~Ana's articles~ - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #151
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Short interview with Ana
http://www.blic.rs/zabava.php?id=85597
I`ll translate
She still wants to achive many things in tennis ,and she think she will retire when she is 31 years old
She wants to have at least 3 kids
Monica Seles called her to congratulate her when she won RG
She likes basketball and she is a fan of Partizan(Serbian basketball team) like her brother and father
She and Nadal don`t live in the same neighborhood
jelenacg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #152
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

wow, thats a lot of random info. i always wondered if she talked to Seles.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #153
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
Hi Jonny Yes pretty random But nice to hear Monica called her, that's so nice of her (does Monica have her phone number then?)
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #154
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
Me too
Monica
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #155
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
Short interview with Ana
http://www.blic.rs/zabava.php?id=85597
I`ll translate
She still wants to achive many things in tennis ,and she think she will retire when she is 31 years old
She wants to have at least 3 kids
Monica Seles called her to congratulate her when she won RG
She likes basketball and she is a fan of Partizan(Serbian basketball team) like her brother and father
She and Nadal don`t live in the same neighborhood
Thanks Jelena!

Really nice to know that she talked to Seles. I'm sure it was something special for Ana.

About Mallorca.. Nadal lives in Manacor, which is a like a small city inside of Mallorca.. a bit more than an actual neighbourhood. In Spain, it's called pueblo. Ana has her house in Son Vida, I believe.. which is actually a neighbourhood. So yes.. they don't live in the same area of the city.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #156
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Thanks Jelena!

Really nice to know that she talked to Seles. I'm sure it was something special for Ana.

About Mallorca.. Nadal lives in Manacor, which is a like a small city inside of Mallorca.. a bit more than an actual neighbourhood. In Spain, it's called pueblo. Ana has her house in Son Vida, I believe.. which is actually a neighbourhood. So yes.. they don't live in the same area of the city.
Wow how do you know all of this Isabela? Pueblo means child in spanish right?
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #157
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
she think she will retire when she is 31 years old
will we be able to handle being her fan for 10 more years

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
Hi Jonny )
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #158
country flag jelenacg

Quote:
Thanks Jelena!

Izzy you know everything
They heard Nadal was her neighbor and they asked would she invite him for a cup of coffee
Pueblo is something like a village i think
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #159
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
Wow how do you know all of this Isabela? Pueblo means child in spanish right?
I have many spanish friends, with whom I've learned a lot.. about Spain and the language itself.

Pueblo, as Jelena says, means village.

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #160
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Izzy you know everything
They heard Nadal was her neighbor and they asked would she invite him for a cup of coffee
Pueblo is something like a village i think
I don't know half of what I wish I knew.. but I have a very good memory, so I can probably recall anything that crosses my eyes..

And you are right.. pueblo is like a village.

Old Mar 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #161
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Jelena!

About Mallorca.. Nadal lives in Manacor, which is a like a small city inside of Mallorca.. a bit more than an actual neighbourhood. Ana has her house in Son Vida, I believe.. which is actually a neighbourhood. So yes.. they don't live in the same area of the city.
It's a moot point b/c I'd say that Ana will smile for those photo-ops,but she knows better than to trust some slimy playboy who flirts aggressively with her while he SUPPOSEDLY has a steady gf for whom he cares...according to his worshippers.Ana can figure out easily enough,'Why should I think that he'd ever be faithful to ME,either?'If she CAN'T figure that out,well...then she's gonna have a boatload of man problems ahead....Nice to hear that Seles and Ana seem to have a friendship of sorts.I've always wondered what Monica WOULD have done w/o that maricon aleman stabbing her.If it had happened in Mexico,we could have stormed the jail and lynched his ass...AFTER we had stoned him

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #162
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

Serbs are dreaming Ceca and Ana

In a large survey of public opinion that the "Alo" and "TNS Medium Gallup" conducted on the sexual habits of the Serbs, as the first in the list of those that he would prefer to spend the night, found the folk singer Svetlana Raznatovic Ceca.

Ana Ivanovic took second place.

