2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #1
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute
2014 European spring: Grass is for cows, right?

GRASS SEASON

We all know that Ana's been a real scrub on grass for years now and I don't think anyone here has any expectations on the fastest surface.

Last time she's made some QF or more on grass was in 2011 when she reached semis in Birmingham. Her career record on grass is pretty poor (31-19), even though she was the semifinalist of The Championships back in 2007. Also, only 2 QFs and 2 SFs on grass is a bad result for a player of Ana's caliber who has been on Tour for 10 years.

She's scheduled to play 2 tournaments on grass this season:
- Birmingham
- Wimbledon

Let's see how bad good she'll be this year. Maybe she can make damage this year? We won't know until it starts - it will be a MYSTERY.

AJDE!
I guess.

Last edited by Fighteranovic : Jun 6th, 2014 at 03:59 PM.
Fighteranovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #2
country flag Wanderer

Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of Wanderer has much to be proud of
Re: 2014 European spring: The clay is more red when it's 400love

I like the thread title

Hopefully she can bring some of her Aussie form in Europe after weak February/March.

TT 2014
Singles (142) - F 50k Croissy-Beaubourg
Doubles (137)
- W 25k Sao Paulo II; W 75k Nottingham I; W 25k Essen; F 25k Phuket (all w/Deumex)
Wanderer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

It is also very important that Ana gains as much possible points as she can get in Monterrey, because she might be a bit tired after FED cup for Stuttgart where she defends QF.

I like clay season. It is my favourite part of the year together with summer in America (Stanford - US Open)

Ana needs good clay season. My bigest wish for her is to have deep run at RG (SF maybe?) She neeeds big results on clay, because in my opinion, she is still top 5 player on clay from current active players.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #9
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #4
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
The final in Mexico, Stuttgart and Rome will be important for RG seeding if Ana can't defend her SF points in Madrid.
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #5
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

She might retire from Fed Cup tie after this week
Jizynovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #6
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizy View Post
She might retire from Fed Cup tie after this week
No way. Sorana is playing (party time), and Ana has a great chance to test herself against Halep and Sorana before important clay tournaments. + She became Fed Cup Goat in last two seasons, she loves to play it.

I fully expect Ana and Jovana to play singles matches for Serbia this time.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #7
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
No way. Sorana is playing (party time), and Ana has a great chance to test herself against Halep and Sorana before important clay tournaments. + She became Fed Cup Goat in last two seasons, she loves to play it.

I fully expect Ana and Jovana to play singles matches for Serbia this time.
But is it confirmed already that she'll play fed cup?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up)
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014
Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
dogwonder24 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 03:25 AM   #8
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder24 View Post
The deadline for official team nominations is 10 days before the tie begins which start at 19 April.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #9
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Milan.... Ana should be back in the avatar.

*Subscribes*

P.S --> I'm making the thread for the grass season or the USO series. SO Y'all better back off.

Please
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:21 AM   #10
country flag Jizynovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post

*Subscribes*

P.S --> I'm making the thread for the grass season or the USO series. SO Y'all better back off.

Please

Who is exactly the ruler here?
Is it Panther24, Milan, or InsideOut?
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Ana'sProcess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwonder24 View Post

Yes it is. Couple of weeks ago. Only if Ana decides not to play, but I really doubt it will happen. She is in good form, motivated, and plays good tennis at FED Cup lately.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 07:41 AM   #12
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Yes it is. Couple of weeks ago. Only if Ana decides not to play, but I really doubt it will happen. She is in good form, motivated, and plays good tennis at FED Cup lately.
Please don't jinx her

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up)
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014
Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
dogwonder24 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #13
Fighteranovic

Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute Fighteranovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post

*Subscribes*

Please
Of course you can make those threads
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #14
country flag nonRelativity

nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light nonRelativity is a glorious beacon of light

Lets hope someone WDs from Stuttgart so Ana will be seeded
nonRelativity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #15
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Of course you can make those threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizy View Post

Who is exactly the ruler here?
Is it Panther24, Milan, or InsideOut?
Pretty sure there's no "ruler" in here.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote