~Ana's articles~ - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #2266
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Izzy is Anapolis' own database/search engine. She's better than google!
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #2267
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
It seems Ana is one of the most admired personalities by serbian teens:

http://www.mondo.rs/s189024/Hronika_...njoskolci.html
Unfortunately, this is results of study from 2008 when Ana's popularity is on peak. In 2009-2010 she is for sure not 3rd most common model for Serbian high school students (more likely she is just 3rd most popular Serbian tennis player here ) thanks to Ana slump, some kind of malicious anti-Ana campaign there and also thanks to some ugly notable trends in Serbian youth generations (especially that part which following sports more intensive) in last two years. But lets hope that 2011 will be year of Ana Ivanovic big comeback and also year of big comeback of true values for Serbian teens (which Ana so classy personalized)

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #2268
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

ughh people should support their players through good and bad, not get on the train when they're doing good and jump off when they get a slump

im happy i became a ana fan when she was actually in her slump as it makes me appreciate her more when she plays well!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #2269
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

According to todays "Vecernje Novosti" interview Ana will probably watch (from VIP box seats ) in Belgrade SRB-FRA Davis Cup final during 1st week of december. Here is Google/My translation of this serbian article:
Quote:
Ivanovic: We will win the Davis Cup!
N. MANDRAPA | 15 November 2010. 20:47
Ana announced the arrival in Belgrade on Serbia-France tennis showdown. This is the biggest tennis event in our history, says Ana

Whole Serbia will be with Novak Djokovic and his teamates in the final showdown of Davis Cup, including Ana Ivanovic. Former Roland Garros champion and former queen of the WTA list told for "Novosti" that our team has nothing to fear in a duel with France, which is scheduled from 3 to 5 December at the Belgrade Arena.
- It is, obviously, the biggest tennis event in the history of our country. I sincerely hope I will be able to organize my obligations and be in Belgrade in early December in order to cheering in live our team. I am friend with all four players (Serbian DC team), which makes this match even more exciting for me - said Ana.

Our player is confident that Serbia has everything which need to reach Davis Cup title.
- Definitely we have the quality to beat France. They are a strong team with a coach who is experienced and former successful professional. But we are strong, and home advantage this time should mean a lot to us.

The atmosphere in the Belgrade Arena was something which Ana has good knowledge from own experience.
- I remember many matches in our largest hall in the past, especially basketball duels. There was great cheering, and I am sure that this time the atmosphere will be amazing and the audience will help Serbia to reach a great victory.

Before she take her VIP place in Belgrade Arena, Ivanovic will have a short, but not so "sweet" holiday. She look forward to back on court very soon.
- I'm back my self-confidence, and tennis is more fun when you are confident in your game. Now the rest and then start practicing for next season. I can not wait Melbourne! Home will not last long, but I find it difficult to totally exclude: I am very active, and some may call me crazy, but I can't wait start of hard physical work in upcoming preparation period - says Ivanovic.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)

Last edited by Cp6uja : Nov 16th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #2270
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

French newspaper Le 10 Sport writes a whole page article to associate Ana's slump to having a boyfriend!

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #2271
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
French newspaper Le 10 Sport writes a whole page article to associate Ana's slump to having a boyfriend!
I wanted to read that article but after you wrote what it is about,no thanks
You know Ana is not slumping anymore so i don`t need to read articles like these
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2272
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well,it most certainly wasn't the root cause or even the main factor....but the second shitbag definitely made a MAJOR contribution to the slump(I wouldn't give Nando too much blame at all)....It defies all logic to call it coincidence when Ana's level of play got so much worse in the Swishy Dickhead Era---and started improving pretty much right after he was dumped......Still,like our Jelena says,no point in re-living the slump when Ana's on the verge of re-entering the top 10

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #2273
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this article on serbian Vecerni Novosti (google translation):

Quote:
Who is going to do with Anna?
N. M. | 18 November 2010. 20:47 | Comments: 0

Ivanovic still in the intensive search for a permanent coach. Applicants: Najcel Sears, Tom Gulikson or Van Lotum

Tomatoes in the person already got Dutch coach Jon Van Lotum, although it has not really sat on the bench of Ana Ivanovic. Young professional originally from Madagascar, one of the candidates to succeed Heinz Gintarda, namely, no not please fans of the former Queen's Army Open. Especially after his public statements at the expense of Serbs.

- Ana has the talent to dominate women's tennis for many years, but it has not seen the field. I want to help her, but I want to lead the team. I will agree to collect the ball - said Van Lotum.

He was supported by compatriot Sven Grunefeld, the former Anne's coach, who is also the "black list" of supporters Ivanovic.

- As soon as someone recommended Grunefeld, means that it is a bad choice. Grunefeldu, get away! Van Lotum? Who is it? Dutchman Krajicek destroyed Mihaela! His greatest success in his career was the defeat of Lleyton Hewitt - just some of the "fiercest" message to Anne's website.

However, the continued pursuit of the seventh coach of Ana Ivanovic in her career after Vranes, Cooks, Taylor, Grunefelda, Cardona and Gintarda. Currently the only option in three names: Nigel Sears, Tom Gulikson or already mentioned Jon van Lotum.

Nigel SIRS
Fed Cup coach of Great Britain, he worked with Daniel Hantuhovom
Chance: 50%

Tom GULKINSON
Worked with Jennifer Capriati, a U.S. Davis Cup coach, the coach of Sampras and Agassi at the Olympics
30% chance

JON VAN LOTUM
Worked with Michael Krajicek, Tim de Baker and Elena Dementieva
Chance: 20%
http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.72...a-radi-sa-Anom

Are these really the only options? And how did they get to these percentages?

Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2274
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Izzy,I'm not very knowledgeable about coaches,but I can see why folks frown on Sears and especially Van Lottum....yet would Gullikson really be such a bad choice?What would be the major drawbacks to choosing Gullikson??Not that Ana should limit herself to only those choices,but wouldn't you consider him the best of the three?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #2275
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Izzy,I'm not very knowledgeable about coaches,but I can see why folks frown on Sears and especially Van Lottum....yet would Gullikson really be such a bad choice?What would be the major drawbacks to choosing Gullikson??Not that Ana should limit herself to only those choices,but wouldn't you consider him the best of the three?
Yes.. I would consider him the best option there, at least at first sight.. but he doesn't have big experience with WTA players either. He coached Capriati in a USTA player development programme.. it wasn't a normal player-coach relationship.

At the same time, he is american.. I tend to think Ana has a more european style of tennis that doesn't really match the american style of coaching.. but that is a particular perception of mine, that might be wrong.

Anyway.. isn't anybody better available? Gullikson definitely seems like the best among these 3, but he is thought to have less chances than Nigel Sears.. I wonder why is that..

Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #2276
country flag liztennis

liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice liztennis is just really nice

In my opinion i would rather see ana with antonio van grichen
liztennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #2277
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes.. I would consider him the best option there, at least at first sight.. but he doesn't have big experience with WTA players either. He coached Capriati in a USTA player development programme.. it wasn't a normal player-coach relationship.

At the same time, he is american.. I tend to think Ana has a more european style of tennis that doesn't really match the american style of coaching.. but that is a particular perception of mine, that might be wrong.

Anyway.. isn't anybody better available? Gullikson definitely seems like the best among these 3, but he is thought to have less chances than Nigel Sears.. I wonder why is that..
I have the same one...I don't think an American coach is right for her.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #2278
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:

I have no idea where they found these names.
At the percentage
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #2279
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

How are none of you laughing at this:

Quote:
Tomatoes in the person already got Dutch coach Jon Van Lotum, although it has not really sat on the bench of Ana Ivanovic. Young professional originally from Madagascar, one of the candidates to succeed Heinz Gintarda, namely, no not please fans of the former Queen's Army Open. Especially after his public statements at the expense of Serbs.
Quote:
- As soon as someone recommended Grunefeld, means that it is a bad choice. Grunefeldu, get away! Van Lotum? Who is it? Dutchman Krajicek destroyed Mihaela! His greatest success in his career was the defeat of Lleyton Hewitt - just some of the "fiercest" message to Anne's website.
Do us fans have THAT much influence on the media
hahaha, maybe it's just the translation but geez I nearly died reading that
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #2280
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

too good. Angry fans keeping him away

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote