led to my falling in the ranking.But i believe what doesn't kill you-makes you stronger."
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #2351
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i believe this is the translation:

the serbian article is probably the translation of the canadian one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
It is the translation of the canadian article,just first part of that interview is missing.
She said it many times before but becoming No1 and everything that happened after that was too much for Ana.She will never forget that:"I didn't expect that this (GS title and No1) will happen so fast and i wasn't ready for that "extra pressure". I had impression that i have a target on my back because everyone has the extra motivation to beat No1 and that they have nothing to lose. I was wrong, i made mistake, because, along with my coaches, i thought that i should do even more,to move into higher level,and so we forget all those things that led me to the top. Thumb injury came at the bad moment and all this together led to my falling in the ranking.But i believe what doesn't kill you-makes you stronger."
Thanks guys!

Sorry for the double posting!

Old Dec 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #2352
country flag Marchino!

Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice Marchino! is just really nice

I didn't know where I could post it because I can't open a thread...
So here is her 2011 schedule...

Hyundai Hopman Cup January 1 – 9, 2011
* Perth, Australia
* Tier: International
* Prize Money: $220,000
* Draw size: 8
* Surface: Hard/Outdoors

Medibank International Sydney January 9 – 15, 2011
* Sydney, Australia
* Tier: Premier
* Prize Money: $618,000
* Draw size: 30

Australian Open January 17 – 29, 2011
* Melbourne, Australia
* Tier: Grand Slam
* Prize Money: $9,264,098
* Draw size: 128

PTT Pattaya Open February 7 – 13, 2011
* Pattaya, Thailand
* Tier: International
* Prize Money: $220,000
* Draw size: 32

Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships February 14 – 19, 2011
* Dubai, United Arab Emirates
* Prize Money: $2,050,000
* Draw size: 56

Qatar Ladies Open 2011 February 21 – 27, 2011
* Doha, Qatar
* Prize Money: $721,000
* Draw size: 28

BNP Paribas Open March 9 – 20, 2011
* Indian Wells, USA
* Prize Money: $4,500,000
* Draw size: 96

Sony Ericsson Open March 23 – April 2, 2010

* Miami, USA
* Draw size: 96

Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open April 30 – May 8, 2011

* Madrid, Spain
* Draw size: 60
* Surface: Red Clay/Outdoors

Internazionali BNL d’Italia May 9 – 15, 2010

* Rome, Italy
* Prize Money: $2,000,000

Roland Garros May 22 – June 4, 2011

* Paris, France
* Prize Money: $9,938,926

The Championships, Wimbledon June 20 – July 2, 2011

* London, United Kingdom
* Prize Money: $9,781,631
* Surface: Grass/Outdoors

Mercury Insurance Open August 1 – 7, 2011

* San Diego, USA
* Prize Money: $721,000
* Draw size: 32

Rogers Cup presented by National Bank August 8 – 14, 2011

* Toronto, Canada

Western & Southern Financial Group Women’s Open August 15 – 21, 2011

* Cincinnati, USA

US Open August 29 – September 10, 2011

* New York, USA
* Prize Money: $10,258,000

Toray Pan Pacific Open September 25 – October 1, 2010

* Tokyo, Japan

China Open October 1 – 9, 2010

* Beijing, China
* Draw size: 60
Marchino! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2353
country flag andrijagajic

andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all andrijagajic is a name known to all

Hopefully she wins a GS title, I think she really deserves it....
andrijagajic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #2354
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Real TOP10 schedule , I like It

Pattaya is only MM (I guess she will also ask WC for UNICEF Open and tank 2nd round match there) and that is good choice (she never before compete in Thailand).
Ana obviously will not play FED CUP match against Canada in february, but that big pause between Miami and Madrid is sure sign that she is ready to play for Serbia in 2011 once again after Hopman Cup.
There is nothing after Beijing, even her beloved Linz, which means that she very seriously calculate her chances to play YEC Istanbul next season (which is also good sign for me).
Also, I hope that after good run in Cincinnati Ana will find way to w/o from Rogers Cup next season even if that will coast her good result at USO Series (and for that USO bonus). After everything which is happen this summer in that ugly WC episode she should to escape that event at lest for once again, especially if she back TOP10 status before August.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #2355
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to see Ana play Montreal next year, but she shouldn't skip Toronto. While it is technically the same tournament (Rogers Cup), the Toronto people had nothing to do with Montreal's decision. Toronto has a different tournament director and different organizers. In fact, from everything I heard, they didn't even agree with Montreal's decision and would've had given Ana a WC if it was in Toronto. Montreal and Toronto are very different from each other.