AnaIvanovic:
- I am very honored choice. Every woman likes to get to compliment your look, so it is nice to hear. But do not take such comments seriously, and definitely do not see themselves that way. It's good when you know that people support and monitor your game in tennis. When the word is most attractive about the Serbs, it is difficult to choose because this country is full of handsome men.
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #163
country flag bad_angel_109

bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute

wow tnx for the article. woot, go ana!

twitter
AO pics on tumblr
bad_angel_109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #164
country flag jelenacg

Since it`s ALO i`m not sure Ana even said something about that
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM   #165
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Society and Style (Vanity Fair)

Ana Ivanovic Discusses Life on the Tennis Tour
by Jessica Flint
March 30, 2009, 12:02 PM

Professional tennis players might lead the ultimate jet-set life. From Sydney’s Australian Open (instead Melbourne ), in January, to New York City’s U.S. Open, which ends in September, the men and women on the tennis tour globe-trot from one fabulous locale to another, hitting tournaments in cosmopolitan cities such as Paris, London, Madrid, Berlin, Los Angeles, Beijing, Tokyo, Moscow, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, and Shanghai. But it’s not all fun and games. Toting a tennis bag around the planet is hard work! Just ask 21-year-old Ana Ivanovic, a former world No. 1 player, who is currently ranked seventh on the Sony Ericsson W.T.A. Tour. The six-foot-one-inch Serbian stunner swung by the Vanity Fair offices when she blew through New York City on her way to Las Vegas before heading to California’s Indian Wells tournament, and then to Miami’s Sony Ericsson Open. Herewith, she reveals what it’s like traveling for work.

VF Daily: What’s your week-to-week schedule like on the professional women’s tour?

Ana Ivanovic: It’s lots of traveling. We are constantly on planes. Obviously sometimes it can get hard because we live basically from suitcases, and it’s constant moving and changing. But I enjoy it.

Do you get to play tourist in the places you visit, or are you focused only on your tennis game?

Even though it’s pretty intense—most of what we see is the tennis club and the hotel—I try to stay a couple days extra and visit. For example, when I was in China, it was great to go to the Great Wall of China, Summer Palace, and the Forbidden City. The culture is so different, and it’s great to explore and learn more about it. I feel very fortunate to be doing what I’m doing. I love to travel and see different cultures and meet different people.

Have you been to New York City other than during the U.S. Open?

This is my first time in New York during this time of year, which is great to see because we are always here in August. It’s a completely different perception of New York. During the Open it’s pretty intense for the full two weeks, and we don’t get a chance to see much or do much. This time, for a couple days, it was fun to do some stuff because I’m more relaxed. I’m ready to take some time off and come here for a week, because there are so many things to see and explore and visit.

As a tennis spectator, I, for one, always look forward to the chicken Caesar-salad wraps at the U.S. Open. Are there things about the cities you play in that you look forward to?

In every city, I try to make myself feel [at] home. We travel so much, so we don’t get a chance to spend a lot of time at home. Every city and every tournament you play, you try to find something that makes you feel comfortable. In L.A., I always look forward to going to Sushi Fusion. And Nobu I love, so in New York or Miami or Malibu (instead Melbourne ), I go there. I have relatives in Malibu, so I always look forward to going to visit them. In Rome, I love going to the Vatican, and going on very nice walks in the city.

What is the most memorable court that you’ve played on?

I love the French Open. It’s the first Grand Slam that I won. Ever since I played juniors there, I loved the facilities. It’s so special for me, and I think it always will be. Then again, I love playing in Australia ... just playing Grand Slams and being on Center Court! Every Grand Slam has something special about it. It’s hard to distinguish what it is. It’s a different feel. It’s great to have an opportunity to play in different cities for different audiences.

What’s the difference between non–Grand Slam tournaments? Say, Indian Wells and Miami?

Miami is always fun. The tournament is always so busy. Indian Wells is so quiet and relaxed, and the hotel is close to the club and you just practice and go back and forth. But Miami is so hectic. So many more people, so many more things happening. It’s completely different. From Indian Wells to Miami, it’s like, Wow. I need one day to sit back and absorb all of this.

What was it like growing up in Serbia?

In Belgrade, in Serbia, I grew up playing in a swimming pool. They emptied the pool and put carpet inside. It was very hard to get on court because there were too many kids and not enough time, so we would practice in the pool. I recently visited there. The coaches that were working there when I was young were still there. Kids were still practicing. Going back brought back so many memories.

Tennis in Serbia is very popular. It’s like a trend to carry your tennis racket.

What activities are you involved in other than tennis?

I got integrated as a UNICEF National Ambassador for Serbia, for the Schools Without Violence program. Every time I’m in Serbia, I attend schools and try to spend time with the kids and encourage them to behave well, because it’s really unfortunate how much violence there is in schools. I try to take time to educate kids and try to motivate them to be good friends, and I really hope it can make a difference. I started playing tennis because of Monica Seles. I try to think that I might inspire kids to play tennis, too.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote