~Ana's articles~ - Page 154 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #2296
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
Heinz has already stated he didn't want to be with Ana full time, thus he didn't want to spend the off-season with her. I don't blame Ana for taking her time. It's better to get it right than rush and get it wrong like they did with Kardon. I don't think being without a coach is going to kill her. Didn't effect her in Linz and Bali. Plus, she isn't in a slump like the past two off-seasons.

I am not sure how Ana wanting to improve an extra 2-3% means she has a big ego either. That doesn't make any sense. What do you guys want her to say, "I don't want to improve at all"? I think Ana is saying and doing all the right things.
Oh Curtis... you got absolutely everything wrong.

First of all... it's one thing to be coachless at the end of the playing season, when you are already on a rhythm, and playing under the influence of your old coach. It's a whole other thing to spend a month and a half alone, getting into a new rhythm, trying to improve your game, working on your shots, without a proper tennis coach to give you feed back. More often than not you will be doing the wrong things and instead of improving, you are likely to regress.

I do agree it's better to take her time than to choose the wrong coach.. but she could very well have reach a short term agreement with Heinz. He never stated he didn't want to spend the off season with her and I very much doubt he would refuse to train her if she were to be most of the off season in Switzerland, for an example. He didn't want to be with her 40 weeks during the year.. but that has nothing to do with not being with her during off season..

And about the 2-3% quote.. what Jelena meant is that there is much more than that separating Ana from being a real top player.. she is putting herself in a position she is not in yet.. that's actually dangerous... there is much more hard work to do and steps to climb than what she is saying for her to contend for slams and be at the top.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #2297
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post

And about the 2-3% quote.. what Jelena meant is that there is much more than that separating Ana from being a real top player.. she is putting herself in a position she is not in yet.. that's actually dangerous... there is much more hard work to do and steps to climb than what she is saying for her to contend for slams and be at the top.
I was trying to write a post and explain myself better but you already did it for me.That`s exactly what i meant
Thank you Izzy
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #2298
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think both wanted to continue to work together.. but Heinz told Ana he would only do it if she were to accept him being around only part time, 20 weeks a year. So they didn't get to an agreement and decided mutally to part ways. I'm sure they could have got into an agreement for Ana to stay with him until she could find someone else though. Marija or not, being another whole off season without a proper tennis coach is suicidal. And not only because she will be throwing the off season down the drain.. but because she will get a coach in the middle of the playing season and get used to a style of coaching, new ideas, new everything while playing tournaments. That's another problem. Just stupid decision making.
Well,once again I'll PARTLY agree with you...but,for ME,the only stupid part was where Ana didn't search more agressively before Heinz left.I suspect that Ana thought she could persuade him to stay if she pleaded strongly enough...and you are ASSUMING that Heinz would've come back under certain conditions.That's possible,but I haven't seen any evidence of that...what aye HAVE seen are several statements from Heinz which indicate that he really wanted all his freetime back

I think you're exaggerating with terms like 'suicidal' and 'throwing away' the off-season....I understand why you're worried b/c Ana's last 2 off-seasons were absolutely abysmal---and that's just her preparation,not even counting the slimy company she kept...and I agree that being coachless definitely could hinder Ana's achieving ideal results...but I believe that her sincere love for tennis,desire to succeed,and companionship with Marija will keep Ana from derailing as she did the past two Januarys....Hopefully she'll get a good coach ASAP,yet she won't sink into an abyss prior to finding one

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM   #2299
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Australia: December Isuue

The magazine cover in HQ can be found here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1830

Back to her Best

After a baffling two years in which she struggled to string consecutive wins together, former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic looks set to return to top form in time for the Australian summer. By Barry Wood

She’s back, and it’s great to see. Ana Ivanovic, who ranks alongside Kim Clijsters as the most popular player on the WTA tour, has, it seems, put more than two years of a baffling mediocrity behind her and she is once again notching up the victories.

She ended this season by winning 10 of her last 11 matches, claiming titles in Linz and Bali – an impressive turnaround by a player who, two years after winning the French Open and ascending to world No. 1, had seen her ranking sink to 65. She was, it seemed, going nowhere.

There were the occasional decent tournaments, such as Brisbane, Rome and Cincinnati this year where she reached the semi-finals, but there were far more events where her results were disappointing.

Her decline was particularly painful to witness, because she is universally liked for her always-present smile and the same down-to-earth personality she had when she announced her arrival as a 16 year old back in 2004. It was then that, ranked 156, she qualified in Zurich and upset world No. 29 Tatiana Golovin by fighting back from 1-5 in the final set, saving match points, and then stretched Venus Williams by holding five set points in the opening set and three in the second before conceding in two tiebreaks. Eyebrows were raised and a star was born.

With her model girl looks, as well as spectacular on-court talent, she went on to become one of the pin-ups of the game, and with her 2008 victory at Roland Garros the world was at her feet. But then, unexpectedly, the results stopped coming. At the US Open that year she lost to an opponent ranked 188, and although she won Linz a few weeks later she suffered an increasing number of early defeats. The worst moment, she says, came at the 2009 US Open when she fell to Kateryna Bondarenko.

“It was the first time I had lost in the first round of a Grand Slam, and also I had a match point,” she said. “In my career, usually I was the one saving match points and going on to win. It was a very unpleasant experience, not using my opportunity. It took me a while to get over that one.”

So what had gone wrong?

“I got to number one and I thought, ‘This is great and I have to play even better to improve’, and I started changing my technique and the way I was working,” she said. “Obviously I was doing something right (to win Roland Garros and get to world No. 1) but I felt I could still improve. I got very motivated and excited and wanted to get better and improve those few little things. I thought I could get my volleys a little bit better, my serve more powerful, and you get consumed by that and I got carried away a little bit.

“It wasn’t good because I had a certain rhythm and I lost that, and then a few injuries crept in and then you lose matches you expect to win. That was hard and I took it very personally and was very hard on myself and brought myself down.”

She got to the stage where she was unable to put back-to-back wins together at many of the tournaments she played, at eight events in 2009 and an embarrassing 13 in 2010. Despite being a former champion at the Canadian Open, she was turned back when she requested a wildcard.

Things were grim. But a spark was lit in Beijing in October, when Ivanovic defeated Elena Dementieva to reach the quarter-finals. She lost then to Caroline Wozniacki, a win that took the Dane to world No. 1, but she was thrilled with the way her week had gone.

Keen to maintain her momentum, when the call came from Linz for her to replace the injured Serena Williams she was happy to step in, and even happier at week’s end to claim her first title since winning there two years before. Understandably weary after playing four straight weeks she then lost in the Luxembourg quarter-finals, but she closed out the year with some brilliant performances in Bali that earned her another title.

Many had given her up after two years of indifferent results, but she could hardly have played any better in the past few weeks and she is clearly a force once more. While others doubted, did she think she could get her game back again?

“I did have doubts,” she admits, “because even though I have a lot of belief in myself you need to prove it to yourself on the court. During the toughest moments my team always believed in me and that was important. They believed in me maybe even more than I believed in myself. They didn’t have any doubts, and that gave me confidence.

“I’m still not there yet. It is a gradual process and I need to achieve a lot more consistency to get back to the top, but having more wins under your belt helps build your confidence. It’s a long process and at one point I wasn’t really aware of that. I wanted to have results and get back to the top straight away, but sometimes it takes longer than you anticipate. It was a big thing for me to realise it takes time and you have to be patient.

“But now I feel very confident about my game and my fitness. I feel my game is getting close to where it used to be and I’m even more aggressive, and experience-wise. I’m much more mature and a more complete player now.”

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...magazine-cover
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:58 AM   #2300
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

From Thailand's newspaper The Nation:

So.. I guess this is official confirmation. Gotta like how, even though they announce other players, the headline is for Ana!

Old Dec 4th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #2301
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds kinda odd. It's like she's playing everything now.
Played all tournaments till the end of the year since Seoul (except for Doha)
And for next year it's:

Hopman Cup
Sydney
AO
Pattaya
Dubai

and then finally some rest?

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #2302
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
This sounds kinda odd. It's like she's playing everything now.
Played all tournaments till the end of the year since Seoul (except for Doha)
And for next year it's:

Hopman Cup
Sydney
AO
Pattaya
Dubai

and then finally some rest?
I think it looks like she is playing much becauseshe barely played at all the last couple of years.. but it's not much different from what she used to do. I mean.. she is just replacing Fed Cup with Pattaya.

Take 2008, for an example:

Hong Kong
Sydney
AO
Fed Cup
Doha
Dubai

It's the same.

Ana did play a lot of tournaments at the end of the year, but I think she had top 20 in sight and wanted to play tennis.. she finally had the desire. At the end of 2008 she played almost as many tournaments:

Tokyo
Beijing
Moscow
Zurich
Linz
Doha

I think they know what they are doing. After Doha, Ana will have 2 weeks off before IW.

Old Dec 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #2303
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

glad to see Sydney again, the schedule looks nice to me, although the flight from Pattaya to Dubai is a long one, as Vera found out earlier this year. Final on one day, match in Dubai the next.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #2304
country flag Mihaela

Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.72...uzuju-salataru
Mihaela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #2305
country flag Mihaela

Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice Mihaela is just really nice

or google translate:

http://translate.google.com/translat...uzuju-salataru
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #2306
country flag Mihaela

about Fed Cup:

http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Flang%3Dlat
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #2307
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadunja View Post
First of all, tanks for the articles anadunja!

Now back the the article itself.. I swear I'm trying to search for positives, but this off season already looks like a total disaster. Did she spend 2 weeks only doing fitness work? Or did she only start the preparations last monday? Either way.. if she is to start tennis this monday, she will only have 3 weeks to practice before the start of the season.. after being 4 weeks without tennis. That's so not enough..

The coaching situation is a complete mess.. so everyone she really wanted to work with was either taken or wouldn't travel full time. Now she is stuck with working with someone she doesn't respect or admire as much in the first place. Did they take too long to search that everyone was already taken? Couldn't they make a great, hard to refuse offer? Couldn't she reach a co-coaching agreement.. someone to travel with her full time and then a big shot she admires and wants to work with coming along part time to enhance her practices? It sems like any decision she makes will be far from ideal.

The auditions thing is even more weird.. great to test oiut coaches, but she only has 3 weeks to practice, all the time while listening to different coaching styles and advices? Confusion much?And I fear the names of those candidates...

There is no plan, no structure, no organization, bad decision making.. just a mess. Disaster in the making.

Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #2308
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadunja View Post
Oh.. poor Dejan.. I'm not sure if he is just that much clueless and powerless or if he is just trying his best to make things seem all right.

I mean.. him saying Ana can still play Fed Cup and it's normal to fly from Australia to Serbia to Thailand in the span of days is hilarious.. but what's even more hilarious is him trying to make it seem like there are no problems within the team and that there is great team spirit. Gotta laugh out loud.. big fail!

He can wait for Ana laying down, no way she plays the february tie. What he should do is to employ his best tactics of damage control to try to bring Ana in for April. But for that he needs to get out of denial!

Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #2309
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all, tanks for the articles anadunja!

Now back the the article itself.. I swear I'm trying to search for positives, but this off season already looks like a total disaster. Did she spend 2 weeks only doing fitness work? Or did she only start the preparations last monday? Either way.. if she is to start tennis this monday, she will only have 3 weeks to practice before the start of the season.. after being 4 weeks without tennis. That's so not enough..
That's actually what a lot of players do, Stosur hasn't been doing anything until this, she was talking about starting her preparations this week. So I think the amount of time playing tennis is fine, it's just the time will be spent 'coaching' herself. So it'll be just pointless hitting...

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #2310
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana will be fine. She is playing well and she will have a big 2011 regardless of how her off-season goes. I really do think you are making too much out of all of this. Would it be better to have a coach with her now? Yes, but I honestly don't believe it's going do knock her down again.